Best NFL Draft resource?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Best NFL Draft resource?

I used to go through this ritual every year where I bought an ESPN Insider subscription but, no more. 

On draft day I have my assortment of NFL Draft magazines (Pro Football Weekly, etc;) and colored Sharpie pens to keep track. I usually circle my own selections/predictions the day before the draft. By then, more info seems to come out. 

Wondering what your NFL Draft day ritual is like. What resources do use for draft day? Is there a "have to have it" draft book/rag/mag you keep handy? The web usually is slower than normal on draft day and I use that as my secondary source unless I'm getting good speeds. I also kick the family out for the day. ;-)

Let's hear what you all do. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Re: Best NFL Draft resource?

Last year, I would check Mike Reiss' or the official Patriots twitter page and you would get Patriots trade or picks info a few minutes before ESPN. Thats something else you can do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I keep up with the Pats, Reiss, and Schefter twitters. For the prospects leading up to the draft I like to check out Walterfootball, draftcountdown, mockingthedraft, fftoolbox, and thefootballexpert. On draft day I have a big white board (being an engineer has it's perks). I normally use it for fantasy drafting but I toss up my favorites for the draft in different positions and tend to get more excited as they get closer to their pick. I actually put my top 10 in each position on it. I kinda find it fun crossing off the names and seeing who ends up going where.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: Best NFL Draft resource?:
    I keep up with the Pats, Reiss, and Schefter twitters. For the prospects leading up to the draft I like to check out Walterfootball, draftcountdown, mockingthedraft, fftoolbox, and thefootballexpert. On draft day I have a big white board (being an engineer has it's perks). I normally use it for fantasy drafting but I toss up my favorites for the draft in different positions and tend to get more excited as they get closer to their pick. I actually put my top 10 in each position on it. I kinda find it fun crossing off the names and seeing who ends up going where.
    Posted by PatsEng

You know, I've got a Twitter account but, have never utilized it really. I'm going to start doing that tonight. The whiteboard's a good idea. I like that and will be hitting Wal-Mart tomorrow for one. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Our Lads is a good professional source for assessing draftees. 

Most recently they have us taking Brandon Graham in the first round. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

for reasearching porspect i use http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010. it has a complete list of almost all prospects and their projected round.  On draft day i look at an excel file i made of top players who would best fit the pats system and the round at which they are projected to be selected. I then watch espn and reiss's feed. GO PATS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pretty much do the same thing as all of you but use our own site because we pretty much already have all the aggregate data organized and Pats specified by Draft day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

this year, i discovered the espn nfl draft machine. it was around even last year, but it's new to me and i really enjoyed the way it's set up. i have my screen split to show the draft machine on one side and stats on the other so i can figure out each team's needs and position they are likely to pick.

here's the link for anyone who wants to try it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/features/draftmachine/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Ok, I need to show my wife I'm not the only guy who has a draft Party complete with 54" big screen White Board and Computer hooked up to a 36" LCD.

We (usually 10-12 of us) all bet on who goes first and to whom. And We bet on the first position and player taken by the patriots and even bet on do they stand pat at 22, trade up or down etc.  This year the draft party is going to be weird, We are doing both Thursday and Friday. I am hoping they (NFL go to a Friday for the first round and Saturday for round 2-4, Sunday 5-7) next year because it will be easier to do a get together for that.

Luckily the Wives will be having a party of their own Thursday (Playing Poker (If it becomes Strip poker I thionk the guys might defect as we have some pretty hot wives), and their all going out to a movie on Friday night and out to dinner.

So Saturday I am going to have to do something with my wife.  I am thinking we'll go shopping in Freeport Outlet Hopping (home of LL Bean for those who don't know) and dinner. Works regardless of weather. Not to mention I could use a new Turkey call and fishing gear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Oh and for mags I use pro football weekly, Patriots weekly, and we monitor the teets from Patriots Reiss and Schefter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Oh and for mags I use pro football weekly, Patriots weekly, and we monitor the teets from Patriots Reiss and Schefter.
    Posted by DaBlade

If your wives are so hot, why are you checking out Schefter's teets?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Best NFL Draft resource? :  If your wives are so hot, why are you checking out Schefter's teets?
    Posted by Cyberknot

Have you seen Schefter's teet's   O.O  they are glorious

but seriously DaBlade yeah I want the NFL to go to Fri, Sat, Sun. But, we're all nuts with white boards and numerous resources so they have us hooked anyways.