Best Way to Find a NEW Job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Best Way to Find a NEW Job?

Any input out there?

Headhunter?

No Monster pleae.. they suck. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Best Way to Find a NEW Job?

Some temp agencies are good (Aerotek being one), others however are not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I actually know a few people who went through them...

I'm not sure they specialize in the business field however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

read the obits and apply to the job they just died at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Best Way to Find a NEW Job?:
    [QUOTE]Any input out there? Headhunter? No Monster pleae.. they suck. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Google what you're looking for, and it should bring up all the job listings that are out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

career builder if your a professional

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Steve Jobs just died, maybe Getzo can get his job.

In Response to Re: Best Way to Find a NEW Job?:
    [QUOTE]read the obits and apply to the job they just died at.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Indeed.com, pretty much searches all the job search web sights for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

I saw that only 56, ingenious inventor and smart businessman, maybe Getzo could do it, but I doubt there's anyone that can fill his shoes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Thanks for the info guys..

BTW I can't do the Apple gig as I would intentionally destroy that company....  not before I sold all my stock that is...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What field and State?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]What field and State?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I've been in sales management for years... in Cali(LA)...

Anything business related really has always caught my eye such as marketing, management consulting, even financial advising.

Just looking to make a career change and start a career for that matter.

Any ideas tcal?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

hahahahah thats cold blooded but still funny as sheet!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

become a master plumber, electrician, brick mason, carpenter.

Plenty of jobs in Alaska w/ premium pay...Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Networking!!  I've found that most good jobs aren't filled thru help wanted ads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Craigslist has thousands of jobs postings, in all fields, all over the country. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My mother was desperate for a job.  She went to a state university for courses required to teach art in high school.  The department head told her that one of his art professors had dropped dead the day before.  She taught art in college for the rest of the school year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

As mentioned above Networking, Networking, Networking.  If you know people in the field your interested in talk to them, ask if they have contacts.  If you don't know anyone look for job network meetings and seminars.  Basically these are meetings of people looking to make contacts.  Hand out resumes, business cards, just make contacts.  There are job training centers that will have job lists/meeting seminars etc.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Getzo, I really can't tell'ya how to actually FIND a job...  Lmao...not in this present day & age.  But here's some extremely simple advice after you "target" an employer with an available job you're after.  

#1-Even before this...Target a job you are almost assuredly able to just get an interview for (i.e. semi-cr#p job you're not trully interested in).  You haven't been job-hunting in awhile... And even 1 month off of job-hunting, ANY & EVERY person's interview skills s#ck...  You WANT this ice-breaking/practice warm-up interview.  You do NOT want the first interview you're getting, in any even small span of time, to be that interview with a job that you know could be a killer job to get...

#2-NO ostentation in your resume.  Short is actually MUCH better.  My mom is the head manager for 1/2 the Traveler's building in Hartford (idk how THAT works?), And she's interviewed and hired 100's and 100's of employess.  ~Says she despises things in a resume that are overly "glowing b-s-, regarding a person's OWN take on their skill-set, that takes the place of actual qualifications of ANY sort).  Same thing goes especially, with font stuff used in your resume.  Obviously, you NEED just a small bit of change-up in terms of font-type/resume look, and those unmeasurable skill-set statements...  BUT just a VERY tiny bit within these factors, goes miles.  Err on the side of short & succinct and actually practical & professional.

#3-Ya get an interview, Do NOT call to thank them (act of total desperation).  DO show your gratitude in extremely short & certain basic gratuity, by sending them an e-mail OR actual basic letter <Again...Even being totally generic in this letter of appreciation is gonna work in your favor.  It's the act & attention to the very detail of being thorough in your endeavors, which trumps the more "personalized" thank you, towards this individual/company figure />

Remember...you're "wooing" them.  Very short & distinctly memorable resume listing absolutes and hard qualifiers.  Then VERY personable, and easy-going interview (working off the interviewer's personalty)- Jokes are good, easy-going is good.  They digress, and USE that to say funny & memorable thing...  <clearly, don't be absurdly over the top in terms of being SO lax />  Dress meticulously clean.  THEN your very generic "thank you" email/letter.  You want them, wanting you.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I signed up at Career Builder years ago and still to this day I get e-mails from people wanting to hire me. Its free and easy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Secret service is hiring, no college required. Do you like 75 page long applications? If you have a degree I always thought the ATF and border patrol sounded fun.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No suggestions but good luck finding something new Getzo!

Btw, anyone know anyone looking for someone for photoediting or photoshop work hit me up, always looking for a side gig.  Sorry, Getzo, I had to throw that in here, LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Getzo run for Congress....do nothing with great pay and bennies.

BMF can you airbrush a grizzled old biker from Vermont lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

How about defensive assistant something or other for the Pats.  Someone needs to coach this group up.