BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?

Deion might have been fast, but he was a total p*ssy when it came to contact, which to me made his game 1 dimensional...he was fast...big deal.

Bo was a warrior....had had a lot more skill than just being fast. There is no competition between these two....Bo was in another league over the fluffy Sanders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Some are failing to understand the nature of this question:  

Being a primary question of who was, doesn't yield a primary "who could", or "who might", Yet critically, it neither elicits any sort of present (either in the past or currently) constructions on the understood nature of the future, or more specifically, aspects of timelessness bound in greater longevity... The "Who did", for some reason becomes murky & alienated from objective considerations and even the most careful analysises, Once Again for some reason, being bent less by equal formalties of space & time, but rather in instances such as these, It's corruption through a mistaken overestimation of time far beyond & above, the nature of space, Inevitably causes an at first (to some) seemingly clear & cut certain summation & absolute correctness of this question pondered, to be riddled with inconsistencies in the designs and weights of the very quotients & at once, seemingly cut-and-dry, known laws, which were hitherto at first, taken as fatually & universally regarded hard guarentees...

I understand...I DO.  BUT, IF you were to ask me, "Laz, can you parlay this theory into a far more specifically detailed, everyday construct...?" My answer is, "But of course...".  Here it is:

They did Michael Jordan, just fine, o.k.?  We can just leave him outta this...That thesis and all the arguments it entails, is on completely solid footing...so let's leave it be.  The question (i.e. problem) here, revolves around the deepest ontological intanglement within Wayne Gretzky's reality vs. his societal construct AND Bo Jackson's reality vs. HIS societal construct...  The first HINT of this microcosmic chink-in-the-argument's-armour, Is so utterly & readily apparent, that it nearly JUMPS out, Begging to be posed...  Bo could run, hit, run people over, catch...man, etc., etc., and etc..  Wayne Gretzky...?  He could swing a hockey stick.  And honestly, HOW many instances, even IN the absurd world of Saturday Morning Cartoons, IS Gretzky going to use his near superhuman Pro-Star hockey-stick-swinging Skill, in order to defeat whatever forces of evil the were about to face each week (like many, I'm still pretty unsure what these forces actually were)...  Verses Jordan?!  And even moreso...VERSES Bo (and his multi-verse of talents and skill-sets)?!?!?  Please...! 
         Now...If we wanna dive even deeper, one can also see that Hannah-Barbara constructed a rather "jacked" and muscular Wayne Gretzky...  BUT...alright, this is gettin' long, so I'll leave you all with a deep seated problem, that only each of YOU, can ask his or her-self, and thus, find & reflect on where YOU, yourself stand within your personal answer...

Q: <you're saying this in complete earnestness while peering for a long time into your mirror />  "Do I <name>, Find it a much more difficult & more universally disturbing & d#mning reality, THAT: A) Wayne Gretzky was so absurdly j#cked up & muscled out, that Gretzky actually looked even bigger (in certain combos of height & frame) than Jordan & Jackson...OR: B) Am I far more disturbed that they even portrayed Bo, as an actual member of this superstar trio, b/c imho, even at the TIME of creation, I felt that Bo was Soooo unworthy of this prestigious acknowledgement, that this travesty even made that doofus who looks sorta like Wes Welker, an absolutely FANTASTIC fit, to play Spiderman...?"

...Whichever answer you give?  ...THERE, is your response, to whether Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders was/is/could be/should have/did/should be a better or worse athlete than Bo Jackson.       

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I'm sorry, Laz...could you repeat that, please?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

WAKE THE F*** UP!!  Bo is the Poster Boy for 80's Steroid abuse.  Funny how his body broke down at such an early age....wink wink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?:
    [QUOTE]WAKE THE F*** UP!!  Bo is the Poster Boy for 80's Steroid abuse.  Funny how his body broke down at such an early age....wink wink.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]THE MAN GOT INJURED? IS GRANT HILL THE POSTeR CHILD TOO? is  chad pennington? bo looks exactly the same by the way. he  didnt shrink a la mark mcgwire and others. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry, Laz...could you repeat that, please?
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Lol...Clearly, all I'm sayin' is that for those that consider Deion Sanders to be a better athlete than Bo Jackson, Overall their best bet imho is to trade in their wristwatch at the nearest pawn shop (I'd go with either some nice bling, or mayyybe a pistol...I like the look of sig sauers, but no sane person would ever sell me a gun, so I'd probably just get some bad-#ss sterling bracelet)...  Anyway, for those who believe Sanders was a better athlete, the reason WHY they should trade in their wristwatch, is because they've come to regard the absolute nature of time, in such an extreme & unfortunate subjective sense, tallied, and referenced, and accounted for, Through not ONLY their pale human consciousness (and all it's filters), but further warped through their own unique & subjective sense of what time entails, based on their experiences & personal values & viewpoints on what Time means... 

Thus (and I'm talkin' bare minimum here folks), They need to do everything they possibly can, in order to become a little more "unstuck" in time.  I had a wristwatch once...years ago.  Girlfriend gave it to me, X-mas gift, and man it was pretty d#mn nice too...kinda like heavy duty leather straps, meets modern outdoors silver face.  I gave her these cheap pearl earings...but it's just because all the OTHER things I REALLY wanted to get her, were out of my $35 price range...but the person at Service Merchandise ended up puttin' the earings in a nice box though (usually they're just attached to a small piece of cardboard I guess).  That b#tch dumped me though... No, Not because of the earings, but because I was "too clingy" or something.  Then I went out with her bestfriend, and she's like, "Oh, I WANT you again...". 
         I guess my overall point is, I lost the watch...  Hmm, couple years later on she told me she lost 1 of the earings too.  She said she cried & was hysterical.  I wanted to be like, "Who cares, they were 18 bucks? Sheez, stop bein' so superficial...".  But I didn't say that because I was trying to sleep with her again.  I didn't get to though...it's like they know when you don't even care anymore (except for the sex).  So she saw right through that one!  But seriously her older sister didn't (I hooked up with her when she visited me at college)...And I ain't even braggin' here (largely b/c being egotistical wasn't among my starter points that I've completely & totally ceased making on this post altogether anyway)...
         Back to the watch...I lost it at a Lacrosse game.  <actual long pause />  Hmm, I guess that's about all there says in terms of how I feel about losing that watch...weird.  Nothin' ya can do, I mean, I went back and looked for it for almost half an hour, but it was gettin' dark and I had stuff to do.  I never bought another watch though, and it's got nothing to do with the girl.  I just don't think I need one.  I'm late for work alot.  Gotta be honest, a watch really wouldn't help matters, b/c I'd still be late.  The only difference would be, my boss might comment, "...But you got a watch on!"  My comment would still be, "So?"  Coincidentally last girl I dated, actually wanted to buy me just some sick expensive watch, our last x-mast together.  I asked her why?  She said, "To tell time."  I'm like, "Psshh, Been dere, done that; I ain't goin' down THAT road again!"

...I'm glad I cleaned up my meaning in post #1 for everyone.  Yea sorry, that last post was sorta all over the place.          

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS? : Lol...Clearly, all I'm sayin' is that for those that consider Deion Sanders to be a better athlete than Bo Jackson, Overall their best bet imho is to trade in their wristwatch at the nearest pawn shop (I'd go with either some nice bling, or mayyybe a pistol...I like the look of sig sauers, but no sane person would ever sell me a gun, so I'd probably just get some bad-#ss sterling bracelet)...  Anyway, for those who believe Sanders was a better athlete, the reason WHY they should trade in their wristwatch, is because they've come to regard the absolute nature of time, in such an extreme & unfortunate subjective sense, tallied, and referenced, and accounted for, Through not ONLY their pale human consciousness (and all it's filters), but further warped through their own unique & subjective sense of what time entails, based on their experiences & personal values & viewpoints on what Time means...  Thus (and I'm talkin' bare minimum here folks), They need to do everything they possibly can, in order to become a little more "unstuck" in time.  I had a wristwatch once...years ago.  Girlfriend gave it to me, X-mas gift, and man it was pretty d#mn nice too...kinda like heavy duty leather straps, meets modern outdoors silver face.  I gave her these cheap pearl earings...but it's just because all the OTHER things I REALLY wanted to get her, were out of my $35 price range...but the person at Service Merchandise ended up puttin' the earings in a nice box though (usually they're just attached to a small piece of cardboard I guess).  That b#tch dumped me though... No, Not because of the earings, but because I was "too clingy" or something.  Then I went out with her bestfriend, and she's like, "Oh, I WANT you again...".       I guess my overall point is, I lost the watch...  Hmm, couple years later on she told me she lost 1 of the earings too.  She said she cried & was hysterical.  I wanted to be like, "Who cares, they were 18 bucks? Sheez, stop bein' so superficial...".  But I didn't say that because I was trying to sleep with her again.  I didn't get to though...it's like they know when you don't even care anymore (except for the sex).  So she saw right through that one!  But seriously her older sister didn't (I hooked up with her when she visited me at college)...And I ain't even braggin' here (largely b/c being egotistical wasn't among my starter points that I've completely & totally ceased making on this post altogether anyway)...      Back to the watch...I lost it at a Lacrosse game.  <actual long pause />  Hmm, I guess that's about all there says in terms of how I feel about losing that watch...weird.  Nothin' ya can do, I mean, I went back and looked for it for almost half an hour, but it was gettin' dark and I had stuff to do.  I never bought another watch though, and it's got nothing to do with the girl.  I just don't think I need one.  I'm late for work alot.  Gotta be honest, a watch really wouldn't help matters, b/c I'd still be late.  The only difference would be, my boss might comment, "...But you got a watch on!"  My comment would still be, "So?"  Coincidentally last girl I dated, actually wanted to buy me just some sick expensive watch, our last x-mast together.  I asked her why?  She said, "To tell time."  I'm like, "Psshh, Been dere, done that; I ain't goin' down THAT road again!" ...I'm glad I cleaned up my meaning in post #1 for everyone.  Yea sorry, that last post was sorta all over the place.          
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Um...okay. Thanks for the "clarification," lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]You're asking which is a better athlete, not which had more power - strength alone does not an athlete make.  Open ended question, but Bo had a couple great years, got beat up, and retired.  Deion continued to play at a high level at a position which requires an intense amount of quickness and agility for many years.  Sure, Bo had power, but Deion is a better all around athlete......especially looking at them now :) ...looks like 'm the only one that feels this way.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

Bo didn't get beat up, he had to have a hip replacement. It's a little different especially for the RB position.  Deion never had to take the beating that a RB did either so it's easier to maintain that.  Darrell Green played until he was 42, find a RB that played till he was that old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Bo Diddley was definitely better than  Dionne Warwick.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Coming out of college Bo Jackson was our nation's most talented Track&Field athlete, probably in all the world.  A freak hip injury derailed an amazing career... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Bo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Bo Diddley was definitely better than  Dionne Warwick.........
    Posted by mojobag101[/QUOTE]

Yes....but Dionne was multi-faceted.  She hosted Psychic Network Infomercials.  Did Bo do that????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS? : Bo didn't get beat up, he had to have a hip replacement. It's a little different especially for the RB position.  Deion never had to take the beating that a RB did either so it's easier to maintain that.  Darrell Green played until he was 42, find a RB that played till he was that old.
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]
    marcus allen, OJ anderson