Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

I think you would have to say its close between Brady, and the two Manning brothers. We saw what happened when the Colts lost Peyton for the season, plus he won two mvps, Brady won two mvps, and Eli won two super bowls. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?:
    [QUOTE]I think you would have to say its close between Brady, and the two Manning brothers. We saw what happened when the Colts lost Peyton for the season, plus he won two mvps, Brady won two mvps, and Eli won two super bowls. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that, maybe throw Brees in there too. Rodgers has had a couple of good years but not 5 yet. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

2 lombardi's and 2 sb mvp's are all the respect eli, jints and their fans need

Really???  Where was that respect in 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10????
    Where was the respect in the middle of  07 & 11?
    How bout that presser.  Tons of respect there.
    2 good years out of 7 doesn't cut it and if he were a Qb for any other team, you'd agree.  He's not consistent.  Period!
    When and if that changes he will be considered.
    That goes for all QB's, not just ellie may.
    And as far as both mannings go.  Put them both together (20 years worth) and TB still has them beat.  It only took him 4 years (not a combined 20) to get 3.
    Lets see who gets to 4 first.
    I'm putting my $$$ on the one that's been to 5 in 10 years, not the 2 that have only been to 4 in 20. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? :  
    Posted by JintsFan[
    YearAgeTmNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWDAV
    200423NYGqb10971-6-09519748.2104363.094.6525.33.811.0115.955.413834.63.26.2110
    200524NYGQB10161611-5-029455752.83762244.3173.1786.86.212.8235.175.9281846.15.64.81214
    200625NYGQB1016168-8-030152257.73244244.6183.4556.25.610.8202.877.0251865.65.04.62211
    200726NYGQB10161610-6-029752956.13336234.3203.8606.35.511.2208.573.9272175.64.84.95610
    2008*27NYGQB10161612-4-028947960.33238214.4102.1486.86.711.2202.486.4271746.16.05.33312
    200928NYGQB1016168-8-031750962.34021275.3142.8747.97.712.7251.393.1302167.16.95.61213
    201029NYGQB10161610-6-033953962.94002315.8254.6927.46.511.8250.185.3161177.06.12.91112
    2011*30NYGQB1016169-7-035958961.04933294.9162.7998.48.113.7308.392.9281997.77.44.57815
    Career    12111969-50-02291392158.4275791854.71293.3997.06.512.0227.982.119413766.45.94.7212587

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? :  
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Like I said 2 good years out of 8 don't cut it.   http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-10-best-NFL-teams-of-the-last-decade?urn=nfl,205558

Where are the Giants and ellie may on this list?  Oh, there you are: listed as an afterthought.  You were lucky enough to squeak by the number one team of the decade.  In other words, you might have beat the best but you weren't the best.  No consistency=no credit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Setting bounties on players and playing to hurt and injure players is a way to win? Sorry. I don't care if Brees is playing offense or is the water boy coach. Its a team effort and when one does it the entire ship goes down.  Spygate was so minimal in the fact that tons of teams film coaching singals. Bill misunderstood and continued to do so the league came down and he didn't do it again. Sean Payton and co went about something that was inhumane and against the game. As a Patriots fan I understand what the Saints are going through but as an athlete and a college player myself I think its disgusting and deserves to always be mentioned along side that run. The Patriots won three seperate occasions and have been to five super bowls total.
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]
    Whoa now.  If you are somehow going to employ one scandal to make your point, you don't get to completely disregard the other. 

For the record, I didn't bring this up.  I am only rebutting.  Believing that Belichick, "misunderstood" the rule after being warned by the league apparently prior to the memo while at the same time labeling him a "genius" (not necessarily you but many others), is a fallacy.  He disregarded warnings just as the Saints did. 

If you are going to deny credit to one, you must deny credit to the other. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

08 and 09 were gifts to Manning for no reason, Brees was better both years! Always this argument of how he's more important to the team than any other player is to any other team....well UD6 as you now know that's simply because they built an offense around one player for a decade with no contingency plan and that absolutely killed them last year. I mean is it Peyton's brilliance or is it just awful GMing that put him in the position as the most important player, I would point to the latter because Brady's been better or just as good since 07 when he started passing more (not that i like it). So would you have given up a few of Manning's stats over the years for a shot at the superbowl last year? I'm talking simplification of the offense so someone else could run it, so that you didn't need the laser rocket arm on every play to run it. Peyton was your best player for over a decade in that time he won 1 championship, but i mean what if Luck turns out to be a bust (i don't think he will)...ultimately he could have sent the colts back to the doldrums for 5 years...6 if you include last year, if that does happen are you still going to come to this forum and talk up Peyton...i'd bet not!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : 08 and 09 were gifts to Manning for no reason, Brees was better both years!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

I think Rivers in 08 and Favre in 09 would have been more deserving than Brees in either of those years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Whoa now.  If you are somehow going to employ one scandal to make your point, you don't get to completely disregard the other.  For the record, I didn't bring this up.  I am only rebutting.  Believing that Belichick, "misunderstood" the rule after being warned by the league apparently prior to the memo while at the same time labeling him a "genius" (not necessarily you but many others), is a fallacy.  He disregarded warnings just as the Saints did.  If you are going to deny credit to one, you must deny credit to the other. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Good grief Dogg.  you've been shown a thousand times that the memo was not only conflicting but inconsistent with the original by-law.  Therefore trash.
    BB admitted that he should have gotten clarification but failed to do so.
    Now isn't there a law (both NFL and Federal) that says "thou shall not tank a game or season", that a good percentage of fans, fans of the colts, media and talking heads, think the colts are guilty of?
    Do you think Polian got any memos reminding him of that?  I do.
    Hard to believe the NFL would ignore those accusations.
    Turn a blind eye, yes.  Ignore, no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : I think Rivers in 08 and Favre in 09 would have been more deserving than Brees in either of those years.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I get you man, just an example. I remember wondering what the he ll had happened with the 09 award in particular blatant favouritism!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : 08 and 09 were gifts to Manning for no reason, Brees was better both years! Always this argument of how he's more important to the team than any other player is to any other team....well UD6 as you now know that's simply because they built an offense around one player for a decade with no contingency plan and that absolutely killed them last year. I mean is it Peyton's brilliance or is it just awful GMing that put him in the position as the most important player, I would point to the latter because Brady's been better or just as good since 07 when he started passing more (not that i like it). So would you have given up a few of Manning's stats over the years for a shot at the superbowl last year? I'm talking simplification of the offense so someone else could run it, so that you didn't need the laser rocket arm on every play to run it. Peyton was your best player for over a decade in that time he won 1 championship, but i mean what if Luck turns out to be a bust (i don't think he will)...ultimately he could have sent the colts back to the doldrums for 5 years...6 if you include last year, if that does happen are you still going to come to this forum and talk up Peyton...i'd bet not!  
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely laughable response.  Gifts?  really?

2008 - Saints were 8-8, Colts were 12-4.  Sure Brees passed for a ton of yards, but he threw the ball 80 more times than Manning.  His TD to INT ratio was worse than Manning, and his completion percentage was lower than Manning.  For goodness sake, at least lead your team to the playoffs as opposed to last place in the division if you think he deserves MVP, right?

2009 - The colts were undefeated until Manning was benched at the end of the season.  He did it a rookie 4th rounder and a 2nd year 6th rounder who caught only 4 balls the previous year.  If that doesn't prove Peyton's "brilliance" I don't know what does. 

As for a shot at the SB last year, even if the colts were better, they never would have made it with a back up QB.  You blast the stats while eliminating the effectiveness that wen't with those stats.  The pats had the benefit of a dominant defense that allowed the pats to be competitive with a "reigned" in offense.  That no longer exists, and the pats have been to one superbowl with it and lost. 

Regardless, this is about the best QB of the past 5 years, and here you diminishing Manning's accomplishments as gifts.  Bet you never do that with Brady.  His are all deserved, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Good grief Dogg.  you've been shown a thousand times that the memo was not only conflicting but inconsistent with the original by-law.  Therefore trash. BB admitted that he should have gotten clarification but failed to do so. Now isn't there a law (both NFL and Federal) that says "thou shall not tank a game or season", that a good percentage of fans, fans of the colts, media and talking heads, think the colts are guilty of? Do you think Polian got any memos reminding him of that?  I do. Hard to believe the NFL would ignore those accusations. Turn a blind eye, yes.  Ignore, no.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

BS - Belichick's actions were an example of a guy attempting to "outsmart" the rules.  This ain't no court of law.  If conflicting and as you note, Belichick could have simply asked for clarification.  He chose not to.  You and others conveniently forget that the pats were fingered for doing this the prior season vs. the Packers.  I suspect, and have heard as much, that the pats were warned at that time.  If that is true, then Belichick's public statements, "misinterpretation" and "I could have asked", were all just public saving face comments along with accepting responsibility. 

Regardless, I am not interested in getting into this again.  I've made my points very clear, and I am very comfortable with my position.  I was only interested in pointing out to the poster that he cannot disqualify one team's accomplishments while engaging in actions against league rules, and at the same time disregard those committed by the pats.  Either accept them all or reject them all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : BS - Belichick's actions were an example of a guy attempting to "outsmart" the rules.  This ain't no court of law.  If conflicting and as you note, Belichick could have simply asked for clarification.  He chose not to.  You and others conveniently forget that the pats were fingered for doing this the prior season vs. the Packers.  I suspect, and have heard as much, that the pats were warned at that time.  If that is true, then Belichick's public statements, "misinterpretation" and "I could have asked", were all just public saving face comments along with accepting responsibility.  Regardless, I am not interested in getting into this again.  I've made my points very clear, and I am very comfortable with my position.  I was only interested in pointing out to the poster that he cannot disqualify one team's accomplishments while engaging in actions against league rules, and at the same time disregard those committed by the pats.  Either accept them all or reject them all.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Rubish!  Just like the memo.
    Glad you are happy with the colts tanking the season though.
    MEMO:  Don't throw stones from glass houses.
    Did ya get that one?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Best QB in the Past 5 Years?:
    [QUOTE]Some think Eli Manning with 2 SB in the past 5 years. Thoughts?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]
    Why persist in pursuing such a subjective topic?  Jints will love the media that supports this as many Pats fans would not.  Besides, do we REALLY think ELI won those two SBs?  Yes, he made plays, but, in each SB win everyone points to some miracle play the Giants got late in the game to win.  Granted, those are the breaks as one inch here or there, IE - the feet placement of Manningham or hands of the defenders on his catch and the hands or ball placement for Welker on his miss, would have changed the outcome in the last SB.  Besides, Manning did not win SB42, credit goes to the Giants' D more than him but one player had to be picked and the Manning loving media picked him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : are you STILL on this?  you sound more idiotic with each post you need a hobby or something...try handball
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    You started it Jints by being an Eli lover and all for 2 SB wins with more failures.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Absolutely laughable response.  Gifts?  really? 2008 - Saints were 8-8, Colts were 12-4.  Sure Brees passed for a ton of yards, but he threw the ball 80 more times than Manning.  His TD to INT ratio was worse than Manning, and his completion percentage was lower than Manning.  For goodness sake, at least lead your team to the playoffs as opposed to last place in the division if you think he deserves MVP, right? 2009 - The colts were undefeated until Manning was benched at the end of the season.  He did it a rookie 4th rounder and a 2nd year 6th rounder who caught only 4 balls the previous year.  If that doesn't prove Peyton's "brilliance" I don't know what does.  As for a shot at the SB last year, even if the colts were better, they never would have made it with a back up QB.  You blast the stats while eliminating the effectiveness that wen't with those stats.  The pats had the benefit of a dominant defense that allowed the pats to be competitive with a "reigned" in offense.  That no longer exists, and the pats have been to one superbowl with it and lost.  Regardless, this is about the best QB of the past 5 years, and here you diminishing Manning's accomplishments as gifts.  Bet you never do that with Brady.  His are all deserved, right?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Look man don't start getting on about Brady's achievements maybe his first superbowl MVP isn't deserved but that's about it. Every year Brady's been MVP he's accomplished something special that no one ever did before. And don't bring into the equation Manning's scrap he had to work with in 09 in that case where's Brady's 06 MVP because he nearly took that team to the bowl with laughable talent around him. You're still bringing up these terrible D's Manning had...well whose fault is that, they loaded that O every year just for him whether he asked for it or not is another question! Your point was about Manning's MVPs in 08 and 09 i responded saying the only reason that he got those is that people had the misconception that Manning was the most important player because of his talents, I don't agree with that I think there were better players in both those years I also believe that the only reason Manning was so important to the colts is that the colts were built on the idea that Manning would be there forever therefore making him more important before he steps on the field because the colts literally put the team on his back....well done Peyton!, he had some great years in Indy but only 75% of his importance to the team was his own ability the other 25% was placed upon him by the GM meaning that due to the way the team was built he already seemed important before he threw a ball some years. Giving him a head start in every MVP race. Anyway dog I know i'm right for several reasons i.e. the firing of the Polians, the cleaning of house which is currently occuring and the Release of Manning! It might have taken Irsay a long time to see it but he finally realised that relying on one player the way the colts did on Peyton is not the way to win multiple championships, even if it does make Peyton a football God and get him the MVP every other year. I bet Peyton would take getting to the superbowl every other year over those dodgy MVP awards any day

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Why persist in pursuing such a subjective topic?  Jints will love the media that supports this as many Pats fans would not.  Besides, do we REALLY think ELI won those two SBs?  Yes, he made plays, but, in each SB win everyone points to some miracle play the Giants got late in the game to win.  Granted, those are the breaks as one inch here or there, IE - the feet placement of Manningham or hands of the defenders on his catch and the hands or ball placement for Welker on his miss, would have changed the outcome in the last SB.  Besides, Manning did not win SB42, credit goes to the Giants' D more than him but one player had to be picked and the Manning loving media picked him.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

It was still an outstanding pass by Eli. Give credit where credit is due...

Also, someone needs to explain to me why some posters are claiming Peyton Manning shouldn't be on this list. There are an awful lot of homers around here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Should not be an asterisk next to Brees' name. You'd think a Patriots fan would understand that. Brady, Brees are 1 & 2 without a doubt in my opinion.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Either that or there should an * next to both Brady and Brees....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]If people are gunna put an asterisk next to Brees, yet gloss over it for Tommy...frankly that's just feeble homerism.  No asterisks for either of them, both HOF players/leaders/winners. in no order, because all of these guys are just tremendous Brady Brees A Rodg E Manning Big Ben Peyton I want to knock Eli because he's still prone to the "what the heck was that" throw, but the dude has put a dagger in my team over and over, it is what it is...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

and maybe Rivers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Why persist in pursuing such a subjective topic?  Jints will love the media that supports this as many Pats fans would not.  Besides, do we REALLY think ELI won those two SBs?  Yes, he made plays, but, in each SB win everyone points to some miracle play the Giants got late in the game to win.  Granted, those are the breaks as one inch here or there, IE - the feet placement of Manningham or hands of the defenders on his catch and the hands or ball placement for Welker on his miss, would have changed the outcome in the last SB.  Besides, Manning did not win SB42, credit goes to the Giants' D more than him but one player had to be picked and the Manning loving media picked him.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Mostly because it's offseason and I was a lil bored Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : It was still an outstanding pass by Eli. Give credit where credit is due... Also, someone needs to explain to me why some posters are claiming Peyton Manning shouldn't be on this list. There are an awful lot of homers around here.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're referring to me man, but i havn't said Peyton shouldn't be on the list. I've just said that he didn't deserve the 08 and 09 MVPs because he wasn't even the best QB those 2 years but he got them due to the media perception at the time that he was massively important to the colts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.  

That should matter in the discussion. 
    ---------------------------------------

And lest you forget, its a complete and thorough mystery how Manning finished WAY ahead of Brees in the '09 voting despite throwing for fewer yards, fewer TD's, more INT's, lower QB rating, etc..
    He's a great player of course but that was truly Manning frontrunning at its finest.