Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he?

Just read a great exclusive interview with Belichick by yahoo sports, where among other things he shares this insight on his trade philosophy: 

Each guy’s price is different. If a team asks, you see what the price is. Now, is Jerod Mayo(notes) available? No, not really. But there are certain players who are young that have a certain number of years left on their contract that you want on your team, so you’re really not going to trade them. Those guys are realistically not available, no. But is everybody else available for a certain price on every team? I would say, for the most part, they probably are. Who’s willing to give that? What you want and what someone else is willing to give, that’s usually very different. In this case (the Seymour trade – in return, the Patriots get Oakland’s first-round pick in the 2011 draft), it worked.

Bel is too calculating to not know that by blatantly and unnecessarily including Mayo but not Brady that many fans and others out there would wisely pick up not-so-subtle omen! In MY interpretation, hoyer is in that mayo category due to his age and contract, and is a cinch-keeper as are guys like guyton, pryor, ingram and vellmor. however, due to his age, contract situation, and recent injury woes, i do believe belichick has already reviewed that brady trade scenario for this offseason and has already made his peace with it. If i am a san francisco, washington or oakland, i am coming with some serious offers, knowing that belichick will be listening as he is simultaneously negotiating and playing the PR asss-saving game with tom. I could easily see an unfortunate situation where bel has to seymour brady and not take the risks of franchising him or getting nothing in return, esp with the present CBA impasse and doom looming!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?

In Response to Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?:
    [QUOTE]Just read a great feature on Belichick by yahoo sports where among other things he shares this paragraph on his trade philosophy:  Each guy’s price is different. If a team asks, you see what the price is. Now, is  Jerod Mayo (notes)  available? No, not really. But there are certain players who are young that have a certain number of years left on their contract that you want on your team, so you’re really not going to trade them. Those guys are realistically not available, no. But is everybody else available for a certain price on every team? I would say, for the most part, they probably are. Who’s willing to give that? What you want and what someone else is willing to give, that’s usually very different. In this case (the Seymour trade – in return, the Patriots get Oakland’s first-round pick in the 2011 draft), it worked. Bel is too calculating to not know that by blatantly and unnecessarily including Mayo but not Brady that fans and others out there would wisely pick it up as subtle omen! In my interpretation, hoyer is in that mayo category due to his age and contract, and is a cinch-keeper as are guys like guyton, pryor, ingram and vellmor. however, due to his age, contract situation, and recent injury woes, i do believe belichick has already reviewed that brady trade scenario for this offseason and has already made his peace with it. If i am a san francisco or oakland, i am coming with some offers, knowing that belichick will be listening as he is simultaneously negotiating and playing the PR asss-saving game with tom. I could easily see an unfortunate situation where bel has to seymour brady and not take the risk of franchising him or getting nothing in return, esp with the present CBA impasse and doom looming!  
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Does anybody realisticly think that the Patriots organization would consider trading Tom Brady?  No way, not now, not ever.  Brady will be a Patriot his entire career and go into the Hall of Fame as a New England Patriot, the best player the organization has ever had.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Imiss being able to ignore threads

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Dear God, you again.

Are you functionally slow? (This question does not need an answer from you.)

First, post the entire article.  

Second, he mentions Mayo because Mayo is in his rookie contract which, if the player pans out, generally favors the organization in terms of value received (little money, lots of return). He states this about everyone in their rookie contract. Of course, this is the reason he does not mention Brady specifically as Brady is not in his rookie contract. 

Third, he did not say he was open to trading Brady as you state. (I am not sure how you could conclude when you just got through mentioning he didn't mention Brady, but then again, you are a dope.) He even says in the article that when building around a core group (Brady being one of them) that you don't trade those players. He is just saying that every player has a price that ostensiby would make a good trade.

Please please please stop killing gypsies, man. You don't have sufficient intelligence to overcome their curse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Do you think maybe, possibly, sort of, kind of, there's a remote chance that you sometimes really reach on your questions just for the excitement of starting a thread?  Not saying you do, but is there a chance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?:
    [QUOTE]Do you think maybe, possibly, sort of, kind of, there's a remote chance that you sometimes really reach on your questions just for the excitement of starting a thread?  Not saying you do, but is there a chance?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

This is one theory. Mine is that he is just an idiot. But yours is nicer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Do you think maybe, possibly, sort of, kind of, there's a remote chance that you sometimes really reach on your questions just for the excitement of starting a thread?  Not saying you do, but is there a chance?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]NO! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Dear God, you again. Are you functionally slow? (This question does not need an answer from you.) First, post the entire article.   Second, he mentions Mayo because Mayo is in his rookie contract which, if the player pans out, generally favors the organization in terms of value received (little money, lots of return). He states this about everyone in their rookie contract. Of course, this is the reason he does not mention Brady specifically as Brady is not in his rookie contract.  Third, he did not say he was open to trading Brady as you state. (I am not sure how you could conclude when you just got through mentioning he didn't mention Brady, but then again, you are a dope.) He even says in the article that when building around a core group (Brady being one of them) that you don't trade those players. He is just saying that every player has a price that ostensiby would make a good trade. Please please please stop killing gypsies, man. You don't have sufficient intelligence to overcome their curse.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]where did he say he saw brady as part of that "core"? you know what they say about those who live in glass houses....
     plus, bel cant be too happy when he factors in the gissy and suit-warmup issues too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : NO! 

Translation: I don't know what your words mean so I will just hope that saying "No" is an actually response to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : where did he say he saw brady as part of that "core"? you know what they say about those who live in glass houses....  plus, bel cant be too happy when he factors in the gissy and suit-warmup issues too!

Oh, no. Before we go any further, you have to admit to your dishonesty. 

So, where did Belichick say he would trade Brady?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Do not listen to this troll, it is merely Leon, Togah, or who(or what)ever he/she is posing as this time! Trolls probably have wet dreams about Brady being traded...that's the only way their sorry teams could possibly have a chance! Do not give this inbred fool the attention he is looking for! It's Saturday night and he is lonely. Mama is out at the truck stop trying to earn 20 bucks as usual (she can generally do this by doing four truck drivers)! This fool should be the poster boy for abortion rights! He's a perfect example of why incest is illegal in 48 states!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Does anyone know where the 1 yes vote came from in the poll?
     I'm going to have to go easy on this guy because there are obviously emotional problems here. Many times when kids get beat  up there whole life on the playground for their lunch money there is post traumatic stress disorder and they spend the rest of their lives looking for attention.
    It's okay man..They can trade Brady if you want them to..Just don't hurt yourself or anybody else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know where the 1 yes vote came from in the poll?  I'm going to have to go easy on this guy because there are obviously emotional problems here. Many times when kids get beat  up there whole life on the playground for their lunch money there is post traumatic stress disorder and they spend the rest of their lives looking for attention. It's okay man..They can trade Brady if you want them to..Just don't hurt yourself or anybody else.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Aw, man. You are almost making me feel bad for responding to him. Almost. If I had feelings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Me neither..I don't even know what the @#$% he's talking about with the suit warmup thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Is that you Michael Felger?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

choircontrarian... the name fits.

You got your wish by posting this "controversial" trade Brady bait. You are entitled to your opinion and interpretation, but, be realistic.  It wouldn't surprise me that BB does think many, most, players on a team could be traded, but, within that many, most category there will most likely be the untouchables.  Brady, 99 and 44/100 % purely is not in the "tradable" category.  BB would never even entertain answering such a question.  As for you, choir, you did entertain the thought, hence the one LONE vote BB would just to stoke the fire!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know where the 1 yes vote came from in the poll? 
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    Not me this time, but if someone posts a truly brainless poll question I am so tempted to choose the DOH answer.  A fool's choice deserves a response from any self-respecting fool.  For example, someone asked if Tom Brady would lead the team in interceptions from Henne.  What else could I do?  My hand moved on its own will to the mouse and the cursor struggled like a seance pointer to the Tom Brady choice.

Now to answer the question:  BB won't have a great backup QB for quite a while, Brady is signed for a while, and Brady is currently delivering great value for what he gets.  In return, BB is setting Brady up with a pass-protecting OL (and not a run-blocking steamroller OL), running backs that can block and catch passes, a couple of excellent WRs, everything a friendly star QB working slightly on the cheap could possibly want.  The reporter brought up the question, not BB. 

If Brady was a wife-beater or a heroin addict he might get traded.  Someday after a bad injury turns chronic he might possibly be traded.  So the answer isn't a cold no, it's just no beyond a reasonable doubt, at least for next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

This isn't as dumb a topic as some are saying. With that said, Brady's not going anywhere.

I don't have as much trouble with the concept of Brady being tradeable as I do with the idea that Hoyer is the guy who will replace him. Surprised Brady's idol, Joe Montana, was traded, but that was because there was a hall of fame quarterback behind him. 

Everyone has a price, but no one in their right mind would give up what Belichick would be asking: Brady for a team's entire draft board for three years. Throw a solid defensive player in there and you can have one of those draft board back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwell4. Show greenwell4's posts

Thanks for the post. The article would have been nice, but I still found it interesting. One trait that  makes BB great IMO, is he will make the hard choices without emotional attachment, even though I think he cares deeply for his players. Players respect that, and I think BB has changed a lot of lives for the better, while still making the hard but right decisions. Us humans seem to respond positivly when someone cares for our well being. 20 something athletes need that it seems.     
         BB didn't have to tour jails mentoring with jim Brown, someone with "no feelings" probably wouldn't do this as he doesn't gain anything from it. He never mentions it, but does it anyway. I think BB does this with players helping them outside of the public eye and not making a big deal about it.  
         I don't understand the level of anger directed to the guy who took out the time to post the story. If you were both on the pats as long snappers with similar skill BB would cut epoch (just a hunch). IMO.  If I was a writer I would be fired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KA1RM. Show KA1RM's posts

Every player is theoretically available but the price for Brady would realistically be too high for virtually any team. If, however, Tom wants to play in his old backyard at SF then I think you have to let him go and cut the best deal possible. Maybe 2-3 top draft picks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Hmmm.... Pats could trade Brady... but I think the NFL would have to change around rules and salary caps because the only way it happens is if New England gets every other teams #1 picks for the next 5 to 10 years.

Seriously....   NEXT TOPIC!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Imiss being able to ignore threads
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]yep yep, go bak to your soft kool aid CHOIR, school girl pom poms, MSNBC or FOX news... that way you never have to actually think outside of your passions and sentiments with any objectivity, independence or facts. it is true because you feel it and will it so. or because your "leaders" and comrades tell you so! 

it is called a discussion board so we discuss. almost 15 percent seem to agree with this direction and point of view at this time, much higher than some of you debative stalinists and fascists would have presumed i'm sure! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Every player is theoretically available but the price for Brady would realistically be too high for virtually any team. If, however, Tom wants to play in his old backyard at SF then I think you have to let him go and cut the best deal possible. Maybe 2-3 top draft picks.
    Posted by KA1RM[/QUOTE]voila! just logical isn't it? i want brady to stay too but u never know what happens behind closed doors when real wishes, bullets and numbers start being dropped. if brady wants to be the highest paid qb or even in the top 3 and bel can get a hershel walker or ricky williams type deal, y the heck should he not consider it? that would be negligence and malfeasance on his part!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]  Thanks for the post. The article would have been nice, but I still found it interesting. One trait that  makes BB great IMO, is he will make the hard choices without emotional attachment, even though I think he cares deeply for his players. Players respect that, and I think BB has changed a lot of lives for the better, while still making the hard but right decisions. Us humans seem to respond positivly when someone cares for our well being. 20 something athletes need that it seems.           BB didn't have to tour jails mentoring with jim Brown, someone with "no feelings" probably wouldn't do this as he doesn't gain anything from it. He never mentions it, but does it anyway. I think BB does this with players helping them outside of the public eye and not making a big deal about it.        I don't understand the level of anger directed to the guy who took out the time to post the story. If you were both on the pats as long snappers with similar skill BB would cut epoch (just a hunch). IMO.  If I was a writer I would be fired.
    Posted by greenwell4[/QUOTE]
    well thanks for your kind and logical words too. the link to the full article is actually at the bottom of the thread introduction. its kind of ironically funny how bel and dungy have sort of morphed into the same type of personality without most noticing it. they are both socially compassionate, left-leaning egalitarian DEMOCRATS who aim to do things beyond themselves and their own privileged narrow interests in making a global and national difference for mankind/humanity!

i particularly liked this part from the article:

I see my kids play and that stuff, but that’s a whole different involvement. It’s more emotional than my involvement with this team, as screwed up as that sounds.

this is a guy who really now gets it as a HUMAN BEING, way beyond the exclusive box of just being a NFL head coach. his job is first and foremost a business with a lot of calculated emotions, as it should be. when he most likely has to walk away from wilfork, steven neal, james sanders, leigh bodden and mankins after this year, you do not want him overly involved invested emotionally to the point he cant pull the necessary rational trigger; like red auerbach with the old big 3 or jerry jones and the oldsters after the cowboy dynasty. as fans/fanatics, it is always good that we have a much deeper emotional investment than a bel! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]This isn't as dumb a topic as some are saying. With that said, Brady's not going anywhere. I don't have as much trouble with the concept of Brady being tradeable as I do with the idea that Hoyer is the guy who will replace him.   Brady's idol, Joe Montana, was traded, but that was because there was a hall of fame quarterback behind him.  Everyone has a price, but no one in their right mind would give up what Belichick would be asking: Brady for a team's entire draft board for three years. Throw a solid defensive player in there and you can have one of those draft board back. 
    Posted by thetrinity12[/QUOTE]brady was once a hoyer too! if we trade brady, there's a chance that we could land a winner like tim tebow or sam bradford as they fall down the draft board. bel made clear in that article that more than most his overriding criteria for qbs are that they have good judgment and ACCURACY. no need for a gun, height and all that other stuff. u can work around those and coach them up. josh mcdaniels is winning with freakin kyle orton in BB's system. BB coached up and went to bat for matt cassell. he is ultimately more responsible for brady's success than brady is for his! he could make another brady... less guarantee that brady could be brady without BB.... ask parcells how not having BB around has worked out for his ring fingers? if brady forgets this hierarchal standard and subordinate place in it during negotiations, he will likely be a GONER!