Bill Belichick and Jim Brown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Bill Belichick and Jim Brown

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

By page 2 of the thread Jim Brown became an afterthought.

You're right and I am as guilty as anyone of derailing the thread.  Apologies to the OP and those interested in the original topic.

As I am

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Section136's comment:

[QUOTE]

Also, this TEAM (not Brady - the team)  has won 100 games more than it has lost under this staff. Again, don't take my word - look it up.

I looked it up. This team is .500 with BB and no Brady.

[/QUOTE]

You can't really count the first year BB was the HC and GM in 2000. It wasn't "This" team yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Then are we going to remove the years he had Law, Bruschi, McGinist, Vinatieri, Faulk, Milloy, Johnson, Jones and Woody from BB's record of accomplishments in this as well?

Because that would be the objective thing to do based on your premise.

[/QUOTE]

Who's on the team has nothing to do with it. It takes at least one year to make any team "yours". One year to put in the structure of how you want the team run, how you want everyone to play, how you want everyone to practice and how you want everyone to coach. One year to find out who "your guys" are and who isn't worth the air they breath. And that would be for a normal team not one that was left in the mess that Carrol left behind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Babe has become completely unglued, stumbling to the ropes.

All comers have been bludgeoned into a coma dumbkoff, because I have the facts on my side.

[/QUOTE]

You have no facts. Neither does your boyfriend, TFB12. For him to claim he followed the Browns and not know Brown and BB are close, to not know the facts about BB's charitable work and time give in Cleveland, means he's a major fraud. As are you.

[/QUOTE]

You are a madman. Only a madman would think having knowledge of BB and Brown being friends or BB's charitable work has anything to do with the discussion of BB as a GM. Get help you demented psycho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

pcmIV exposed you, though.  Weis also exposed you. It was funny. YOu must have missed it. GO read it.

Already bludgeoned that one nutjob. All Weiss said was BB AND Pioli sent Dick to look at SIX QBs. Dick Rehbein picked the winner of that group dum bass, not BB. LMAO@U

What did you think, the HC was going to go scout and work out a 6th round pick? Idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Section136's comment:

[QUOTE]

Also, this TEAM (not Brady - the team)  has won 100 games more than it has lost under this staff. Again, don't take my word - look it up.

I looked it up. This team is .500 with BB and no Brady.

[/QUOTE]

You can't really count the first year BB was the HC and GM in 2000. It wasn't "This" team yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Then are we going to remove the years he had Law, Bruschi, McGinist, Vinatieri, Faulk, Milloy, Johnson, Jones and Woody from BB's record of accomplishments in this as well?

Because that would be the objective thing to do based on your premise.

[/QUOTE]

Who's on the team has nothing to do with it. It takes at least one year to make any team "yours".

[/QUOTE]

Oh just spare us the mindless spin. When Brady got on the field, BB looked like a genius. End of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not going to stop telling it like it is.

I have thoroughly discredited the criteria those articles used. Further, the articles were written by nobodys, with little stature in the field of punditry.

Their criteria were things like how many drafted players remained in the league. That is a joke. How many guys that you draft who may be able to hang on as a scrub on some terrible team is no real measure of what builds championship teams through the draft. Ridiculous. And other criteria was the av ratings of PFR. Another joke. As I pointed out those tools give Fetus Head an av of 235 and Brady a 177. You really want to hang your hat on idiocy like that? Other criteria were how many pro-bowls people made. A guy like Brandon Meriweather had 2 pro-bowl years and Ed Reed had 9 (and five 1st team all-pros). You really are going to try to tell us Ed Reed is only worth 4 Brandon Meriweathers??? Another joke.

If a team has not won a SB in the last 8 years despite having the best coach in the game and arguably the best QB, then the GM MUST be average. Point out the flaw in that. 

[QUOTE]

Well, I have no credentials in punditry, but I don't know how you can possibly argue that winning a SB is what defines a successful GM. It's almost entirely random. 

Look at the Giants. They're a mediocre NFL team and have been for a long time, look at their record. They just got hot and very, very lucky. If their GM is an ace, which he must be based on your criteria, how can that team be so bad now?

If they miss the playoffs this year, that will be four of the last five years. He should be fired. 

So Ozzie Newsome won two SBs a dozen years apart. Is he a great GM because his team got incredibly lucky last year? If the answer is yes, was he a lousy GM all those years in between?

Ted Thompson's Packers snuck into the playoffs as a wild card in 2010 and went on a roll. So that makes him a great GM? 

I could go on and on. The best a GM can do is give his coach the players that suit the style the team plays and then hope for the best. But the guys who do the best job don't always win championships. Winning year after year and having a chance is the very best you can ask for.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

pcmIV exposed you, though.  Weis also exposed you. It was funny. YOu must have missed it. GO read it.

Already bludgeoned that one nutjob. All Weiss said was BB AND Pioli sent Dick to look at SIX QBs. Dick Rehbein picked the winner of that group dum bass, not BB. LMAO@U

What did you think, the HC was going to go scout and work out a 6th round pick? Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Rhebein did not pick any winner. Rhebein came back saying Rattay and Brady were the best in his opinion.

BB chose Brady. Period. End of story.  FACT

[/QUOTE]

WRONG!

Rehbein simply gave "positive reviews" on both Brady and Rattay; the other 4, no.The record clearly shows that he was wild about Brady's potential.

BB took in the 6th round the guy he was told to take.

BB's only part in this was to say go see 6 guys and then do what he was told. LMAO@U

You are a colossal moron. Even when the facts look you right in the eye, you lie like the sniveling dog that you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment to Babe Parilli:

Well, I have no credentials in punditry, but I don't know how you can possibly argue that winning a SB is what defines a successful GM. It's almost entirely random. 

Look at the Giants. They're a mediocre NFL team and have been for a long time, look at their record. They just got hot and very, very lucky. If their GM is an ace, which he must be based on your criteria, how can that team be so bad now?

If they miss the playoffs this year, that will be four of the last five years. He should be fired. 

So Ozzie Newsome won two SBs a dozen years apart. Is he a great GM because his team got incredibly lucky last year? If the answer is yes, was he a lousy GM all those years in between?

Ted Thompson's Packers snuck into the playoffs as a wild card in 2010 and went on a roll. So that makes him a great GM? 

I could go on and on. The best a GM can do is give his coach the players that suit the style the team plays and then hope for the best. But the guys who do the best job don't always win championships. Winning year after year and having a chance is the very best you can ask for.

Credence

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Babe has become completely unglued, stumbling to the ropes.

All comers have been bludgeoned into a coma dumbkoff, because I have the facts on my side.

[/QUOTE]

You have no facts. Neither does your boyfriend, TFB12. For him to claim he followed the Browns and not know Brown and BB are close, to not know the facts about BB's charitable work and time give in Cleveland, means he's a major fraud. As are you.

[/QUOTE]

You are a madman. Only a madman would think having knowledge of BB and Brown being friends or BB's charitable work has anything to do with the discussion of BB as a GM. Get help you demented psycho.

[/QUOTE]

You're the one who tried to change this into one of your paranoid agenda driven threads.

You derailed it.

[/QUOTE]

LIAR! You are mental. Wozzy started the argument in the very first reply to the op.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Random? Then I guess the Raiders have the same chance of winning it this year as the donkeys. Amazing insight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rhebein did not pick any winner. Rhebein came back saying Rattay and Brady were the best in his opinion.

BB chose Brady. Period. End of story.  FACT

[/QUOTE]

WRONG!

Rehbein simply gave "positive reviews" on both Brady and Rattay; the other 4, no.The record clearly shows that he was wild about Brady's potential.

BB took in the 6th round the guy he was told to take.

BB's only part in this was to say go see 6 guys and then do what he was told. LMAO@U

You are a colossal moron. Even when the facts look you right in the eye, you lie like the sniveling dog that you are.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry. pcmIV exposed you badly above.  Rhebein is dead. Weiss is not.  Weis is the primary source.

It's also disturbing for you to think that BB, the new Pats GM, would leave his first draft solely into the hands of a QB coach.   What a pathetic, desperate and irrational premise.

You lose. As usual.

[/QUOTE]

All Weiss said is that BB and Pioli sent Rehbein to look at SIX QBs imbecile.

And what did you think BB went by to choose from the 6 QBs numbnuts? His intuition? You're a moron.

You lose, just like every other day for the last 3 years. LMAO@U

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

And what did you think BB went by to choose from the 6 QBs numbnuts? His intuition? You're a moron.

[/QUOTE]

I figure you must have a pounding headache, by the time the day is coming to an end.  From your first post this morning to your most current posts this evening, it's just a constant flow of hostility and negativity.  That's a hard way to live. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is the GM, not Rhebein. BB selected the QBs.  Rhebein came back with 2 favorites.

You are a hopelessly ignorant megatool.

Rehbein made the call. BB followed his recommendation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I figure you must have a pounding headache, by the time the day is coming to an end.  From your first post this morning to your most current posts this evening, it's just a constant flow of hostility and negativity.  That's a hard way to live. 

Yep. Well, he isn't allowed to try to get laid at the manor, so he has all that pent up anger that builds week after week, month after month, year after year now.

After thumping the bible in between posts, he wonders if he should be real with himself and his family as well. It's been a long struggle for Babe.

You should have seen the abuse he used to take under his previous board name "PatsFan1966".

Tell the dweeb I don't even read his foolish replies, megatool.

Hey dumbkoff, the quote system here beyond you capacity to handle? Clearly it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB is the GM, not Rhebein. BB selected the QBs.  Rhebein came back with 2 favorites.

You are a hopelessly ignorant megatool.

Rehbein made the call. BB followed his recommendation.

[/QUOTE]

No.  Rhebein was sent to work out 6 QBs. He came back and said "Rattay and Brady" were the best of the bunch.

BB chose Brady.

Period. 

Learn the facts.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong fool.

Dick's wife said: "''He came home one night and said to me, `Pam, this kid Tom Brady is terrific,''' Pam Rehbein said. ''He told me, `He's going to be a household name some day,..."

All he did was give Ratty a positive review. You lose again megatool. LMAO@U

Find me one source that says BB made the choice between the two. You are a liar and a fool.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why don't you quote the whole article when you tout the Weiss comment? Hunh?

"But early in the process Dick realized there was something wonderful about Brady."

Many other sources show it was DR who made Brady happen, not BB. All BB did was ask him to go check out some late round draft prospects.

"Dick returned from Michigan to tell his bride he'd found himself a good one. "Twenty years from now," Dick told Pam, "people will know the name Tom Brady."Draft him, the quarterbacks coach told his bosses. Find a round and draft him.

"Dick Rehbein, the late quarterbacks coach, gets a lot of credit for Brady ending up with New England. Rehbein's glowing report of a Brady workout in Michigan was significant."

"And Belichick almost didn’t draft Tom Brady.

In 2000, the Patriots wanted to draft a quarterback in the late rounds to groom as a potential replacement for Drew Bledsoe. They were looking at two quarterbacks, both of which they thought they could get in the sixth or seventh round. They had both of those young quarterbacks rated even.

One of those two quarterbacks was Tom Brady. The other one was Tim Rattay.

Had the late Dick Rehbein not picked Tom Brady over Tim Rattay, the entire course of NFL history would have changed. There would have been no Super Bowl victories for the Patriots. There would be no genius Bill Belichick."

"He was one who stumped noisily for New England to select Tom Brady with a sixth-round pick in the 2000 draft. He met with the kid and promised to help him become an NFL starter some day."

Every search you do will lead you to Dick Rehbein as the driving force that brought Tom Brady to the Pats.

Here's the guy who brought us the greatest player in Pats history. May he RIP. Thanks Dick.

Now if you want to give BB credit for developing Brady, I'm all in on that. When Dick passed away BB and Charlie became the QBs coach. And BB was phenomenal in that role from all I read. The guy brought his superlative knowledge of Xs and Os to these guys and Brady ate it up. BB is probably a better position coach than he is a HC, and he's a great HC.

But in the end, drafting in the 6th round is pretty much pure luck. So the "BB drafted Brady" argument is silly.

I'm not debating that Rehbein pestering BB about Brady was a force in him getting drafted.  At the end of the day it is a fact that BB sent Rehbein to scout Brady (despite your claims otherwise) and it is a fact that he chose to draft him given that he had the final say on all personnel decisions.  The fact that Rehbein's input played an important role in his decision doesn't mean he gets all the credit.  By that criteria no GM gets credit for any picks.  You can spin it however you want, but history will show that Bill Belichick drafted Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

And history will show anybody drafted in the 6th round that goes to the HOF is pure luck.

But BB AND PIOLI sent Rehbein to see SIX QBs. Rehbein was the one who singled out two with positive reviews and lobbied vehemently that they take Brady.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

EXPOSED

Page 4 of Patriot Reign.

"BB looked at the tapes and agreed."

Provide a link megatool, because nobody here believes a f'n word you say because you are a proven liar.