Belichick Shouldn't Play "Lady or the Tiger"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Belichick Shouldn't Play

But wozzy, losing super bowls and conference championships is unacceptable!
    Someone must pay!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

But wozzy, losing super bowls and conference championships is unacceptable!
    Someone must pay!

Yawn. Here's a portion of BB's motivational speech to his offense last week, just prior to their game winning drive:

"...So we're all dogfaces, we're all very, very different, but there is one thing that we all have in common: we were all stupid enough to enlist in (my) Army. We're mutants. There's something wrong with us, something very, very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us - we're soldiers. But we're American soldiers! We've been kicking (butt) for 200 years! We're 10 and 1! Now we don't have to worry about whether or not we practiced. We don't have to worry about whether (Drew Brees) wants to have us hung. All we have to do is to be the great American fighting soldier that is inside each one of us. Now do what I do, and say what I say. And make me proud."

LOL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Cherry picking??? I've stated facts, while you rely on emotion. Again...I credit BB "THE COACH" for those successes, along with his great fortune in having Tom Brady as his QB. The poor personnel decisions of BB "THE GM" has made the job of Brady and his coach much harder.

RESPONSE: Our team is 5-1 despite the failings of BB "THE GM" this offseason...one of his worst offseason performances ever. Credit a dogged Tom Brady and the great BB "THE COACH" for making lemonaid out of lemons.

[/QUOTE]

Truechamp compiled a quick list on another thread of draftees and free agents of this GM, I'll just cut and paste his:

Brady, Gronk, Ridley, Vareen, Mankins, Vollmer, Solder, Mayo, Talib, Wilfork, DMC, Dennard, Nink, Hightower, Spikes, Arrington, Tommy Kelly, Chandler Jones, Steve Gregory along with the rookies Harmon, Jones, Collins who will finish this season out for us just to name a few...

Proving once again that you are what you're record says you are and that there is no cure for stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Dissecting the drafting history of BB is such a "hindsight is 20/20" excercise.  The presumption here, it appears, is BB knew there were better players out there and he did not draft them.  I can understanding critiquing draft choices after the fact is a fan's perogative, but, unless you know first hand what information BB had, what HIS thoughts were at the time of the draft as to the team's needs and how a particular players fits that "image", how can one judge whether or not the choice at the time was bad?  It would have been interesting how this conversation would have gone back when Brady was drafted and if he did not turn out like he did.  Proof in the pudding that drafting players is a flip of the coin as there are "finds" and "busts" all the time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dissecting the drafting history of BB is such a "hindsight is 20/20" excercise.  The presumption here, it appears, is BB knew there were better players out there and he did not draft them.  I can understanding critiquing draft choices after the fact is a fan's perogative, but, unless you know first hand what information BB had, what HIS thoughts were at the time of the draft as to the team's needs and how a particular players fits that "image", how can one judge whether or not the choice at the time was bad?  It would have been interesting how this conversation would have gone back when Brady was drafted and if he did not turn out like he did.  Proof in the pudding that drafting players is a flip of the coin as there are "finds" and "busts" all the time!

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with thIs. If bb knew there were greater players to be had he would have picked them. It's not the knowing, it's the evaluation ProcesS and criteria, maybe the scouts, bb trusting himself vs the scouts, another strong voice that is heard In the process.

when it comes down to it, there are really 3 positions he is upside down on. Cb, WR and safety. He drafts OL, rb, lb, DT very well. So the question if you agree on the above is why? 

Bb has had great picks and not so good picks like everyone else, but he continues to win. He wins for 3 reasons;

1. Bb the coach

2. Brady

3. Builds a deep and balanced roster better than most. Yes, we don't have superstars at every position and we don't have a roster full of 1st - 3rd round picks, but he builds a solid team in spite of the misses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Cherry picking??? I've stated facts, while you rely on emotion. Again...I credit BB "THE COACH" for those successes, along with his great fortune in having Tom Brady as his QB. The poor personnel decisions of BB "THE GM" has made the job of Brady and his coach much harder.

RESPONSE: Our team is 5-1 despite the failings of BB "THE GM" this offseason...one of his worst offseason performances ever. Credit a dogged Tom Brady and the great BB "THE COACH" for making lemonaid out of lemons.

[/QUOTE]

Truechamp compiled a quick list on another thread of draftees and free agents of this GM, I'll just cut and paste his:

Brady, Gronk, Ridley, Vareen, Mankins, Vollmer, Solder, Mayo, Talib, Wilfork, DMC, Dennard, Nink, Hightower, Spikes, Arrington, Tommy Kelly, Chandler Jones, Steve Gregory along with the rookies Harmon, Jones, Collins who will finish this season out for us just to name a few...

Proving once again that you are what you're record says you are and that there is no cure for stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Agree but if we are truly assessing a GM, then you have to do so without having coaching criteria mixed in. Simply look at draft success, FA success, cap management, dead money, player retention, player production to a degree. 

Those picks you pasted are all great pieces of a winning team. If you line up that list to babes, what's the hit to miss ratio? Gut looks like just north of 55%-60%. Probably better than most gm's. 

i would argue its not just the hits and misses, but the production of the player chosen. His hits have mostly produced big time. Not average starters , but in the tops at their respective positions. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I barely post and hang around the edge of draft threads because I have a 70 hour a week job Bro. 

I never quite believe it when people tell me they work 70 or 80 hours a week, unless they really are working two full-time jobs where they have to punch a clock.  You do realize, that to work 70 hours in a week, you need to work 7 am to 7 pm five days a week and still put another 10 hours in over the weekend (i.e., work 7 to 5 on Saturday if you want Sunday off)?  To work 80 hours, you need to work 7 to 7 five days a week and 7 to 5 both Saturday and Sunday.  People say they work this much all the time.  I really don't believe them. Fifty or sixty hours, sure.  But 70 or 80?  Only if you have absolutely no life outside work at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Ummm. pretty sure I know how many hours I work.

I am an elementary school teacher who works 6:15-4:45 5 days a week. Two days I tutor 5:00-6:30. On the days I tutor I grade papers and lesson plan for 1-2 hours that night. 

Two days a week I bartend starting around 5:00 or 6:00 and getting out between 10:30-11:30 in order to pay back student loans.

Every other Saturday I take a district required professional development class 9:30-Noon and then every weekend I do another 5 hours or so of grading and lesson planning. People teach because they love the job and kids, nit to make money or 'punch a clock' 40 hours a week.

So it is more like 75-80 hours a week that I work.

I am glad to catch the Pats game, half the Sox games and a date night w/ the gf. I obviously have little time to respond to the sad, ignorant, attacks of confrontational lonley guys like Rusty and Wozzy who have the time to post all day every day (esp Rusty).