Best D Since 2003 - Redux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Best D Since 2003 - Redux

Anyone ready to agree with me now? Merriweather, McGowan, Guyton, Bodden, Springs, Butler, Mayo (when he returns). Speed, youth, speed, youth, clutch plays. Who want Vrabel now? Harrison? Brushci? And I'm not talking the 2004 versions, but the 2008 versions. Bueller? Bueller?

Waaaaaahhhh! We miss the old days, blah, blah blah. Nobody reloads like Belichick. Embrace the next generation because it is going to be one hell of a D when Mayo gets back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Best D Since 2003 - Redux

I completely agree with you about all those guys...

However, the most amazing thing to me is how well the d-line is playing without Seymour.  Wilfork was just immense today, and Warren was a beast as well.  Jarvis Green and Mike Wright have done a really solid job.  VERY encouraged about the defense.

Anyone else think Meriweather looked like he wanted to impersonate Ed Reed today?  I thought Meriweather played the overall best game of his career so far.  Bodden is outstanding.  McGowan is a pleasant surprise.  I can't wait to see Guyton and Mayo on the field together.  

Its hard to not be excited about the defense right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Best D Since 2003 - Redux:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else think Meriweather looked like he wanted to impersonate Ed Reed today?  I thought Meriweather played the overall best game of his career so far. 
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

It actually looked like they may have cloned Merriweather before the game. Like, how could he be in so many places at once. And McGowan looked like Rodney Harrison II.

I like this D - a lot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

We need to play 3rd down better but overall I'm extremely happy with the D after 4 games,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

Meriweather could become the next Ed Reed if he keeps playing like that.  He saved probably three touchdowns today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

I would nolt call a team that couldnt get off the field on third down and allowed a 100 yard rusher to average +10 yards per carry good.

They got LUCKY today, that and Brady was on the mark and the O finally started converting in the RZ

The O bailed out a crappy D today

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

I'm with all you guys on the D comin together today.  But did anyone else notice that the scheme felt different too?  I haven't seen anything on the number of blitzs per game or anything, but the game plan felt much more aggressive today.  It was almost as if Pees finally turned 'em loose.  Forget the conservative BS and let the horses run!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with all you guys on the D comin together today.  But did anyone else notice that the scheme felt different too?  I haven't seen anything on the number of blitzs per game or anything, but the game plan felt much more aggressive today.  It was almost as if Pees finally turned 'em loose.  Forget the conservative BS and let the horses run!
    Posted by atz640[/QUOTE]

exactly. Need to blitz alot now that we know the secondary can hold it's own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]I would nolt call a team that couldnt get off the field on third down and allowed a 100 yard rusher to average +10 yards per carry good. They got LUCKY today, that and Brady was on the mark and the O finally started converting in the RZ The O bailed out a crappy D today
    Posted by WCPatsFan[/QUOTE]

What's it like to be an R-tard?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

WHAT???

[QUOTE]I would nolt call a team that couldnt get off the field on third down and allowed a 100 yard rusher to average +10 yards per carry good. They got LUCKY today, that and Brady was on the mark and the O finally started converting in the RZ The O bailed out a crappy D today
    Posted by WCPatsFan[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with all you guys on the D comin together today.  But did anyone else notice that the scheme felt different too?  I haven't seen anything on the number of blitzs per game or anything, but the game plan felt much more aggressive today.  It was almost as if Pees finally turned 'em loose.  Forget the conservative BS and let the horses run!
    Posted by atz640[/QUOTE]

I think BB is getting more confident in these guys and ready to let loose  bit

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I thought Bulter had some pretty huge breakups...  Meriweather was everywhere today, and the burst speed he showed when he had to breakup the pass on the opposite side of the field was impressive!  Mayo going down has helped Guyton really step into his own these past 4 games, and when Mayo is back we are going to be able to crank this defense up to 11!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I would nolt call a team that couldnt get off the field on third down and allowed a 100 yard rusher to average +10 yards per carry good. They got LUCKY today, that and Brady was on the mark and the O finally started converting in the RZ The O bailed out a crappy D today
    Posted by WCPatsFan

Did you watch the game?  Yeah, they gave up a few big plays (including a long Rice run that skewed the stats), but they made two huge 4 down stands, caused a turnover in the Red Zone, and gave up a total of 14 points.  

You've got to be kidding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Very good post. I have found it fascinating the last 2 weeks at the level of growth i have seen in Guyton ,merriweather and the rest of the defense. On the 4 and one guyton was reading it like a book. He practically exploded towards the RB. Merriweather....what can you say? He played like a caged animal and his speed is amazing-by the way did you see two of the three players who chased down rice after his 50 yard run....merriweather and guyton. Those two can flat out run. As stated before, its starting to get fun watching the D again. They will go through some bumps but I think as the season goes on they will be less and less.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

the *only* issue the D has now is third downs. And once that's buttoned up, we'll be golden.

By issue, I mean that the Raven's completed something like 8-11 or 9-12 3rd downs. It's just too much to give away in clutch situations. If we had that down to like 5-12 or something more manageable, think about how much more time that gives the offense to tack on points and give our D a rest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Bodden is the best CB since Law and Springs ain't no slouch either. Throw in a good second year guy in Wilhite and a good Rook in Butler and it is a very good set of CB's. Kind of like 2003. The Safeties are nasty, plain and simple. LB's? Guyton is the best of the bunch . . . for now. He looks like a supersized corner the way he runs. The D Line? Warren, Fork, Green, Wright - automatic. Burgess had some good rushes today. In fact, the Ravens were lucky. Some of those tipped passes could have been picked. I have never seen a Pats Defense this FAST.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Though tense, this was a FUN game - I absolutely LOVE our defense !! This is going to be an EXCITING season!!

Glad I got the NFL Sunday ticket - well worth it :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Though tense, this was a FUN game - I absolutely LOVE our defense !! This is going to be an EXCITING season!!

Glad I got the NFL Sunday ticket - well worth it :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]Though tense, this was a FUN game - I absolutely LOVE our defense !! This is going to be an EXCITING season!! Glad I got the NFL Sunday ticket - well worth it :-)
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

The first round pick will be fun in a year and a half, but imagine how good the D would be if Seymour was here!!! Call me greedy .............