Belichick with proof over incorrect non-call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Belichick with proof over incorrect non-call

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but there is an article by Mike Reiss on ESPN about how Belichick pulled up a clip of a 2009 Detroit-Cleveland game today at the start of team meetings. With 8 seconds left in that game, Stafford threw a desperate 30-yard heave into the end zone and was intercepted by a Browns defender. However, there was pushing by a Cleveland defender against a Lions receiver on the back line of the end zone. The ball is intercepted about 5 yards into the end zone, so the ball could have very well been deemed "uncatchable", probably more so than the one to Gronk on Monday night. But...refs throw flags, pass intereference in the end zone, ball on the 1 for Detroit. Detroit scores. Game over. 

I can't seem to recall the officials having to defend their PI call on that particular play. In fact, I'm fairly sure that everybody accepted that PI penalty as a given. Refs definitely messed up on Monday night. Take a look for yourself:

http://youtu.be/0EG9OYbZEbE?t=5m10s

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Belichick with proof over incorrect non-call

Well, the fix wasn't in on that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Just more support for my position that you are far more likely to get these calls at home than you are on the road.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just more support for my position that you are far more likely to get these calls at home than you are on the road.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but that really shouldn't be the case. Pro refs shouldn't be influenced by the crowd. Completely unprofessional.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think few would refute that the Pats got jobbed.  Unfortunaely, there is little to be done about it at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think few would refute that the Pats got jobbed.  Unfortunaely, there is little to be done about it at this point.

[/QUOTE]

The majority would probably agree that picking up the flag was a mistake, but I think there is a significant few who would disagree, namely the officals and the officiating committee.

Yeah I know there is nothing to be done about the outcome of the game. My concern is that the officials can't take responsibility and keep defending their call. That has the potential to impact future games if refs are going to be stubborn and use this as a precedent for future PI penalties.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Nothing we can do and I am getting a bit tired of hearing about it and reading about it and watching it on tv over and over again.  Bad call!  Pats should have won the game, no doubt they would have scored from the 1 with the game on the line.

Refs made a mistake.  Bad call! But it is time to turn the page on this and move on. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree. Nothing we can do and I am getting a bit tired of hearing about it and reading about it and watching it on tv over and over again.  Bad call!  Pats should have won the game, no doubt they would have scored from the 1 with the game on the line.

Refs made a mistake.  Bad call! But it is time to turn the page on this and move on. 

[/QUOTE] After the game I ranted and raved about the crooked refs doing their best impersonations of the WWE refs in a big match, the difference is the WWE Refs don't get that extra wad of cash that the NFL refs find in a bag in their locker after such a ludicrious call/non call... Cie 'est La vie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think throwing the flag and picking it up is much worse than not throwing it at all. 

the official has a natural reluctance to pull that flag out on the last play of the game.  But he was the guy looking DIRECTLY AT IT .  (probably knowing all the precedents like in this video in detroit...as well)

So throwing that flag means it was obvious, blatant, textbook interference.  Couldn't not call it. (unless you fabricate rulings like bllandino)...  and the officials with a different irrelevant view who REALLY had an unnatural reluctance to throw the flag intercede.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Just curious why Belichick showed the video at a meeting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just curious why Belichick showed the video at a meeting.

[/QUOTE] BB showed the video to show his players just how crooked and biased these Refs are told to be. with a weak arm strip also he was trying to let them know not to let the Refs make the decision, win the dam game by outscoring your opponent, and quit dropping the ball in the red zone Ridley. Ridley doesn't fumble the Patriots don't need a TD to win! I like the guy but were I BB he doesn't play against any team in the first quarter. That should be Blounts job, he doesn't let someone strip him and at 255 lbs the LB's aren't rushing in too tackle him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nor was it in on that Cannon leg whip that took out the Panther's best defensive player. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you should start seven more threads on the same subject, the dozen or so that we already have are certainly not enough.

[/QUOTE]

but all of your 20 posts seem to be responding to it..........trolling

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

interesting article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/21/belichick-shows-team-2009-play-but-not-2010-play/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Going to copy and paste that on all the threads UD6.........? what point are you trying to make? Don't like the fact that Pats fans don't like the call? Move on .......Pats are playing the Broncos this week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nor was it in on that Cannon leg whip that took out the Panther's best defensive player. 

[/QUOTE]

Didn't that player return later in the game?  Besides, if the player hadn't got hurt on the play, we probably would have never known about that leg whip.  I would have to think, in many games, as a lineman goes down they throw out there legs in at attempt to block further progress by the d lineman without incident.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Clever to show the film to team.  Can be used every which way to validate Patiots play and to motivate.  

NFL- no excuse for the refs calling back the flag. None. Zip. Nada. Refs on notice. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree ATJ...  the result of the game will not change.  Overall, this board TRULY needs to move on from this call.

Last point - it is nice to see a fairly decent majority of fans think this call was BS and only haters, really, felt it was a good non-call.  If any team other than the Pats, we probably would have seen 100% support for this being a BS call.

So, what about the Broncos?  Will the D stand-up to the Bronco offense?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My GOD! LET IT GO ALREADY!!

Tuck Rule-Spygate -lets call it a draw and move on!!!!

[/QUOTE]

thought you were leaving the pity party.......don't you have some work to do Leon?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My GOD! LET IT GO ALREADY!!

Tuck Rule-Spygate -lets call it a draw and move on!!!!

[/QUOTE]

thought you were leaving the pity party.......don't you have some work to do Leon?

[/QUOTE]

It's his excuse for when people point out how dumb he looks and he does not know how to reply.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Probably seems like we've been addressing the refs bothched call forever. In reality it's only been not quite three days. For the refs to interfere when the game was on the line is a big deal. The delay of their explanation and then the convulted excuse for the explanation on why at least a holding call wasn't called- heaped more insult to injury.  And the fact that BB dug out a very similar game situation where the right call was made to show the team yesterday was telling. I think it was good for the team and a middle finger to the refs who called back the flag if not the leauge who are incapable of saying the refs screwed up.

Broncos/Pats is a big game.  I'm sure the team is focused on preparation.  I see no problem with discussing more than one game. Monday night has gone by- Sunday night is coming up. Chewing gum and walking at the same time is possible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

darwk.. good points.   Hard to believe it has only been three days.  Also, the talking media on TV has yet to mention this today.  They, apparently, are past it as are the Patriots.  They have bigger fish to fry, or is that horse meat to barbeque?

Internet media is different and all these camera angles we are seeing about this play just adds insult to injury as to how anyone can come to the conclusion no penalty of any type should have been called in that instance.  Oh, well.. life goes on!