Belichek without Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Belichek without Brady

#  of  SB  wins  BB  has  as  a  head  coach  with    any  other  QB  other  than  TB : 0

#  of  years   BB  coaches  PATS  without  Brady : 3

#  of  Lombardy  trophies  TB  has  with  Tom  Coughlin, Mike  McCarthy  or  Sean  Peyton  as  coach : 6

Most  likely  job  BB  has  in  2012  without  ever  having  TB : special  teams  coach  of  Cincinnati  Bengals.

Bill  Belichek  learning  how  to  field  a  top  10  defense :  PRICELESS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Belichek without Brady

The only thing that we have to go on over the past 11 years is how did the Patriots do the year Brady was injured. If then won 8 game with their starter down all year then I'd have to say he did very well in this pass first league. Using an easy schedule is a lame excuse as we all know how tough it is to win in the NFL, this year is an example of that.

Ill take both Belichick and Brady and I'm sure they feel the same.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing that we have to go on over the past 11 years is how did the Patriots do the year Brady was injured. If then won 8 game with their starter down all year then I'd have to say he did very well in this pass first league. Using an easy schedule is a lame excuse as we all know how tough it is to win in the NFL, this year is an example of that.

Ill take both Belichick and Brady and I'm sure they feel the same.

[/QUOTE]

Well, other than 2008 we do have 2000 to go by with BB as Pats' HC. He took over an 8-8 team and went 5-11 with it. He also had Bledsoe who was considered a good if not elite starting NFL QB. So he is 16-16 in two seasons as Pats HC without Brady. Neither season did BB get us to the playoffs. With Brady, he has gone to the SB 5 of ten years.

As far as 2008, tell me who they beat that was any good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady without Belichick

Undrafted   0-0

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Grier was the only one who called Michigan with interest in Brady, and Dick Rehbein scouted him and pestered BB to take him. So, BB has to get in line to take the credit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wow! This thread is overflowing with intelligence!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

OHHH MYYY!! Either a ridiculous Brady fan or the more likely option of ridiculous troll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I've thought about this argument many times and whether they wanted to take him or they got lucky. The defining point has to be that they carried 4 QB's that year, I mean come on what team ever does that and the fact that BB has final say on these things means he must have at least had an idea what Brady would become if he was worked with. If it's not a legitimate point here's a task...find the last team with a franchise QB who carried 4 QBs through out a season. I bet it'll be hard !

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

^^^^^^

AZZ/HOLE HIM

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady without Belichick

Undrafted   0-0

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Grier was the only one who called Michigan with interest in Brady, and Dick Rehbein scouted him and pestered BB to take him. So, BB has to get in line to take the credit.

[/QUOTE]

Well for starters they beat two teams that have already beat them this year. I don't care who they play it isn't easy to win in this league. I said that Brady is great and Belichick is too. It sounds like you are trying to say that this run is all Brady and not Belichick . Could you do better than Belichick? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

doesn't a majority of HOF coaches usually have a HOF qb at their helm during their dynasty?

just curious....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady without Belichick

Undrafted   0-0

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well for starters they beat two teams that have already beat them this year. I don't care who they play it isn't easy to win in this league. I said that Brady is great and Belichick is too. It sounds like you are trying to say that this run is all Brady and not Belichick . Could you do better than Belichick? 

[/QUOTE]

Overall, BB hasn't done very well without Brady. That is a fact. Whether that is some sort of mysterious coincidence or dependent on other factors I will let each with an opinion spin as they see fit without rancor. But I would always vote for the great QB over the great coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've thought about this argument many times and whether they wanted to take him or they got lucky. The defining point has to be that they carried 4 QB's that year, I mean come on what team ever does that and the fact that BB has final say on these things means he must have at least had an idea what Brady would become if he was worked with. If it's not a legitimate point here's a task...find the last team with a franchise QB who carried 4 QBs through out a season. I bet it'll be hard !

[/QUOTE]

BB deciding to keep 4 QBs had to do with what he saw in camp rather than some inkling he had about Brady coming out of college.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What is funny about this, is that Grier started the ball rolling on looking at Brady. Then BB fired him and hired Tuna's son in law Pioli. Nice reward for finding the Pats the guy some claim is the greatest football player of all-time in the 6th round, eh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Everyones entitled to their opinion but  I'm going to stand by mine. You have to have a great QB and great coach to do what these guys have done. Like I said earlier , Dan Marino was a great hall of fame QB but never won a ring. Peyton Manning has only one ring and he's pretty good too. In the NBA one superstar can make a team very good because just five guys on the court, in the NFL you need a team, a coach, and a QB.

Belichick and Brady may be the best tandem ever, the two of them are what makes this team go IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Football is a coaches league; 60+ man rosters make that a fact.  

Great QB's go to poor teams and flop, average prospects go to great programs and soar.  

Harbaugh in San Francisco is a great example or worst to first type of change that coaching can bring.  It starts there.

Many of you will say Brady only cost BB a 6th round pick, don't be dismissive of that. If BB didn't think much of Brady he could have waited for him to go undrafted, he didn't, he took the kid.

This isn't basketball, this is football; owners/coaches rule.  The Patties will continue to be good after Tom Brady rides off into the sunset as long as Bill is around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Football is a coaches league; 60+ man rosters make that a fact.  

Great QB's go to poor teams and flop, average prospects go to great programs and soar.  

Harbaugh in San Francisco is a great example or worst to first type of change that coaching can bring.  It starts there.

Many of you will say Brady only cost BB a 6th round pick, don't be dismissive of that. If BB didn't think much of Brady he could have waited for him to go undrafted, he didn't, he took the kid.

This isn't basketball, this is football; owners/coaches rule.  The Patties will continue to be good after Tom Brady rides off into the sunset as long as Bill is around.

[/QUOTE]

That remains to be seen. I disagree. You don't lose a HOF QB and keep chugging along your merry way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Everyones entitled to their opinion but  I'm going to stand by mine. You have to have a great QB and great coach to do what these guys have done. Like I said earlier , Dan Marino was a great hall of fame QB but never won a ring. Peyton Manning has only one ring and he's pretty good too. In the NBA one superstar can make a team very good because just five guys on the court, in the NFL you need a team, a coach, and a QB.

Belichick and Brady may be the best tandem ever, the two of them are what makes this team go IMO.

[/QUOTE]

You're not making a whole lot of sense with your point. Marino had Shula, the winningest coach in history, and a HOFer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I can't predict which QB's will be free agents when the time comes, but if you were a QB wouldn't you want to live in NE and play for Krafty and Belichick?  

If Mallett isn't the guy, and I'm very high on Mallett, then BB will have two first round picks to package to acquire another QB.  All free agents consider the Pats unless there's an overwhelming bias or unless they just want to make an exorbitant amount of money. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

LA beaches are filthy, which pretty much tells me you've never left New Jersey. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

L.A. ................Are the Raiders moving? Is Jacksonville? Kind of a moot point. How many good coaches have been absolutely crushed in the NFL? Robinson, Saban, Spurrier, Petrino. etc... Maintaining a ten year record of success in the NFL (not NCAA) is more difficult than beating Middle South Carolina State by 40 pts in the Skoal Bowl.

People seem to forget that the Pats D was very good 2001-2007. I don't buy that it was all Brady all the time that kept the Pats winning. It's football. Brady's last five years could be better than his first four years. Hate to overstate the obvious, but great teams win Super Bowls and great players contribute.