Belichick to the Chiefs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Belichick to the Chiefs?

This is gonna sound crazy... at first... but let's think about it for a moment. Belichick was faced with the choice of trading Brady or Cassel. He kept Brady and traded Cassel along with Vrabel (strangely) to the chiefs. Do you think there's a possibility he figured he would give Brady another year or two and have Pioli rebuild for him in Kansas City should Brady not get back to top form? Maybe the uncharacteristically dumb moves he made this year was the result of his one-more-time-let's-go-for-broke mentality. Or possibly even because he is trying to find a way to sever ties in New England. Perhaps Cassel, Pioli, Weiss, and Crennel are waiting for him in KC, along with an oddly placed Vrabel who Belichick may have decided he wanted for a locker room leader in the future. He knows he can only ride the Brady train for so long. What if he decides KC is his backup plan?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Belichick to the Chiefs?

How about Weis and Romeo are familiar with Pioli they believe to get back to elite coordinator status it will be more impressive to make the chiefs a playoff team than it would be the patriots.
    I like the fiction behind the post though.  They Chiefs already have a pretty good coach, he'll be there for a long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think people are putting a bit too much stock in his genius moniker. He's not going anywhere people. Remember, this relationship with Kraft only works because they're both complements to each other.

He traded Cassel because he knew he couldn't keep both and because franchising Cassel was going to be too big a hindrance on the cap. You can't trade away a Hall of Fame QB in his prime, even if he coming off a knee injury. He also knew that there was going to be a 2-3 year lull where the team wasn't going to be as competitive. That's natural because of how the NFL is setup. It's better to rebuild with Brady at the helm who's not going to be learning on the fly.

Trading Vrabel is two-fold: he was going to be a salary cap casualty anyway with a figure of somewhere around $3 million if I recall. Plus, I think Pioli made it a condition as part of the Cassel deal so he could get some veteran leadership in the lockerroom (what we lack right now).

Pioli, Weiss and Crennel all left to do their own things because that's human nature, part ego and part greed. In their tenure with the Patriots, people said Belichick was the mastermind and now they're wanting to go out and prove to themselves and the world that they had a stake in our success. No harm in that because that's what we ALL would have done had we been in their shoes.

He didn't make dumb moves this year. 4th and 2 had to be done. Funny how more coaches are now going for it on 4th down since that play. Yes, he botched some major free agent signings but that's everyone and not just Bill. It happens on every team every year. When he says he does what's best for the team, I truly do believe him. Why else would any coach do anything? To win, right?

Brady will get back to top form for a window of 2-4 years. Perhaps even 5 given he relies solely on his arm and his intelligence. To think Bill's slowly eroding the Patriots to make a run to Kanas City is not realistic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

First: 10/26/2008
    Last: 1/13/2010
    This is gonna sound crazy
    you're absolutely right...that's crazy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I wasn't talking about 4th and 2 being a dumb move, I mainly meant Galloway, Greg Lewis, Burgess, trading Vrabel etc. And I wasn't saying BB was intentionally eroding the team. I think as long as he's here, he wants to win. But maybe he knows if he makes careless moves that cost the team money, he will lose business credibility in Kraft's eyes, and the mystique may fade away. Of course, I'm also the victim of an overactive imagination, and I've been told repeatedly that I'm a conspiracy theorist. By the way, did you know Obama shot Kennedy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

This is a joke right?

That and im so tired of people bringing up the trading of Vrabel as killing this team. Mike Vrabel is done and washed up. He had 44 tackles and 2 sacks. Boy we really missed that production. Hell Burgess out played him this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

You must be drinking something other than KoolAid Dynasty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I beleive anything is possible.to many times we have seen the tuna and his staff move from one franchise to another.and he offered the jets job to BB.but BB came here and threw all of them for a loop.could BB do what the tuna has done time and again?yes he could.but will he?I just dont see it happening right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

It's not all that crazy, well it is crazy, until i read this...

'' For most of the first half, Meyer was talking to New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who also attended the game. ''

Maybe they are good buddies, maybe Kraft likes college basketball, maybe Kraft is looking for a DC and OC, maybe Kraft is looking for other options at HC.

It's all speculation, speculation is all us Pats fans have until September LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Are you the same poster that started the "maybe Welker really isn't hurt" thread too???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

BB read one of my posts and saw enough to offer me the OC job, I start monday.  Anything in special everyone wants me to do as my first order of business when I arrive?

that's how likely this KC conspiracy theory is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

OMG!! A conspiracy!!

Maybe it was KC on the grassy knoll too! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I want some of what you are obviously smoking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I am not happy that Romeo is now going to join Weiss and Pioli in Kansas. If Romeo and Charlie wanted to show they can win independantly without the BB influence why would they sign on at the same team together again. BB has won nothing since they were on the sidelines with him and maybe it is he that wants to show he can be a winner without them. Pees and O'brien have been woeful especially this year and the Pats need to cut them adrift. Charlie and Romeo would have been ideal and the Pats should have taken advantage of the unique situation of them being available together and signed them. Kansas will be a force in a few years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Belichick is staying Put But I would have loved to see Weis and Crennel back where the belong in New England where they are trully needed  And only reason Belichick couldn't keep Cassel You can't keep a Q.B that you pay  that much on the side line Thats just stupid

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Genius is signing with a first class owner in a big market, with a huge and smart scouting staff, with a spiffy new stadium and state of the art practice facility, you having all the power, and having three extra first day draft choices stockpiled for 16 months down the road.  You don't have to pack and unpack your household goods.

Bill Parcells may beg to differ, that genius is building up five teams from nothing and then quitting one day on the first four of them, why, nobody knows.  To each his own.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

posted at 1/13/2010 5:54 PM EST
    First: 7/2/2008
    Last: 1/13/2010
    Are you the same poster that started the "maybe Welker really isn't hurt" thread too???

No. I'm not.