Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Steelcurtain, I agree about the 08 season. Although Belichick saw Brady's season ending knee injury as just another injury, it was one of his best coaching jobs. Even though the Pats were coming off a 16-0 season, an 11-5 record with a "high school" QB was impressive. After the Steeler beatdown, where Matt Cassel had 2 picks and three fumbles (damn James Harrison), Cassel settled down and finished the last four games with 8 TDs 1 Int and NO fumbles. I wish we could have seen that team in the playoffs.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I agree. Who won it in 2008 anyway? 

I thought for sure he'd be a shoe in for it that year like he was this year.  I guess they don't give it to coaches in back to back seasons.

Outside of the disappointing ending to this season, they overachieved and a lot of it has to do with the best coach/QB combo in the NFL, BB and Brady.

But, Caserio/Reese pulled off a great FA period and draft alongside the scouts under BB, so they need credit.

As does the entire staff like Ivan Fears, Scarnecchia, Corwin Brown, Josh Boyer, Pepper Johnson, STs coach Scott O'Brien and Patricia and even Bill O'Brien. The latter two were under a spotlight moonlighting as coordinators and did well considering all the new bodies.

I was most impressed with Patricia and him putting together a defense that became the best in the league (statistically) in December.  I think their youth and inexperience caught up to them in the Bye week, not that any exclusive blame needs to fall on them for the playoff loss.

Now, the framework has been set and the rebuilding is pretty much complete.  Infuse the weak spots with these draft picks and more smart, targeted FA moves where needed, and and hope for health in 2011.

Arguably, this was BB's best coaching job of his career. 

No one wins 14 games while rebuilding, and I ask again: Who wins divisions while rebuilding?

Rich Gannon said it best.  Winning 14 games is incredible considering NE was rebuilding and a lot of it has to do with Bill.

No doubt.

Best ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]Very well deserved! I also thought what he did with the team the year that Brady was out, was an amazing job. With all the injuries, and the loss of Tom Brady, the Patriots still went 11-5 (if they would have gotten into the playoffs, they could have beaten any of the other teams, without a doubt.) He really earned my respect that season!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Hey Steelcurtain75!   Great to have you back on the board!  The Steelers look very good right now. I think it will be a great Super Bowl !!! If your team wins 7 Lombardis' We may NEVER catch up!!! LOL  

Go Steelers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]I am surprised by this board's response to this.  Isn't this kind of an empty, meaningless award?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

YOU mean like Gomer's MVPs?????????????????????????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Thanks Bradley, we wouldn't be there though, had your patriots beat the Jets. Coach Belichick 'gets it' when it comes to playing the Steelers. Throw, throw and then throw some more! I think we will see the same type of game plan from Green Bay. You can have the 'game plan', but no one does it better against the Steelers then Tom Brady. We will see how Aaron Rogers handle's it in his first Superbowl. I know Coach Bilichick would have taken a victory over the Jets, Instead of this coaching award, but he deserve's it. In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Hey Steelcurtain75!   Great to have you back on the board!  The Steelers look very good right now. I think it will be a great Super Bowl !!! If your team wins 7 Lombardis' We may NEVER catch up!!! LOL   Go Steelers!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

One thing I admire about Coach B, is that winning this will only give him more determination for perfection...

He is a true dirt dog...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Belicheck is a ROCK STAR...he has his own personal cheerleader!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Steelcurtain 75, always shows a lot of class and respect here. Good Luck on Sunday.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

That's because he isn't jealous or insecure. He is a fan of his team and enjoys good football.

Our Jets and Colts trolls are the opposite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Way to go, Bill!  Next up, MVP
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I wonder where he puts the hardware...garage?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It would have been a crime had he not won this award.  To make all the adjustments on the fly that he had to make, with the youngest defense in the league and then finish with the best record in the league:  Beyoned impressive.

And I totally agree re:  2008 season.  11-5 with a back up QB.  Damn shame the way it fell that they didn't make the playoffs.

Best coach in the league, maybe in the history of the league.  And I also concur in posing the question:  Move on to what? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He won the award handily because winning divisions while rebuilding, is flat out legendary, especially in the cap era.

Pretty simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]Why didn't they reward the coaches of the other number one seeds that got knocked out in their first playoff game by the 6 seed?  How does the NFLs number one offensive team choking badlly in their only playoff game translate into COY?  Were the expectations for that team so low to begin with that even making the playoffs warrants COY?   
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

And there's your sign....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]He won the award handily because winning divisions while rebuilding, is flat out legendary, especially in the cap era. Pretty simple.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    hmm- and yet Jim Caldwell didn't win it last year and he went to the superbowl. 
    He had the turmoil of the offseason with Mudd and Moore.  He brought in a new DC.  He won every game he tried to win.  The colts, like the pats this year, weren't expected to excel, yet no trophy for Caldwell. 

Guess the media is anti-colts.  Either that or everyone just expects wins when Manning is the QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And then we have the classy and perceptive SteelCurtain75 followed by _______________________ (place whatever expletive you believe applies here).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! :   He won every game he tried to win.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they don't like to vote for coaches that instruct their teams to lay down like dogs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Just how many years do you get to use this rebuilding nonsense.  The fact that the patsies let their team get old is not an excuse for anything.  Still rebuilding next year?  The year after?  As I pointed out early in the year, this rebuilding bs would be your crutch when the team choked. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

This is what smart organizations do. Yours has been rebuilding for 40 years.

I'll take the 3 season approach, thanks.

As far as "choking", it appears the Jets are the ones that really choked considering they deemed themselves 2010 SB Champs back in April.

As Kris Jenkins said, "it will be embarrasssing if we don't win the SB."

Yup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icepack. Show icepack's posts

It seems as though unless BB wins a SB he is criticized. What does this guy have to do, lay the golden egg?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD6 + PhatRex = Jealous Fans!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]UD6 + PhatRex = Jealous Fans!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Can we all play
    UD6 + PhatRex = ___________________

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

When is US MINT going to print some BB Coins??? Just wondering...