Ben Watson Catch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ben Watson Catch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHamyiYGCo

Of course he would do something like this AFTER leaving New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Ben Watson Catch

Don't worry, he'll be dropping plenty of passes this season ... and fumbling ... and causing others on his team to fumble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It's not like he never made a good catch.  In fact, didn't he start off last season with a couple real nice plays?  I forget what games, but I remember us talking about them and thinking he was going to have a great year in his "contract year".

We all know that he soon settled into his old self and gave us a very ordinary season.  Someone (I think Killa?) pointed out once that he might do well in another scheme though.  Can't rule that out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He caught a few good passes against the Bills last year. Don't worry, he'll start dropping them left and right once the season starts as mighty stated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

probably used that stickem stuff that Clifford Franklin in The Replacements used.

"Now you know this don't look natural Coach. now you know it don't... I look like I just jacked off an elephant."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

The football's like a one-man cold to Benjamin Watson. Benjamin Watson's the only man catchin' it, Benjamin Watson's the only man comin' down wid it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This was exactly the problem with Watson.

He would show you flashes of brilliance and make you belive that he could blossom into a game-changer.

Then he would do something infuriating, like knocking the ball out of his own hands.

He could very well blossom in Cleveland. Stranger things have happened.

I can't think of one right now . . .

but you never know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The guy will always live in my Patriots lore running down Champ Bailey in denver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'll keep what we got.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Watson Catch:
    [QUOTE]The guy will always live in my Patriots lore running down Champ Bailey in denver.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

AMEN.  Me, too.  Just stunning.  How do you have that kind of speed, and amount to nothing?  Nice guy, though, no issues with him other than no production.  I always wondered why we didn't throw to him more.  Last year pretty much everyone was dropping passes, I assumed because Brady was throwing them off a bit.  Oh, well,  its 2010 now.  I hope he does ok this year with whoever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think Watson's down fall was his hold out. then he came back and got hurt. He never seemed right from that point on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

for what watson was going to make... the pats got 3 TE's that all look like they can play...   seems like a pretty good move..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Yea, Wasn't THIS his last in his last game in a New England Patriots's Uniform?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwQb4cR_Uw

Sheez...WHY didn't we THROW ta him MORE!?! When he wasn't running simply awful pass-routes, Watson would DO this every dang third time he'd get his hands On the Ball... 
         Wrong Route; Dropped Pass; Great Catch; Bounce ball off hands & Sky-High in the air for ANY Defender around; REPEAT, Repeat, Repeat...
         Hate bein' hard on a "nice person", and even a good teammate, But every st#pid year-I'd say to myself, "Yup, THIS is the year Ben Watsons's Finally pays off...".   Year after year, SEE Above steps. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Actually Watson made a lot of tough and nice catches here in New England. The problem was that once in a while out of no where he would drop the easy ones at the most inopportune times.

I also think someone in the org did not have the most confidence in him because he did not get thrown to much except the year we were short on quality receivers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That indeed was a Terrific catch for a TD.  Good Luck to him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

People dogged Watson because of the expectations they placed on him.

He was an average to good tight end overall, but people (including me) saw potential greatness and that is why he failed in our eyes.  He made some great plays here.

Besides running down champ bailey, who remembers that moster game he had way back against jacksonville when he broke 3 tackles and ran 50 yards for a TD?  Think back and u might remember it. 

He had those 2 great TD catches vs, the bills last year.  He was always a decent blocker.

he just wasn't what we thought he was going to be. he dropped too many passes and dissapeared in many games and was constantly injurred.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Nice guy, great catch, good for him. I wish Ben all the best and hope all works out well for him. We have moved on and I think everyone is excited about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Fuuny for a guy that had alot of skills, Brady didn't look his way too much. Or he did look his way and he wasn't where he was supposed to be. God I got sick of waiting for this guy to break out, I don't believe he has the mental or physical toughness to ever sustain over a 16 game season.