Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from divecp. Show divecp's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Never shouldn have benched Welker for the initial possession, maybe the pass would have gone to WW instead of BJGE.  Great coaching - start with 1 arm tied behind your back. That will show WW never to have some fun with an obnoxious opposing coach, again.

The greatest coach in the history of football doesn't know that you should punt & regroup after having only < 25 yards in 3 possessions in 2nd Quarter. 3:57 min to go in 2nd Q the plays were:  pass - 7 yd, rush - 2, rush - 3, pass - 4; TMW; rush - 2, pass - 0  (= 18 yards before the fake punt).

Brady has lost his "charmed football karma" after dumping his former girlfriend & son, & hooking up with GB.  He will never win another Super Bowl. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomatcomcast. Show tomatcomcast's posts

for all his talk Ryan knows what he's doing. He's getting his team to play with attitude. Belichick I think took the air out of his team by benching Welker. Same as last year when he went after the guys who were late in the snowstorm. Also same playoff result. Of all people Belichick must know that this game is more than x's and o's..it's guys playing with their heads and hearts. Ryan supports Cromartie, Belichick benches Welker. Did that turn the game? "...we just didn't do enough things well today to win..." you be the judge

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dstarz. Show dstarz's posts

They certainly are a better team than they showed today, but we saw that the Jets were a better team than the one that got slaughtered by 42 points. Good win for the Jets, bad showing by the Pats. Too bad, but kudos to Ryan and his FOOTball players. They deserved the win. Thanks for a wonderful season Bill; now on to pitchers and catchers!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxfan401a. Show PatsSoxfan401a's posts

The only silver lining is this TEAM overachieved this season with a 2nd rate DEFENSE.

They have alot of draft picks next season.

Let's hope that they draft some great pass rushers and some more physical OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.

They also should get a BIG WR who can get open.

I thought the biggest FAIL in the game was by the defense giving up a TD drive after the Offense scored to cut it to 14-11.

If the Pats stop the JETS on that next possession, then the OUTCOME may have been different.

However, they allowed a 58 yard reception to Cotchery. INEXCUSABLE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robocon. Show Robocon's posts

Sorry...but that fake punt was a terrible decision...Yeah yeah yeah...if they got the first down I wouldn't be saying this...but, it was a very high risk, low reward call.  It killed them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Go Boston. Show Go Boston's posts

Too much relying on Woodhead today from the backfield.  He is most effective spreading outside.  Time to start trusting the young TE and utilizing them.  Opponents can beat up the small receivers but can't stop the TE.  So effective during the first quarter and getting over a hundred and misteriousy stopped running what was effective.  Bad coaching today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE] Brady was uncharacterstically bad in this gamePosted by PatsSoxfan401a[/QUOTE]

If my memory serves me correct, Brady was uncharacteristically bad his last playoff game against the Ravens too.

Seems to be a pattern.

Of course all we will hear in his press conferences is "we" this and "we" that.

No Tom, YOU stunk.

No heart.  No drive.  No fire.  He was terrible.  Eight minute drive in the 4th quarter down 2 scores?

He should never live that down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The only silver lining is this TEAM overachieved this season with a 2nd rate DEFENSE. They have alot of draft picks next season. Let's hope that they draft some great pass rushers and some more physical OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. They also should get a BIG WR who can get open. I thought the biggest FAIL in the game was by the defense giving up a TD drive after the Offense scored to cut it to 14-11. If the Pats stop the JETS on that next possession, then the OUTCOME may have been different. However, they allowed a 58 yard reception to Cotchery. INEXCUSABLE
    Posted by PatsSoxfan401a[/QUOTE]
    I knew this was coming the moment the Jets went up 14. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmfstop. Show bmfstop's posts

[QUOTE]Full disclosure - I'm a life-long Jets fan from Springfield, relo to NYC 15 years ago - pretty amused by the vitriol from pink-hat Pats fans in a lot of these posts. 31 teams are disappointed every year, and Pats fans should remember the dark days pre Tom, Drew and the two Bills - the Pats gave you another great season in a (once in a lifetime?) 15-year and counting run. You have every right to be disappointed by today's result, but you had 14 great weekends this year, and a lot to be hopeful for next year. Sports are a diversion - not life-or-death like too many people make it. As long as TB is under center, BB is under the hoodie and RK is signing the checks, you will have many more good Sundays than bad. The Pats are still the franchise gold-standard in the NFL, as much as it kills me to believe it, and I honestly do. But as the saying goes, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, and today just happened to be the Jets' Sunday.
    Posted by staaten10301[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynF.D.N.Y.. Show BrooklynF.D.N.Y.'s posts

[QUOTE]Sorry...but that fake punt was a terrible decision...Yeah yeah yeah...if they got the first down I wouldn't be saying this...but, it was a very high risk, low reward call.  It killed them.
    Posted by Robocon[/QUOTE]\
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IthfQ9qFZ_8
    If it works you're a genius. if not,.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmfstop. Show bmfstop's posts

Any given Sunday...like a bear trap on the leg I suppose. Unexpected!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SacoMaine. Show SacoMaine's posts

Brady the Next Manning...0 for 3 in the last playoff games.  Maybe he wants to be 9-10 in playoffssssss.  Pussssssss

Lost to E. Manning, Lost to Flacco & Lost to Sanchez.

Maybe yet he is channelling Favre... It took him 12 years to figure out he was washed up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

It's unfortunate to see the PATS season end the way it does.  Two years in a row.  Is Belichick and Brady losing their touch; or perhaps the defense isn't tough enough, couldn't stop one JETS drive when they needed to.  Sure the JETS were determined, but how can you let this happen on your home field?  This is utterly embarassing.  Maybe Brady should learn to run, and help his team from time to time when his receivers are covered.  Will always come back to haunt you when you have a QB who can't run.  Happened several times in today's game.  JETS made PATS 1-dimensional.  Imagine 14-2 and headed home.  What a bunch of dirtbags.  Read it and reap.Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boscom56. Show boscom56's posts

The patriots could have showed up today. Belichick was an idiot for sitting welker on the first set. make your point, but there was too much at stake. set the tone on the first set..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twixcon. Show twixcon's posts

Belicheat realizes that the 45-3 game was a charade by Rex to convince Belicheat that he'd stolen all the jets signals. i wouldn;t be surprised if Rex didn't "allow" Belicheat to steal a few bogus playbooks as well!!!

I do know that Rex used handouts at halftime and that his halftime talk was all disinformation on the assumption that Belicheat was listening to every word via a hidden microphone. Nice job Rex.

Looks like Welker put FOOT square in his mouth. If only Welker was a  FOOT taller, lol!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovemass. Show lovemass's posts

In Response to Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Props to the Jets for walking the walk. The Pats just plain out got beat today by the better team. Brady never got into it and neither did the coach. Poorly run offensive plays. No heat. Not ready for the playoffs. No second half adjustments. What a waste of a productive year. Com'on Pitt. But having said that, good win for the Jets.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzer68. Show buzzer68's posts

The Patriots have not played a really good playoff game since they beat Phialdelphia in the Super Bowl.  Since then, they have looked tight, out of sync, forcing plays, and trying to make up for it with too much "razzle-dazzle".  This game has passed Bill Belichick by...he is not the coach he was at one time.  He doesn't do a good job preparing a team like he did in years past - sure, the regular season was great, but no matter what happened, there was ALWAYS a next week.  Now, it's one and done and BB can't seem to get out of his own way.  When does Rex Ryan's contract run up?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeaglehaslanded. Show theeaglehaslanded's posts

[QUOTE]Belicheat realizes that the 45-3 game was a charade by Rex to convince Belicheat that he'd stolen all the jets signals. i wouldn;t be surprised if Rex didn't "allow" Belicheat to steal a few bogus playbooks as well!!! I do know that Rex used handouts at halftime and that his halftime talk was all disinformation on the assumption that Belicheat was listening to every word via a hidden microphone. Nice job Rex. Looks like Welker put FOOT square in his mouth. If only Welker was a  FOOT taller, lol!!!
    Posted by twixcon[/QUOTE]

Wow, man. Enjoy your victory, but find a way to deal with your anger issues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpl2001. Show rpl2001's posts

Its called the Dallas Cowboys syndrome; you become so sure you will win you fail to hustle and you lose

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1956goldtop. Show 1956goldtop's posts

Where's my buddy who goes by " BBReigns" on these boards? I'm looking for his breakdown on this game.....Brady now 4 and 5 in playoff games, post Spygate era

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmfstop. Show bmfstop's posts

[QUOTE]for all his talk Ryan knows what he's doing. He's getting his team to play with attitude. Belichick I think took the air out of his team by benching Welker. Same as last year when he went after the guys who were late in the snowstorm. Also same playoff result. Of all people Belichick must know that this game is more than x's and o's..it's guys playing with their heads and hearts. Ryan supports Cromartie, Belichick benches Welker. Did that turn the game? "...we just didn't do enough things well today to win..." you be the judge
    Posted by tomatcomcast[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxfan401a. Show PatsSoxfan401a's posts

Subcritical,
    In all 3 of the Patriots last 3 losses, Brady and the O line have failed miserably.

Makes you question the O line's toughness and Brady's ability to make plays against tough defenses.

The common denominator in these losses has been HEAVY PRESSURE on Brady and the PATS defense showing an inability to make a BIG STOP when they had to.

When the Pats were winning SB's, the DEFENSE made some HUGE Stops when they absolutely had to.

Those TEAMS also were more PHYSICAL than their opponents in the playoffs.

I saw an O line that got manhandled tonight. That was a big problem in this game. Brady looked shellshocked in the pocket and his inability to scramble was costly.

This is sobering news for someone like me who thinks Brady is the GREATEST.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plafayette. Show Plafayette's posts

Who would have thought that it was the offense that would let the team down?  The defense played pretty well but the failure of the offense to move the ball backed the defense up and put the Jets in good field position.  Only real criticism was the botched fake punt.  1:06 left in the half, punt the ball away and the Jets likely do nothing with it.  Instead, they botched it and gave up 7 points.  Bummer.  Go Steelers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovemass. Show lovemass's posts

props to bill for benching welker for the first series, pats are better for that.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else think Tom Brady is a Justin Bieber look alike??

I really liked the play tonight when Bradys pet monkey welker got hit so hard at the goal line that the emblem came flying off his helmet. do you think hes gonna have a headache tomorrow. nice game for branch, kraft should just burn the money. good luck to gang green next week. Justin, I mean Tom, what time is your golf game tomorrow??? Loser!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SDBOLTZ. Show SDBOLTZ's posts

Wow, what a choke job Patsies. Well, one done two yrs in a row. Whats going on here Boston? I understand Norf chokin but Bellicheat? I did win tons of money tonight. took NYJ straight up. Hey, Im an LT fan...why not? Now, here;s out its going to play out: Jets over Pitt, GB over Chi...GB over Jets. rodgers is just too good and that GB defense is coming on strong.

Anyhow, back to basics NE. Gotta run the ball. They stuffed the run which limited the Playaction, Revis and Co...were blankets and that dink and dunk just didnt work tonight. Seriously suspending Welker for some light trash talking was a morale buster. See you guys next year. I hate Norf...