Ben Roethlisberger says Tom Brady's "The Best"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ben Roethlisberger says Tom Brady's "The Best"

Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole article from ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898748/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-quarterback-nfl

Tom Brady is in the midst of his worst statistical season since becoming the New England Patriots' starting quarterback more than a decade ago.

But the quarterback who will play opposite Brady on Sunday said the two-time MVP still is the standard when it comes to NFL quarterbacks.

"To me, he's the best quarterback in the league and he's done it for a long time," Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan during his weekly radio show.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Ben Roethlisberger says Tom Brady's

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898748/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-quarterback-nfl

Tom Brady is in the midst of his worst statistical season since becoming the New England Patriots' starting quarterback more than a decade ago.

But the quarterback who will play opposite Brady on Sunday said the two-time MVP still is the standard when it comes to NFL quarterbacks.

"To me, he's the best quarterback in the league and he's done it for a long time," Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan during his weekly radio show.

[/QUOTE]

Taking a page out of BBs book which is to always praise your  opponent.  Simple.  Last time they faced each other Rothleburger won in 2011.

really meaningless commentary. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Some folks are judging Brady on his stats for this year alone, it seems.  EVERYONE on the team is having a tough season as nothing much is clicking consistently and the injuries keep happening.  As long as the Ws keep coming, who are we to "whine"?

I'll echo what many talking heads are saying about the Pats and Brady.. what other team could do this much with so much less than the prior season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

well if a multiple time rapist says it, it must be so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some folks are judging Brady on his stats for this year alone, it seems.  EVERYONE on the team is having a tough season as nothing much is clicking consistently and the injuries keep happening.  As long as the Ws keep coming, who are we to "whine"?

I'll echo what many talking heads are saying about the Pats and Brady.. what other team could do this much with so much less than the prior season?

[/QUOTE]

I'm hopeful they can put it together but the reality is disturbing.  Everthing you say has a flipside view.  Like "Do much with less...? "   Reality is LESS and LESS.  You could say that week 1 but not now.  This team is really struggling to find identity and consistency.  There is a major flaw that everyone is missing,  and its hard to put your finger on.

The close and gritty wins can pay off as long as they get stronger and better with new blood in there.  This offense led by MCD is just an enigma with no real strategy that you can hang your hat on .  Maybe thats good since it should appear that way to DCs who are trying to design how to stop it.

There you go....  Patriots #1 offense in not showing your future opponents anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Big Ben speaks the truth this time

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Taking a page out of BBs book which is to always praise your  opponent.  Simple.  Last time they faced each other Rothleburger won in 2011.

[/QUOTE]

This isn't BB talking up Jacksonville or some other garbage team, just for the sake of doing so... he said it for a reason and the facts support it.

TB has owned Pittsburgh over his career to the tune of 6-2 (including the playoffs) with a QB rating over 100, a 16-3 TD/INT ratio and a completion up over 68% and Pitt was consistently one of the best defenses in the NFL from 2001-2011.

His #'s are down this season for mulitple reasons (injuries, a murderer, free agency, roster youth and inaccuracy), but they're 6-2 and the respect that he gets from his peers is well deserved and not meaningless at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This isn't BB talking up Jacksonville or some other garbage team, just for the sake of doing so... he said it for a reason and the facts support it.

TB has owned Pittsburgh over his career to the tune of 6-2 (including the playoffs) with a QB rating over 100, a 16-3 TD/INT ratio and a completion up over 68% and Pitt was consistently one of the best defenses in the NFL from 2001-2011.

His #'s are down this season for mulitple reasons (injuries, a murderer, free agency, roster youth and inaccuracy), but they're 6-2 and the respect that he gets from his peers is well deserved and not meaningless at all.

[/QUOTE]

pats lost last time and they are 2-2 in their last 4 games.  .... 27-17 was the score in 2011, I believe.  BTW,   don't bring up career records vs teams.  Gotta be the most meaningless stat.   Like 2002 playoff game means anything now.   Another page from the BB book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm hopeful they can put it together but the reality is disturbing.  Everthing you say has a flipside view.  Like "Do much with less...? "   Reality is LESS and LESS.  You could say that week 1 but not now.  This team is really struggling to find identity and consistency.  There is a major flaw that everyone is missing,  and its hard to put your finger on.

The close and gritty wins can pay off as long as they get stronger and better with new blood in there.  This offense led by MCD is just an enigma with no real strategy that you can hang your hat on .  Maybe thats good since it should appear that way to DCs who are trying to design how to stop it.

There you go....  Patriots #1 offense in not showing your future opponents anything.

[/QUOTE]

That is the way the Pats won their three Superbowls. They didn't show anybody anything till they played them and then they only showed enough to win. There were no blowouts unless the D scored multiple times.

I think the major flaw that nobody can put their finger on is the expectation that really good football teams MUST blowout their opponents every game and MUST have all the skill players at the top of the league on the stats page every week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll!  Why don't you go back to your jets forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

To be fair to Brady he can't be blamed entirely for his stats so far this year. Having an entire new crop of receivers to work with does not help his situation any. That being said this team is still sitting among the top teir of teams in the league even with the massive turnover of the recieving corps and the injuries that are decimating the team right now and Brady has something to do with that. He will have to start playing like the best though if we are to have any hope of being a serious contender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  I guess we've been spoiled to a certain extent with Brady and I'll be the first to admit that I'm at a loss to explain how this team is 6-2. They've looked pretty bad whenever I've had the chance to watch them but I guess ugly wins count just as much as blowouts. I look around the league and I simply don't see a team I think the Pats' best game can't beat. The problem is that I don't really know what New England's best game is. Maybe we've already seen it and the rest of the schedule will awaken our worst nightmares . . .  or maybe cohesion is coming and we just can't see it yet. I have no compelling reason to believe or disbelieve either one.

I expect a certain kind of fan will have troulbe understanding this, but it's kind of refreshing to not know what I'm going to see from week to week.

As to what one quarterback has to say about another . . .   who really cares.

Roethilisberger is -- to be kind -- an ultimate deuschebag. I don't give a jolly god damn what he thinks about anything.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think there are many many players in the NFL that consider him to be the best. They have been on the losing side against him and that list is very long. I've seen defenses do almost everything right against him,yet they still lost against him in the end...that's not easy to do. I have watched Tom win in just about every way imaginable...he's pretty special...his accuracy (historically) has got to be the most consistent (and great) I've ever seen. I've watched this guy throw balls through the wind, snow, rain and sleet...Manning couldn't do that. Tom is the best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .  I guess we've been spoiled to a certain extent with Brady and I'll be the first to admit that I'm at a loss to explain how this team is 6-2. They've looked pretty bad whenever I've had the chance to watch them but I guess ugly wins count just as much as blowouts. I look around the league and I simply don't see a team I think the Pats' best game can't beat. The problem is that I don't really know what New England's best game is. Maybe we've already seen it and the rest of the schedule will awaken our worst nightmares . . .  or maybe cohesion is coming and we just can't see it yet. I have no compelling reason to believe or disbelieve either one.

I expect a certain kind of fan will have troulbe understanding this, but it's kind of refreshing to not know what I'm going to see from week to week.

As to what one quarterback has to say about another . . .   who really cares.

Roethilisberger is -- to be kind -- an ultimate deuschebag. I don't give a jolly god damn what he thinks about anything.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

P-Mike...  harken back to the 2001 season and how all felt about the Pats prospects back then.  They did not look like a juggernaut team at that time and kept grinding out wins.  Too many here are looking for that "juggernaut" and lacking that, do not have too much faith in the team.  Hence, these nervous nannies posting.  Just got to keep accepting the wins because the record does not measure wins as being pretty or ugly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The point is well-taken bill . . .   but then again, I would agree with just about anyone who encourages me to "harken."

Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

pats lost last time and they are 2-2 in their last 4 games.  .... 27-17 was the score in 2011, I believe.  BTW,   don't bring up career records vs teams.  Gotta be the most meaningless stat.   Like 2002 playoff game means anything now.   Another page from the BB book.

[/QUOTE]

Dead wrong. MB already told you why. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll!  Why don't you go back to your jets forum.

[/QUOTE]

Rico anyone who has been on this forum knows I am a diehard Pats fan! stop trying so hard to fit in, your making yourslef look stupid!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dead wrong. MB already told you why. 

[/QUOTE]

How about putting it in your own words...?  Everything in the post is fact... As in reality. . Deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Also I'm tired of "harkening back."  it's  2013.  There is no connection other than Brady to that team and BB.  Any similarity is just that , similar but but there is no real connection , no formula,  other than desperation.

What there are there is a lot of major differences.  Like Charlie Weis v. Josh MCD for instance, not to mention the entire roster.

sorry to be the one to pick apart these posts but this team has put me in an argumentative mood.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus, Ben props himself up over Rodgers, Brees and Manning in the process when he says it's "only about rings".

Team sport.  Eli, Ben, etc, are not HOFers.  

[/QUOTE]

Hard to project the voting on those guys...  Ben probly not because of the legal crap.  I could see Eli because of deuchebag NY media but definitely not on total body of work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Also I'm tired of "harkening back."  it's  2013.  There is no connection other than Brady to that team and BB.  Any similarity is just that , similar but but there is no real connection , no formula,  other than desperation.

What there are there is a lot of major differences.  Like Charlie Weis v. Josh MCD for instance, not to mention the entire roster.

sorry to be the one to pick apart these posts but this team has put me in an argumentative mood.

Yeah 13 year coaches and QB's of the same system don't have much to do with a teams identity. Not to mention McDaniels learned under Weiss, and BB. 

Furthermore as I stated, MB already showed you why are wrong but you ignored what he said and tried to spin by suggesting the Pats are "2-2" in their last 2 games against PITT. Well the point of order is that Big ben said Brady was the best ever and you dismissed it as regular pre game jargon....Too bad Brady didn't even play in the 2nd loss against Pitt, Matt Cassel did, and Brady is 6-2 against bens steelers, with the 2 losses coming in 2011 and 2004.

So not only was your point of view ignorant for suggesting a 2x SB champion like Ben Rapistburger wouldn't be true in his compliment to fellow 3x SB winning champion Tom Brady(who has owned him), but the "facts" you try and used to support your agenda driven argument were actually absolute BS.

Hope you learned something here today......but I doubt it, cheers.