Belichick on Tim Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Belichick on Tim Tebow

“Great career, great player,” Belichick said. “I think it’s obvious that within the last six weeks, that he’s worked on his mechanics and they’ve improved, which is a credit to him. He’s very coachable and he works very hard. I’m sure that whatever he feels he needs to do, he’ll work very hard at, whatever that is. Athletically, he tested very well at the combine, which you can see on the field.”

Asked if Tebow might be able to play another position, Belichick said: “My sense of Tim Tebow is that if you asked him to play nose, he’d play nose. I think he’s that kind of kid. Whatever you ask him to do, I think he’d do.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Belichick on Tim Tebow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Funny stuff, tcal.

This is either a giant smokescreen and a stunt to hype his value even more for other teams. Who knows whether Meyer talked Belichick into this who's his good buddy.

Or, the guy really is sold on Tebow the person and the character.

Either way, it's going to make for an interesting story to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Belichick also was talking up Mewelde Moore a few years back, but they never drafted him. You never heard about Belichick's man-love for Mayo or Seymour until after the draft, so I would guess that if Belichick really liked a guy he wouldn't be drooling over him pre-combine. 

With how incredibly critical BB is about the linebacker position, I find it so hard to believe that he'll relax constraints for a QB. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

yeah, I mean, if you know you aren't going to draft him, no harm in talking up a kid who you may like( getting him drafted in front of you, etc.), esp. because it can never hurt if he does end up doing well and he thinks you were always glowing about him or if his drafting gets another guy to slip.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Man, So funny...I was just thinking last night that the only way I could be more complete, would be IF there was a 4th Tebow thread.  I know, I know, don't read it- But honestly, some of you guys are pretty dead set on this whole gettin' a s#cky QB over a #2 wideout, or Right offensive tackle, huh?

And tcal, Is that dude pointin' at me, because whoever he is I'll fight 'im right now if he thinks he can just start up with people. 

(sorry God, you too Jeez)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

This whole Tebow hype machine reminds me of another guy continuously hyped prior to the draft, and his name was Brian Bosworth.  A two-time all-America linebacker at Oklahoma, the Boz was called one of the greatest college players of all time and like Tebow he was known for being outspoken about his beliefs (not religious in his case).  I've watched the draft for years and the level of hype surrounding Tebow is remarkable, probably Boz-like if not greater.       

If Tebow's there in the 4th-6th round, I take him in a heartbeat, especially if I have multiple picks.  But as a high draft pick, there are red flags all over it.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Hoping Belichick is talking him up so another team (Buffalo?) wastes a #1 on Tebow, who will be playing in the Canadian League two years from now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Total smokescreen.  Belichick would never gush over a player like this if he was serious about drafting him.  The fact is BB and the Pats front office are very high on Hoyer.  How else do you explain the decision keep Hoyer over a guy you drafted in the 3rd round the year before(O'Connell), and another veteran you brought into camp to compete for the back-up QB job(Walter). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

We won't use a 2 on TT & we don't have a 3. My guess is he'll be gone by round 4. If he's not, welcome to NE baby! 2 years he'll need to learn the O & his craft....Then he'll be ready. Until then maybe he'll be a short down yardage QB & a goaline guy....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Belichick with his mind games reminds me of a scene from the "princess bride"

Men in Black played by BB
    Vizzini played by fans/media/other teams
    and I quote:

"Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
    Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
    Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
    Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
    Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
    Man in Black: Australia.
    Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
    Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
    Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."