Benny Watch - 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Benny Watch - 2013

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

babe ='s 42 and 46

Probably the dumbest post ever made here. And with Rusty around that's saying something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to MattC05's comment:

So, you think Ridley had one of the best running seasons in Pats' history?

Yes.  Both the numbers and the eye-test bear it out.

So you think Ridley is as good or close to Nance, Dillon or Martin?

Because I've seen all of them play, and my eye test says Ridley can't carry their jock.

That wasn't the question.  Don't move the goalposts now.

The question was "Was Ridley's 2012 season one of the best ever for a Patriots' running back?"  The answer to that is "yes."

Dillon and Martin were both better; but each made their names with other organizations.  They each had one GREAT year in a Pats uniform and two average-to-good years.  Nance only had TWO great years in a Pats uniform.

Ridley has only played two years, and has already had one of the 5 greatest seasons ever for a Pats RB.  If he is able to duplicate 2012 for 2 or 3 more years... yes, he will become the greatest Pats RB ever.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

babe ='s 42 and 46

Probably the dumbest post ever made here. And with Rusty around that's saying something.

It actually might contend with your accusations that both PCM and I, to go along with more than half the board, are Rusty. 

LMAO@U

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Because I've seen all of them play, and my eye test says Ridley can't carry their jock.

The question was "Was Ridley's 2012 season one of the best ever for a Patriots' running back?"  The answer to that is "yes."

Dillon and Martin were both better; but each made their names with other organizations.  They each had one GREAT year in a Pats uniform and two average-to-good years.  Nance only had TWO great years in a Pats uniform.

Ridley has only played two years, and has already had one of the 5 greatest seasons ever for a Pats RB.  If he is able to duplicate 2012 for 2 or 3 more years... yes, he will become the greatest Pats RB ever.

He had big numbers because BB gave him the ball 300 times. I wouldn't count on that happening in the next 2-3 years.

Maroney averaged more per carry in 2007 than Ridley did last year. Banny averaged as many per in 2010. Are they among the greatest Pats' rushers ever?

If you think this guy is some kind of lock because BB ran him a lot last year, I think you may be sadly mistaken. BB could sit this guy at any moment for a LONG time.

And the Pats aren't known for their great runners anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What, I don't get to ask a question?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RustyGriswold's comment:

No, you don't get to deflect and troll the boards like the disingenous, vile individual you are.

Awww, poor junior. Banned again. You know, I think they really just don't like you all that much.

How many is that, 21?

Okay, when they reach your age, promise you will leave for good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

He had big numbers because BB gave him the ball 300 times. I wouldn't count on that happening in the next 2-3 years.

Maroney averaged more per carry in 2007 than Ridley did last year. Banny averaged as many per in 2010. Are they among the greatest Pats' rushers ever?

If you think this guy is some kind of lock because BB ran him a lot last year, I think you may be sadly mistaken. BB could sit this guy at any moment for a LONG time.

So... being able to carry the ball 300 times is now a NEGATIVE in your book?  Seriously, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to "prove" that Ridley didn't have a great season.  Being able to carry the ball a lot while still maintaining a good YPC... who wants THAT bum on this team?

For the record, Ridley was also 3rd in the league in first downs gained (only 3 off the league leader, 85-82).  Of course, all those first downs clearly just led to more offensive plays for the Pats so he could pad his stats.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

"So you think Ridley is as good or close to Nance, Dillon or Martin?" is not an honest question.  It is attributing an opinion to me through deliberately misstating my answer to a previous question.  At no time did I say Ridley is as good as Nance, Dillon or Martin; phrasing your question as you did makes it seem as if I did.  It is dishonest, and one of the hallmarks of trollish behavior; both you and Rusty do it ad nauseum.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I don't do that at all. Give me an example that my comments mirror what Babe does.

That's ridiculous.

I was really getting uncomfortable having you on my side... Tongue Out

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So... being able to carry the ball 300 times is now a NEGATIVE in your book?  Seriously, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to "prove" that Ridley didn't have a great season.  Being able to carry the ball a lot while still maintaining a good YPC... who wants THAT bum on this team?

For the record, Ridley was also 3rd in the league in first downs gained (only 3 off the league leader, 85-82).  Of course, all those first downs clearly just led to more offensive plays for the Pats so he could pad his stats.

Carrying the ball 300 times is a PRIVILEGE. Most NFL backs would give up their firstborn for that many carries.

Let's get real.

Ridley averaged less than 3 ypc in our 4 losses last season.

He had less than 4 ypc in 7 games last season.

He averaged under 4 ypc the entire second half of the season.

In both "close" and late & close" games he was 3.7 ypc on the season.

Rolling up big numbers on the Rams and the Titans isn't going to domuch for you when you get in the playoffs.

As I said, he was pretty much a cripple shooter. And as I also said he could not run when we needed the run.

Maybe that's one of the great Patriots' running seasons to you, but it's not to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Carrying the ball 300 times is a PRIVILEGE. Most NFL backs would give up their firstborn for that many carries.

You are correct that it is a privilege, but not the kind that you claim.  Here is an article where BB himself addresses the issue:

The NFL has really been geared toward the passing game in recent seasons, and the Patriots are right toward the top of that list of the league's best through the air.

With that in mind, Bill Belichick was asked today if he thinks 320-carry running backs are a thing of the past. Belichick gave a great response.

"I'm for whatever helps us win," Belichick said with a degree of deliberation. "If it's 500 quarterback sneaks, if that's the best thing for us, I'm all for it. If that's the best thing we can do to win, sign me up for it."

Of course, the topic switched gears to Corey Dillon, whose outstanding season in 2004 included 345 carries, 1,635 yards and 12 touchdowns. Since then, BenJarvus Green-Ellis (229 carries in 2010) and Dillon (209 carries in an injury-shortened 2005) are the only Patriots backs to eclipse 200 carries.

To put it in a league perspective, Maurice Jones-Drew (343 carries) and Michael Turner (301) were the only backs to surpass 300 rushes in 2011. Nine players did it in 2004.

Belichick again stressed he isn't against a heavy workload for any running back, but they've got to earn it.

"Corey Dillon was good enough to do it," Belichick said. "If the Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times, too. I have not seen Corey out there lately."

What are the attributes of a running back who could get the ball 300 times? Belichick was straightforward with that one, too.

"Production," he said. "If he's productive, we'll give him a chance."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Curtis Martin never average more than 4.2 ypc in any of his seasons with NE.  I suppose you think Maroney and Benny were better than him too then?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Let's get real.

Ridley averaged less than 3 ypc in our 4 losses last season.

He had less than 4 ypc in 7 games last season.

He averaged under 4 ypc the entire second half of the season.

In both "close" and late & close" games he was 3.7 ypc on the season.

Rolling up big numbers on the Rams and the Titans isn't going to domuch for you when you get in the playoffs.

As I said, he was pretty much a cripple shooter. And as I also said he could not run when we needed the run.

Maybe that's one of the great Patriots' running seasons to you, but it's not to me.

Let's get real.

Martin averaged less than 3 ypc in our 10 losses in 1994.

He had less than 4 ypc in 9 games in 1994.

He averaged under 4 ypc the entire first half of the season.

In both "close" and late & close" games he was 3.9 ypc on the season.

Rolling up big numbers on the Jets and the Dolphins isn't going to do much for you when you can't even get to the playoffs.

And that's still one of the great Patriots' running seasons to me.

Would you like me to do the same for Nance?  Because I can.  Dillon is the only Pats running back who was consistently amazing, game-in and game-out, win or lose, regardless of the opponent.  And that was only for one season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I don't do that at all. Give me an example that my comments mirror what Babe does.

That's ridiculous.

I was really getting uncomfortable having you on my side... Tongue Out

Aww, Rusty's other account got banned?  Now I feel bad.

Come back Rusty!  I'm glad you're on my side!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

You are correct that it is a privilege, but not the kind that you claim.  Here is an article where BB himself addresses the issue:

The NFL has really been geared toward the passing game in recent seasons, and the Patriots are right toward the top of that list of the league's best through the air.

With that in mind, Bill Belichick was asked today if he thinks 320-carry running backs are a thing of the past. Belichick gave a great response.

"I'm for whatever helps us win," Belichick said with a degree of deliberation. "If it's 500 quarterback sneaks, if that's the best thing for us, I'm all for it. If that's the best thing we can do to win, sign me up for it."

Of course, the topic switched gears to Corey Dillon, whose outstanding season in 2004 included 345 carries, 1,635 yards and 12 touchdowns. Since then, BenJarvus Green-Ellis (229 carries in 2010) and Dillon (209 carries in an injury-shortened 2005) are the only Patriots backs to eclipse 200 carries.

To put it in a league perspective, Maurice Jones-Drew (343 carries) and Michael Turner (301) were the only backs to surpass 300 rushes in 2011. Nine players did it in 2004.

Belichick again stressed he isn't against a heavy workload for any running back, but they've got to earn it.

"Corey Dillon was good enough to do it," Belichick said. "If the Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times, too. I have not seen Corey out there lately."

What are the attributes of a running back who could get the ball 300 times? Belichick was straightforward with that one, too.

"Production," he said. "If he's productive, we'll give him a chance."

And 2012 saw a whole bunch more plays run by the offense because of the prolific use of the hurry-up. 156 more plays than in 2004. Despite the much greater number of plays in 2012 than in 2004 Dillon ran the ball 55 times more than Ridley.

If you're thinking BB looks at Ridley like Dillon you're dreaming. As far as I know his eyes haven't gone bad yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If you're thinking BB looks at Ridley like Dillon you're dreaming. As far as I know his eyes haven't gone bad yet.

Ridley doesn't have to be Dillon to be a good back for this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

And 2012 saw a whole bunch more plays run by the offense because of the prolific use of the hurry-up. 156 more plays than in 2004. Despite the much greater number of plays in 2012 than in 2004 Dillon ran the ball 55 times more than Ridley.

If "2004 Corey Dillon" is your baseline of what a "good" running back should be, you're destined for a LOT of disappointment.  2004 was a transcendent season.