Best Hands on a WR "You've Ever Seen" & Best Receiving Corps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Best Hands on a WR "You've Ever Seen" & Best Receiving Corps

For me, as much as, I admire Moss, this award goes to JOHN JEFFERSON of the SD CHARGERS & GREEN BAY PACKERS.  I bore witness to JJ ripping peoples hearts out again and again with some of the most acrobatic 1 hand snags I'd ever seen.  The best being a 25 to 30 yard rope from Fouts caught at the rear endzone line.  The pass was put where only he could get it.  I was about goal post high and shot out of a cannon.  He went up and snagged the nose of the football in the palm of his hand and came down with both feet in bounds without allowing the velocity of the pass to carry him out of bound or his other hand touching the ball. Best Receiving Corps would have to go to San Diego Chargers' Kellen Winslow Sr., Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, (later Wes Chandler), and Chuck Muncie out of the backfield.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Best Hands on a WR "You've Ever Seen" & Best Receiving Corps

I don't know how you do better than John Stallworth and Lynn Swann . . .

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, but those guys were just money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

No doubt about that.  If this was about a DUO, then they may rate number one.  My brother is the biggest Steeler fan and I had to eat it every Sunday.  They had two distinct advantages though, their defense and Franco Harris.  Their disadvantage was Terry Bradshaw (but that's a story for another day).  This must include the entire "receiving CORPS".  Thanks prairie mike for bring back all of my "childhood nightmares", deeply appreciated :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Randy Moss to me ha sby far the best hands i have ever seen. I mean the guy just runs past people, he can catch a TD in double or tripple coverage. He is just on a level of his own. As far as the best due goes? I am not sure, i agree that teh Steelers had a great corps back in the day but there have been a lot fo really good duos. In recent history there is Cris Carter and Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Randy Moss, Tory Holt and Issac Bruce, and Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. But you guys go way back with some of these teams so i am sure you know better then me. But I have to say the 2007 Patriots WR core has to rank in teh top 5. I mean we set the record for Offense that year and broke the TD records. Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, and Jabar gaffney was a pretty sweet set up if you ask me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

No one is going to get an arguement from me about Moss.  When I thought about this discussion (just like "killa") I was overwhelmed with "duos". That's why I wanted to focus on the entire receiving CORPS (including TE's and receiving back).  That is why I went with the "Air Coryell". You hit the nail on the head with the record breaking corps the Pats had in 2007.  Definitely TOP 5 easy.  The entire cast including our TE's (as a collective) and the indispensible KEVIN FAULK.  As a final note, KEVIN FAULK has to be a top 3 "most underrated players" candidate in his era.  Where would the PATS have been without him over the years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the best tandem so far would be stallworth,and swan,but thats only because they have been together for sometime.as for best hands it would come down to rice,or moss.now if moss was to play for a few more years,and welker dosent go anywhere,we could be re-doing this topic.jefferson,and joiner were huge with fouts.you just didnt see them together long after they gelled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This is sacrilege coming from a Pats fan but the best receiver I ever saw was Lance Alworth. Not sure about the best receiving corps but Alworth and Gary Garrison ( The Ghost ), were as good as any others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Best Hands on a WR "You've Ever Seen" & Best Receiving Corps:
    [QUOTE]This is sacrilege coming from a Pats fan but the best receiver I ever saw was Lance Alworth. Not sure about the best receiving corps but Alworth and Gary Garrison ( The Ghost ), were as good as any others.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]yes he was good in his day.him and welker have a lot of comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUDFAtTrTE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Art Monk, Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders was one of the best groups.

I think Moss, Welker and Galloway has the potential to rank near (if not at) the top.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Number 1-Randy Moss- never seen anyone catch so many passes with one hand
    Number 2-Fred Biletnikoff-even without stickum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cruise1010. Show cruise1010's posts

I like the duo of Randy Moss and Cris Carter.  They also had the best hands I've ever seen.  If Minnesota wasn't so snakebit this post wouldn't be necessary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cruise1010. Show cruise1010's posts

I also think that the best receiving corps. will be Moss, Welker, Galloway.  Having Galloway as your third receiver is sick!  Not to mention the crowded backfield with Faulk, Taylor, and Maroney.  Ouch!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

As a group how about the Houston Oiler's run and shoot receivers?  Haywood Jeffries, Drew Hill, Ernest Givens, Tony Jones, Curtis Duncan and Webster Slaughter, with the exception of Hill they were all in their 20's and had amazing group speed.

Best hands ever: Rice 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

"As a group, how about the Houston Oiler's run and gun receivers?  Haywood Jeffries, Drew Hill, Ernest Givens, Tony Jones, Curtis Duncan and Webster Slaughter, with the exception of Hill they were all in their 20's and had amazing group speed."

I forgot about them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm all about Moss for Best Hands. The catches he made in the 16-0 season were a careers worth of highlights for lesser receivers. As for Best Duo, how are we having this discussion without bringing up Jerry Rice and John Taylor?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Re: Best Hands on a WR

I totally agree with jednate.
    Best duo: Jerry Rice and />>> insert whatever SF WR name here <<<
    (most probably John Taylor)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Before he got injured Sterling Sharpe made a number of catches that could easily had been interspetions (Favre). Not sure if he had the best hands, just putting his name in there. Rice, Beilitnikoff Moss and Jefferson all worthy people.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Danny Abramowicz,Fred Belitnikoff,Swann were some of the best I've ever seen,but if you want a recieving corps Rice,Taylor,Clark and at the tight end Francis...There was another reciever from the past whose name escapes me but he played for the Seattle Seahawks,never mind my memory bank kicked in Steve Largent was the guys name he was a pretty good WR.If you want modern day WR's Moss,TO,and Wayne come to mind.As for Patriot Wr corps there have been a couple recently that compare to other great trio's:Brown,Givens and Branch..Moss,Welker,and Stallworth.This years version might be better Moss,Welker and Galloway....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Mark Clayton had some terrific catches. Yes, I'm a Dolphins fan but he was always double covered with no running game to speak of. I think Cliff Branch was underrated too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

FRED BILIDAKOFF ...BEST HANDS ... COUPLED WITH CLIFF BRANCH BEST DOU......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Sometimes it's easy to forget.  Those "roughnecks" in Houston were a special group.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Best Hands on a WR "You've Ever Seen" & Best Receiving Corps:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how you do better than John Stallworth and Lynn Swann . . . I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, but those guys were just money.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Showing my age but I'd go with Lance Alworth of the SD Chargers. Randy Moss of the Pats is no slouch either. I've witnessed numerous one handed grabs from RM. Another old timer not as acrobatic as some but caught everything thrown his way was the Jets George Saugher. There are numerous players that I can recall that at least need to be honorable mentions. Go Pats 2009!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

the always annoying micheal irving was fun to watch; great hands and that long stride like randy.Can't remember who played ion the other side back then, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you cant name the other WR then they were not a great duo, thats why whoever said Rice and (insert any name) is wrong because just saying Rice plays next to a guy does not make them the best duo. Now if you want to say Rice had teh best hands ever that is a fair argument but he was not a part of a fantastic duo he was the whole WR corps when he played. I like the Cris Carter and Randy Moss duo and either Rice or Moss for best hands.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

This has been great.  However, the "original" post was for "BEST HANDS" and BEST RECEIVING CORPS" (meaning 2 WR, TE, and BACK (3rd down or otherwise if utilized in the passing game like our own Kevin Faulk or the Marshal Falk).  Reading all this posts has really bought back some fun memories.  Matt Birk (sitting in for Peter King on MM QB) suggested yesterday that NFL films get it's own channel.  I concurr wholeheartedly...