Benny Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Benny Watch

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL,30 guys at  70 plus carries average more then BJGE(230 carries) That is great Babe. "You're hypocrisy knows no bounds" What is 70 carries....about 6 a game? So change of pace backs are now included? 17 backs at 12 carries a game(lead backs) average more then benny, about 25 lead backs average more then Arian Foster. Is he below average? Don't bother answering.

[/QUOTE]

Of the 22 backs with the most carries in the NFL, Benny gets less per carry than 15 of them. That means about 2/3rds of the most used backs are more effective than him.

And Foster certainly is looking very average compared to his previous production. Like a lot of backs that are fed the ball a lot, it looks like he is getting less effective every season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benny suks...

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN

1 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN 265 1,600 6.0 82 18 10 123.1 3 64

2 Marshawn Lynch, RB SEA 261 1,266 4.9 77 6 9 97.4 3 56

3 Alfred Morris, RB WSH 253 1,235 4.9 39 7 7 95.0 4 62

4 Doug Martin, RB TB 264 1,234 4.7 70 9 10 94.9 1 50

5 Jamaal Charles, RB KC 240 1,220 5.1 91 7 4 93.8 4 54

6 Arian Foster, RB HOU 298 1,148 3.9 46 5 14 88.3 2 68

7 Stevan Ridley, RB NE 243 1,082 4.5 41 6 10 83.2 3 70

8 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB CIN 263 1,080 4.1 48 7 6 77.1 3 54

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Benny looks impressive at the #8 spot. Too bad he's played one more game than the rest or it would be more impressive though.

[/QUOTE]

THats right Baby, he is 8th.  How many running backs in the nfl right now?  Yet 8 is average/mediocre.  Congrats you are now offically the biggest tool on the board.

[/QUOTE]

I chuckle recalling how you cried about personal attacks. Your hypocrisy makes you a joke, not anything I might call you.

We know Benny gets less than the league average per carry. We also know 30 RBs average more per carry than him (70+ carries).

I think those facts speak for themselves. Cling desperately to your #8 stat that the Bengals handing the ball off a lot of times to a mediocre back created. Me and the rest of us who know the game will just laugh at you.

[/QUOTE]

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I'm clinging to a stat????  Your whole arguement is ONE stat you keep saying OVER AND OVER.  Oh Benny's average per carry is below the league average so he must just be average.  You must know the game sooooo well that you can boil down someones worth on a single stat.  Babalicious indeed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benny suks...

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN

1 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN 265 1,600 6.0 82 18 10 123.1 3 64

2 Marshawn Lynch, RB SEA 261 1,266 4.9 77 6 9 97.4 3 56

3 Alfred Morris, RB WSH 253 1,235 4.9 39 7 7 95.0 4 62

4 Doug Martin, RB TB 264 1,234 4.7 70 9 10 94.9 1 50

5 Jamaal Charles, RB KC 240 1,220 5.1 91 7 4 93.8 4 54

6 Arian Foster, RB HOU 298 1,148 3.9 46 5 14 88.3 2 68

7 Stevan Ridley, RB NE 243 1,082 4.5 41 6 10 83.2 3 70

8 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB CIN 263 1,080 4.1 48 7 6 77.1 3 54

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Benny looks impressive at the #8 spot. Too bad he's played one more game than the rest or it would be more impressive though.

[/QUOTE]

THats right Baby, he is 8th.  How many running backs in the nfl right now?  Yet 8 is average/mediocre.  Congrats you are now offically the biggest tool on the board.

[/QUOTE]

I chuckle recalling how you cried about personal attacks. Your hypocrisy makes you a joke, not anything I might call you.

We know Benny gets less than the league average per carry. We also know 30 RBs average more per carry than him (70+ carries).

I think those facts speak for themselves. Cling desperately to your #8 stat that the Bengals handing the ball off a lot of times to a mediocre back created. Me and the rest of us who know the game will just laugh at you.

[/QUOTE]

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I'm clinging to a stat????  Your whole arguement is ONE stat you keep saying OVER AND OVER.  Oh Benny's average per carry is below the league average so he must just be average.  You must know the game sooooo well that you can boil down someones worth on a single stat.  Babalicious indeed.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry junior, ypc is the one and only stat that means very much when it comes to a running back. Learn the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL,30 guys at  70 plus carries average more then BJGE(230 carries) That is great Babe. "You're hypocrisy knows no bounds" What is 70 carries....about 6 a game? So change of pace backs are now included? 17 backs at 12 carries a game(lead backs) average more then benny, about 25 lead backs average more then Arian Foster. Is he below average? Don't bother answering.

[/QUOTE]

Of the 22 backs with the most carries in the NFL, Benny gets less per carry than 15 of them. That means about 2/3rds of the most used backs are more effective than him.

And Foster certainly is looking very average compared to his previous production. Like a lot of backs that are fed the ball a lot, it looks like he is getting less effective every season.

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the RBs you are pointing to play on better offenses with better QBs than Cincy?

Again, BJGE is running behind O Linemen who are BACK UPS. They lost 2/3 of their O Line before the season.

Exposed.

[/QUOTE]

I think most people that watch football see the push that Cincy generates from their offensive line...when it's impressive (like it has been of late) Benny gets the yards that are blocked for him. When it's not he doesn't. Period.

And what's wrong with Cincy's offense? Their QB is pretty good, they have a tight end and a wideout that can hurt you. Not bad at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the RBs you are pointing to play on better offenses with better QBs than Cincy?

Again, BJGE is running behind O Linemen who are BACK UPS. They lost 2/3 of their O Line before the season.

Exposed.

[/QUOTE]

I think most people that watch football see the push that Cincy generates from their offensive line...when it's impressive (like it has been of late) Benny gets the yards that are blocked for him. When it's not he doesn't. Period.

And what's wrong with Cincy's offense? Their QB is pretty good, they have a tight end and a wideout that can hurt you. Not bad at all.

[/QUOTE]

MT, is benny a good enough RB to carry a load?

Is Cinci's O-line better or worst then our own?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't say it was bad, but if you take out the top 5 best RBs, BJGE isn't in that category, so if he's somewhere in the 5-10 realm as a starter, then look at the 5-10 he's ranked with and how much better the offenses those RBs have around them than what BJGE has.

[/QUOTE]

Spin your wheels all you like junior. But the facts show what I've said all along - Benny is a good backup, but a so so starter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

MT, is benny a good enough RB to carry a load?

Is Cinci's O-line better or worst then our own?

^ Truechamp, as far as the offensive line goes, I really don't know. For run blocking? I don't know. For pass protection? I don't know - I haven't seen enough of it - I have seen a few games and I do notice they can get some push. I bet Benny is loving some of the room he is getting right now...have you seen it? I mean Ridley would like some of that room right now, because he's not getting a ton of it with all the injuries we've had up the middle...yet he's done just fine.

As for Benny, he can carry a work load, it's just a question of how effective he will be doing it. To me he is going to give you average production at best. I've watched some of these games with him and believe me, even with his recent production he still can kill a drive on a first and ten when he gets stuffed...he still gives you nothing in the passing game...he still won't get you any yards if it's not blocked perfectly. He's getting some real good blocking right now - good for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I just watched the coaches film of all Benny's runs in the Bengals-Eagles game and most of his runs in the Bengals-Cowboys game.  Then I watched the coaches film of Ridley's runs in the Miami game.   There's no comparison.  Benny does get some big runs, but most, if not all, of those are the result of the Bengals' O-line ripping open huge holes for him.  Ridley, on the other hand, is making yards on his own, often when the Pats'' O-line is struggling to open space for him against a good Miami front. I know it's a small sample, but from those games, it's pretty clear that Ridley is a much better back than BJGE. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just watched the coaches film of all Benny's runs in the Bengals-Eagles game and most of his runs in the Bengals-Cowboys game.  Then I watched the coaches film of Ridley's runs in the Miami game.   There's no comparison.  Benny does get some big runs, but most, if not all, of those are the result of the Bengals' O-line ripping open huge holes for him.  Ridley, on the other hand, is making yards on his own, often when the Pats'' O-line is struggling to open space for him against a good Miami front. I know it's a small sample, but from those games, it's pretty clear that Ridley is a much better back than BJGE. 

[/QUOTE]

i know my opinion will be looked at askance here but for what it's worth as an opponent BJGE never seemed like more than an average RB-a good version of Shonn Greene maybe-and in no way did I think he was anything but a complimentary piece of pats offense-certainly no one I or any Giants fan feared or had any great concern about stopping

again a pedestrian RB to giants fans and i think to other teams as well

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what he is to the whole world except a few homers. I don't blame people for being homers, but being a homer doesn't make what your saying true. I just prefer to be objective. Too much homerism means I'm kidding myself. Don't like that.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunker Spreckeles. Show Bunker Spreckeles's posts

1000 yard running backs are uncommon.  And those that can do that while averaging more than 4 yards per carry are even more uncommon.  If Brady had not been infatuated with the shotgun spread and throwing th ebal to Welker last year, he would have done what he did in 2010 and we would have another ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckeles' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1000 yard running backs are uncommon.  And those that can do that while averaging more than 4 yards per carry are even more uncommon.  If Brady had not been infatuated with the shotgun spread and throwing th ebal to Welker last year, he would have done what he did in 2010 and we would have another ring.

[/QUOTE]

10 backs already have 1000+ yards junior. And another 10 are decent bets to get that by the end of the season. So 60% of teams having a back that is a viable 1000 yard rusher this year is "uncommon" in your world?

And of the ten that have 1000 yards right now, 8 average over 4 ypc. But that 90% is uncommon right?

Last year 15 got 1000 yards and all but one averaged at least 4 ypc. I would say about half the league acheiving something is pretty common.

Boy junior, you love to make a fool of yourself. Nothing new though.