Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TruePat44. Show TruePat44's posts

Re: Belicheck needs to be fire

In Response to Belicheck needs to be fire:
    [QUOTE]Belicheck needs to be fired. Im not joking.  Belicheck has already accomplished more than any one else and has nothing left to prove, it didn't even seem like the staff was trying today. Way too many mistake.  That was the worst coached game ever.  Time to clean out the coaching staff in bring a group that has something to prove. 
    Posted by golfgod08[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cypher0807. Show cypher0807's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Nice to see the Patriot fans are humbled and not trash talking the JETS, I appreciate that. However, don't talk as if the Pats made mistakes all day...We know this.

Rather put it as the Jets had their number! Why is it when any other team does change ups and multiple switch line ups like your beloved BB, PAT fans blame the guys who missed the plays.

All I hear out of that camp is "we're changing up our route" "we're doing this, we're doing this" Blah Blah Blah, like the Patriots are the first to discover fire! Yeah, well the flame was put out.

As a long time Jet fan this was my Superbowl! I don't care if we loose next week. We beat the "Brain" at HOME in the POST SEASON. That's enough for me!

BB!
    (who by the way looked like a smurfed jedi knight with his hood up. "BB" is the only one I know know who can rock out a sweatshirt with cutoff sleeves and a headband and no one busts his *****)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MJSCAF. Show MJSCAF's posts

ok, that's over...where do we go from here....
    O-line-good bye Matt Light...hello Sebastian Volmer..
    D-line hello to a stud pass rusher..
    A big hello to a pure running back with some size..
    How can any Patriots fan root for either the Jets or the (cry baby) Steelers?

Go Packers!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TruePat44. Show TruePat44's posts

We know that Belichick can't draft well (trade down for "value" and pass over Chris Mathews for Butler) and now the other coaches have caught up with him.  And since he doesn't hire competent assistant coaches, we are destined for more of this in the future.  Please fire Belichick and get some fresh thinking in here.  His time has passed. That 4th quarter play calling says it all.  We have NO brain trust on the sideline over there -- just a lump of arrogance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Like it or not the Pats would have won with Randy Moss.  The reason the Pats lost was because the lack a Randy Moss type receiver.  I love all the receivers the Pats have but they are missing the explosive guy that requires double coverage.  The other team was able to put single coverage on every one of our receivers and still get a big pass rush on Brady.   Brady kills teams in those conditions because he finds the open receiver.  Yesterday there were none.  It takes a team with great coverage to do that but a great wideout that requires double coverage would break it down.   The Pats will fix this problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from codfishcat. Show codfishcat's posts

What in G'ds name were the Patriot's doing the past two weeks while Rex Ryan and the JETS were telling them exactly what DID happen!!! 

Shame, shame , same old, same old stuff from the Patriots.  You tell me that they can win upteen games with great scores and then just play as if they just didn't care if they let plus or minus 65,000 (and millions fans via media) of their fans who cared enough to make the trip to Foxboro, shelling plus or minus $200.00 a seat.  SOMETHING IS DRASTICALLY WRONG! I am not a sore loser, but the only thing that make sense to me is that Gambling must bring in much more than the price at Foxboro. 

So, so pathetic.  Perhaps it might be best in BRADY left football and become a top model in Paris; it certainly seems to me that he gives it his #1 priority.

I'll close because it hurts so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siwanoy. Show siwanoy's posts

What did Ryan and Belichick say to each other after the game?  Neither will talk. That makes it quite interesting.  Do you suppose Ryan thanked him for the symbolic gesture of keeping Welker out of the first series of downs?  

Belichick did it out of respect for the game and because of the practical impact. Welker did infuriate many Jets.  It appeared Bart Scott was still seething, being angrier after the game than he was before it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The Pats played tight, and that comes from the top. The benching of Walker shoudve been our first clue. If I don't see Crumpler and Woodhead again for the rest of my life I will be happy. They are role players at best and to see them featured when we had our young TE's and BJGE watching from the sidelines was just insanity. Welker benched? For what? Having a decent sense of humor? Brady looked like Tony Eason. Uncomfortable, indecisive, and full of self-doubt. The clinchee was watching that drive to nowhere. 'Woodhead up the middle..." will be in my nightmares this entire year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TruePat44. Show TruePat44's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]Terrible coaching job by Belichick.  1) Fake punt...are you kidding me?  Better to just punt, go into the locker room down 4 knowing you have the ball to start the 3rd.  2) Should have gone no huddle the whole second half to get Brady into some kind of rhythm.  3)should have booted it with 2 minutes left and pinned them back instead of the onside kick.  They were just going to run it three times anyway and you stopped them the last time. Lastly, Brady choked.  That pick in the first quarter made him skittish the rest of the half.  He made some very un-Brady like throws and held the ball way too long.  And where the hell was Hernandez? Time to move on....GO CELTS! o quarters.   
    Posted by D-Dub33[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snord. Show snord's posts

Im from MN so not much to talk about here.  I thought our terrible offensive coordinator was calling the plays.  Everyone always talks about how Green-Ellis gets the extra yards and never fumbles.  Where the hell was he?  9 carries? 1000 yard season and he's standing on the sidelines?  Why change what got you there now?  Why is Woodhead all of the sudden the next coming of Jim Brown?  All you heard was the Jets coverage.  Pound the rock with the Law Firm and its a different game.  That would have opened up some play action which you dont have running with Woodhead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonHarmony. Show BostonHarmony's posts

If it's true that Belichick benched Wes Welker for the first offensive series in the game for the comments he made, then Belichick made a a costly mistake that sent absolutely the wrong message to the entire team at the worst possible moment.  Instead of a private "You shouldn't have, but I understand why" kick in the rear, BB's acton deflated everyone.  Management 101 error.  Sometimes a seemingly small cause can have a devastating effect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TruePat44. Show TruePat44's posts

You are right on target!  Amazingly stupid decisons by Belichick and his assistants.  There is a theme here:  No new thinking is allowed.  Does anyone remember the defensive coach who was here last year but not allowed to do anything?  He is currenty coaching the Packers defense and about to win the Super Bowl next month.  Has anyone noticed that?  That is the arrogance that is killing us.  That same uninspiring arrogance that made Welker sit on the bench last night.  That same arrogance that "trades down for value" in the drafts and passes by Chris Mathews for Butler. That same team killing arrogance that is destroying our team, our public perception, and the future of this franchise.  Mr. Kraft, the time has come for some fresh leadership across the board.  Belichick's brain has more questions than answers now.  Let's face it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dehud. Show dehud's posts

Not that shocking really. Expectations were much too low for the Jets and much too high for the Pats. The Jets could trash talk all week without much risk. If they lost it would have been what everyone expected. The Pats had two weeks to tell themselves not to be overconfident and they came out flat. The fact that the first two times on offense they moved smoothly but only came away with 3 points instead of 14, while denying the Jets what seemed a sure score after the interception did not help. Made it seem like maybe it would be easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacemow. Show peacemow's posts

Day before the game: Belichick is a genius coach; on to the Super Bowl.
    Day after the game: Belichick can't win any more.
    Is is really all about the coach and not the players???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fauxdynasty. Show fauxdynasty's posts

Pats deserved to lose. They got beat soundly. Brady cried like a lil girl.
    Funny.....Pats haven't won a SB since the 04 season......Oddly enough, they haven't won anything since they got caught cheating..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cashier. Show cashier's posts

Wait till next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cashier. Show cashier's posts

Wait till  next year they will win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulebert. Show paulebert's posts

Belichick was out coached and needs to start winning some playoff games.Take
    the "genius" tag off his title because he had 2 weeks to prepare and looked like
    he didn't do his work.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcbarrett. Show jcbarrett's posts

Re: Belichick at Half Time...

The biggest, most obvious failing was visible for all to see: Belichick made no adjustments at half time. The Jets' defensive backs in the first half were clogging the middle. What's a coach to do? Adjust! Run pass patterns in the flats. Delay a receiver until the defensive backs are committed. Send an end down field to clear them out. Run the ball, and for goodness sake not off guard every da** running play, varied only by that tired and predictable double reverse.

The Pats' coaches lost this game. Make no mistake about it.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from epper. Show epper's posts

Maybe Belecheat isn't as good without the illegal video

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fauxdynasty. Show fauxdynasty's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-on-fox?vid=51c3fe0a-c811-4bcd-af34-3ede438891ae

Jay Glazier of FOX Sports seems to think you are still cheating this year.  This film seems to prove that. 

Way to be Pats........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StayRightPassLeft. Show StayRightPassLeft's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]Wait till  next year they will win.
    Posted by cashier[/QUOTE]

I guess y'all have no choice, cause you got outplayed and outcoached. While you were all talking about  the trash talking Jets, the Jets were out game planning and figuring out how to beat the Pats.

For the record, Jets were 2-1 versus the Pats this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadfly. Show gadfly's posts

This loss falls primarily on the shoulders of Brady.  He became reduced to a pocket passer allowing the defenders to hold on to the receivers instead of reacting to any out of the pocket adjustments.  Brady was taking way too many sacks sitting in the pocket as the pocket collapsed around him.

Of note:  Brady likes to yell at his receivers when they do something wrong.  Did you see anybody chewing out Tom for that ill-advised INT on the first drive of the game?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The Pats lost not because they were outplayed or outsmarted or outcoached.  They lost because they don't have the elite all pro wide receiver.