big vince

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

big vince

should we try and trade vince wilfork? he could free up a lot of capspace and provide a great draft pick, the draft is loaded with good dt,s im not saying vince is a bad player,he is great,but just thinking for the now and the future of the team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: big vince

NO! I dont think you get better by trading your best players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The "new" math of addition by subtraction escapes us ole timers.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Get real - everybody talks up Brady's deal, but VW is playing on a contract well below market price for his production. And he is a great teammate. He is one of the heart and soul players and you just don't drop that kind of guy.

The player of the 'old guard' that I am least excited about is Mankins. I think with injuries his level of play has slipped, and his 'replacement' this past year, Thomas. played as well or a little better than he did at a much lower price. Of our UFAs I think beyond the top three, getting Thomas back at a reasonable contract is more important than anyone else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Vince is a machine!  Most important he is the leader on defense, that alone would be a big blow to the defense if he was to leave, who would lead that defense?  You gotta keep Big Vince, I just don't see how it would be a good thing to let him go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

You realize that if you trade Vince, you go from having a defense that can't stop the pass to a defense that cant stop the pass and the run?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Someone said his body type does not age well. I disagree, he is size and strength based first, agility second (not saying he isn't athletic) . Hasn't anybody heard of old-man strength?

Men take longer to recover as they get older and get slower but typically the strength peaks later and sticks around longer. I don't see why he cannot play 5 more years at top level.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Vince is a machine!  Most important he is the leader on defense, that alone would be a big blow to the defense if he was to leave, who would lead that defense?  You gotta keep Big Vince, I just don't see how it would be a good thing to let him go.

The "machine" had 1 tackle & no QB pressures vs. the Ravens in the AFC championship game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

The "machine" had 1 tackle & no QB pressures vs. the Ravens in the AFC championship game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4736296/stats-glance-quantifying-wilforks-impact

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and we still haven't recovered from Seymour......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Ravens do own Vince. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The Ravens do own Vince.

I doubt you were saying that after the 2011 championship game...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well I was saying it after the 2009 playoff loss when he got Pancaked on the very first Raven Offensive play that resulted in an 83 yard Ray Rice TD run. 

Hey no big deal man even Superman has his Krytonite.  By the way, since you brought it up, what were his stats from 2011?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No trading this guy.  He is another Core guy on this team!   Gotta keep these guys not get rid of them!   

Examples; Seymour and Asante.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Well I was saying it after the 2009 playoff loss when he got Pancaked on the very first Raven Offensive play that resulted in an 83 yard Ray Rice TD run. 

Hey no big deal man even Superman has his Krytonite.  By the way, since you brought it up, what were his stats from 2011?

well by your logic, the ravens own brady too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

... and our defense.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

You just can't resist can you?

For what its worth he shredded them in the reg season

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

No trading this guy.  He is another Core guy on this team!   Gotta keep these guys not get rid of them!   

Examples; Seymour and Asante.

Umm, Asante wasn't traded.  Seymour was and BB fleeced Al Davis.  Seymour is now a FA after being overpaid and overrated in Oakland for 4 years, while NE has a very nice LT, emerging into one of the ebst in the AFC, certainly emerging alongside a guy like Joe Thomas in Cleveland.

I'd welcome back Seymour here at a good price and plop him next to Wilfork if ol Richard was up for it.

Would you rather use the first rounder on a DT or bring in a vet?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Someone said his body type does not age well. I disagree, he is size and strength based first, agility second (not saying he isn't athletic) . Hasn't anybody heard of old-man strength?

Men take longer to recover as they get older and get slower but typically the strength peaks later and sticks around longer. I don't see why he cannot play 5 more years at top level.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Ted Wahisngton had a similar body type and played and played well until he was 39.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

You just can't resist can you?

For what its worth he shredded them in the reg season

im saying hes an idiot for saying the ravens own vince, it just isnt true. brady has had his good and bad games vs the ravens, just like vince.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't trade this guy now - a few years ago when he wanted to get paid I might of considered it because we had absolutely no pieces in place to run our 34 defense, but not now. Vince has been worth every cent of his contract and you know he'd restructure in a second if we asked him to...the guy is the best player we have on defense by far.