1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks

When the Pats needed it most, the Oline and Benny
    showed up and delvered. He is good enough to set up
    our passing and doesn't fumble. The only time we don't
    win is when we turn it over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Been through this over and over.   Its almost as bad as the bring back Moss threads. 

Green Ellis is our premier running back, he is the guy.  Riddley's doing a lot of dancing in the hole these days, looks kind of like Maroney to me, so I don't know what you are all looking at.  Riddley tweats way too much as well, what is he Ohco's beatch?  Vereen is finally getting some playing time but he's a rook and there have to be reasons why he is not seeing the field except at mop up time, like he probably hasn't been able to pick up the blitz or the offense in total.

Green Ellis....  Is anybody tougher than this guy?   He has attitude and I like it.  As long as he gains positive yardage and keeps those legs going I'm good.  I am not going to go all goo goo eyes over backs that haven't produced crap in this league and I'm not going to play patty cake like games wishing for a running back we don't have and who will probably turn out to draft busts anyway.

Finally, I hate this thread, because it's stoopid.  The PATS with the running game they have are one of the best teams in the league at 8 & 3. Despite all your stats, we do run the ball and we do it well. They are play-off bound but I know for some here that isn't good enough and it still won't be good enough for them even if we do win the Super Bowl, they'll still be here whining that Green Ellis isn't good enough.. Some fans are just tools. 

We don't need any stinking imaginary running backs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

We don't need any stinking imaginary running backs.

Dessalines

Nor their stinking badges neither.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It really doesn't matter what we think, all that matters is what Belichick thinks, and here's my best guess as to what his priorities are for a running back behind Tom Brady:

1) No fumbles
    2) Reliable blitz pick-up
    3) No negative yardage carries
    4) Effective in the red zone
    5) Effective receiver (swings, screens, dumps)
    6) Break away threat

Green-Ellis has shown that he has #1-4 covered.  Until Vareen and Ridley show that they have at least #1-2 they won't get prime time playing time.  I'm not saying they can't do it but until Belichick is convinced, we won't see it.

P.S. Prior to 2010 Kevin Faulk had #2-5 down cold.  earlier in his career he could fumble but he eventually became very reliable on #1, which is why we saw so him so frequently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Law firm has earned it the hard way. He rarely loses yards and fits the scheme well mainly with no fumbles. Is he adrian peterson? No. But until some one else emerges he is better than avg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks:
    [QUOTE]Here's something I never get: here's a guy, Belichick, who probably works 80+ hours a week prepping for the game, and you think you know better than him when it comes to putting Ridley and Vereen into the game? Get a clue.
    Posted by AlwaysTheGood[/QUOTE]

Is this you Russ?

Yes, he does log more time than any of us when it comes to prepping for games, evaluating talent, etc. And, there are lots of people, performing much more difficult jobs day in and day out, making a whole lot less than him (and more than him) that get scrutinized/questioned as well.
    It's espeically the nature of the beast when you have a high profile job, and, your shareholders expect returns, year in and year out.
    His position, and added responsibility as HC, GM, etc. of one of the league's most successful franchises over the last decade put him in a position to be scrutinized.
    Does it mean I can do a better job or think i know more?..of course not, but being a Patriots shareholder (emotionally and otherwise), gives me the right to question. That is what this board is all about genius.

Let me know when you make your 2nd post of all time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/Adrian-Peterson/4dd7544a-5210-4aad-8e05-8ffb8cd92ddd

Looking at some of these stats from Peterson. The Vikings should let him go. If you take away his big 3 games where he rushed for over 100 yards he is doing the same as BJGE, right?? I am not saying that they are in the same class at all. I just dont see Peterson rushing for 100 yards every game either. Just look at his last 3 games. Should we all sit here and say he sucks?? Should the Viking release him? I mean come on people. BJGE gives us what a player that wasnt drafted would give any team. Any NFL team out there would be happy to have him on their roster. Sorry he dont rush for 100+ yards every game. I rather have him do what he is doing now then have him losing fumbles at the 1 like most of the other RB's on the list. People just need to learn that the Patriots will never have a true RB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Perfectly said and with brevity!!In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks:
    [QUOTE]Never Fumbles, Solid Back, averaging 3.9 yards per carry..next question.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the Giants Running game has fumbled two more times in the last two drives then lawfirm has his entire career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Very happy to read all the love for BJGE!  The rest of you are just fantasy football douches.  Some of the things that lead to wins don't make it on a scorecard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, he sucks so much playing with a nagging toe injury, Lacrybabyan Tomlinson sat out PLAYOFF GAMES with the same injury. I did not see this '' he sucks '' thread last year when he rushed for 1000 yards and 13 touchdowns. Brady is on pace for 16 INT's, a career worst, does he suck too? I wish the fantasy football stat guys had their own site.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

1000 yards or 6o some odd yards per game is not tremendous. we need a better all purpose back who also can breakaway and make the d pay

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Lol, this thread is still alive?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]It really doesn't matter what we think, all that matters is what Belichick thinks, and here's my best guess as to what his priorities are for a running back behind Tom Brady: 1) No fumbles 2) Reliable blitz pick-up 3) No negative yardage carries 4) Effective in the red zone 5) Effective receiver (swings, screens, dumps) 6) Break away threat Green-Ellis has shown that he has #1-4 covered.  Until Vareen and Ridley show that they have at least #1-2 they won't get prime time playing time.  I'm not saying they can't do it but until Belichick is convinced, we won't see it. P.S. Prior to 2010 Kevin Faulk had #2-5 down cold.  earlier in his career he could fumble but he eventually became very reliable on #1, which is why we saw so him so frequently.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Haha. Excellent post! I made one (the checklist) almost exactly like it.

Anyway, it is the apparent fact of the RB situation. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : 1000 yards or 6o some odd yards per game is not tremendous. we need a better all purpose back who also can breakaway and make the d pay
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Why am I not surprised that you would join your fellow pink helmet murghkor in whining about BJGE. Niether of you know crap about football beyond your fantsy stat sheets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : 1000 yards or 6o some odd yards per game is not tremendous. we need a better all purpose back who also can breakaway and make the d pay

Because?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Here's something I never get: here's a guy, Belichick, who probably works 80+ hours a week prepping for the game, and you think you know better than him when it comes to putting Ridley and Vereen into the game? Get a clue.
    Posted by AlwaysTheGood[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and he also messes up many times. I'm not saying that other coaches don't. BB is the best in the business. But it doesn't mean he's infalliable. And it doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about it when he messes up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : Yeah, and he also messes up many times. I'm not saying that other coaches don't. BB is the best in the business. But it doesn't mean he's infalliable. And it doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about it when he messes up. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Eternally grateful that your opinion as to whether BB is messing up or not, means absolutely nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Patriots won 2 SB's with Antowain Smith and a less developed passing attack.  The O is good enough to win a SB.  The Patriots do not need an all-pro RB.  BJGE doesn't fumble.  He isn't a gamebreaker, but he keeps the ball in TB's hands.  The Patriots can win a SB with him and to me that is good enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

He is a good back that any team want.  He cannot be like Adrian Peterson or Matt Forte.  But he is a good back and that is all the Pats need since the Pats is using more air attack with Tom arms and rushing.
    In Response to Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks:
    [QUOTE]I often see criticisms here that the Patriots don't rush enough. Which would imply that since most teams are defending the pass, our runners would be killing it. Here you go. Yards per rush attempt. BJGE ranks 31st of those with atleast 50 attempts. He sucks.  Maybe the reason we don't run as much is we have no decent runners (or atleast Ridley and Vereen are not ready yet or something). http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt   RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN 1 Michael Vick , QB PHI 65 535 8.2 53 5 0 59.4 6 26 2 DeMarco Murray , RB DAL 147 834 5.7 91 7 2 75.8 1 38 3 Ben Tate , RB HOU 122 686 5.6 27 4 3 76.2 3 38 4 Fred Jackson , RB BUF 170 934 5.5 80 10 6 93.4 2 40 5 Darren McFadden , RB OAK 113 614 5.4 70 8 4 87.7 1 23 6 LeSean McCoy , RB PHI 188 1,019 5.4 60 11 10 101.9 0 60 7 Cam Newton , QB CAR 77 411 5.3 26 3 9 41.1 2 29 8 DeAngelo Williams , RB CAR 93 471 5.1 69 6 1 47.1 0 19 9 Matt Forte , RB CHI 186 926 5.0 46 11 3 92.6 1 38 10 Steven Jackson , RB STL 155 749 4.8 47 5 4 83.2 1 32 RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN 11 Willis McGahee , RB DEN 139 658 4.7 60 5 3 73.1 2 30 12 Pierre Thomas , RB NO 72 340 4.7 33 2 2 34.0 1 14 13 Adrian Peterson , RB MIN 186 872 4.7 54 6 11 87.2 1 45 14 Dexter McCluster , WR KC 72 336 4.7 24 2 0 33.6 1 20 15 Jahvid Best , RB DET 84 390 4.6 88 2 2 65.0 0 15 16 Jackie Battle , RB KC 95 436 4.6 34 3 1 43.6 0 18 17 LeGarrette Blount , RB TB 118 541 4.6 54 4 4 67.6 1 20 18 James Starks , RB GB 124 560 4.5 40 5 1 50.9 1 31 19 Jonathan Stewart , RB CAR 83 372 4.5 29 2 2 37.2 1 25 20 Frank Gore , RB SF 203 909 4.5 55 8 5 82.6 2 39 RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN 21 Ryan Mathews , RB SD 130 580 4.5 36 4 3 64.4 4 25 22 Michael Turner , RB ATL 200 888 4.4 61 9 8 88.8 3 43 23 Maurice Jones-Drew , RB JAC 212 941 4.4 41 5 5 94.1 3 47 24 Arian Foster , RB HOU 171 740 4.3 42 3 6 92.5 0 35 25 Kendall Hunter , RB SF 69 298 4.3 44 2 2 27.1 0 14 26 Michael Bush , RB OAK 139 599 4.3 44 5 5 59.9 1 33 27 Reggie Bush , RB MIA 133 567 4.3 36 4 4 51.5 3 23 28 Chris Ogbonnaya , RB CLE/HOU 70 291 4.2 40 2 1 41.6 2 10 29 Ray Rice , RB BAL 179 722 4.0 59 4 8 65.6 1 26 30 Beanie Wells , RB ARI 154 621 4.0 39 3 7 69.0 3 31 RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN 31 BenJarvus Green-Ellis , RB NE 136 541 4.0 18 0 5 54.1 0 30 32 Ahmad Bradshaw , RB NYG 111 440 4.0 37 2 5 62.9 0 29 33 Mike Tolbert , RB SD 76 296 3.9 29 1 4 32.9 1 17 34 Delone Carter , RB IND 84 327 3.9 42 2 2 32.7 2 15 35 Shonn Greene , RB NYJ 148 573 3.9 24 2 2 57.3 1 26 36 Isaac Redman , RB PIT 64 245 3.8 20 1 1 24.5 0 16 37 Tim Hightower , RB WSH 84 321 3.8 22 2 1 64.2 0 13 38 Marshawn Lynch , RB SEA 156 595 3.8 47 3 6 66.1 3 33 39 Rashard Mendenhall , RB PIT 136 517 3.8 68 2 6 57.4 1 24 40 Cedric Benson , RB CIN 167 634 3.8 39 2 4 70.4 0 31
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots won 2 SB's with Antowain Smith and a less developed passing attack.  The O is good enough to win a SB.  The Patriots do not need an all-pro RB.  BJGE doesn't fumble.  He isn't a gamebreaker, but he keeps the ball in TB's hands.  The Patriots can win a SB with him and to me that is good enough.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

The Patriots can't afford to pay an all pro running back. The money is better used to address other short comings. Don't tell the pink hat fantasy whiners that though it's too much like reality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : The Patriots can't afford to pay an all pro running back. The money is better used to address other short comings. Don't tell the pink hat fantasy whiners that though it's too much like reality.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

save your pink hat nonsense. if either of you knew any football youd understand. since you dont, it might be the smart thing to say less and read more (ie listen more).

without a back who can make you pay with big runs(u dont need the all pro) or a wideout who can catch the ball outside the #s

1. defenses dont have to play the run and can key on (and hello, more easily stop the pass-have you watched the pats in the playoffs?)

2. better defenses can simply clog up the short and middle routes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : save your pink hat nonsense. if either of you knew any football youd understand. since you dont, it might be the smart thing to say less and read more (ie listen more). without a back who can make you pay with big runs(u dont need the all pro) or a wideout who can catch the ball outside the #s 1. defenses dont have to play the run and can key on (and hello, more easily stop the pass-have you watched the pats in the playoffs?) 2. better defenses can simply clog up the short and middle routes.

Listen fool. You and the other clueless whiners should start a club where you can get together and whine about how every player on the team isn't in the pro bowl. You're team should be the Colts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : Listen fool. You and the other clueless whiners should start a club where you can get together and whine about how every player on the team isn't in the pro bowl. You're team should be the Colts.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

I think Bill Belichick himself would agree with what brdbreu said, after all he did select not one, but two backs early in last years draft...you think he did that because he likes just randomly selecting guys?

Why don't you join a club where you can glamorize every player on this team? You can decorate your house with Sergio Brown jersey's and Taylor Price posters (oh that's right he was hall of fame worthy until Bill pulled the cord on that last night).

People come on here to express an opinion - not just to tilt their heads back and allow kool-aid to be pumped down their throat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Green Ellis is OK, he does some things well, maybe even above average but he is not the future unless he improves. He's the only RB in the top 32 without a run of 20+ yards, everyone else has at Least 2 most have 4 or 5. There's also only 2 RBs with as many carries as he has who don't have a fumble. You want a RB to 1. make good runs. 2. Catch out of the backfield. 3 pick up blitzes. 4 Not turn the ball over. Hell do for now but they are going to look for a way to improve like they do in all positions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Green Ellis is OK, he does some things well, maybe even above average but he is not the future unless he improves. He's the only RB in the top 32 without a run of 20+ yards, everyone else has at Least 2 most have 4 or 5. There's also only 2 RBs with as many carries as he has who don't have a fumble. You want a RB to 1. make good runs. 2. Catch out of the backfield. 3 pick up blitzes. 4 Not turn the ball over. Hell do for now but they are going to look for a way to improve like they do in all positions.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    I agree. It's not like the guy is terrible, it's just that he's limited in what he can do. In my opinion he'd be an excellent backup - a guy that could fill in for a couple of weeks - or come in for 5-7 carries a game to give the starter a break.