Ben Tate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Ben Tate?

Could the Pats trade a 1st rounder to Houston for Tate?

Then: 

Sign Welker for 3 yrs/ $25-27M.  Sign Lloyd for $6-7M.

Or if Welker won't sign.  Trade him for a 1st and flip it for Wallace.  The money would be close and you still have a first in the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Ben Tate?

WHat? Trade a 1st rder for  4th rder from 2 years ago to a cash strapped Texans club?

Are you kidding me?

Why would a 1st pick to Houston for Tate clear cap space for us to sign Welker AND Lloyd?

None of what you just wrote make sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

I dont care that he was a 4th rounder 2 years ago.   The kid is pretty good and has the best years in front of him.  Maybe a 1st is too steep but i would give up a 2nd in a heartbeat.    

What doesn't make sense?  Offer Welker a 3yr deal for between 8-9M per.  Sign Lloyd for 1 yr at 6-7M.

If Welker doesn't sign use a 1st to pry Wallace out of Pittsburgh and sign him the the same deal you offered Welker.

If you sign Wallace there is no need for Lloyd and you can spend cheaper money to replace Welker with Amendola or Gonzalez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with Rusty on this one. I'm not sending a 1st to Hou for Tate, just won't happen

First if they wanted Tate that bad they could have drafted him last year. Second He's still very young and cheap why would Hou give him up? Makes no sense for a cash strapped Hou to give up an extremely cost effective and productive player.

BTW Rusty Ben Tate was a 2nd round pick not a 4th.

As with trading Welker for Wallace essentially. The numbers you gave for Welker won't even be close to what Wallace is going to look for. Wallace and V Jax were considered 1A and 1B for the best WR's on the market this year. Wallace is also younger then V Jax so if you want Wallace you are talking a deal that is at least comparable to V Jax. That's a much larger deal then what you purposed for Welker. Sorry to crush your dreams but Wallace money and Welker money (from the example you gave) are completely different both in terms of guaranteed cash, years, and average base per year.

But it's not bad outside the box thinking. I think your figure on Lloyd might be about right

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

I think Tate would be a good fit here.  Houston already turned down the Browns on Tate and said they wouldn't even consider it unless a 1st was involved.  Might be a dream i know.

i just think Welker is going to hold out.  We'll see.  If he holds out and the Pats dont address the WR position, that takes away a huge portion of the offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Tate was around two years ago, I actually drafted him in a fantasy league, but he broke his leg during the preseason. I picked up his backup - Arian Foster (who no one had heard of), which pretty much gave me the league...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

boy you dunb cuz that aint in nobody dreams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Tate?:
    [QUOTE]I think Tate would be a good fit here.  Houston already turned down the Browns on Tate and said they wouldn't even consider it unless a 1st was involved.  Might be a dream i know. i just think Welker is going to hold out.  We'll see.  If he holds out and the Pats dont address the WR position, that takes away a huge portion of the offense.
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

Dude, I liked Tate and had him in a mock in 2010. 4th rd, I believe, but he went a little early IMO. Liked him a lot. But, you don't trade a 1st rd pick for him, you just use one in the draft in April.

Your proposal makes no sense in terms of market value or in monetary value.

Also, Tate is Foster's back up and has battled injuries at times.

Finally, 1st rd picks have increased value now more than ever before due to the rookie cap.

No way Ben Tate is worth that. I'd deal a 1st, a 2nd and Woodhead to Jax for Maurice Jones Drew right now, however.

Extend MJD after 2012, let Welker walk or tag and trade Welker right now, calling his bluff.

Trading Welker returns your 1st rd pick that you would use for MJ Drew.

We ween Brady off his addiction with this move, avoid over-paying Welker, and still control the draft.

Translation? Slam dunk AFC East champs, likely AFC favorites and a return to the SB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

atta boy rusty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Ben Tate?:
    [QUOTE]Could the Pats trade a 1st rounder to Houston for Tate? Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

No thanks

11. This post has been removed.