Benny Watch cancelled.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny Watch cancelled.

The Benny Watch torch has been taken up for weeks now by others squealing in glee as he ran mightily on some of the worst teams in the NFL. But this week.... no such eagerness.

So I'm just not going to even comment on his game against the Steelers. It's Christmas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Benny Watch cancelled.

The Benny watch may be up close and personal for all of us in 2 weeks. Nothing would make some people happier to see Benny run it down the Pats throat. Personally, as I have said repeatedly, i like BJGE and thought he did fine as a Pat and wish him well (not in 2 weeks though). He was a solid and dependable back. Not a star but a good guy who never fumbled (while a Pat that is). I think Ridley is better so everyone comes out a winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well he is cemented in the 12th spot for runners right now and will probably end the season there. The real kicker is where he will end up in terms of yards per carry (a true indicator of what a back is capable of)...and I'm not sure where he is this season, but last season he was 47th. This year has been better (he has settled down into the average catergory) and I imagine he is somewhere around 20th.

Good guy, tries hard, just not enough reason to give the ball to when it matters - just like Cincy did yesterday. Merry Christmas!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

BJGE is on a playoff team, just like Knowshon Moreno and Vick Ballard.  If Ridley gets the same number of carries as these guys, he's over 100 every game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Benny Watch torch has been taken up for weeks now by others squealing in glee as he ran mightily on some of the worst teams in the NFL. But this week.... no such eagerness.

So I'm just not going to even comment on his game against the Steelers. It's Christmas.

[/QUOTE]

A legend ion your own mind.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I thought it was funny that the people who trashed the Benny Watch as irrelevent and inappropriate were the same people who practically tripped over themselves to start their own BW threads when Benny finally strung a few good games together

I'm going to miss the Benny Watch...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Like Mayo having an OK game against Huston and the Ball Washers were fitting him for a Yellow Jacket.  The last 2 games.....Crickets. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Benny watch may be up close and personal for all of us in 2 weeks. Nothing would make some people happier to see Benny run it down the Pats throat. Personally, as I have said repeatedly, i like BJGE and thought he did fine as a Pat and wish him well (not in 2 weeks though). He was a solid and dependable back. Not a star but a good guy who never fumbled (while a Pat that is). I think Ridley is better so everyone comes out a winner.

[/QUOTE]

Saw enough of that from Curtis Martin and even Irving Fryar back in the day...Hope it does not happen again

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes the same type of eagerness you showed the week after these numbers for Ridley:

Week 3 Balt 13 carries 37 yards

Week 6 Seat  16 carries 34 yards

Week 10 Indy 13 carries 28 yards

Week 14 SF 9 carries 23 yards

Also note that in 8 out of the 15 Pats games, he has averaged 4 yards or less a carry.  Seems he pads his stats vs. the poorer quality teams......

Funny how you were so eager to point out Benny gets so many of his yards against "bad" teams.  Seems like Mr. Ridley has problems against good teams too.  Hmmm.  Wonder what kind of teams the Pats will face in the play-offs?

EXTREMELY interesting to note that 3 of the 4 above games were losses as well.  I thought Ridley was suppose to solve their running problems against the good teams and turn those losses into wins?  We won't even mention how he seems to always fumble in the big games too.......Very interesting to see what the play-offs bring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes the same type of eagerness you showed the week after these numbers for Ridley:

Also note that in 8 out of the 15 Pats games, he has averaged 4 yards or less a carry.  Seems he pads his stats vs. the poorer quality teams......

Funny how you were so eager to point out Benny gets so many of his yards against "bad" teams.  Seems like Mr. Ridley has problems against good teams too.  Hmmm.  Wonder what kind of teams the Pats will face in the play-offs?

EXTREMELY interesting to note that 3 of the 4 above games were losses as well.  I thought Ridley was suppose to solve their running problems against the good teams and turn those losses into wins?  We won't even mention how he seems to always fumble in the big games too.......Very interesting to see what the play-offs bring.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find anywhere that Babe has gushed over Ridley, this is more to do in the long lived raging debate of was Benny good enough to warrant more of a focus in our offense last year? That type of thing - I would say that Ridley is an upgrade, but he's no Adrian Peterson either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

If the Pats play Cinci in the playoffs watch the national media take up the Ridley vs Benny and ball possesion 'story'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good points, obviously the Bengals are as good as the Pats, they have an amazing offensive line and tightend play.  Can you feel the sarcasm oozing from my new Christmas I-Pad as I write this?  Also it's interesting how runningbacks have a tougher time against the best defenses in the land but find it easier against the weak ones, it's funny how that works...

It's the nature of BDC that the "fans" love our players after a dominating performance and distance themselves after some weak ones... a few weeks back they were annointing Ridely as a savior... now not so much... they'll love him again in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good points, obviously the Bengals are as good as the Pats, they have an amazing offensive line and tightend play.  Can you feel the sarcasm oozing from my new Christmas I-Pad as I write this?  Also it's interesting how runningbacks have a tougher time against the best defenses in the land but find it easier against the weak ones, it's funny how that works...

It's the nature of BDC that the "fans" love our players after a dominating performance and distance themselves after some weak ones... a few weeks back they were annointing Ridely as a savior... now not so much... they'll love him again in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for re-making my point in your first paragraph.  Of course its harder against good teams.  Why I thought it was a joke for Babe to bring it up as a "minus" against Benny, when its pretty much a minus against any running back not named Peterson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Typical don't know what you're talking about posting from you. I was never a rah rah Ridley guy. Anybody with two working eyeballs can see he has more talent than Benny, that's about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Typical don't know what you're talking about posting from you. I was never a rah rah Ridley guy. Anybody with two working eyeballs can see he has more talent than Benny, that's about it.

[/QUOTE]

merry christmas babe-hope santa was good to you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't get the Benny watch nor the Benny criticism? Benny played well here, well enough to earn a contract that set him up for life, with a playoff team. The Pats decided not to match, feeling they had better and less expensive alternatives. This is not Benny's fault, nor does it detract from how he played nor carried himself as a true professional in a Pats uniform. 

I am sure the Bengals are happy they have Benny, as are the Pats happy they are not paying that coin for a RB, with their current RBs playing well. 

Based on all that has transpired, why does this deteriorate into criticism of Benny? He is one of the more humble, hard working and friendly players to pass thru the locker room, still having many, many friends in the area both on the team and in the media. Benny was and is a role model for players named Fletcher, Bolden, Tarpinian and Francis. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get the Benny watch nor the Benny criticism? Benny played well here, well enough to earn a contract that set him up for life, with a playoff team. The Pats decided not to match, feeling they had better and less expensive alternatives. This is not Benny's fault, nor does it detract from how he played nor carried himself as a true professional in a Pats uniform. 

I am sure the Bengals are happy they have Benny, as are the Pats happy they are not paying that coin for a RB, with their current RBs playing well. 

Based on all that has transpired, why does this deteriorate into criticism of Benny? He is one of the more humble, hard working and friendly players to pass thru the locker room, still having many, many friends in the area both on the team and in the media. Benny was and is a role model for players named Fletcher, Bolden, Tarpinian and Francis. 

[/QUOTE]

Nobody dislikes Benny.  The reason this has taken on a life of its own is because last year a certain group of posters kept criticizing the coaches for not running the ball more with Benny and for subbing Woodhead for Benny too much.  Most of them claim that utilizing Benny in the Super Bowl more would have resulted in a win.  

A lot of us (including me) said the coaches were using Benny about right given his skills and talents.  Our thought is that Benny is a serviceable running back, a guy who will reliably get the yards that are available on a play, but who won't create a lot of yards on his own. I think the Pats used him fine last year and people just think they should have utilized him more because (1) they don't realize how much they really did use him and (2) they forget that a lot of times they did use him, he got short gains, which means they had to go back to passing. They weren't necessarily ignoring Benny, they were just finding themselves in too many situations where handing the ball to Benny didn't make much sense. 

The Benny watch was created to see if Benny's performance in Cincy would prove which group of posters was right about how Benny was utilized (or not ultilized) in New England.  I think it's inconclusive, because Cincy is a different team. Benny, though, continues to average less than 4 yards a carry, which seems to confirm that he's not a guy who is going to create a lot of yards on his own and therefore will never be a guy who you can build game plans around.  He's a complementarty player, not a guy you highlight.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not so much a bashing Benny type of thing, I think most of us wish him well and think he is an A-OK guy - this has more to do with a raging debate of...was Benny good enough to take the ball out of Brady's hands last year? I don't think he was and it looks like many that felt that way are right.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The best part of this thread is how people like Hurlie see BJGE not leaned as much and Brady is worse without him leaned on, yet he can't figure out why that's the case.

Moss is dealt in 2010, Brady leans on BJGE, BJGE rushes for 1000 yards, has 13 TDs, doesn't fumble, NE's D leads the NFL in turnovers created and Brady only throws 4 INTs all year, ZERO aafter the Moss trade (yes I know he threw one on a Hail Mary before halftime vs Baltimore).

So, with these facts known, you'd have to be a moron to mock BJGE/not appreciate what his play meant for Tom Brady.

Don't look now, but the lack of commitment to a run game and keeping Brady in a shotgun more than he should, running more Woodhead based plays, means better odds for a LOSS, not a win.

NE never lost a game with BJGE used as a lead back.  Fact. Yet, we see inbreds like Hurlie clamoring for 40+ passes, Woodhead used too much and a loss. My god.

Find the help you need and please stop displaying mental illness here.

[/QUOTE]

You make me laugh, not in a funny type of way, but more like a nervous...wow this guy is walking around free on the streets?? Type of laugh.

Yeah Brady "leaned" on a undrafted free agent running back. LOL!!!! Uhm, I got news for you, this football. They're are running backs in an offense and sometimes those runners have to run with the ball (forward preferably). Don't confuse that with Brady "leaning" on anybody.

And you really have to stop using this "mock" word...the, you mock me, they mock this one or that one. What do think this is? This is not a dark alley in Chicago in the 1940's here. This a football discussion board...Benny is not going to get sad. 

And another thing - no one is running around here saying we want Brady throwing 40 plus times a game, it's just that we want him to hand the ball off to a above average runner (something Benny was/is not).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it's funny a bald, fat, male Home Ec teacher thinks what he types about football is taken seriously by anyone here.  We laught at that, whether it be an awkward kind of laughing feeling sorry for you or just blatanlty being entertained that someone your age can be so dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Junior, I've told you before.... you and the "voices" really aren't to be considered "we".

And, try to type coherent english in the future. After all, you have blazed the trail of being the typo police.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes,  BB dealt Moss because Brady was staring him down all game long throwing 2 INTs per game.  Once dealt, Brady was MUCH better, as he handed it off to BJGE more so than when Moss was here.

Yes, it's not debatable this is a fact.

[/QUOTE]

And the rest of us thought Moss was dealt because of his comments at the press conference. But you know better. BB dealt him because he couldn't control Brady? Most coaches would just tell their QB to knock it off if they didn't like something they were doing. But poor BB just can't manage that as a HC according to you. Brady is his daddy. LMAO@U

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

The best part of this thread is how people like Hurlie see BJGE not leaned as much and Brady is worse without him leaned on, yet he can't figure out why that's the case.

Moss is dealt in 2010, Brady leans on BJGE, BJGE rushes for 1000 yards, has 13 TDs, doesn't fumble, NE's D leads the NFL in turnovers created and Brady only throws 4 INTs all year, ZERO aafter the Moss trade (yes I know he threw one on a Hail Mary before halftime vs Baltimore).

So, with these facts known, you'd have to be a moron to mock BJGE/not appreciate what his play meant for Tom Brady.

Don't look now, but the lack of commitment to a run game and keeping Brady in a shotgun more than he should, running more Woodhead based plays, means better odds for a LOSS, not a win.

NE never lost a game with BJGE used as a lead back.  Fact. Yet, we see inbreds like Hurlie clamoring for 40+ passes, Woodhead used too much and a loss. My god.

Find the help you need and please stop displaying mental illness here.

[/QUOTE]

Junior, you are just the funniest guy on the board. Now Brady owes his exceptional 2010 season to the below average career of BJGE. LMAO@U