Belichick's role in the offensive game plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Belichick's role in the offensive game plan

We've had discussions in the past about the level of BB's involvement in the offensive game plan, with some claiming the offensive coordinators make many of the key decisions about game plan and personnel.  In light of that, I thought these comments from McDaniels were enlightening. 

Q: What are some of the factors that have led to Kenbrell Thompkins' reduced time on the field?

JM: I think really that, each week there are so many things that go into a game plan and so many decisions that are made based on special teams or what packages people are using offensively or defensively or what we need to have up for the game in terms of our depth and I think that a lot of those decisions Coach [Belichick] makes and there are a lot of things that go into those. I think Kenbrell, there's been no real change in terms of what we've seen from different guys. I think everybody is working hard and contributing in practice and then whatever ends up happening at the end of the week and the way that Bill decides to go with it, it's really his choice and his decision based on how he sees the game being played. I'll leave that up to him. Like I said, everybody is contributing. Some weeks it's more receivers, some weeks it's not. Some weeks, it's a different formula at receiver. The same thing could be said for the tight ends. That's just the way this goes. We're going to continue to work with everybody and focus on getting better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Belichick's role in the offensive game plan

This is BBs offense, like the Defense

He changes game plans to the opponent each game

I think they have a game plan that Bb decides

The game calling is within these guidelines

like every team these days the HC does not call the game

Since the O is supposed  to dictate the first move BB then spends time with the D 

like in war , plans may have to be changed upon the first bullet being fired, he adjusts and coaches real time. 

the he best time to get the Pats is the first drive, it seems to me

I am sure he makes all of the strategic game calls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That has ZERO to do with in-game playcalling. And, I've always said BB wants to do whatever makes Brady comfortable like any head coach would.

Nothing see here.

[/QUOTE]

Apologize to rkarp and we will all admit your a man and not a middle school bully.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The NFL Network Football life of Bill Belichick clearly showed Belichick being involved in the offense game plans.

You are fooling yourself if Bill is not involved with this.  Let's make no mistake about it, he is involved in everything.  He is a control freak, he has his hand in every single thing that goes on with his team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That has ZERO to do with in-game playcalling. And, I've always said BB wants to do whatever makes Brady comfortable like any head coach would.

Nothing see here.

[/QUOTE]

Apologize to rkarp and we will all admit your a man and not a middle school bully.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. When he admits he lost our bet, I might let him know his info was somewhat accurate. He's already ben caught lying today, once.

Kelly practiced twice last week.

[/QUOTE]

Was he at practice or practicing?  There is a big difference. ..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm sure BB is involved.  He has an OC for a reason.  They probably discuss the big picture, Josh draws up a plan from that, BB approves that plan or makes changes. They see the plan in practice and again make changes. Then in game again.  So Josh may draw up 90% of the plays and make 95% of the in game calls but everything he does has been approved by Bill. And if Bill doesn't like a play call he can change that as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Thanks Prolate for that. What I would like to know, though is, we all see BB with the Headphones on.

Who or whom is he wired into? The O, D, QB, upstairs, collectively? How does he Q on them? There must be prior discipline arranged on the phone to stiffle too much chatter and allow just the O or D to manage the phone during the game.

I noticed with HC Payton from the Saints, he seemed all game long to be talking constantly into the phone and directing the Offense especially, He did that against the Jets as well. On the other hand Bill does little talking, takes paper notes. Just an observation.

If Brady does change up at the line, I think it's JM directing him to do it, based on the D' formations. Some think that Brady does it on his own but I don't think so. Could be that JM allows him.

Have good night

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sure BB is involved.  He has an OC for a reason.  They probably discuss the big picture, Josh draws up a plan from that, BB approves that plan or makes changes. They see the plan in practice and again make changes. Then in game again.  So Josh may draw up 90% of the plays and make 95% of the in game calls but everything he does has been approved by Bill. And if Bill doesn't like a play call he can change that as well.  

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

No, no, no. All I've read on here is how Brady runs his preferred finesse style offense to the point of it being detrimental to the team.

All while the genius, HOF head coach looks on helplessly. Bwhahahahaa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Thompkins has probably regressed, the life of a rookie, especially in a system as complex as this one.  The kid is tough, if he keeps pushing through and doing what he is supposed to he will emerge from the other side a better player for it.  If he gets down on himself he will fade, I think we'll see him again before it's all over.  You can only carry so many receivers on your game day roster...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Nothing see here.

[/QUOTE]

We've already quoted BB as saying he has the last word on every play call dum bass. So zip it. You've been owned yet again Megatool.