Benny watch continues.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny watch continues.

Not much to watch. 3.2 yac.

He lost another fumble!

Probably will get benched at this rate with the fumbles. I think the Bungles were counting on the one great feature of Benny, and having that vaporize two games in a row must be very frustrating for them.

(Had to edit this. Stats from site I checked were wrong.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Benny watch continues.

Nah. Bengals are solid. The Law Firm will be a good addition for them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I hope the Law Firm has a great career in the NFL.  He did us good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Babe your starting to look really lame with this.  You can't go off on Rusty for his Anti-Brady crusade and then keep this up each week with your Anti-Benny crusade .  He was a solid back for us.  Give it a rest already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

26 carries for 82 (3.2 yards a carry) and a fumble on the goal line that cost his team a touchdown.  

Pathetic week for the future hall of fame runner. So far I think it's clear why Bill Belichick didn't resign him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe your starting to look really lame with this.  You can't go off on Rusty for his Anti-Brady crusade and then keep this up each week with your Anti-Benny crusade .  He was a solid back for us.  Give it a rest already.

[/QUOTE]

Actually he can go on and I hope he does - if you remember this was a heated argument of why we didn't run more last season and Benny was at the heart of it. Rusty was the first to brag when Benny did well for a half against Baltimore 30 minutes into the season - so these weekly posts are warranted. Also this very morning Brady said in an interview that play action only works when runners gain good yardage, not when you just slam a runner 25 times into the line for little or no gain (see Benny). That was part of it as well, some thought we could just slam the average Benny into the line for two, maybe three yards and it would open things up...not true. It's why we didn't waste much time feeding the ineffective BJGE last season. I'm sure he's a great fellow, just don't waste time giving him the football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Babe sounds like a jilted exlover. Move on, he did, the Pats did. He was a good player for the Pats but the Pats had Ridley and Vereen. I don't know why you are rooting for his failure.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe will do anything to deflect from Brady blowing SB 46.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty hard to "blow" any thing when you're on the sidelines for 2/3rds of the game.

Time to throw out those coke bottle glasses, get lasix, change your meds...something!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Why is this news? Did anyone seriously doubt that he was a backup runner?

BB got rid of him as soon as he had a guy with a year under his belt. 

Gotta say, though, the fumbling (3!) is surprising. A complete lack of fumbles is more of a statistical anomaly than anything, as I've always maintained about him, but he's turned into a fumbling machine. 

But the 3.5 ypc is not. It's basically what he is.

Soooo glad NE has switched up to different runners that can actually run against mediocre defenses.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1,700 yards 24 tds 4 ypc as a part time starter in 2 years in N.E. we should have put that horse down 2 years ago. Worst player in the league.

Btw Benny has averaged 20 carries a game and his team is 3-1, and his QB in his 2nd year is the 5th highest rated QB in the league, but that probably is just dumb luck and not a commitment to the running game.

Nobody said Benny was a pro bowler, we just pointed out the need for balance and what was wrong with our offensive philosophy. I'd say through 4 weeks that theory has been proven by N.E and Cincy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Did you see yesterday's game? No, you didn't.  If we had done that in the SB, NE blows out the Giants.  But, Brady wanted to throw with Woodhead as the lead back.

Check the data, Pezzy.  You've been exposed again by facts. 

All we heard all week long is how great the Bills pass rush is. LMAO

Do you get it yet?

[/QUOTE]
      No, you're the one who doesn't get it.  You still can't grasp the idea of exploiting what the D gives you and going with what works. 

The pass set up the run yesterday.  Did you watch the game?  Laughable.  It worked because the backs are better this year and the Bills were playing pass...

Did you see the 2.3 ypc a week ago?  I guess you think the Pat's backs transformed into the premier Nfl backs in a weeks time.  Sorry, they didn't.

You will say anything to deflect that the RB's were ineffective during the SB and most of last year and the D flat out stunk, and blame the guy that had to carry the team on his back because of it.

I guess you think Brady and the coaches are liars and 90% of the fans are blind too.

On running against the Bills' smaller defense. "That's what we have to do. If teams want to leave their nickel groupings on the field, then we have to be able to ... we ran for what, 240 yards? It was a great effort from offensive line that played great yesterday against a defensive front that really improved itself over the offseason. ... Our offensive line really met the challenge. You give those guys all the credit in the world, to create holes for the running backs, who did a great job running the ball, finding the holes, taking care of the football, running with good pad level, breaking tackles, yards after contact. We really got challenged by our coach, who wanted us to run the ball better. We've been running the ball and I thought those guys really answered the call."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Why? He's gone. Let go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eagles ran for 191 yards against a Mediocre Giants Defense.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the run defense that Benny averaged over 4 ypc against in the SB, but was only given 10 carries?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta say, though, the fumbling (3!) is surprising. A complete lack of fumbles is more of a statistical anomaly than anything, as I've always maintained about him, but he's turned into a fumbling machine. 

Soooo glad NE has switched up to different runners that can actually run against mediocre defenses.  

[/QUOTE]

Basically there actually are some people that didn't realize that Benny was a back up and hence not reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands. It really was/is news to them....as funny as that sounds, it's true!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

BJGE was a serviceable back; the problem was that a defense never had to gameplan for him.  I can guarantee you there was not a single Patriots opponent in 2010 or '11 who went into a game saying "Ok, we have to take BJGE away as priority 1."  On the few occasions that the Pats did lean on Benny, the defense never changed up their gameplan.  They were HAPPY to let him gain his 2-4 yards per carry; because he would never break off a longer one.  The D didn't have to make adjustments for him; he simply wasn't a threat.  THIS is why he was never given the coveted "lead back" designation that Rusty wanted for him.

Now the Patriots have Ridley, and maybe Boldin: two players who can gash a defense if they're not accounted for.  This explosiveness that BJGE lacked is an essential component to bring balance to a gameplan, to make defenses have to account for the running back on every play.

Benny was dependable.  He was hard-working.  He was a true Patriot.  But he was not a top 15 NFL back, and is not capable of what his most ardent fans wanted from him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eagles ran for 191 yards against a Mediocre Giants Defense.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the run defense that Benny averaged over 4 ypc against in the SB, but was only given 10 carries?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

The Brady Lovers will never admit it, dude.  They just won't. They're all gone.  Cuckoo-gone.

[/QUOTE]
    The Brady bashers will never admit that Benny had a few nice runs with the majority of them being for 1, 2, or negative yardage and BB didn't think he was helping the O.            BB is smart!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

26 carries for 82 (3.2 yards a carry) and a fumble on the goal line that cost his team a touchdown.  

Pathetic week for the future hall of fame runner. So far I think it's clear why Bill Belichick didn't resign him.

[/QUOTE]

You and babe are both being stupid. Since the whole offensive plan has been changed since last year you can't make comparisons.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Basically there actually are some people that didn't realize that Benny was a back up and hence not reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands. It really was/is news to them....as funny as that sounds, it's true!!

[/QUOTE]

Always a laugh when you and babe use your amaizing mind reading abilities to tell everyone what BB was thinking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Babe will do anything to deflect from Brady blowing SB 46.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty hard to "blow" any thing when you're on the sidelines for 2/3rds of the game.

Time to throw out those coke bottle glasses, get lasix, change your meds...something!

[/QUOTE]

Stalking rusty again..  Wow