Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching the Seahawks play is a remarkable thing. 

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

Pete carroll is not the gm.  He never wanted wilson.  That is a fact.  Almost all of seattle's pass rushers were not drafted.

Our last two sb d's allowed 10 and 13 points all game.

Brady sucks as does manning in the pansy shotgun spread.

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay on topic man. Do you HAVE to take a shot at Brady at every chance? What a fraud...I can tell you are gonna be someones B*tch today. Im just gonna sit back and watch and laugh....   

I dont have time for your lies and deflection today. Eat up Buddy!  BB been building this D for 8 years and Carrol comes in and has a great D in 2 years....LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

Pete carroll is not the gm.  He never wanted wilson.  That is a fact.  Almost all of seattle's pass rushers were not drafted.

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay on topic man. Do you HAVE to take a shot at Brady at every chance? What a fraud...I can tell you are gonna be someones B*tch today. Im just gonna sit back and watch and laugh....   

I dont have time for your lies and deflection today. Eat up Buddy!  BB been building this D for 8 years and Carrol comes in and has a great D in 2 years....LOL

[/QUOTE]

He actually did it in 4 yrs not 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT

Source: Greg Bedard

John Schneider is their GM, moron.

MORON

Learn the facts. Those players were not drafted by Pete Carroll.

[/QUOTE]

Here you go with the hate. All you have to do is look at the size of the CBs and see Carrolls prints all over it. He has always liked BIG CBs. You said you would eat crow if Carroll won so gets to grubbing and stop yapping. Youve done THAT all year. Its time to EAT loser.

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb?  I just won my bet with wazzu. I knew the hype over denver's offense like ours is very easy to stop if you are healthy.  Seattle was healthy.  Big whoop. Carroll did not want wilson.  He is a dopey frontrunner who cheated at usc.  I am thrilled the nfc team beat denver. Thrilled!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you  are unraveling already....WHY are mentioning ALL over the board that Petey didnt want Wilson?? Who cares?? You sound desperate like a lil teenage girl....lol, Its embarrasing, Please stop.   I only care that Carrol WANTED SHerman, KAm, Browner,etc. THATS the reason for their success. IN a few years, they will have to pay Wilson and the D will start to crumble but for NOW, they are set up to be the next Dynasty. Im just giving props where I see fit. You are a hater and will NEVER give another team props. Scr*ew your bet, whats it got to do with YOU saying Carroll will never win?? You said last week you would eat crow but this sounds like more backpeddling and deflection in a girly fashion.   Pathetic man...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most disrespectful thing I've ever read.

[/QUOTE]

Do you even realize that Belichick has not drafted an elite  WR, SS, FS, CB, Pass Rusher in 10 years?

Think about how hard that is to accomplish. Even if someone was drafting random players and knew nothing about football, I bet they would at least get lucky on one of those positions. 

That is why he got desperate in 2012 and went after Talib.  You see what this defense is without a decent CB. We have not had elite safety since Harrison. Where is the pass rush?  Patriots D did not put a finger on Manning all game! Don't get me started about the Patriots WR's. It is bottom 5 NFL group in terms of skill and talent. 

The Seahawks Defense made more plays against the best offense of all time than the Patriots Defense  has done in the past 5 playoffs combined. 

...........but I get people here will be cheering on BB in the draft when he once again goes after "value" and drafts another bunch of useles players like Tavon Wilson Dowling and brings in more useless over the hill veterans like Adrian Wilson 

[/QUOTE]

How's BB's drafting record in comparison to the rest of the league, particularly those who are always drafting at the back end of the draft?  Any thoughts on that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carroll does not do the drafting.  John Schneider is Seattle's GM and does the drafting.  In point of fact if you were actually watching the game yesterday Schneider was getting multiple kudos from Buck and Aikman on the drafting job that he did.

Now with respect to BB, it really is rather tiresome to read in this forum what a terrible job he's done in the draft.  My question for anyone and everyong dumping on BB for his drafting:

compared to?????  Absent context you haven't the remotest clue how well BB does in the draft.  And please, don't cherry pick players who haven't cut it; every team has those.  Post some coomparisons to other teams. And don't cherry pick.  Would you characterize Ted Williams as a terrible hitter in 1941 because he only got a hit in 40.6% of his at bats? 

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Exquisite, I mean truly exquisite, cherry pick.  Actually one of the most classic I've seen.  Any other pearls to offer?

[/QUOTE]

The list of bad picks is as long as your arm. No need to cherry pick.

[/QUOTE]

And, Babe, my friend, how does that compare with the rest of the league (he reiterated)?  You young guys, no sense of context ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr. Geezer,

It is the typical mediocrity seen in the rest of the league. The exceptional GM work is reserved to only a few, and that changes year to year.

Yours Truly,

Mr. Wippersnapper

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carroll does not do the drafting.  John Schneider is Seattle's GM and does the drafting.  In point of fact if you were actually watching the game yesterday Schneider was getting multiple kudos from Buck and Aikman on the drafting job that he did.

Now with respect to BB, it really is rather tiresome to read in this forum what a terrible job he's done in the draft.  My question for anyone and everyong dumping on BB for his drafting:

compared to?????  Absent context you haven't the remotest clue how well BB does in the draft.  And please, don't cherry pick players who haven't cut it; every team has those.  Post some coomparisons to other teams. And don't cherry pick.  Would you characterize Ted Williams as a terrible hitter in 1941 because he only got a hit in 40.6% of his at bats? 

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Exquisite, I mean truly exquisite, cherry pick.  Actually one of the most classic I've seen.  Any other pearls to offer?

[/QUOTE]

The list of bad picks is as long as your arm. No need to cherry pick.

[/QUOTE]

And, Babe, my friend, how does that compare with the rest of the league (he reiterated)?  You young guys, no sense of context ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr. Geezer,

It is the typical mediocrity seen in the rest of the league. The exceptional GM work is reserved to only a few, and that changes year to year.

Yours Truly,

Mr. Wippersnapper

[/QUOTE]

No need for formality - you can call me Geez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If thats what you think. This D been good for a while though. Milloy retired in 2010., The rebuild started THEN, In 2 years, 2012, this D was pretty good. Why do I need to lie?  They allowed 15 ppg in 2012 which was good for FIRST in the league, JUST 2 YEARS after Milloy RETIRED. He was on the team that went 7-9 and beat the Saints in 2010.  smh at you frauds being jealous of another team and also being ignorant and uninformed. Stop it, its embarrasing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most disrespectful thing I've ever read.

[/QUOTE]

Do you even realize that Belichick has not drafted an elite  WR, SS, FS, CB, Pass Rusher in 10 years?

Think about how hard that is to accomplish. Even if someone was drafting random players and knew nothing about football, I bet they would at least get lucky on one of those positions. 

That is why he got desperate in 2012 and went after Talib.  You see what this defense is without a decent CB. We have not had elite safety since Harrison. Where is the pass rush?  Patriots D did not put a finger on Manning all game! Don't get me started about the Patriots WR's. It is bottom 5 NFL group in terms of skill and talent. 

The Seahawks Defense made more plays against the best offense of all time than the Patriots Defense  has done in the past 5 playoffs combined. 

...........but I get people here will be cheering on BB in the draft when he once again goes after "value" and drafts another bunch of useles players like Tavon Wilson Dowling and brings in more useless over the hill veterans like Adrian Wilson 

[/QUOTE]

Thwn say BB should sraft better, but "BB should learn from Carroll?" when BB took the guys that Carroll had, added two new players and took that defense to 4SBs? What next? Brady needs to learn from Wilson? Wilson did do more with less talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

You have to like the way the Seattle defense plays but the refs are not going to allow many other teams play that agressive.  They just won't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If thats what you think. This D been good for a while though. Milloy retired in 2010., The rebuild started THEN, In 2 years, 2012, this D was pretty good. Why do I need to lie?  They allowed 15 ppg in 2012 which was good for FIRST in the league, JUST 2 YEARS after Milloy RETIRED. He was on the team that went 7-9 and beat the Saints in 2010.  smh at you frauds being jealous of another team and also being ignorant and uninformed. Stop it, its embarrasing.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong the building of his D started when he drafted Earl Thomas #14th overall in and Chancellor in the 5th rd in...2010.  Thats when it began, Sherman and Maxwell both came in 2011.  Stop being unimformed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It took FOUR years for Carroll to get Seattle to this point.  Are you saying, as a Pats' fan, you are willing to wait FOUR years to allow BB to get the Pats to do what Seattle did in ONE playoff run this season?  To get what Seattle got means some lean years to have high picks.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Asking Rusty to NOT take a shot at Brady is like asking the sun not to rise every morning.  It just does!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Asking Rusty to NOT take a shot at Brady is like asking the sun not to rise every morning.  It just does!

[/QUOTE]

Well, I started a thread about the Shotgun Spread Base, so anyone is welcome to join it.

I just find it comical that Gomie just predictably wanted his legacy to shine through and he walked right into the trap that Brady has, and some of our moron fans think Pete Carroll is a GM.  

The irony of it all.  

Morons leading morons.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty.. what is it that really bothers you about the shotgun spread?  Is it because it does not reflect a run based attack you prefer?  When your QB wants to pass, wouldn't you agree the shot-gun allows your QB to have more time to survey the field and by being 3 - 4 yards back in the formation, there is less time needed to get back to pass?  I have seen many shot-gun formations in which run plays are executed from them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It took FOUR years for Carroll to get Seattle to this point.  Are you saying, as a Pats' fan, you are willing to wait FOUR years to allow BB to get the Pats to do what Seattle did in ONE playoff run this season?  To get what Seattle got means some lean years to have high picks.

[/QUOTE]

Seattle had only one top 10 pick during Carroll's tenure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong the building of his D started when he drafted Earl Thomas #14th overall in and Chancellor in the 5th rd in...2010.  Thats when it began, Sherman and Maxwell both came in 2011.  Stop being unimformed. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb or stupid....serious question.  It began in 2010, by your own words. They had the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in 2012!!!!  Thats a TWO YEAR TURNAROUND...Gosh you guys are crazy today. Petey got your panties in a bunch??!!  Wow, just keep posting so we can REALLY see how dumb you are....smdh

Let me put you on ignore so I dont waste my time today. Anybody with any sense want to debate this topic??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Seahawks have winning seasons for another 10 years, make the playoffs nearly every one of them, make it to several more SB's........then I'll agree..........that Carroll is as good as BB.  I won't agree until then.  For all we know they'll be perennial losers in 4 years.  

BB is the greatest coach/gm in the business.  Show me one team in the salary cap era that has done as well for so long.

[/QUOTE] 

AGREE!

But we still need to give Carroll credit even if he is only the cheerleader. Every team needs one and give  credit to Sehneider

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRUSTYTHECLOWN. Show CRUSTYTHECLOWN's posts

Here you go with the hate. All you have to do is look at the size of the CBs and see Carrolls prints all over it. He has always liked BIG CBs. You said you would eat crow if Carroll won so gets to grubbing and stop yapping. Youve done THAT all year. Its time to EAT loser.

[/QUOTE]
    Triple OG

Pete drafted Tebucky Jones and your correct - he likes big corners and safeties. Like any successful orgamization Schneider and Carroll work together in roster building.BB used to know that superior defenses win championships. This has become painfully obvious watching Baltimore, the Giants, and now the Sewahawks dominate good offenses, BB has forgotten his roots and what made his teams successful  He is a great great coach and mediocre GM

As usual RUSTY the clown is wrong !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moron,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb or stupid....serious question.  It began in 2010, by your own words. They had the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in 2012!!!!  Thats a TWO YEAR TURNAROUND...Gosh you guys are crazy today. Petey got your panties in a bunch??!!  Wow, just keep posting so we can REALLY see how dumb you are....smdh

Let me put you on ignore so I dont waste my time today. Anybody with any sense want to debate this topic??

[/QUOTE]

You really are an a complete idiot.  So under your reasoning I guess Carroll's tenure didn't officially start until 2012.  Are you really that dumb or are you just that ignorant.  Please put me on ignore you buffoon.

25. This post has been removed.