BenJarvus Green-Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

BJ Green-Ellis 16 carries 98 yards. With a little less than 2 minutes to play and the Bills out of timeouts, instead of taking a knee on three consecutive plays to run out the clock, why not give him the ball and see if he can reach 100-yard game.

Although some might say it's risky with the game in hand, what better way to instill confidence in the running game behind our offensive line in addition to a morale booster. Even if it were only one shot and than take the knee.

It may be a minor point but I think an opportunity was missed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis

No, that would be both stupid and classless.  Stupid, because you don't risk turning over the ball when the game is won, and classless because it would show disrespect for your opponent by running on them when the game's basically over. I agree it would have been nice for BJGE to get 100 yards--but they would have had to have given him the chance earlier . . . not at the end of the game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

the media (espn) woulda been all over it saying the Pats were padding their stats..blah blah blah

it was nice to see some downhill running for a change

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i've been a fan of his since 2008 and it was really great to see him lead the backs today.  i also really enjoyed seeing woodhead get out there and do his thing, he could make losing faulk slightly more bearable... good ground game today.  very enjoyable game to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Stats are for losers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

And if someone gets hurt while trying for a stat?

Sounds likea fantasy football complaint

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I'm just saying, the kid played his tail off today and it has been an up-hill battle for him behind the now-departed Maroney, the injured-Faulk, and the two veterans, Taylor and Morris. 

Late in the game he had an opportunity to gain more yardage by going along the sideline but inevitably he would have been forced out of bounds thus stopping the clock, so he chose to cut inside and take the hit to keep the clock running.

I can certainly appreciate the points made by all the naysayers, most of which are quite reasonable and safer, but I still would have enjoyed seeing him given one last shot to eclipse 100 yards. In my view, he earned it and deserved the opportunity. 

Every once in a while, you've just got to throw the dog a bone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Didn't the same coaching strategy fail (in principle) against the Mets in the '86 WS?  Methinks.  Please do not tell me that baseball is different, as coaching to inprove a player's stats and/or playing faves is the same thing in any sport.  One might guess that a NE fan (who is aware of this catastrophe) might not make a suggestion like this.

Personal stats?  Does this sound like BB and/or the NE Patriots to you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

In Response to Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis:
    [QUOTE]I'm just saying, the kid played his tail off today and it has been an up-hill battle for him behind the now-departed Maroney, the injured-Faulk, and the two veterans, Taylor and Morris.  Late in the game he had an opportunity to gain more yardage by going along the sideline but inevitably he would have been forced out of bounds thus stopping the clock, so he chose to cut inside and take the hit to keep the clock running. I can certainly appreciate the points made by all the naysayers, most of which are quite reasonable and safer, but I still would have enjoyed seeing him given one last shot to eclipse 100 yards. In my view, he earned it and deserved the opportunity.  Every once in a while, you've just got to throw the dog a bone.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]
    They did, they made him their main RB this game.  Going for 100 is just idiotic.  With a 8 point lead, late in the game, you DO NOT try to get cute.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

ITS ABOUT THE TEAM
    NOT THE INDIVIDUAL 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

and we arent naysayers, d.umbass

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I have no problem with that Dustcover. A 100 yard game is a confidence builder for a RB. Wouldn't have bothered me if they did but I understand why they didn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

hey it was just nice to watch him run today, he did a nice job running hard at a good pad level and made a lot of positive yardage. Not sure if he's the answer, but we could do a lot worse (Maroney). He's young, hungry and the legs should be fresh, so ride him till the wheels fall off...he could surprise. Add in the fact that teams are worried about our passing game and there should be room for him, it's not like teams are going to be bringing eight men into the box to concentrate on him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this a stupid thread, but the point should be that BJGE had a break out game and showed us why BB had no problem trading away maroney despite the fact that fred taylor is always an injury waiting to happen. he's not going to kill anyone with breakaway speed or cutback moves, but he hits the hole HARD and he hits the tacklers hard. we may have finally discovered a run game. Buffalo's D isnt exactly the Jets but they arent awful either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Calling going for a 100 yard game stupid is, well, kind of stupid.

I just hope all you same people called Randy Moss and Tom Brady stupid for hooking up on TD #s 23 and 50, respectively.

Players look at stats just as much as fans, and I know he would have liked to wrap it up with a neat little "100 yard game" bow.

I have no probem either way.

Glad he had the game to shut up all the doubters, especially the pringles can guy on the radio. Heard him squaking about "All you BJGE fans wante dto see more of him, well you're going to, and I don't think you're going to like what you see." How'd that turn out fatty doody?

Fred Taylor seems like he knew a little something when he called him a star just waiting for his chance...that only seconds after calling maroney a good kid, "he's learning how to work harder". HA!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

BJGE proved today that he was the reason LM became expendable.

16 for 98, when was the last time LM gave us that production?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I would like to turn your attention to Dallas in the first week. the last play before the half, ask em how that worked out for them

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Stats are for losers"

thanks for that, hardest laugh of the day. 

Amen. 

(A Colts fan we know is adjusting his underoos as I type)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

[QUOTE]BJGE proved today that he was the reason LM became expendable. 16 for 98, when was the last time LM gave us that production?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]
    PatsRfineIn09, I think BJGE running the way he did today brings not only a sigh of relief to many of us Patriot fans here today, but will bring confidence to he himself, and to the coaching staff and team as well.
    I honestly think many of the sports radio shows commentary this week will be about the future prospect of both BJGE and Woodhead as the new running duo for the Patriots, but as for L. Maroney being traded, I feel that may have had more to do with his constant injuries than about BJGE. Before today, everyone could only wish for and hope that he might be this good or this type of runningback. I have read many post's in the past and of late that most didnt think he would prosper or that his level was nothing more than a number 2 back.
    Either way it is a positive sign and lets hope continued success for his future

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

The Patriots don't need to gather any more bad kharma by pursuing meaningless stats.  I remember not so long ago that consistently running up the score came back to bite them.  If you believe in that sort of thing, that is...

Anyway, it was nice to see Green-Ellis play well today.  They need more games like this from him, since we know Morris and Taylor will not stay healthy for the whole season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Lets get him a Great Big Fat Ring.  That will be better than some 100 yard game, anyway.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

The more I see him play the more I like him...when he stretched for the TD Sunday, I said, " about time a Pats running back is willing himself for more yardage"...

Can he change his name though...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

It was so refreshing to watch BJGE pound the ball into the line instead of watching the dancing queen laura maroney prance around in the backfield.BJGE is hungry and you can see determination every time he runs the ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]And if someone gets hurt while trying for a stat?Sounds likea fantasy football complaint
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.  He had his chance, had a really good game, but he has to get his 100 in real plays.  Should he even want to get 100 that way?  They lost one back already, with Morris and Taylor perrenially playing hurt.