Belicheck/Pats won't pay Wilfork Big Money/ It;s not the Patriot Way!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Belicheck/Pats won't pay Wilfork Big Money/ It;s not the Patriot Way!

Everyone has their opinion on why Wilfork should be paid big money by the Patriots, but if you look at the Patriot's History over the last 5 years, it's not going to happen.

This rebuild process is going to take longer than just one year, first the coaching staff is Big Bill, period, so thats a mess. Next, lets just say everything but Brady, Seabass, and Gostkowski. Last years draft we were hopeful to get some LB's and hopefully someone to replace Laura Mahoney oh well!, this year its the same wishful thinking.

Next year Im afraid with the new surge of the Jets and Miami, its not going to be a happy Patriot Nation. BUT, we had a great decade of a winning team and looks like its going to be a long slow process back to the top.  You know what?, Thats ok because we all got to see the Patriot's do it not once, not twice, but 3 times! Now thats gotta put a smile on your unhappy faces!Surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Re: Belicheck/Pats won't pay Wilfork Big Money/ It;s not the Patriot Way!

I agree with that. I spoke with my agent on this matter and he agreed also. He said he would like to post on here but hes still in prison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots will overpay any active player with humongous, gaudy diamond rings that put any other team's rings to shame.  The team will pay for state-of-the-art training facilities and locker rooms.  They will hire the best coach and make him happy.  The team does not skimp anywhere.

This is different from the Patriots always cheaping out when they are under the salary cap.

Guess what?  There's no longer any salary cap!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

It's time for the Patriots to change how they do things.  The league is evolving without them.  It's easy to criticize how other teams (Colts) do things but we need to look at ourselves.  Sure we have a ton of draft picks.  But, we all know most of those picks won't work out and it takes 2-3 years to develop most players.  In BB I no longer trust. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

NE will spend money on the right player at the right position and hopefully that means Wilfork is back. With a uncapped year, why can the Patriots not work out a long term deal where they pay a large sum out during the uncapped year???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, any notion that the Pats are cheap under the cap is simply not supported by the facts.  There were 22 teams with more cap space last year than the Pats.  I may be off by a slot or two.  I think we perhaps pay too much for some of our marginal players (i.e. Kaczur) and that limits what's available for the real good players.

I don't think I have a clue as to how the Pats will behave in an uncapped year.  I want to say that they will lock up the real good players with front loaded contracts, but not all of my wants make it over to BB and Kraft; which is a good thing.  If they listened to the fans all of the time, they'd find themselves sitting next to the fans in the stadium.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

in an uncap year there's not cap penalty when a player is released, I don't know exactly what AD is supposed to make but if you can't trade him cut him and give that $$ to VW.

I know the contract is un Patriot like but so are most of the d players, need to keep the ones that play with pride and something as simple as getting upset over loosing is what I want in players that are on this team.

If there's a will there's a way, VW wants to stay, the Pats want him to stay so just pay the man.  We gave AD a stup d contract why not someone who has actually produced.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This is the trickiest question for BB to answer this offseason,do you Tag Wilfork knowing he'll only get 7 mil for one year? Or do you sign him knowing he might not be the same player for along term contract. Or do you trade him and hope you receive a high draft choice or 2 in return? There are maybe 4 blue chip players available at the nose tackle position in this years draft,maybe you can get The Broncos or the Chiefs to give up their first round picks and then you are talking about controlling the draft,because if you trade him and wind up with one of the top picks you can dictate what other teams will do and in essence since you already have 3 picks in the second round you can make other teams alter their drafts.Which allows you to narrow your search for indivigual players...It could work out well for the Patriots to move either Mankins or Wilfork but on the other hand you already know what you have if you keep the both of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Sadly I don't believe they will sign him to a new contract, at least not this year.  What they will do however and you can bank on this, is slap the franchise tag on him.  The only question regarding Wilfork that we really need to concern ourselves with is if he is willing to play under the tag, or if he will choose to sit out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Seymour trade and nothing to do with Vince. Both of their contracts were up at the end of the season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They will offer to pay him, but they won't overpay him and break the bank on one guy. 

We should have some cash though when they dump AT and other underachievers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

They cant dump AT its almost a 9 mil cap hit if they do

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They pay for players who they think offer real value (Milloy in BB's first year, Seymour's big contract, Randy Moss two years ago), but they have a strict view of who fits that profile. I'm sure wilfork does, but they won't sign him if he wants Haynesworth money. Not doing that is not being cheap, it's dumb. And, practically speaking, they'd be morons not to franchise both Wilfork and Mankins. You can't risk losing those guys and getting nothing in return. Perhaps franchise and then work out a long term deal?

I'm all for frontloading too. I think some teams will do that, and the teams that don't might miss on a lot of quality players. That could be a good solution for the fork, Mankins, and even a high priced free agent like Peppers. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Willfork is Bellichicks best player He always gives it 100% every game not like other players who don't earn there over paid salaries I say HE NEEDS to bring Willfork back He already cost the Pats games when he got rid of Seymour Vrabel and others

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Im so tired of people saying Vrabel going cost us games. He had 44 tackles and 2 sacks this past year. Vrabel is way past his prime

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Without Wilfork the defensive cupboard is pretty bare.  And all that 3-4, 4-3 situational stuff the Pats do is finito if Big Vince isn't there to clog the middle.  Who is gonna man the nose?  Forget the 3-4 is he's gone.