Benjamin Watson- A KEEPER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Benjamin Watson- A KEEPER

Hi Fans,
    This Guy should be a lifer with the Pats in my opinion. When your QB doesn't have to  count to 84, then you won't get many balls thrown at you. but this player has been great  
     Taking his role as a blocker, when he probably is more a catcher.
     I REMEMBER HIM RUNNING DOWN CHAMP BAILEY IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME A FEW YEARS AGO. And if the call had been made correctly, the Pats should have retained possession and gotten the Victory!! Nut too many Hustlers like that around. I saw Deion Branch do that for Seattle on a fumble strip in his first year out here. also.
     Keep Ben Watson!
    Go Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Re: Benjamin Watson- A KEEPER

Good Psot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Benjamin Watson- A KEEPER:
    Good Psot
    Posted by DavidSeattle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He is replaceable.  BB does not use him anyways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

woops, I thought this thread was called "Watson a Bee Keeper."  That...that to me made somewhat more sense, but I'm not sure if it's because I was initially pretty psyched about hoping to get some wacky snippet on what makes the honeybee really tick...I expected at the bare minimum, 1 or 2 Bee puns to store away and finally shell out with exact timing, to leave some swanky after dinner jubilee gasping for more and talking with prestiged awe about me when I turn away.  Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with my bread and butter-superior armpit noises and well-cultivated racial jokes.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I want some of what you are obviously smoking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

a keeper at the zoo for the ducks..............because he is a lamb duck......who drops pass's , is constantly hurt and never lived up to his potential..........let me go

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

woops, I thought this thread was called "Watson a Bee Keeper."  That...that to me made somewhat more sense, but I'm not sure if it's because I was initially pretty psyched about hoping to get some wacky snippet on what makes the honeybee really tick...I expected at the bare minimum, 1 or 2 Bee puns to store away and finally shell out with exact timing, to leave some swanky after dinner jubilee gasping for more and talking with prestiged awe about me when I turn away.  Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with my bread and butter-superior armpit noises and well-cultivated racial jokes.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium
    If you were trying to be funny then you were. I find racial jokes are best when shouted out while standing on a soapbox downtown.IF you can't operate a soapbox perhaps print up flyers and go door to door.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's an interesting question: Is Watson useless because the Pats offense rarely includes him, or does the Pats offense rarely include him because he's useless?

We've all seen Watson make some plays. He's that guy you scratch your head about and wonder why he's not more effective. I don't think Watson has shown himself to be indispensible, but he's not creamed eggs on toast either. It's all well and good to scoff when someone suggests Watson is worth retaining, but remember that old saw about the devil you know.

Once you jettison Watson, who's the tight end?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

STOP IT

HE IS NOT WORTH ANOTHER CONTRACT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~The terrifying part to me IS that currently the best thing Watson has going for him, is the sheer number of disappointments in recent years in Draft Free Agent and Trade Acquisitions that are Overall more costly question marks at more critically important positions than a 1st round TightEnd who never wowed anybody...
         EXAMPLES: Maroney-1st rder with injuries, dancing and now fumbling problems & laughable NFL #1 RB/#2 WR Failures-Chad Jackson early 2nd rder, Greg Lewis/Alex Smith(TE)-Trade Picks for 1 month rental, Joey Galloway-time and cap money/OLB-Adalius Thomas-pretty expensive Free Agent that was suppossed to secure our SOLB spot for many years/Derrick Burgess-Trade Pick for 1 year rental of mediocre player/CB-Wheatley Wilhite experiment/

~So overall one CAN look at Watson like this:  Benjamin Watson in NOT totally s#cking at a NOT overly very critical position on the field, HAS thus been by and large a nice success story (cough-all things considering).  We should resign him simply due to the fact there's been far more outstanding disappointments than him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

ONE OF THE BEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER READ.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, and I don't think we should keep him.  No matter what his potential, we don't use him as a receiver.  I have no idea why.  So, what's the point?  Why did we trade David Thomas?  I still don't know.  I have no idea what this team is doing, and for that matter, I never have.  So I guess whatever happens, happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

He is replaceable.  BB does not use him anyways.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

If BB does not use Ben, It is the Patriots loss.
    And forgive me Pats fans. In BB I no longer trust

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Watson a Keeper.  Did you happen to notice any of the multiple dropped passes Watson had over the last 5 years.  A handful of good plays over 5 years does not a keeper make.  Bye bye Ben.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Watson was a bust. Time to move on!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Benjamin Watson- A KEEPER:
    Hi Fans, This Guy should be a lifer with the Pats in my opinion. When your QB doesn't have to  count to 84, then you won't get many balls thrown at you. but this player has been great    Taking his role as a blocker, when he probably is more a catcher.   I REMEMBER HIM RUNNING DOWN CHAMP BAILEY IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME A FEW YEARS AGO. And if the call had been made correctly, the Pats should have retained possession and gotten the Victory!! Nut too many Hustlers like that around. I saw Deion Branch do that for Seattle on a fumble strip in his first year out here. also.  Keep Ben Watson! Go Pats
    Posted by DavidSeattle

If Watson had any value we wouldn't be drafting TE's and bringing them in as FA's by the bushel in the time since we drafted him.  Let him walk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Whether or not Watson is a keeper depends upon which way BB takes the Offense next year.  Watson was a perfect tight end for the pre-Randy Moss Patriots.  Back then Brady was throwing to 6+ receivers every game.  Remember who used to be Brady's favorite receiver?  (the open one).

With his size and speed, Watson could be a big part of that type of offense.  Now Welker gets a lot of the balls that might have been thrown to Watson.

Both approaches work.  If we keep the 2-3 receivers approach we should pass on Watson and go with a tight end better suited for getting the protection that Brady needs.  If we go back to the Superbowl Championship Offenses, we should keep Watson.  I'm comfortable with whichever way BB decides.

I'll never forget Watson chasing down Bailey.  Wow!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"ONE OF THE BEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER READ."

~thanx davedsone...see I don't have the vast stores of visual pics like tcal, who's beer pic in post 3, to me just says it all... I'm stilling trying to decipher Cyberknot's 2 pics of a rock and a cusp of hands however.  I think it's some sort of cryptic multi-intrepretative Taoist Koan about How If Only the people at stonehenge had plastic drinking glasses rather than having to cup water and sip it outta their hands, then we'd all come to the clear conclusion that the world would be a better place and thus, that Ben Watson is a good player.  I should be able to relate it to his Bee-keeping prowess after my next kamikazee with excedrin chaser, but right now I'm thinking perhaps maybe there is NO Benjamin Watson TightEnd, and there's just a man before the universe...which should hold me over til I get some more vodka.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

"ONE OF THE BEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER READ." ~thanx davedsone ...see I don't have the vast stores of visual pics like  tcal , who's beer pic in post 3, to me just says it all... I'm stilling trying to decipher Cyberknot's 2 pics of a rock and a cusp of hands however.  I think it's some sort of cryptic multi-intrepretative Taoist Koan about How If Only the people at stonehenge had plastic drinking glasses rather than having to cup water and sip it outta their hands, then we'd all come to the clear conclusion that the world would be a better place and thus, that Ben Watson is a good player.  I should be able to relate it to his Bee-keeping prowess after my next kamikazee with excedrin chaser, but right now I'm thinking perhaps maybe there is NO Benjamin Watson TightEnd, and there's just a man before the universe...which should hold me over til I get some more vodka.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

"ONE OF THE BEST REPLIES I HAVE EVER READ." ~thanx davedsone ...see I don't have the vast stores of visual pics like  tcal , who's beer pic in post 3, to me just says it all... I'm stilling trying to decipher Cyberknot's 2 pics of a rock and a cusp of hands however.  I think it's some sort of cryptic multi-intrepretative Taoist Koan about How If Only the people at stonehenge had plastic drinking glasses rather than having to cup water and sip it outta their hands, then we'd all come to the clear conclusion that the world would be a better place and thus, that Ben Watson is a good player.  I should be able to relate it to his Bee-keeping prowess after my next kamikazee with excedrin chaser, but right now I'm thinking perhaps maybe there is NO Benjamin Watson TightEnd, and there's just a man before the universe...which should hold me over til I get some more vodka.  

Stone  
     Hands

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Ben Dropson is a hurter. Daniel Graham was a much better Tight end and we had no interest in paying him. If we could have him for close to the Vet Minimum I wouldn't mind but someone will pay him, it just won't be us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

This is yet another reason why this site is terrible. Im absolutely against the death penalty , but if we're going to have it then loser like you should be gassed 'n' bagged for some of the stupid $ hit you say. Seriously though , Watson a lifer?  He chased down Champ , he hustle's , that all you got? Really , your serious? Hes a tight end ,(cough)*ALLEGEDLY* , who doesnt/CANT perform actual tight end duties! I really dont believe your serious about this , this guy cant catch the ball...at all! This guy has only ran ONE F'IN route his whole career , the seem , and he cant even do that right most of the time. He doesnt go over the middle , I love when losers go at Moss for the biggest BS reasons , but when is the last time Watson , a tight end mind you , made a tough catch over the middle. When was the last big hit he took for the team. And save that "hes a good blocker" BS for someone as dumb as yourself , you want to pay millions for a blocker. And the "potential"  arguement came and went two years ago , sorry but I have to ask , are you same same dickhe@d who use's that arguement for Lindsey Phoney Baloney MaLohan? Ten years ago when that "girl" you asked out told you to "su ck it/die loser and dont hold your breath" , your really not suppose to hold your breath. Otherwise you might start to develop some type of disorder...like believing you might actual know what your talking about? Theres a reason you wear velcro shoes while the rest of us tie them. Good Luck at life Slingblade...uumm hhmm yup!!!