Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

They completely lost the game in the 4th quarter when they had no sense of urgency what so ever and wasting 1/2 of the quarter on 1 drive that accomplished nothing..they needed 2 possessions to win! I have no idea what Belichick was thinking..They deserved to lose this game...Im worried this is becoming the trend in NE...Jets came to play..They deserve all the glory..Although I still think a few of the Jets are tools, including their coach..But hey...It is what it is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nora. Show Nora's posts

Out coached, Out Played, Out enthusiasm - Jet's showed they wanted to win, Patriots showed they expected to win!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I see some really stupid post on this thread and others, and it does not surprise me that a great majority of these post are from brand new accounts with a 1-10 history of post on them. Get a life! Grow up! Which ever applies to you 

With that said all credit goes to the Jets (Coaching Staff/Players/Ownership). From start to finish, they have talked the talk and so far are walking the walk. 

I will also point out that my faith in this Coaching regime is really dwindling and that is based entirely on the  product that is displayed on the field. Do I think BB should be fired...no! Who replaces him? But I will judge this regime just like they judge the players. I'm not sure what happens this off season/draft, but I expect the usual, BB trading down, trading some of this years pick for next years pick, players returning, players departing. The kool-aid drinkers (the ones who don't have me on ignore) will probably call me a troll but whatever, this Coaching regime is not giving me a lot of hope.  Here is to next year if there is one.

Oh and Underdoggggg/IndyLove/UD6 a lot of us "regulars" are not here because usually in a big game like this we have other places to like sports bars (Good Times for example) or other sports bars or maybe even a friends house to watch the game. Its called a life. Sorry most of us did not heed to your little "Call Of The Wild"  pun intended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]I see some really stupid post on this thread and others, and it does not surprise me that a great majority of these post are from brand new accounts with a 1-10 history of post on them. Get a life! Grow up! Which ever applies to you  With that said all credit goes to the Jets (Coaching Staff/Players/Ownership). From start to finish, they have talked the talk and so far are walking the walk.  I will also point out that my faith in this Coaching regime is really dwindling and that is based entirely on the  product that is displayed on the field. Do I think BB should be fired...no! Who replaces him? But I will judge this regime just like they judge the players. I'm not sure what happens this off season/draft, but I expect the usual, BB trading down, trading some of this years pick for next years pick, players returning, players departing. The kool-aid drinkers (the ones who don't have me on ignore) will probably call me a troll but whatever, this Coaching regime is not giving me a lot of hope.  Here is to next year if there is one. Oh and Underdoggggg/IndyLove/UD6 a lot of us "regulars" are not here because usually in a big game like this we have other places to like sports bars (Good Times for example) or other sports bars or maybe even a friends house to watch the game. Its called a life. Sorry most of us did not heed to your little "Call Of The Wild"  pun intended.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Although i read these blogs everyday, I dont post a real lot. I am a true pats fan since the 70's and will remain one. I agree with your whole post and dont think your post was trollish in the least. The team played with no sense of urgency and deserved to lose this game. I stay level headed about my Boston teams so Im not looking for someones head. The only way I thought they would lose the game is if they made mistakes and werent able to take advantage or cause turnovers..Well, that happened and we see the result. The 4th quarter drive that took 1/2 of the quarter was pathetic. No sense of urgency AT ALL! This team will be back next year and I will be here cheering them on once again. Its a tough pill to swollow , thats for sure....Jets deserve all the glory...They stepped up and the pats laid down..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacko23. Show jacko23's posts

We need a little class

Jimmy Durante used to say, "Here I am, surrounded by assassins." Today at an NFL game, no matter where you are, you're surrounded by lowlifes.
    Where do they get the money?
    I love fake punts. I saw Bobby Layne, fourth and 35, fake a punt and run for a first that eventually made the difference. Bill Belichek coached an imaginative game. He just didn't have the horses, and let's face it, Randy Moss could have made the difference.
    The Ryans love defense. The Jets picked up a lot of veteran talent who still have a great game or two in them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abruzz. Show abruzz's posts

keys to yesterday's game: 1) Brady overthrows BJGE on screen and and it is interecepted and 2) Crumpler dropping sure TD in 1st qtr...,those 2 plays would have set the tone early in game...had the Pats scored 10-14 pts on those 2 drives, the fake punt would never have been an issue.

the thing I find most disturbing is that they lost their last 2 home playoff games...when the Pats won Super Bowls, they had playmakers at LB...we are lacking that right now....with 7 picks in the 1st 4 rounds this year, BB better load up on some playmakers on D and a WR that can be a gamebreaker.

early on in the year, I thought thos was an 11 win team...but they played great and won 14....lifted my expectations to Super bowl level...now this morning I am crushed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pigskinnuts. Show pigskinnuts's posts

This beating completely nullifies any fan's delight of a 14-2 season and all of the expectations that derived from it. It probably would have been better to finish 10-6 and being content with having had a decent year in view of all the difficulties and uncertainties that the team and coaching staff had from as far back as training camp. But, to lose in this manner is like a kick in the gut whose pain will never go away. It's a permanent injury to all Pats' fans. A lot of reflecting now must be done for the future: Can Boring Bill Belichik win another playoff game? Should Tom Brady start considering an acting career at 34? Can this offensive line come up big when it's supposed to? Can someone show the Pats defensive coaches how to implement blitz packages? On and on the questions go.  Hope only goes so far.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arizzo60. Show arizzo60's posts

As much as it hurts, the Patriots have been soft on defense and special teams for the last five years.  When was the last time anyone felt confident about the defense getting off the field on 3rd down?  Remember '03 & '04?  Pats had a smash-mouth running game to go with its passing game.  The Patriots are built for the regular season, not the playoffs.  Just look at who is left (Green Bay, Chicago, Jets, Steelers), none of whom are known for their offense.  That used to be us, and the reason we are not built like those teams anymore is the reason we haven't won anything in 6 years.  I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am.  I'm willing to listen to rebuttals while I get over another disaster.

One last thing...our combined record in '07 & '10 was 32-4, yet we have nothing to show for it.  WOW!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyless1. Show bradyless1's posts

Its tough to swallow? Hardly. 4 wide receivers who resemble the smurfs. there listed at 5-9 but is that standing on a phone book.  The woodhead story was cute but that guy is not an everyday football player, BenJarvus Green-Ellis is not a starter in this league. Belichek thinks he can just wave his magic wand and he'll win. This team was a train wreck waiting to happen.
    If it was any other team Brady probably beats them, but his pure hatred for the jets I believe cost us any chance to win the game. Simply put the Pats are no where near the talent that the jets have assembled.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from juliadennehy. Show juliadennehy's posts

Oh yeah, I want Patriots season tickets... lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from alive. Show alive's posts

The Jets played very well. Their defense was especially effective, and the Pats receivers struggled all game. Tom Brady was hurried and harried and roughed up. Beyond this, the Jets seemed fired up, and the Patriots did not. The Pats looked sluggish, like they were going through the motions without much conviction. The Jets were on fire. It looked from early in the game like the Jets would win.  

I wonder in some ways if it isn't better to be a wild card team facing low expectations than to be a team that gets a week off and is expected to win on their home turf. The Pats leadership will have a long off-season to think through what happened and plan for next year. 

Anyhow, kudos to the Jets for an excellent winning effort. I am a Patriots fan, but the Jets did everything right to take this one. They deserve to celebrate and to be praised, but not too long. Pittsburgh awaits them, and that should be a good game.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFan20832. Show PatFan20832's posts

Everything happens for a reason.  In my belief, the Green Bay Packers are going to be the next NFL champions.  It is probably easier this way, a bad day on a playoff game, rather than going all the way to the Super Bowl and running into the brick wall of the Green Bay Packers destiny.  Take comfort that whoever wins - Steelers or Jets - are going to have their lunch handed to them by the Green Bay Packers - big time with the world watching the Super Bowl.  Be glad it is not the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jakethesnake53. Show Jakethesnake53's posts

What's there to grieve about? They were not ready to play and were beaten in every aspect of the game! We all dislike the LOUD MOUTH from N.Y., but , he taught B.B. a few lessons today. The offensive coach should be replaced because the whole world know what's coming next--NO imagination in his plays or play calling!!! Hope next year is better!  GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bozz08. Show bozz08's posts

20 days till pitchers and cathchers.

The jets backed up trash...the pats made the mistakes the right team won.

Long winter..for the Patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caddyshark. Show Caddyshark's posts

Why was there non sense of urgency in the fourth quarter drive when the Patriots up getting a field goal?  Everyone was screaming for them to do some type of no huddle or hurry up offence but they took their time on every play and then ran the ball most of the time.  I blame the coach on that one.  My mantra used to be "in Belichek we trust", but I'm now taking that down a notch or two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from morzepa. Show morzepa's posts

Poor clock management in 4th. No huddle was needed. Pat's had no intensity in their play. Hats off to Jets.  Only positive I can say is a young defense will only improve and not a bad season for a team that was picked to go 9-7 at beginning of year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abruzz. Show abruzz's posts

look at the 4 teams left...the defenses are rated #1,2,4 and 6 in the league...time to get the Pats defense to that level again...am I wrong to want McDaniel and Mangini back as coordinators?....this bend but don't break defense wears out our guys and keeps the ball away from the offense...we need Clay Matthew type players (btw, he was ours twice last yr in draft, but we traded down and eneded up with Butler and Tate...not a fair value there)...I hope that in this yrs draft, BB trades up and not down to get us an impact player....I would prefer 2 great players to 7 mediocre players....and don't be afraid to add a piece in free agency...a nice big WR would do wonders for us

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ivy67. Show ivy67's posts

The Patriots played to their ability.  Give the Jets their due, they played the game to win.  Remember that this was a rebuilding year for the Patriots, they had 22, 1st and second year players, their Defense was still a rookie defense, the Offense plays to Brady, (he has a good day they do, if not they fail). They have plenty of draft choices this coming draft and they will be a much improved team next year.  Give Belichick credit for taking a team in transition to the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldgeek143. Show oldgeek143's posts

The Pats were in a word flat. This is one of those games where the better team did not win. Turnovers are always a killer and the Pat's did not help their cause. The Jet's showed up and were effective on both defense and offense.  It also looked like the Jet's had a better game plan. It pains me to say that Rex and the Jet's delivered. I suspect that defeating the Jets 45-3 was not smart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SkateNY. Show SkateNY's posts

I live in NYC, so I like what happened tonight.

But I have to say this. The Jets are still thugs. And many of their fans are thugs. I'm a Giants fan, so I have mixed feelings about all this. But they're going to shoot themselves in the foot, somewhere along the line. You can't keep up this line of bull#### without getting hurt.

I'm certain there are many Jets/Football fans from the 1960's, 70's, 80's and on. But the current group of Jets fans, not all of them, are slobs.

I hope your team wins, but I'm not rooting for your so-called fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

Cromartie was right.  Karma is not something to be taken lightly, though his language was, say, a bit more colorful.  I particularly liked the Jet's two "injuries" that stopped Patriot drives cold.  They were reminiscent of Willie McGinnest's Golden Globe-worthy performance at the RCA Dome followed by a sprint to mid field to desecrate our turf and celebrate your victory back in '04...kind of like all of those Jets flying around the razor after last night's game.  Those two drive killing time outs might have cost the Pats the game, and they were straight out of the BB...er...play book, if you aren't too embarrassed to call it that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shots4all. Show shots4all's posts

Transition year? You've got to be kidding me. Transitioning from what? A team that hasn't won anything in seven years to a team that can't even win one playoff game?

I'm a Patriots fan, one of those whiners who have been complaining about this cheap and incredibly arrogant regime that charges the highest ticket prices in football and consistently puts out one of the lowest paid teams in the league.

If they are in transition, where is the young, stud running back who is going to finally give them their first true running attack since Corey Dillon? Where are the young receivers who can actually stretch the field and create some havoc? Where are all those strong rookie pass rushers ready to jump in and lead next year?

Transition means actually putting a plan in place to improve the team. But why would Kraft want to when a bunch of "In Bill We Trust'' Flunkies will keep paying huge prices for inferior talent?

Hopefully the only transition will be season ticket holders cashing out to let the owner know it's time to field a real product, not just one for the regular season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Don't know who that team was on the field yesterday but it sure
    didn't look like the Patriots.

Lousy execution across the board....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanzer. Show tanzer's posts

You've got to tip your hat.  They did what they said they would do and most importantly, Rex Ryan deserves most of the credit here.  He got the most out of his people by being the better coach.  He assumed responsibility for the 45-3 deal, fixed the problem and put his team in a position to win with a gameplan featuring a 64-bit military level-encrypted assemblege of X's and O's defense that we never figured out, but most importantly he knew exactly what he needed to do to get the most out of the particular personalities on his roster and he did it.  After taking a pounding here that had to require an unimaginable amount of character to overcome, they beat the AFC's unbeatables in their own buildings. 

They will in all likelihood do the same in Pittsburgh, and I hope they do.  The injustice of loudmouths backing up their words being left aside, they deserve it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoYazBoomer. Show RicoYazBoomer's posts

From the moment the Jets beat the Colts I dreaded the thought of the Pats' season being ended by a NY team.  Now we can all listen to the city of bad losers and worse winners go on and on and on.  I'm a big Steelers fan now..whatever it takes to keep that bunch of trash talking zeros from winning a title.  We never need to see another Canyon of Heros parade.