Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

This is the song that never ends ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the song that never ends ...

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that from a PBS kids show? I have a vague memory of it from when my daughter was little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey look, I found an extended portion of the interview. 

Q. Coach, you say "whether you throw it 50 times or run it 50 times. Either one COULD BE GOOD as long as you are acheiving your goal of moving the ball and scoring points and not turning it over". would it be fair to say that if you run it 50 times and do not acheive any of those goals then it didn't work very well?

A. um, yes I would say that is a fair conclusion.

Q. Well then may we also safely assume that if you threw the ball 50 times and it lead to failing to acheive previous mentioned goals of moving the ball, scoring points amd not turning it over then perhaps that didnt work very well either.

A. NOOOOOOO you idiot!, "run pass ratios have nothing to do with winning or losing the game....whatever happened happened, nothing could ever have been done differently ROOOOOAAAARRRRRRR!

Wow, glad I found this excerpt!  This must be where prolate got his idea from.

You were right all along prolate. Congrats bro....

[/QUOTE]

Haha. As opposed to the part of the interview where he says:

"90 passes, 40 runs ... that was our plan coming in, and obviously it was wrong. It is about getting the ball to a certain player or position a certain number of times. That is what football is about, we just forget it here from time to time, and every time we lose ... that's when we happen to forget it. "

Oh, wait, that part didn't happen! What he DID say was that pass-run ratios are "insignificant" data, and that the amount you run is dictated by how well you are able to move the ball prior to the later portion of the game that puts you in "that situation" where you can run frequently because you have a lead or a manageable down and distance.

He said, "It's not about how many runs or how many passes or how many times we throw the ball to this guy or how many times that guy carries the ball."

He discussed it in the  exact same terms I've been using for years on this forum. It really cannot be said more clearly. There is no double speak ... he USED THE EXACT SAME WORDS I"VE BEEN USING. All I need to do is cut and paste the quote.    If you have an issue with it, you should start openly critiquing Bill Belichick instead of hiding behind sarcasm directed at other board members.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, the voice of reason has spoken. I would have never thought Rusty to be the captain of the Anti-BB ship, but it all makes sense now.

Rusty and his minions. Calling out the best coach Eva just because they A.) love running the ball or B.) Hate Brady

anything to deflect from saying " I dont think BB is a good coach" but thats what they are saying..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ Anti - BB agenda!

Call the Forum Police!!!

Why do you guys Fail to see the one difference this year?

We have Blount. Ridley fumbles, Bolden stinks, vareen isnt a lead back.

Thats what happend this year. Wozzy you think McDanieals turned a corner this year and personell has nothing to do with it??  Sounds like you dont think BB is too bright.

[/QUOTE]

We turned a corner last year when we went from 15th-25th in the league rushing the ball to 2nd.  

You dont bother reading posts do you, you just read the first sentence and respond otherwise you would see that I am sticking up for Belichick, that I have to stand up for Belichick on this forum only proves what a bunch of entitled ninnies we have here.

[/QUOTE]

N.E was actually 7th in rushing last year but who is counting right. I am talking playoff running as are most posters. Where the Defenses are better.

I apologize If I misunderstood. I DID read your whole post and it seems to indicate a problem with coordinators and that maybe changing this year so to me thats a slight to BB saying he is a slave to his coordinators and cant run when he wants. To the contrary, weve all seen the film of BB on the sidelines urging his O.C. to "throw it, throw it, throw it, throw it. SO im just saying, to me it didnt really sound like you were sticking up for him.

BB makes up the gameplan. This we know. The coaches await him to come in on tuesday and say "this is how we are gonna attack. Sure things change in game but before the game starts, BB had already made the roadmap and can always detour but he decides BEFORE the game, Ok, this team cant stop the run, we should try to grind it out and things can change in game after that. You are putting everything on the O.C. like Rusty does to give a bill a pass. Thats what I saw and if thats not what you meant, than I rescind it

[/QUOTE]

No, we don't. In fact, I saw Tom Brady suggesting plays in the playbook in the 2009 "BB: A Football Life" when leading up to the game vs Baltimore that year, one I attended.  

So, you're wrong. Brady has full autonmy, helps with gameplanning, as does McDaniels.  McDaniels is the OC. That is his title.  BB does not micromanage.

It's a joint effort.  BB is also not micromanaging the offense during games. Much of the time he is coaching up the D on one knee in front of the bench, so you're wrong, as usual.

Christ, you have to be watched here constantly for spreading lies.

[/QUOTE]

Oh how convenient. DId you just close your glenr account to open up this one after I called him out for being a troll. So as usual not a day goes by that I dont have to school you.

Lets see what what we are dealing with. You want to refer to the 2009 special on BB to say that Brady helps with gameplanning. Meaning he can come offer tidbits of how he wants to run the offense. He doesnt have to impliment it. To me, BB looked very stern while Brady was talking and didnt ever really say YES TOM, its going in. He agreed that it MIGHT work and then lets look at the game shall we. Edleman ended up being the best player for us that game and YOU constantly use it to say Welker is overated but you always FAIL to admit you saw BB on the sidelines telling O'bie to "Throw it BIlly, throw it!!" All throughout the special.  LMAO!  What a fraud

You lose Again...

[/QUOTE]

All throughout the special.  LMAO!  What a fraud

You lose Again...

Just more proof that the reason you're here isn't to discuss football but to play interent tough guy

[/QUOTE]

Please get to a community college and stop making a fool of yourself stanley. Im still waiting for you to start to own thread. If you all you do is add one liners and question peoples opinion why are you here? Isnt that what a troll does?? You are in denial buddy. Also why are you calling me a tough guy when you are following me around, responding to all my posts when I dont seek to engage you? You have nothing to offer here. You are a rusty clone and he just clocked in so your presence here is irrelevent. Is this how you gang up on bullies? Get all your accounts out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Q. Coach, you say "whether you throw it 50 times or run it 50 times. Either one COULD BE GOOD as long as you are acheiving your goal of moving the ball and scoring points and not turning it over". would it be fair to say that if you run it 50 times and do not acheive any of those goals then it didn't work very well?

Q. Well then may we also safely assume that if you threw the ball 50 times and it lead to failing to acheive previous mentioned goals of moving the ball, scoring points amd not turning it over then perhaps that didnt work very well either.

A. NOOOOOOO you idiot!, "run pass ratios have nothing to do with winning or losing the game....whatever happened happened, nothing could ever have been done differently ROOOOOAAAARRRRRRR!

[/QUOTE]

"90 passes, 40 runs ... that was our plan coming in, and obviously it was wrong. It is about getting the ball to a certain player or position a certain number of times. That is what football is about, we just forget it here from time to time, and every time we lose ... that's when we happen to forget it. "

Oh, wait, that part didn't happen! What he DID say was that pass-run ratios are "insignificant" data, and that the amount you run is dictated by how well you are able to move the ball prior to the later portion of the game that puts you in "that situation" where you can run frequently because you have a lead or a manageable down and distance.

He said, "It's not about how many runs or how many passes or how many times we throw the ball to this guy or how many times that guy carries the ball."

He discussed it in the  exact same terms I've been using for years on this forum. It really cannot be said more clearly. There is no double speak ... he USED THE EXACT SAME WORDS I"VE BEEN USING. All I need to do is cut and paste the quote.    If you have an issue with it, you should start openly critiquing Bill Belichick instead of hiding behind sarcasm directed at other board members.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, the voice of reason has spoken. I would have never thought Rusty to be the captain of the Anti-BB ship, but it all makes sense now.

Rusty and his minions. Calling out the best coach Eva just because they A.) love running the ball or B.) Hate Brady

anything to deflect from saying " I dont think BB is a good coach" but thats what they are saying..

[/QUOTE]

It's not even Bill Belichil's fault. This forum is so full of entitled fans; they cannot see the forest for the trees because the only narrative they understand is one where New England goes on an untrammelled run toward a Superbowl victory.

Sometimes you just don't win. There are teams that have never even been to a Superbowl. Winning just one is incredibly difficult and requires scouting, planning, health, execution and luck. 

All of this to talk around the fact that New England was a couple plays short a few times. 

It is sad. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's always been like that here

There are no other good teams

There are no ther good coaches

There are no other good QBs

So every year we should win the SB useless we do something wrong

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not even Bill Belichil's fault. This forum is so full of entitled fans; they cannot see the forest for the trees because the only narrative they understand is one where New England goes on an untrammelled run toward a Superbowl victory.

Sometimes you just don't win. There are teams that have never even been to a Superbowl. Winning just one is incredibly difficult and requires scouting, planning, health, execution and luck. 

All of this to talk around the fact that New England was a couple plays short a few times. 

It is sad. 

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ Anti - BB agenda!

Call the Forum Police!!!

Thats what happend this year. Wozzy you think McDanieals turned a corner this year and personell has nothing to do with it??  Sounds like you dont think BB is too bright.

[/QUOTE]

We turned a corner last year when we went from 15th-25th in the league rushing the ball to 2nd.  

You dont bother reading posts do you, you just read the first sentence and respond otherwise you would see that I am sticking up for Belichick, that I have to stand up for Belichick on this forum only proves what a bunch of entitled ninnies we have here.

[/QUOTE]

N.E was actually 7th in rushing last year but who is counting right. I am talking playoff running as are most posters. Where the Defenses are better.

I apologize If I misunderstood. I DID read your whole post and it seems to indicate a problem with coordinators and that maybe changing this year so to me thats a slight to BB saying he is a slave to his coordinators and cant run when he wants. To the contrary, weve all seen the film of BB on the sidelines urging his O.C. to "throw it, throw it, throw it, throw it. SO im just saying, to me it didnt really sound like you were sticking up for him.

BB makes up the gameplan. This we know. The coaches await him to come in on tuesday and say "this is how we are gonna attack. Sure things change in game but before the game starts, BB had already made the roadmap and can always detour but he decides BEFORE the game, Ok, this team cant stop the run, we should try to grind it out and things can change in game after that. You are putting everything on the O.C. like Rusty does to give a bill a pass. Thats what I saw and if thats not what you meant, than I rescind it

[/QUOTE]

No, we don't. In fact, I saw Tom Brady suggesting plays in the playbook in the 2009 "BB: A Football Life" when leading up to the game vs Baltimore that year, one I attended.  

So, you're wrong. Brady has full autonmy, helps with gameplanning, as does McDaniels.  McDaniels is the OC. That is his title.  BB does not micromanage.

It's a joint effort.  BB is also not micromanaging the offense during games. Much of the time he is coaching up the D on one knee in front of the bench, so you're wrong, as usual.

[/QUOTE]

Oh how convenient. DId you just close your glenr account to open up this one after I called him out for being a troll. So as usual not a day goes by that I dont have to school you.

Lets see what what we are dealing with. You want to refer to the 2009 special on BB to say that Brady helps with gameplanning. Meaning he can come offer tidbits of how he wants to run the offense. He doesnt have to impliment it. To me, BB looked very stern while Brady was talking and didnt ever really say YES TOM, its going in. He agreed that it MIGHT work and then lets look at the game shall we. Edleman ended up being the best player for us that game and YOU constantly use it to say Welker is overated but you always FAIL to admit you saw BB on the sidelines telling O'bie to "Throw it BIlly, throw it!!" All throughout the special.  LMAO!  What a fraud

You lose Again...

[/QUOTE]

Face it, Shizzles, there are many people here who see your antics like I do and call you out on the lies or this assertion you have some kind of analysis correctly analyzed. Ya don't. You usually don't.

I've never said BB does not jump in during the game to over-rule. I said he can't be doing it all the time, undermining the OC.

It is up to the OC and QB to execute the plays and call the plays. BB Is not the OC and doesn't dictate like some Hitler. He clearly takes into account what Brady wants or what the OC thinks. It's not just BB.

Great leaders do that, too, by the way.  

When I see BB taking into account Brady's playbook suggestions, that means BB gives Brady some consideration with plays, the playbook and gameplans.  

DO not lie here.

[/QUOTE]

Its not Overiding you numbskull. Its called , Im BB , and I have 30 years of experience coaching in the NFL, and you Obie just got into the league and Now I am commanding you to throw it.  BB does not care how many times he has to step in and its NOT a superiority thing like you make it out to be. He is the head coach, He is supposed to tell the O.C. which direction to go, He just decides WHICH pass plays to call. and BB will also say, attack the edges and Obie will look at his playchart for calls that attack the edge. This is football 101 eeediot. You can keep imagining IM the problem here but the truth is you have been the one we have been laughing at for years....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Baloney, you dictate what you will do to your opponent in football, not the opposite.

So on 3rd and 9 you would "dictate" a run? Serious question? If Bill Belichik is wrong, and situations do not, in fact, dictate the type of plays you can run, then you should be able to confidently answer "yes." 

[/QUOTE]

Teams do not dictate whether you run or not, maybe whether you use the run to set up the pass or vice versa, but you don't abandon the run completely or go away from the inherent philosphy of your offensive system because of another team.

Who said Belichick was wrong?  BB has said in the recent past he has had to coach up his coaches more than in year's past, he has acknowledged this, it isn't something I am pulling out of midair like the "Brady diva" theory or the "Belichick doesn't listen to his scouts" theory, this has been something he has verbalized to the media as a problem.  

He can't be coaching every aspect of a game in real time, if he is over coaching the defense (more often than not) when his offense is on the field it means he relies on his coordinator to do their job, like any boss he relies on his managers to do their job, some do it better than others.  

Pretending all coordinators are equal belies the fact that some coordinators travel around the league making huge sums of money just to do that and have a reputation as specialists at what they do.  BB can't be everywhere at once, pretending all coaches are the same and it ALL has to do with talent is rendering coaches useless, why don't we just have a computer simulator coach teams instead?

Situations dictate what play you call, some coordinators see and process the situation faster and better than others, IMO McDaniels does it better than Obie.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In responueChamp's comm
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]IDont

't worry, True Champ will straighten him out Wink

[/QUOTE]

I don't pretend to know more then BB, like you, murtl, babe, and tcal. I dont pizz on the guys team building skills while he is nearing the end of the greatest run in professional sp

do think the losses of great coaches,and player personnel, that BB brought with him from the cleveland where he actually developed his system of grading players with ozzie,saban,lafrentz,weiss,RAC,Pioli, and a slew of others has hurt h coaching staff. Hey that is what happens when you build a dynasty. I still think our current staff is good, but RAC was the longest tenured coach in the NFL, you think guys listen to Matt Patricia as much as they did Crennel? Anybody who doesn't agree with that idea, I would love to hear why?

Now, BB as we know, is, and always has been a defensive master mind. Before I get the same b.s over the top responses from the "Clan" like, "youg about offense rah, rah, rah, yes of course BB knows offensive football, but we know the guy who has his super bowl defensive game plan in the hall of fame is a defensive coach andll be. We see it every time the D comes off the field as he is on 1 knee coaching them up in game, while the offense runs itself.

Now, I think McD has made significant gains in restoring some variety in our offense, as we not only had a great passing game like usual, but for the past 2 years we were 9th in rushing. We were a one dimensional offense too often before that and it still rears it's ugly head from time to time.

2010 after trading Moss we adopted the run game and Brady was the only unanimous MVP in league history, relying on the run lead to 4 interceptions for the year. An immobile QB like Tom Brady needs a good running game, and we have always had one of the better O -lines to accomplish that. See 2008 when cassel came in and we were 6th in the league in rushing with lamont freaking jordan and sammy morris toting the rock.

I think BB is the greatest coach and general manager this game has ever seen, but when you lose people close to you, that helped you accomplish the great things you have done, it will have a negative impact on your business. This is true in all facets of life.

I stand by my thoughts that we have still fallen back on the greatest QB in the history of the game to win with his right arm in too many situations that didn't need it. Good post season defense's have slowed us down because of it. We have scored 14, 13, 21, 17, and 13 in our last 5 post season exits.

3 or 4 guys here think it is because BB suddenly forgot how to acquire talent after a 40 year career of scouting and growing up as the son of Navy's great scout Steve Belichick. Others think our defense has sucked despite allowing 17, and 19 points in 2 super bowl losses, 1 person who might have more then 1 personality thinks it is all Brady's fault. I try to remove the variables from the equation, Belichick is still here, I think the losses of great coaches that the greatest coach of all time trusted and relied on throughout his entire head coaching career has been a major factor in tough post season losses.

Individual players didn't show a mental toughness that is usually instilled in you by not only your head coach, but your O.C and position coaches. Yes, I think we should have relied on the run game more, not because we would have run for 6 ypc and scored 4 rushing td's in those games, but because running goes hand in hand with successful passing and prevents a defense from guessing right, and defense's sure have done a lot of that in our last 5 playoff exits.

Anyway, BB knows what he is talking about, as usual, and I don't think anything in what he just said conflicts with my opinion. Some games you have to pass more, some games you have to run more, but ask yourselves this question...How many games do you remember int he past 5 or 6 years, where we should have passed more then we did? Now, how many games do you remember where we should have ran more then we did?

I'm sure prolate won't remember any, because our coaching staff no matter how many hits it takes, is always right, but our GM BB can't even acquire enough talent to win super bowls....only go 12-4 every year. Must be a fine line in how much talent it takes to get you 12-4 but lose on the last 2 minutes of super bowls.

Sorry about the rant...Go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Great post TC.  I bet that felt good!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

This discussion has morphed into a few guys beating their chests in triumph as they proclaim themselves winners of an opinion based debate. Its funny, kind of.

my entire point of view has never been about magical ratios that this team must hit in order to win. This was concocted by either prolate or zbellino somehwere in our 3 year long talk. I felt that until the past 2 seasons we were too predictable on offense.

I defend BB the GM more then most but i am on record as disliking how little value he places on the RB position. We went 2 full seasons with undrafted free agents as our 2 starters. Anyway, it is not only the run game that took a back seat imo, it was screen passes, check downs, utilization of FB's, throwing the ball to 7 or 8 receivers as opposed to 3or 4.( you guys remember...Bradys favorite receiver was "the open one")

These are my opinions. I feel that the very poor showing by our offense in our last 5 playoff exits illustrates my point. 14, 13, 21, 17, and 13 points scored in 5 playoff losses in a row. I think effective use of balance leads to a more efficient offense. sorry if I am an idiot in thinking that .

A few of my detractors will exaggerate my statements into blown out of proportion crap that ive never said like, you think you know more then BB, or you think running x amount of times = a win every time...blah blah. As a fan who has literally not missed 1 single game since 1996 and watched many before that, i stand by my opinion that our offense has been missing something in big games Since 2007.

If you dont like it then dont read my posts. If you disagree, good, but dont fall back on the empty opinion that if our offense was broke BB would fix it, because as we see by our 15.3 points per game scoring average in our last 5 playoff losses, our beloved coach, and general manager, best in Nfl history has not fixed it. So unless you think he was happy with the results, or nothing could have been done differently to change these outcomes then you are 100% dead wrong.

Now put some ice on your chests shizzle, zbellino and prolate. You dont want to bruise up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ Anti - BB agenda!

Call the Forum Police!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You lose Again...

[/QUOTE]

Face it, Shizzles, there are many people here who see your antics like I do and call you out on the lies or this assertion you have some kind of analysis correctly analyzed. Ya don't. You usually don't.

I've never said BB does not jump in during the game to over-rule. I said he can't be doing it all the time, undermining the OC.

It is up to the OC and QB to execute the plays and call the plays. BB Is not the OC and doesn't dictate like some Hitler. He clearly takes into account what Brady wants or what the OC thinks. It's not just BB.

When I see BB taking into account Brady's playbook suggestions, that means BB gives Brady some consideration with plays, the playbook and gameplans.  

DO not lie here.

[/QUOTE]

Its not Overiding you numbskull. Its called , Im BB , and I have 30 years of experience coaching in the NFL, and you Obie just got into the league and Now I am commanding you to throw it.  BB does not care how many times he has to step in and its NOT a superiority thing like you make it out to be. He is the head coach, He is supposed to tell the O.C. which direction to go, He just decides WHICH pass plays to call. and BB will also say, attack the edges and Obie will look at his playchart for calls that attack the edge. This is football 101 eeediot. You can keep imagining IM the problem here but the truth is you have been the one we have been laughing at for years....lol

[/QUOTE]

Not during the game he doesn't. He is not the OC. McDaniels gets paid to be the OC and be a big boy.

Brady also has full autonomy.   I am not going to go over this again.  I

If a QB has full autonomy and BB is busy talking to the D or Patricia while casually looking up at the videoboard as the team drives down the field, there is no way BB is constantly doing what you just said. That means it is the OC and QBs show.  Everyone should know this by now.

Do you really think John Fox is dicating to Peyton Manning? LOL!  Wake up! My god.

BB is infamous for not micromanaging, other than on defense due to his incredible acumen as a defensive coach.

Get over it. You lost. Your little built in defenses of Brady the QB or our OC, will not work.

It's playoff time and it's time to make your money in an easy offensive era.

[/QUOTE]

Pay attention and stop deflecting. Why are you mentioning John Fox?  BB decides the Direction....  Run or pass, long or short and the O.C.. decides which play. If the O.C. is calling a good game, BB doesnt have to say anything but we ALL saw where BB is constantly telling his coordinators which direction to take the offense. Its been PROVEN, so Pipe Down. How can you use some of the special to back up one point but completely IGNORE other parts that dont fit your agenda?? Oh yea, its the internet..

You lose again Pal. Its not MICRO managing as you and Wozzy say. Its called, I AM THE HEAD COACH who GETS 5 MILLION A YEAR and I SAY HOW THE TEAM IS RUN! You guys will blame everybody from Brady to the waterboy to keep from saying what you really should say. BB cant coach and he is the reason we havent won a title in years. O.C. come and go but the offense still looks the same....LMAO!  Keep reaching fellas. Its all on Record!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In

s-comeback/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs?vm=r

Tom Brady didn’t see a snap of  2014, 10:23 AM EST Reuters

While most of the rest of us couldn’t take our eyes off Andrew Luck’s amazing comeback against the Chiefs Saturday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady didn’t really notice.

Brady de of the ball, refusing to get drawn into a battle-of-the-generations quarterback storyline.

“Truthfully, I’m not worried about the opposing quarterback,” Brady told Boston sports radio station WEEI, via Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com. “I’m thinking about the defense and what I need to do to play against them.

“I didn’t watch one snap of Indy’s offense, nor will I this week. I’ll be focused on the defense and what we need to do score points, because that’s what my job is.”

While that priority is reasonable, the challenge of staying upright will be paramount for Brady, with Robert Mathis on the other side. Mathis had 19.5 sacks in the regular season, and has sacked Brady five times in seven games.

“And like I said, it all starts with Robert Mathis and being the defensive player of the year, basically, 19.5 sacks, he kind of wreaks a lot of havoc,” Brady said. “We’ve got to be able to figure out how to slow him down and then we’ve got to be really balanced on offense like we’ve been. We’ve got to run it, and when we throw, we’ve got to throw it good.”

Especially if they have the lead in the fourth quarter, since the guy Brady didn’t watch throws it good then too

[/QUOTE]

This is alll wrong. Prolate says BB doesnt care about balance. Brady is wrong When he says, " we've got to be balanced on offense like we've been."  The outcomes of games have nothing to do with how many times you run or how many times you pass.....it is all just dumb luck. I learned this from my bud Pro!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The whole point of Internet Blogging Sports totally escapes some here....it really does...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

This discussion has morphed into a few guys beating their chests in triumph as they proclaim themselves winners of an opinion based debate. Its funny, kind of.

my entire point of view has never been about magical ratios that this team must hit in order to win. This was concocted by either prolate or zbellino somehwere in our 3 year long talk. I felt that until the past 2 seasons we were too predictable on offense.

I defend BB the GM more then most but i am on record as disliking how little value he places on the RB position. We went 2 full seasons with undrafted free agents as our 2 starters. Anyway, it is not only the run game that took a back seat imo, it was screen passes, check downs, utilization of FB's, throwing the ball to 7 or 8 receivers as opposed to 3or 4.( you guys remember...Bradys favorite receiver was "the open one")

These are my opinions. I feel that the very poor showing by our offense in our last 5 playoff exits illustrates my point. 14, 13, 21, 17, and 13 points scored in 5 playoff losses in a row. I think effective use of balance leads to a more efficient offense. sorry if I am an idiot in thinking that .

A few of my detractors will exaggerate my statements into blown out of proportion crap that ive never said like, you think you know more then BB, or you think running x amount of times = a win every time...blah blah. As a fan who has literally not missed 1 single game since 1996 and watched many before that, i stand by my opinion that our offense has been missing something in big games Since 2007.

If you dont like it then dont read my posts. If you disagree, good, but dont fall back on the empty opinion that if our offense was broke BB would fix it, because as we see by our 15.3 points per game scoring average in our last 5 playoff losses, our beloved coach, and general manager, best in Nfl history has not fixed it. So unless you think he was happy with the results, or nothing could have been done differently to change these outcomes then you are 100% dead wrong.

Now put some ice on your chests shizzle, zbellino and prolate. You dont want to bruise up.

[/QUOTE]

If your point is that the team is unbalanced because the talent has been lacking, then why have you been arguing with me since 2011, when I said they didn't run more because they weren't  built to run more? You've always presented this as a play calling issue, not a talent issue.  In fact, you've mocked me when I've said the play calling simply reflected the talent we had. Now suddenly it's not a matter of calling the run more, it's a matter of how the team was built.   Well, since I've been saying that very same thing for like three years, I guess you've finally come around to agreeing.  All I can say now is cool.  You get it. Talent matters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In responueChamp's comm
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]IDont

[/QUOTE]

I don't pretend to know more then BB, like you, murtl, babe, and tcal. I dont pizz on the guys team building skills while he is nearing the end of the greatest run in professional sp

do think the losses of great coaches,and player personnel, that BB brought with him from the cleveland where he actually developed his system of grading players with ozzie,saban,lafrentz,weiss,RAC,Pioli, and a slew of others has hurt h coaching staff. Hey that is what happens when you build a dynasty. I still think our current staff is good, but RAC was the longest tenured coach in the NFL, you think guys listen to Matt Patricia as much as they did Crennel? Anybody who doesn't agree with that idea, I would love to hear why?

Now, BB as we know, is, and always has been a defensive master mind. Before I get the same b.s over the top responses from the "Clan" like, "youg about offense rah, rah, rah, yes of course BB knows offensive football, but we know the guy who has his super bowl defensive game plan in the hall of fame is a defensive coach andll be. We see it every time the D comes off the field as he is on 1 knee coaching them up in game, while the offense runs itself.

Now, I think McD has made significant gains in restoring some variety in our offense, as we not only had a great passing game like usual, but for the past 2 years we were 9th in rushing. We were a one dimensional offense too often before that and it still rears it's ugly head from time to time.

2010 after trading Moss we adopted the run game and Brady was the only unanimous MVP in league history, relying on the run lead to 4 interceptions for the year. An immobile QB like Tom Brady needs a good running game, and we have always had one of the better O -lines to accomplish that. See 2008 when cassel came in and we were 6th in the league in rushing with lamont freaking jordan and sammy morris toting the rock.

I think BB is the greatest coach and general manager this game has ever seen, but when you lose people close to you, that helped you accomplish the great things you have done, it will have a negative impact on your business. This is true in all facets of life.

I stand by my thoughts that we have still fallen back on the greatest QB in the history of the game to win with his right arm in too many situations that didn't need it. Good post season defense's have slowed us down because of it. We have scored 14, 13, 21, 17, and 13 in our last 5 post season exits.

3 or 4 guys here think it is because BB suddenly forgot how to acquire talent after a 40 year career of scouting and growing up as the son of Navy's great scout Steve Belichick. Others think our defense has sucked despite allowing 17, and 19 points in 2 super bowl losses, 1 person who might have more then 1 personality thinks it is all Brady's fault. I try to remove the variables from the equation, Belichick is still here, I think the losses of great coaches that the greatest coach of all time trusted and relied on throughout his entire head coaching career has been a major factor in tough post season losses.

Individual players didn't show a mental toughness that is usually instilled in you by not only your head coach, but your O.C and position coaches. Yes, I think we should have relied on the run game more, not because we would have run for 6 ypc and scored 4 rushing td's in those games, but because running goes hand in hand with successful passing and prevents a defense from guessing right, and defense's sure have done a lot of that in our last 5 playoff exits.

Anyway, BB knows what he is talking about, as usual, and I don't think anything in what he just said conflicts with my opinion. Some games you have to pass more, some games you have to run more, but ask yourselves this question...How many games do you remember int he past 5 or 6 years, where we should have passed more then we did? Now, how many games do you remember where we should have ran more then we did?

I'm sure prolate won't remember any, because our coaching staff no matter how many hits it takes, is always right, but our GM BB can't even acquire enough talent to win super bowls....only go 12-4 every year. Must be a fine line in how much talent it takes to get you 12-4 but lose on the last 2 minutes of super bowls.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

[/QUOTE]

Why are putting my name in your post?  I havent replied to you nor do I know what this means. Care to elaborate?

I dont have a problem with you because you admitted you dont like the lack of value places on RBs. The truth is he isnt any good at drafting them so he isnt gonna draft one 1st round again and as long as teams keep dumping good RBs, he wont have to. I may not agree but I know WHO to blame if I place it. BB runs the show. You have admitted as much. Thats a start. Now talk to your buddies.,....wozzy and russ

Some things you gotta accept. BB does NOT value the WR or RB position unless you are a hall of famer at that position. Dillon/ Moss.

He isnt very good at drafting DBs. He isnt very good at drafting WRs. Before you bring up this years class of rooks, just remember to do your research. They are in the bottom 3rd of rookie WRs. KT doesnt look as good as after weve saw guys like Keenan Allen and Marlon Brown play all season. Do your research please. They are nice peices but we could have done better (5th round Stills over Boyce) better system fit and he is killing it. Boyce is on I/R after a redshirt season.

He didnt draft a linebacker for 10 years here. He likes and prefers Vets at that position but has been recently forced to go with the draft with some success. Mayo, Hightower?? not yet

He is seemingly GREAT at knowing how to find talent at the QB position and even better at developing them Brady  (Cassel, Hoyer, Mallet)

He is very good at taking numbers and making sense out of them and creating a formula for success. Sometimes he sticks to these formulas to the detriment of the team

BB is not perfect but his coaching in game as well as having the best QB in the league is a masking device for the recent bad free agent signings(fanene, Ocho, Albert,etc and missed draft picks(Butler, wheatley, wilhite, ras i, Chad Jackson, T.Price, B.tate)

BB is gonna do what BB wants to do. He is the definiton of someone doing it HIS way yet you all want to put ALL the success at the Feet of BB and all his failures at the feet of O.C's, QBs',etc who dont make the gameplan, but are relied on to execute BBs master plan. Unless someeone wants to disprove this by showing us film of BB saying He lets the O.C. run the show and has no say, you alices need to pipe down. He has done nothing but say "IF any call doesnt go right, its ultimately on ME" Directo Quote. but you all continue to put words and thoughts into the mans head.

WOW......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In

While most of the rest of us couldn’t take our eyes off Andrew Luck’s amazing comeback against the Chiefs Saturday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady didn’t really notice.

Brady de of the ball, refusing to get drawn into a battle-of-the-generations quarterback storyline.

“Truthfully, I’m not worried about the opposing quarterback,” Brady told Boston sports radio station WEEI, via Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com. “I’m thinking about the defense and what I need to do to play against them.

“I didn’t watch one snap of Indy’s offense, nor will I this week. I’ll be focused on the defense and what we need to do score points, because that’s what my job is.”

While that priority is reasonable, the challenge of staying upright will be paramount for Brady, with Robert Mathis on the other side. Mathis had 19.5 sacks in the regular season, and has sacked Brady five times in seven games.

“And like I said, it all starts with Robert Mathis and being the defensive player of the year, basically, 19.5 sacks, he kind of wreaks a lot of havoc,” Brady said. “We’ve got to be able to figure out how to slow him down and then we’ve got to be really balanced on offense like we’ve been. We’ve got to run it, and when we throw, we’ve got to throw it good.”

Especially if they have the lead in the fourth quarter, since the guy Brady didn’t watch throws it good then too

This is alll wrong. Prolate says BB doesnt care about balance. Brady is wrong When he says, " we've got to be balanced on offense like we've been."  The outcomes of games have nothing to do with how many times you run or how many times you pass.....it is all just dumb luck. I learned this from my bud Pro!

[/QUOTE]

So champ, you think BB the master of giving nothing is gonna come up here with brady and tell their opponents how balanced they wanna be and then go be balanced??

Nice try but you arent that naiive. I would rather take the results than some hot air being given to a reporter. How does the saying go.... "Actions speak louder than words"

What good is it to say we are gonna be balanced if the game dictates after the start that we need to pass??  Truth is BB and Brady give nothing. Now I actually think they WILL run more this postseason but I have to see it and its due to Blount being here. Not McD suddenly waking up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

[/QUOTE]

If your point is that the team is unbalanced because the talent has been lacking, then why have you been arguing with me since 2011, when I said they didn't run more because they weren't  built to run more? You've always presented this as a play calling issue, not a talent issue.  In fact, you've mocked me when I've said the play calling simply reflected the talent we had. Now suddenly it's not a matter of calling the run more, it's a matter of how the team was built.   Well, since I've been saying that very same thing for like three years, I guess you've finally come around to agreeing.  All I can say now is cool.  You get it. Talent matters.

[/QUOTE]

DONE!  Thank You. Blount > Benny! That and the fact we have like NO WRs or TEs is the only reason its gonna change THIS year IF it does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In

[/QUOTE]

You're distorting what I said.  BB certainly understands the value of being able to run well and pass well and of mixing up plays appropriately given talent match-ups, schemes, and situation.  Balance is usually good because it means everything is clicking. But balance isn't an end in itself. In fact it's better described as a result of being effective in both the run and pass games and of being in situations where both types of plays are effective at gaining yardage, first downs, and most impotant scoring opportunities.  But, as Bill Belichick said, the goal is moving the ball and scoring.  Balance is not in itself a goal.  It's the result of effective running and passing, not the cause.

Of course, you want a level of diversity and unpredictability in your plays, which means you want to mix things up and never completely abandon run or pass.  But the Pats have never abandoned the run. They've always run between 40% and 50% of the time over a season and even in most individual games, unless situations have dictated more passing (or occasionally more running). They are not idiots.  Most of what you see in terms of pass-run ratios is the outcome of how two teams match up and the situations that arise in the game. It's not something predetermined in the game plan or a target specifically aimed at during the game by the offensive coordinator.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In responueChamp's comm
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]IDont

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm curious. What do you get if you claim you won an argument or 'spanked' somebody? Does the Globe send you a prize? i hope it's not a free subsciption. Not much of a prize

If you dont like it then dont read my posts. If you disagree, good, but dont fall back on the empty opinion that if our offense was broke BB would fix it, because as we see by our 15.3 points per game scoring average in our last 5 playoff losses, our beloved coach, and general manager, best in Nfl history has not fixed it. So unless you think he was happy with the results, or nothing could have been done differently to change these outcomes then you are 100% dead wrong."

How about the ignored little fact that there actually are other good teams, QBs and coaches in the league. Sometimes they just plain play better or have the personel and plan to shut down our offense. Then there are just the unforeseen injuries at the perfect wrong time. Brady's ankle in 2008. Faulk's leg injury at the beginning of the game. Gronk's arm the second time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^ Anti - BB agenda!

Call the Forum Police!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You lose Again...

[/QUOTE]

DO not lie here.

[/QUOTE]

'DO not lie here?' Is this a Catholic Confessional?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The whole point of Internet Blogging Sports totally escapes some here....it really does...

[/QUOTE]

Bloggers...people whose egos are so big they think others should pay attention to what they think

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because it never was a talent issue. Do I wish we had better running backs then benny amd woody as our 1 2? Yes, but thay doesnt mean they sucked. Benny had a 1,000 yards and 13 tds splitting time. Our offensive line is now and always has been one of the best in the league due to having a 7x super bowl o line coach.

2008 brady goes down amd we are 6th in the league in rushing with lamont jordan and sammy morris. What do you think of that prolate?

2010 we ship out moss to put an end to our 1 dimensional offense and we had a great rushing offense with bjge and wood leading the way, 9th in the league in rushing and 2nd in rushing tds. What do you think about that prolate?  

Last year mcdaniels comes back, and we were 7th in rushing, 2nd in attempts and 1st in rushing tds. 3 different yesrs, 3 different running back cores with different talent...same results. If we want to, we will . we've proven it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In

[/QUOTE]

You're distorting what I said.  BB certainly understands the value of being able to run well and pass well and of mixing up plays appropriately given talent match-ups, schemes, and situation.  Balance is usually good because it means everything is clicking. But balance isn't an end in itself. In fact it's better described as a result of being effective in both the run and pass games and of being in situations where both types of plays are effective at gaining yardage, first downs, and most impotant scoring opportunities.  But, as Bill Belichick said, the goal is moving the ball and scoring.  Balance is not in itself a goal.  It's the result of effective running and passing, not the cause.

Of course, you want a level of diversity and unpredictability in your plays, which means you want to mix things up and never completely abandon run or pass.  But the Pats have never abandoned the run. They've always run between 40% and 50% of the time over a season and even in most individual games, unless situations have dictated more passing (or occasionally more running). They are not idiots.  Most of what you see in terms of pass-run ratios is the outcome of how two teams match up and the situations that arise in the game. It's not something predetermined in the game plan or a target specifically aimed at during the game by the offensive coordinator.

[/QUOTE]

It is a result of your tendencies. We tend to rely more on our QB when the game is close, we've scored 15.5 ppg in 5 playoff exits with that tendency. How's it working out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[[/QUOTE]

Thanks morerings. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DONE!  Thank You. Blount > Benny! That and the fact we have like NO WRs or TEs is the only reason its gonna change THIS year IF it does.

[/QUOTE]

What? How about ridley last year? Or benny in 2010, or jordan, morris and faulk getting is to 6th in rushing in 2008? Amd you would think te's would advocate a case for running as they are integral to a run game. Did you grab an ice bag yet? Your chest is bruising.