Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to JMUFranco's comment:

Can't say I agree with the whole "sky is falling" or "BB is the worst drafter/GM" in the league sentiments that are so prevalent here, but I'll go on the record saying that neither Ryan nor Harmon were high in my books. I'll also go on the record saying that I am no expert and that my opinion in the grand scheme of things means nothing. But there were other players I would've preferred to have been taken (as there are every year) and here's to hoping that my gut reaction was wrong. Anyway, we're a long long way from determining if these two are busts, average Joes, or HoF'ers.

And that's just it, you're a fan, I'm a fan and I felt the same way- you can add Tavon Wilson into the category as well...didn't like that either. So when you hear about these guys in practice and you go down there and watch these guys look like they shouldn't be there, it's ok to criticize.

So even though early in the season, before McCourty was move to S, Wilson did a solid job, you have made up your mind on him so it is okay to do that to others? If anything, assuming you are a reasonable person, it would force you to hold off judgement.

When I make these judgements I have some criteria before I say to myself...this isn't going to work. First with Wilson for example I looked at his draft projections - he was slated to go much lower - then I watched all of his pre draft video (and there was a lot out there)...he looked like an undersized 5th round prospect/special teams player. Then I thought "well he must be a real smart, heady player that will fit our system to a T"...then I read towards the end of last season that the Patriots were surprised how this guy kept making the same mistakes over and over and couldn't put him on the field. So if he's not big enough, fast enough, strong enough and smart enough...why take him so high when the rest of league felt the he shouldn't of either? Then you rread how he is in the dog house this year in camp buried behind everyone at safety. Plus what did they do this off season at the safety spot? They went out and got not one, but two safeties. And it's not like the guys they brought in were undrafted free agent types either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

So, as objective eyes can see, there's been little help to the defense through the draft, from 2006-present. Only Jerod Mayo, McCourty, Spikes, and perhaps newcomers Jones and Hightower have been contributors. Doesn't this serve as an explanation for why the Pats' "D" has repeatedly failed the team in the play-offs?  

Um, and where, on this forum would anyone be in possession of those objective eyes, TP?  I'm not objective and neither are you.  

I love the words he chooses to use for dramatic effect. Like a Pro Bowler here, twice in a row, "failed miserably".

How does that make any sense whatsoever?

Wouldn't it mean a talented player who didn't progress here became a disappointment?  

Instead he uses words like "failed miserably".

The fact is from 2006, into 2007, any draft pick, in particular on D wasn't really going to find a spot here unless if you were a back up and then promoted in 2008 and 2009.  James Sanders comes to mind in that area.

Good, solid player for us.   There just wasn't any room.  The Pioli and Dimitrioff losses in 2008 and 2009 were huge losses for our organization, as it would be for any organization.  It totally disrupted that flow between the scouts and administration.  That's a big reason why those 2008 and 2009 drafts didn't turn out so well.

As everyone can see, since 2010 when he had Reese and Caserio in here with stability, the draft yields or players they've cultivated has been pretty much the best in the NFL (from 2010-2012), at least the AFC (maybe a Cincy or Houston can say that).

If you don't get the reps, the experience, etc, because you're buried behind a slew of HOF caliber players on D, it's hard to progress.  That's what happened on those 2005-2007 clubs. What's BB supposed to do, bench all his LBs, D Linemen and secondary players so his picks could get reps and become ALl Pros overnight?

I mean, the Texas Troll logic is so childish. It reeks of never really going to college and sitting playing video games, thinking that is real life.

We will see this right now with teams like Baltimore, maybe Pitt and the Giants. These teams just went to the hilt with a lot of veteran Ds and now have lost a huge swath of players due to cap issues off the lockout.

The Giants just missed the playoffs.   They may miss them again. Pitt just missed the playoffs. I would not be shocked to see them miss them again. They're old. Why are they so paranoid to promote their draft picks? I know the answer.  They've sucked in the draft!  LMAO

Who has Newsome drafted in the last few years on D?  LaDarius Webb and Ellerbe are the only two players on D I've seen them develop in recent years, but they couldn't even afford to keep Ellerbe, so what was the point of that draft pick?  Kindle is an outright bust as is Mt Cody.  Terrible picks.

I could poke holes in dope Texas troll's premise all day long and it still does not change the fact our Ds played well in SB 42 and 46 and Brady continues to choke in those games.

Steelers 1st rd pick in 2011? Cam Heyward, OSU D Lineman. He's a bust!  Can anyone even name one good draft pick on defense for the Steelers in recent years? I can't.

Cortez Allen is the best player I can think of and they even overrate him.  4th rd pick CB in 2010.

Whopdee doo.

THE MOST UNOBJECTIVE POSTER WHO MAY HAVE EVER LIVED RE: BILL BELLICHICK ^^^

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

THE MOST UNOBJECTIVE POSTER WHO MAY HAVE EVER LIVED RE: BILL BELLICHICK ^^^

I chose simply to place that simpleton Rusty on ignore. It makes it so much easier to browse through posts from the far more knowledgeable other posters here. In so doing, I am also following my Dad's advice to never waste time arguing with an idiot.

LOL!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey, Mt Hurl, remember when you just said you read where Tavon Wilson kept making the same mistakes over and over as the season went on last year? That was funny, because it's another misconstrued reality from you.

Anyone with half a brain would look at Tavon Wilson's rookie production, improvement as the season went on as a good thing, not a bad thing.

Hey rust, remember when you knew what you were talking about regarding football? Yeah I didn't think so....neither does anyone else.

Why yes! I do remember reading that Wilson wasn't grasping his assignments - it was last December when second round picks hopefully improve enough to help a team that needs it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Not a whiff yet.  Let's see if they make the roster. If they do....it would take 2-3 years to assess their talent. If they get cut, then it's par for the course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Um, and where, on this forum would anyone be in possession of those objective eyes, TP?  I'm not objective and neither are you.  

What an empty, cowardly response! Nothing to refute anything I said. You obviously have enough trouble cogently speaking for yourself...without trying to speak for others.

Sitting here on my 2nd IPA of the day, yard work done early, just finished watching the Sox shut out the D-Backs, pondering my upcoming vacation, feeling rather mellow.  Life is good.  And so I view my friend TP's insults with a wry smile.

TP, you and I have had this conversation before with respect to objectivity during which you acknowledged not having any and yet you still lay claim to it.  And when I point that out, which is the underlying premise of your post, you choose to attack.  How unfortunate. 

You make no comparison to other teams, you provide little context and you continue to beat the same tired drum:  BB can't draft to safe his a $$.  You repeatedly challenge his picks based on the mock drafts of pundits and your own assessments.  TP, you, like me, are a fan.  BB is a professional.  Feel free to post whatever you like but do try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum.  I challenged your objectivity not your manhood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

So, as objective eyes can see, there's been little help to the defense through the draft, from 2006-present. Only Jerod Mayo, McCourty, Spikes, and perhaps newcomers Jones and Hightower have been contributors. Doesn't this serve as an explanation for why the Pats' "D" has repeatedly failed the team in the play-offs?  

[/QUOTE]

Me. 100% of the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's how he backpedals when caught. 

You not only backpedal when you're caught, you usually don't even have the balls to respond and just run away. And this happens multiple times daily.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hey rust, remember when you knew what you were talking about regarding football? Yeah I didn't think so....neither does anyone else...

LOL!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You not only backpedal when you're caught, you usually don't even have the balls to respond and just run away. And this happens multiple times daily.

Yeah, I am known for avoiding confrontation here. lmao

Go check out me catching your buddy Pezzy in a lie in the other thread with regards to Brady's Safety in SB 46.

He said Tarkenton did it in SB IX. He did not. He took a Safety, but in the SECOND QTR. That is not the first offensive play for the Vikings in that SB.

He tried to get cute, be sneaky, lie and caught him cold.

So, nice try. The board here is tuned into what you and your troll bretheren do here.

I can't speak for others dumbkoff. But against me you are approximately, 0 - 1000.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Umm, no. They've had a higher winning% since 2007 as a team.  Also, anyone with a clue knows teams employ video coordinators and they film whatever they want during games with no NFL official checking what teams film.   Our own team was filmed by opponents.

Oh, my bad, kudo's on your regular season play (that includes 6 games/yr against AFC East opponents, right?)....how many SB wins did that translate into? Hahahahahaha....as I said way back when, you're the downside of the hill.  And it clearly hasnt helped losing whatever edge Spygate might have given (BB superior intellect and all, its no wonder Cowterd could make anything out of it, just sayin') 

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/living-on-the-downside-of-the-hill

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Texas-Pathetic's comment:

Umm, no. They've had a higher winning% since 2007 as a team.  Also, anyone with a clue knows teams employ video coordinators and they film whatever they want during games with no NFL official checking what teams film.   Our own team was filmed by opponents.

Oh, my bad, kudo's on your regular season play (that includes 6 games/yr against AFC East opponents, right?)....how many SB wins did that translate into? Hahahahahaha....as I said way back when, you're the downside of the hill.  And it clearly hasnt helped losing whatever edge Spygate might have given (BB superior intellect and all, its no wonder Cowterd could make anything out of it, just sayin') 

I see your stupid name is matched by your content.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

And yet Babe, we agree on so much.

(1) BB has questionable drafting skills

(2) This team suffers in the playoffs because its defense has deteriorated despite a long and concerted effort to rebuild it

(3) Rusty is a "dumbkoff"?

All you now need to get your mind around the factual statment the decline effectively coincided with the revelation that the team used "spying" techniques (granted that others teams also employed) to gain an advantage over its opponents.  A SB victory has been fleeting since.  It is what it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Steelers 1st rd pick in 2011? Cam Heyward, OSU D Lineman. He's a bust!  Can anyone even name one good draft pick on defense for the Steelers in recent years? I can't.

Cortez Allen is the best player I can think of and they even overrate him.  4th rd pick CB in 2010.

Woodley?

Timmons?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

(2) This team suffers in the playoffs because its defense has deteriorated despite a long and concerted effort to rebuild it

All you now need to get your mind around the factual statment the decline effectively coincided with the revelation that the team used "spying" techniques (granted that others teams also employed) to gain an advantage over its opponents.  A SB victory has been fleeting since.  It is what it is.

Your theory is BS. The team went undefeated after spygate was stopped dead. The much more convincing argument is that the GM let the team deteriorate generally as the stars he inherited aged.

There is nothing about your ridiculous premise that makes a whit of sense. Even the Patriot enemy Walsh admitted no tapes were ever used the day of the game and were therefore virtually useless and in essence show BB was in fact adhering to the spirit of the bylaws and game day manual. Furthermore the only violation that existed was taping from a prohibited location which was only clarified by the memo, not the rules in place before that.

Your problem is that you undermine any legitimate contentions you make, such as Rusty being an imbecile, by spewing ridiculous things such as your cockamamie spygate theory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

[QUOTE]

Woodley?

Timmons?

Those guys have been there for years and they've been disappointed in Timmons recently, too.

I was talking about the last few drafts.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20130801/SPORTS0403/130809935#.Uf76sL7D8cA

I'll take Rob Ninkovich and not use using a 1st rd pick for him over Timmons from Pitt.

Woodley is a good player, but he wasnt' drafted recently. He, too, had a down year last year with him making excuses like "scheme". LeBeau has only been running the same D there for years. lol

[/QUOTE]

ahhh, I thought you said you couldn't think of a good Steeler draft pick on defense in "recent years", meaning the time frame that this thread was assessing the Patriots selections which extended back to the Woodley/Timmons time frame.  Other than Heyward, higher round defense draft picks for the Steelers "recently" unlike the Patriots.

Keenan Lewis

btw, a quote from the link you provided...

"Timmons became the first linebacker since Joey Porter in 2002 to lead the Steelers in tackles, sacks and interceptions, but his season wasn’t a complete one."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Your theory is BS. The team went undefeated after spygate was stopped dead. The much more convincing argument is that the GM let the team deteriorate generally as the stars he inherited aged.

There is nothing about your ridiculous premise that makes a whit of sense. Even the Patriot enemy Walsh admitted no tapes were ever used the day of the game and were therefore virtually useless and in essence show BB was in fact adhering to the spirit of the bylaws and game day manual. Furthermore the only violation that existed was taping from a prohibited location which was only clarified by the memo, not the rules in place before that.

Your problem is that you undermine any legitimate contentions you make, such as Rusty being an imbecile, by spewing ridiculous things such as your cockamamie spygate theory.

Wow!  Very defensive as I suggested no "theory" at all!  I know there are those that do make suggestions like the inability of BB Patriots to play up to the same standard in their second meeting of an opponent post spygate (e.g. Giants at the end of the regular season vs. Giants in the SB) might have been evidence that they did get some advantage, but I'm not saying that....anyway, like I said, it is what it is.

p.s. we also agree that Brady is an excellent QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xjz3cf5. Show xjz3cf5's posts

[QUOTE]

The question is, is Texas Pathetic Underpants?

the reality is they haven't drafted much D in the past few years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I know there are those that do make suggestions like the inability of BB Patriots to play up to the same standard in their second meeting of an opponent post spygate (e.g. Giants at the end of the regular season vs. Giants in the SB) might have been evidence that they did get some advantage, but I'm not saying that....

Do "they" have any examples that show this?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Go check out me catching your buddy Pezzy in a lie in the other thread with regards to Brady's Safety in SB 46.

He said Tarkenton did it in SB IX. He did not. He took a Safety, but in the SECOND QTR. That is not the first offensive play for the Vikings in that SB.

So, nice try. The board here is tuned into what you and your troll bretheren do here.

I can't speak for others dumbkoff. But against me you are approximately, 0 - 1000.

Go check the same thread where psycho, crusto lied and said TB was the ONLY QB to EVER throw a pick on 1st down in the 4th quarter, in a SB.  Even with all that cherry picking, he lied, as usual. 

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The question is, is Texas Pathetic Underpants?

Doubt it. Underpants doesn't seem to think you're quite the idiot this guy does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wow!  Very defensive as I suggested no "theory" at all! 

Don't mistake putting you in your place as being defensive.

You certainly did express that a lack of SB wins post spygate was indicative that signal taping was a factor in that. Since that cannot be proven as fact it must be a theory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go check the same thread where psycho, crusto lied and said TB was the ONLY QB to EVER throw a pick on 1st down in the 4th quarter, in a SB.  Even with all that cherry picking, he lied, as usual. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With a lead, he was and is.  So, all he has in common with Rex Grossman is the fact each threw INTs on 1st down in the 4th qtr of a SB. Brady's is worse!  Grossman was behind, trailing.

You lied outright about the Safety, too.  Tarkenton took his in SB iX in the second qtr, not his first play from scrimmage.

MASSIVE LIAR

Caught again.

[/QUOTE]

First QB ever to throw an INT on 1st down in the 4th qtr of a SB. 

This  is your statement and says nothing about a lead and why do you need 4 qualifiers to make a statement true.  Ridiculous!

Your a pathetic liar and a fraud.
    Don't bother trying to weasel out.  Everyone in here knows your a liar.  Even you.

You're just too small to admit it.  

Admit you lied

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

With a lead, he was and is.  So, all he has in common with Rex Grossman is the fact each threw INTs on 1st down in the 4th qtr of a SB. Brady's is worse!  Grossman was behind, trailing.

You lied outright about the Safety, too.  Tarkenton took his in SB iX in the second qtr, not his first play from scrimmage.

MASSIVE LIAR

Caught again.

This  is your statement and says nothing about a lead and why do you need 4 qualifiers to make a statement true.  Ridiculous!

Your a pathetic liar and a fraud.
    Don't bother trying to weasel out.  Everyone in here knows your a liar.  Even you.

You're just too small to admit it.  

Admit you lied

I lied? I think it's funny I made you produce the idea that Rex Grossman is the only other guy to do it. And, that was in desperation late in the game while trailing. lol!!

You don't even know when you're being set up. That's how dumb you are. 

Why would anyone pretend Rex Grossman's crappy SB play is what we want here? How many times have I said "who abducted Brady"? or "when did Brady turn into Jay Cutler"?

At least Grossman had the excuse of playing from behind!  Brady had momentum and time on his side.  My god have your expectations fallen. Brady should be like Grossman is your premise. WOW.

Hey, remember when you lied about Tarkenton in SB IX taking his first snap and taking a Safety, being lazy on the first play after 2 weeks off?  That was so cool.  I love it when you lie and get caught.

It means you've dug that deeper hole for yourself, in outright desperation.

Brady sucked in the 4th qtr of SB 46 and Rex Grossman felt a bit better about himself because of it.

Not where I want my QB to be with a chance to win it all. Nope.  Wasn't 10 years ago, not in 2011, not now. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Unglued^^^

"Tarkenton took a Safety on his first play in SB IX" - I am not sure I've seen such a lie before here. It happened in the 2nd qtr, in case people are interested. You learn something new everyday here.

Cannot be made up.

The best is Pezzy pining for Brady to be like Rex Grossman.  Cannot be made up. Can't.

Yes  you are unglued, if you ever had any glue. (doubtful)

Tarkenton took a safety on the first drive in the second quarter which was the first and only score of the half.  There have been 7 safeties in Super Bowls and countless others in the play-offs.

Rusty says: First QB ever to throw an INT on 1st down in the 4th qtr of a SB.

Rusty lied!