Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4682531/belichick-starters-will-play-tonight

I personally like the move. Send the team a message. I heard both Bill and Tom say things are different this year and if starters do play tonight, this is another indication.

What should we be looking for tonight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight

The players wanted to play tonight as well after that stinker last week.

I'm fine with it as long as no one else gets hurt.

Weeks one and two was to work on the running game. Brady got his turn last week. This week, I think if they play well early, the starters won't play more than a couple of series. But if they stink again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Too Bad Russ isn't around.  He'd have a field day with this.  Maybe he is but doesn't know it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

AP- I agree, he should be starting them. I'm basically looking for the defense to be able to shut down The Giants running game for the amount of time that the starters are in there. Game 4 usually scks so I'm glad they're playing. By the time the starters are through the College game will have started and I can flip over to that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If or how the starters play is only going to matter if Blue New Jersey has its starters in at the beginning. I'd be interested to see if the Pats can stop the Jints' running game, but realistically, don't expect to learn anything at all from tonight's game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

What if the corners are no good at Man coverage? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

They are saying Eli is expected to play so at least our young defense can get 1 more game speed practice in before the season. I just hope Darius Butler doesn't try to tackle Brandon Jacobs. No more torn rotators please.

BTW Happy 420.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4682531/belichick-starters-will-play-tonight I personally like the move. Send the team a message. I heard both Bill and Tom say things are different this year and if starters do play tonight, this is another indication. What should we be looking for tonight?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

No surprise here...after that shameful defensive performance against the Rams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight:
    [QUOTE]What if Indy gets blown out again by 30 points?
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]

They will again have a losing preseason just as they have had the last 5-6 years. 

What effect will this have on the reg season?  If history is a guide, none.  Then again, it could very well be that the colts are not as good as they were in previous years. 

The point is we really won't know because losing in the preseason is a commonality for the colts that has not had any recent bearing on their regular season play. 

Capiche?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight :      No surprise here...after that shameful defensive performance against the Rams.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but what real value after a couple of series if the opponent only plays back ups.  I get it but still, weird.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

this tell you, how happy the coach is wid this team's effort. Its a good thing we have someone like BB that no matter who is playing he expects great things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight : Yeah but what real value after a couple of series if the opponent only plays back ups.  I get it but still, weird.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Belichick does this because he wants the team to go into the season with positive momentum. He's done it in the past with our offense when they used to sputter in preseason. Nothing new. They'll play for a series or two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

e - I expected that, but the premise (and maybe I got this wrong) was they would be playing more than a series or two. 

I am out for the day.  Please harrass Russ (err Clark) or griswoRld.  He needs it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]e - I expected that, but the premise (and maybe I got this wrong) was they would be playing more than a series or two.  I am out for the day.  Please harrass Russ (err Clark) or griswoRld.  He needs it. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

What he'll do is play them until they look "season worthy". If it takes a series or two that will be it but I've seen him play our starting offense for the entire first half until they looked like they were in sync.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick: Starters to Play Tonight : What he'll do is play them until they look "season worthy". If it takes a series or two that will be it but I've seen him play our starting offense for the entire first half until they looked like they were in sync.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I agree E, Whether it is against back ups or not this young (but highly talented) group can use all the practice in live game action that it can get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Cause if you want a toe dude i cant get you a toe....
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fuching amateurs...