Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Since when have you dismantled anybody's opinion? The only thing you ever dismantled is perhaps a set of blocks! If those players suck as you claim, why were they signed to huge free agent contracts by other teams? Why don't you run along, and go play with your Madden 2013? 

Kruger is the only player listed who signed anything remotely close to a "huge" contract.  And you'll notice my comment was that his first 3 years were nothing special so the Ravens essentially got one good year out of him.  Had he been picked by BB I guarantee the BB the GM hater goon squad would be out in force lambasting the pick.  Tavares Gooden is playing for 700k this year.  Antwan Barnes is playing for a bit over 1 million.  Dickson and Smith are still under their rookie contracts.  So much for those "huge" contracts.  Just in case you were wondering Chung and Meriweather (the big bad BB busts) signed larger contracts after being released from NE than Barnes or Gooden.  Why don't you try acquainting yourself with some facts?

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: I still see no serious debate...just your own warped opinion.

[/QUOTE]

That is because you are too busy drinking your "objective" koolaid.  You are not objective on this issue.  You are no better than the "homers" you criticize.  Being a contrarian doesn't make you objective.

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Talk about straw man, who said that BB sucks? The guy is great at everything football, except selecting the right guys in the draft. He appears to have too much on his plate...is cutting corners on evaluating players by placing huge amounts of trust in certain college programs...and now is disregarding his own scouts. Even Mike Reiss has suggested that a change in the player selection process needs to be made. But...go right ahead being homeric, homer!! LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE]

Spare me.  You've said in multiple threads that BB is a poor GM fired on another team as GM.  This thread is about BB the GM.  Clearly you think he sucks as a GM which was my point.  And you still haven't responded to the point that even if you definitvely proved BB is inferior to Newsome (which you haven't) that doesn't make him a bottom tier GM.  Is Matt Ryan a bottom tier QB because he isn't as good as Brady or Rodgers?  Of course not.  That is 12 year old logic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Since when have you dismantled anybody's opinion? The only thing you ever dismantled is perhaps a set of blocks! If those players suck as you claim, why were they signed to huge free agent contracts by other teams? Why don't you run along, and go play with your Madden 2013? 

Kruger is the only player listed who signed anything remotely close to a "huge" contract.  And you'll notice my comment was that his first 3 years were nothing special so the Ravens essentially got one good year out of him.  Had he been picked by BB I guarantee the BB the GM hater goon squad would be out in force lambasting the pick.  Tavares Gooden is playing for 700k this year.  Antwan Barnes is playing for a bit over 1 million.  Dickson and Smith are still under their rookie contracts.  So much for those "huge" contracts.  Just in case you were wondering Chung and Meriweather (the big bad BB busts) signed larger contracts after being released from NE than Barnes or Gooden.  Why don't you try acquainting yourself with some facts?

RESPONSE: Barnes had 11 sacks for the Chargers in 2011, and signed a 3 year deal with the Jets: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9066619/antwan-barnes-new-york-jets-deal But he sucks, right? Compare and contrast his him Pats' 2nd round flop Jermaine Cunningham. Who is by far the better player? Couldn't help but notice how you omitted the huge contract given to OG Grubbs to leave the Ravens? Try 5 years, $36mil., clown: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/03/15/ben.grubbs.saints.ap/index.html

Where did I say that Dickson and Smith were signed big free agent deals, Einstein? If you want to talk more about huge contracts, what did the Ravens have to shell out to keep Joe Flacco, Haloti Ngata, and Ray Rice?

What group of players have the Patriots drafted since 2006 that can compare with the Ravens' haul of Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Torrey Smith, Marshal Yanda, and Ben Grubbs??

QUOTE]

RESPONSE: I still see no serious debate...just your own warped opinion. 

That is because you are too busy drinking your "objective" koolaid.  You are not objective on this issue.  You are no better than the "homers" you criticize.  Being a contrarian doesn't make you objective.

RESPONSE: You're choking on your homer koolaid, son. Can't wait for you to list the Patriot players selected from 2006-present that top what the Ravens have done.

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Talk about straw man, who said that BB sucks? The guy is great at everything football, except selecting the right guys in the draft. He appears to have too much on his plate...is cutting corners on evaluating players by placing huge amounts of trust in certain college programs...and now is disregarding his own scouts. Even Mike Reiss has suggested that a change in the player selection process needs to be made. But...go right ahead being homeric, homer!! LOL!!!  

[/QUOTE

Spare me.

RESPONSE: Spare you?? Sorry, I can't save you from repeatedly making a homeric fool out of yourself.  

You've said in multiple threads that BB is a poor GM fired on another team as GM.

RESPONSE: Hogwash! I've said on multiple threads that he has done a poor job of selecting players in the draft...period. I also said that if a GM on a rival team had drafted as poorly as BB, he would have been fired by now.

This thread is about BB the GM.  Clearly you think he sucks as a GM which was my point.

RESPONSE: That is NOT what this thread is about. I've been clear to those who don't have clear comprehension issues caused by overdosing on homeric koolaide, that BB has done a poor job of selecting players in the draft. I've also been clear about him being the greatest coach of all-time, and have been crystal clear in pointing out that he evaluates veteran talent well, and generally makes good trades...especially stockpiling draft picks. The sole problem lies in his awful draft selections. DO YOU N UNDERSTAND...you drunk on koolaid homer!  LOL!!!

And you still haven't responded to the point that even if you definitvely proved BB is inferior to Newsome (which you haven't)

RESPONSE: Please!!! Reasonable minds (unlike yours), would take issue with you here...LOL!!

that doesn't make him a bottom tier GM.  Is Matt Ryan a bottom tier QB because he isn't as good as Brady or Rodgers?  Of course not.  That is 12 year old logic.

RESPONSE: AGAIN...my sole criticism of BB lies in the awful draft selections he's made, since 2006. Though I agree with his philosophy of stockpiling top 100 picks, he has squandered the great majority of them. But...go on and defend him, and ignore the facts if you so choose. I'm sick and tired of going over this, time and again...with the likes of brain dead homers like yourself.  

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

BB's drafts from 2010-2012 are arguably the best yields in the entire NFL and Texas Troll thinks there should be another GM in here.

Wow dumbkoff, you would think with that best in the whole damned league drafting over THREE years we would have won a SB in the last 3 years. But we didn't, did we?

You're an idiot. And you are that especially because you think if your goofy little brain cooks up something then it must be fact. It's not. It's just something your goofy little brain cooked up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Wow Tex let me make this simple for you.  You gave Newsome credit for drafting guys like Barnes and Gooden and Dickson and Smith.  I said if BB had drafted guys like that you would have declared them busts.  You responded with "If those players suck as you claim, why were they signed to huge free agent contracts by other teams?".

pointed out that statement is unequivocally false.  Gooden and Barnes signed smaller contracts than busts like Chung and Meriweather when they left the Pats and Dickson and Smith are still on their rookie deals.  Now you are shifting the goalposts talking about Cunningham (no idea why) and Grubbs (who I never mentioned and acknowledged was a good player).  You were wrong then and you are wrong now.  Stop obfuscating.

Plus you are also taking issue with my claim that you think BB is a poor GM despite the fact that you have acknowledged you believe his drafts would get him fired by another team.  Sorry, but good GMs don't get fired.  You can't have it both ways Tex.  If you think BB's drafts would get him fired by another team then you think he is a poor GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB's drafts from 2010-2012 are arguably the best yields in the entire NFL and Texas Troll thinks there should be another GM in here.

Wow dumbkoff, you would think with that best in the whole damned league drafting over THREE years we would have won a SB in the last 3 years. But we didn't, did we?

You're an idiot. And you are that especially because you think if your goofy little brain cooks up something then it must be fact. It's not. It's just something your goofy little brain cooked up.

[/QUOTE]

We tried to off a lockout with no camp and Brady messed that up with Welkie, didn't they?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize the lockout lasted 3 years dumbkoff.

Brady didn't mess up with Welkie dum bass. They gave a lead at the end to the D but they collapsed again and lost another SB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If you think BB's drafts would get him fired by another team then you think he is a poor GM.

There is more to being a GM than drafting, but that's the biggest part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For certain positions, genuine rookie starters are rare.  Fans of the Patriots were spoiled when Devin McCourty walked in at the end of the first round and started playing decent cornerback.  A year of sitting on the bench is more typical around the NFL, and even then, drafting for the defensive backfield is a hit-or-miss proposition.  The New York Jets, for example, drafted Kyle Mini-Me Wilson two slots after Devin McCourty, and after three years he's only a starter because the team doesn't have anybody good to play the position. All that we know so far is that Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon aren't ball hawks (unlike second rounder Jaime Collins who is already vacuuming up center field and who might start).  I believe that Harmon has other qualities, namely, that he hits like a truck.

Expecting some Gronk with speed /  muscles / height / skills to drop to the third round is pretty unrealistic.  Expecting the real Gronkowski to drop to the second round seems bizarre in retrospect, and the same may be said for Zach Sudfield.  However, the Patriots' scouting staff seems to be exquisitely on-track for picking tight ends lately.  Big exception:  AHern. 

I have no idea why BB reaches for Rutgers players.  Maybe he was impressed with McCourty's training and performance.  My opinion of the Patriots' ability to pick defensive backfield players has gone up a bit in the past two years with their discovery of McCourty, Dennard and maybe Kyle Arrington. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Wow Tex let me make this simple for you.  You gave Newsome credit for drafting guys like Barnes and Gooden and Dickson and Smith.  I said if BB had drafted guys like that you would have declared them busts.  You responded with "If those players suck as you claim, why were they signed to huge free agent contracts by other teams?".

RESPONSE: The only thing simple about all this is you! Talk about absolute desperation...LOL!!!

pointed out that statement is unequivocally false.  Gooden and Barnes signed smaller contracts than busts like Chung and Meriweather when they left the Pats and Dickson and Smith are still on their rookie deals.  Now you are shifting the goalposts talking about Cunningham (no idea why) and Grubbs (who I never mentioned and acknowledged was a good player).  You were wrong then and you are wrong now.  Stop obfuscating.

RESPONSE: Even more desperate...LOL!! This is all about BB's abilities as a drafter. You have shifted it to a referendum on contracts...and have conveniently skipped over the contracts given to Grubbs and Paul Kruger...and the huge deals the Ravens had to pay to keep the star players that Newsome drafted. 

Plus you are also taking issue with my claim that you think BB is a poor GM despite the fact that you have acknowledged you believe his drafts would get him fired by another team.  Sorry, but good GMs don't get fired.  You can't have it both ways Tex.  If you think BB's drafts would get him fired by another team then you think he is a poor GM.

RESPONSE: You apparently have a major reading comprehension issue. I made my position crystal clear above. Perhaps we can resume this discussion when and if your ability to read and comprehend improves?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

RESPONSE: The only thing simple about all this is you! Talk about absolute desperation...LOL!!!

RESPONSE: Even more desperate...LOL!! This is all about BB's abilities as a drafter. You have shifted it to a referendum on contracts...and have conveniently skipped over the contracts given to Grubbs and Paul Kruger...and the huge deals the Ravens had to pay to keep the star players that Newsome drafted. 

RESPONSE: You apparently have a major reading comprehension issue. I made my position crystal clear above. Perhaps we can resume this discussion when and if your ability to read and comprehend improves?

Typical TP deflection.  All style no substance in rebuttal.  TP - call Washington, the administration is looking for a few good deflection artists.  The "phony scandals" narrative isn't working, but they can't tell the truth.  You'd be perfect in their communications office.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Typical TP deflection.  All style no substance in rebuttal.  TP - call Washington, the administration is looking for a few good deflection artists.  The "phony scandals" narrative isn't working, but they can't tell the truth.  You'd be perfect in their communications office.

Who are you kidding? Screw Washington......this guy is a shoe in for the head scout for the New England Patriots. He's clearly much better at drafting that BB or any of his staff. Surprised

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Well...here he is...Mr. Credibility...the guy who starts a thread saying that Pats' fans don't deserve tnhe AH mess, and Mr. Kraft and BB aren't responsible...and then in the next breath goes on to say how it destroyed the idea of "The Patriot Way".

Typical doggie-doo from the king of deception and misdirection...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Who are you kidding? Screw Washington......this guy is a shoe in for the head scout for the New England Patriots. He's clearly much better at drafting that BB or any of his staff. Surprised

How you doing, my goldmine pal, tanass?? Long time no hear! LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You are an idiot.  You are the one that brought up contracts genius.  I just said that counting guys like Barnes, Gooden, Dickson and Smith as hits for Newsome was wrong.  That was how this entire "debate" even started.  THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL POST.  You countered with the statement: "If those players suck as you claim, why were they signed to huge free agent contracts by other teams?".  You brought up contracts not me dumba ss. 

I proved the players I specifically mentioned which did not include guys like Grubbs did not sign huge contracts with other teams.  In fact the 2 guys that have signed contracts with other teams (Gooden and Barnes) signed for less than guys like Chung and Meriweather.  Stop mentioning guys like Grubbs or any other of the good picks that I DIDN'T TAKE ISSUE WITH.  I didn't say all of Newsome's picks sucked.  Maybe you are the one that needs to work on your reading comprehension.  Are you this f'ing stupid or are you just tired of being embarrassed with facts?  "Debating" you is like debating a 5 year old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Are you this f'ing stupid...

RESPONSE: I must be, after wasting about an hour of my time trying to educate and inform the likes of you.

"Debating" you is like debating a 5 year old.

RESPONSE: I suspect that you have a great deal of experience in that arena...and that you're very good at it. Stop embarrassing yourself, and stick with debating 5 year olds, son.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How another "BB is a bad GM" thread could last this long only illustrates just how clueless and entitled a certain percentage of our fanbase can be, and is an utter embarrassment and stain on the rest of us.

Again I ask the obvious question, how can someone be an overwhelming success and be terrible at the same time?  

The answer; they can't.

Please don't be a knob and continue to perpetuate this trash...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

"Debating" you is like debating a 5 year old.

RESPONSE: Hey, pcmIV, don't despair, I think I found another 5 year old for you to debate with!! Here's the text of his last post:

"We tried to off a lockout with no camp and Brady messed that up with Welkie, didn't they?

Just think, Brady's obsessive friendship with Welker may have ruined the start of a new dynasty.

I've done the research, too, Diapers. There aren't many teams who have the volume of All Pro or VERY good players on a roster like we do since 2010.

Go do the research for yourself, smelly."

I think he goes by the name of "Rusty".

LOL!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

How another "BB is a bad GM" thread could last this long only illustrates just how clueless and entitled a certain percentage of our fanbase can be, and is an utter embarrassment and stain on the rest of us.

Again I ask the obvious question, how can someone be an overwhelming success and be terrible at the same time?  

The answer; they can't.

Well Wozzy, the answer is simple; Tom Brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

The answer; they can't.

Well Wozzy, the answer is simple; Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Bill Belichick drafted Tom Brady you nimwit...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Just thought I'd stick a dagger in this stinkhole of a thread... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LMAO more fluff from Tex.  Still unable to respond to the facts I see.  Keep getting owned you worthless troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hey Tex remember that time you said Tavares Gooden was a good draft pick?  Was it the 60 tackles, no picks, no sacks and no FF he recorded over 3 seasons that made him a good player?  What about the "huge" 700k contract he signed with the 9ers?  LMAO @ U.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey Tex remember that time you said Tavares Gooden was a good draft pick?  Was it the 60 tackles, no picks, no sacks and no FF he recorded over 3 seasons that made him a good player?  What about the "huge" 700k contract he signed with the 9ers?  LMAO @ U.

He's still in the NFL, isn't he? That's more than I can say for former top 100 picks Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, and Ron Brace. 

Really son...it's time to get back to the 5 year olds. Have you debated with Rusty yet??

LOL!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He's still in the NFL, isn't he? That's more than I can say for former top 100 picks Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, and Ron Brace. 

Really son...it's time to get back to the 5 year olds. Have you debated with Rusty yet??

LOL!!! 

So is Chung.  So is Meriweather.  So is Darius Butler.  Amusingly so is Brace AND McKenzie.  Are all of those guys good picks too?  More lack of facts in your posts.  I sense a pattern.  LMAO @ U.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

My opinion of the Patriots' ability to pick defensive backfield players has gone up a bit in the past two years with their discovery of McCourty, Dennard and maybe Kyle Arrington. 

Really? McCourty is a 1st round pick that is a FAIL at the position he was drafted for. Dennard was a problem child that slipped badly from the upper rounds because of his criminal activity. And Arrington is about as meh as they come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!!! 

[/QUOTE]

McKenzie and Brace are both in the NFL.  They play for the Vikings and Redskins, respectively...