Belichick picks 'the Snow Game" as his most memorable comeback

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Belichick picks 'the Snow Game" as his most memorable comeback

In his weekly interview with Salk and Holley, Belichick was asked what his most memorable/favorite comback was that he was a part of. He said "probably the Snow Game..."

I found it pretty rare and interesting. It was a seldom 'human' moment from Belichick, the fact that he, himself, refers to it as the "Snow Game" is pretty cool to me. That game was amazing. Ty Law. Jermaine Wiggine. And Adam Vinatieri x2. The single greatest kick in NFL history.

At any rate...again, I just thought it interesting and note-worthy that he didn't use a robotic answer, or some generality. I always enjoy any real opinions or thoughts he has to offer, which he doesn't often do in public.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Belichick picks 'the Snow Game

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In his weekly interview with Salk and Holley, Belichick was asked what his most memorable/favorite comback was that he was a part of. He said "probably the Snow Game..."

I found it pretty rare and interesting. It was a seldom 'human' moment from Belichick, the fact that he, himself, refers to it as the "Snow Game" is pretty cool to me. That game was amazing. Ty Law. Jermaine Wiggine. And Adam Vinatieri x2. The single greatest kick in NFL history.

At any rate...again, I just thought it interesting and note-worthy that he didn't use a robotic answer, or some generality. I always enjoy any real opinions or thoughts he has to offer, which he doesn't often do in public.

[/QUOTE]

great answer, great game. course he picked it. it was the start of his reign

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Underrated choice:

2002 @ Chicago at the University of Illinois-Champaign Stadium.  Patten taps the two feet in bounds in the back of the end zone.

Had no business winning that game. Down by 21 in the 3rd on the road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bxFyV7gNS0

[/QUOTE]

another good call, problem is that season had few good memories besides that game.. last years San Fran game would've been the best i've seen but they choked in the end

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Buffalo opener a few years back was pretty good, two TDs to Watson in the last couple of minutes. Brady's comeback game post-ACL as I recall?

Chargers in '06 playoffs, dancing on the logo, sweet win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

It's funny reading the box scores from back then. This game seemed like it was not that long ago. I remember by buddy jumped up and ripped the cord to the fan off the fan by accident in one fell swoop in excitement.  lmao

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221110003

[/QUOTE]

speaking of breaking things from games.... after the TD pass to KT yesterday i hit the wall and my thremostat straight up fell off the wall somehow. f that. i need a punching bag for games....

i get too excited

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buffalo opener a few years back was pretty good, two TDs to Watson in the last couple of minutes. Brady's comeback game post-ACL as I recall?

Chargers in '06 playoffs, dancing on the logo, sweet win.

[/QUOTE]

that Bills game was wild. Chargers for sure trumps it though. how about the Ravens game 2007 Jabar Gaffeny MNF tht deserves an honorable mention

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Snow game was my favorite as well

Both Super Bow comes from behinds were closer to choke's than miracles;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

Underrated choice:

2002 @ Chicago at the University of Illinois-Champaign Stadium.  Patten taps the two feet in bounds in the back of the end zone.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, please make a new thread with this video.. it deserves the exposure.  That was absolutely awesome.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

How about the intentional Safety game in Denver...?  That one was unbelievable....  I think that was the most obvious attempted fix in history the refs called that game 16 penalties...  14 on Pats , 2 on Broncos.  But Brady pulled it out.  Amazing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I, too, thought that was a rare human moment for BB.  I listened to that interview yesterday while at work.  I thought BB sounded like he was coming down with a major cold.  He certainly sounded rather listless - even for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

ahhh, the snow game.  One of my favorites Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from waynecram. Show waynecram's posts

the only thing (not including Snow Game) that comes close to me is the come from behind overtime win against the Vikings in '94.  Crazy home game and people were losing their minds in a similar fashion.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-14/sports/sp-62566_1_drew-bledsoe

"But Bledsoe did much better in the second half, completing 37 of 53 passes for 354 yards, as the Patriots switched to a no-huddle offense for almost the entire half.

The Vikings, who were tied for third in the NFL with 27 sacks, didn't get to Bledsoe once.

He broke NFL records of 68 passes by Houston's George Blanda on Nov. 1, 1964, and 42 completions by the New York Jets' Richard Todd on Sept. 21, 1980.

At halftime, the Patriots were trailing, 20-3, and had gone 10 quarters without a touchdown.

Minnesota still led, 20-10, with less than three minutes to play in the fourth quarter.

Then Bledsoe passed five yards to Leroy Thompson for a touchdown with 2:21 to play. The Vikings couldn't get a first down on their next series, and Bledsoe led the Patriots from their 39-yard line to Matt Bahr's tying 23-yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Underrated choice:

[/QUOTE]

Russ, please make a new thread with this video.. it deserves the exposure.  That was absolutely awesome.  

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Awesome. Announcers were goin nuts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The snow game is my fav as well because it launched a dynasty..but close second for me is that playoff game in San Diego where Troy brown strips the sd defender after the interception and we go ahead and win on the road.