Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : A teams self expectations don't relate to choking.  The entire world's expectations do.  When you are 14-2, have the 'best QB in the history of the NFL' the 'best coach in the history of the NFL' crushed a team 45-3 a few weeks before, had two weeks to prepare and then get embarrassed on your home field, that is choking.  Next year, the Jets will again expect to win the superbowl. Any team that does not have those expectations should close up shop.  
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

No, no.

Most knowledgeable NE fans admitted NE had some holes this year.  And that they overachieved.

Many  had them losing the division or winning it, going no more than 11-5.

Your fanbase thinsk they are the 1989 49ers ready to win a SB.

There is a difference between being cautiously optimistic and deluded.  You are deluded.

The Detroit Lions do not think they can win the SB every year.  Please stop with your childish antics.

I don't think losing a game is "embarrassing" either.  Getting completely blistered off the field is, however.

You know, sort of like what the 2010 paper champion Jets did this year. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : And yet, over 40 years they haven't used that excuse as much as you have in 3 weeks.

It's not an excuse. It's reality.  Not every team is replacing 3-5 Pro Bowl or HOF caliber players.

From 2008 and into 2009, NE replaced Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel.

Read those names again.

This is the equivalent if the Jets needing to replace Revis, Leonhard, Ellis/your best DE, David Harris and Calvin Pace/OLB.

Do you honestly think the Jets would win 10 games next year if they didn't have those players I just listed?

This doesn;t even count complementary players who were in the system like Ellis Hobbs or an aging Junior Seau. 

Of course NE was rebuilding trying to bring in a new base towards making SB runs again.

Only you would deny this because you need to in order to keep your delusions of grandeur alive.

Your window closed for 2 reasons:

1.The Jets just peaked.
    2. NE is now starting to peak.

See, when the  Pats lose, I say "they weren't good enough".

When your team essentially blows or is a paper tiger for 40 years you think talk and mirages means it will change.

Huge differrence between educated, realistic fans and yourself.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, they brought in veterans.  There is a difference.

And that difference will quickly expose their approach because they don't have any young depth in the pipeline like NE does.

If you asked any NFL GM which position they'd rather be in (NYJ or NE's), I'd bet money 90% of them would choose NE's position.

At the end of it all, NE hasn't won a ring in these 3 seasons of rebuilding, nor has NY.

NE wasn't expected to win it all this year. NY was and they said they would.  Major FAIL.

I like my position A LOT better than yours. Your plan has failed. lol

Your team also has no 2nd rd pick this year. NE has 2.  They also have 2 1st rd picks.

Read up, son:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6051113

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Yes, it is an excuse.  The Jets replaced 11 starters going into 2009 with a new coach and then 10 more last year and without the luxury of having the 'best qb in the history of the NFL' and without the 'best coach in the history of the NFL' and still finished better than the patsies both years.  Poor drafting, poor FA signings and allowing your entire defense to get old at the same time forcing you to draft 20+ players in two years is poor management of the team.  In other words an excuse for not doing your job.

Ordinarily I try to ignore this kind of blather, but the quoted post is the NFL equivalent of Kim Jong Il telling the North Korean people they live in the most prosperous nation on the planet. 

In what way has the Jets been 'rebuilt'?  Anyone can restock with high priced free agents in a cap-free year.  Now that their contracts are expiring let's see where the Jets stand.  No rational NFL fan would consider rebuilding a defense primarily with draft picks and adding selected free agents 'poor management.' 

Let the Jets show competitiveness over the long haul and then they can be considered to be rebuilt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

he deserves this for his achievement in the regular season this year no doubt. but the obvious award he has been losing too much lately is the super bowl.

time to man up BB and get us some more rings

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ummm...we didn't lose to Pitt this season.

Anyways.....congrats to BB. He absolutely earned it!

* and a lone star shone brightly above the wiseman*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

"rebuilding.."' Is that what it is now. The ultimate in loser talk.
    man, how expectations have changed.  I hope BB doesn't allow himself this rebuilding talk nonsense.
    It certainly is a term of convenience.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Don't you think the performance of the team has something to do with this?  I don't recall BB dropping passes, missing tackles, allowing sacks and giving up 28 points to the Jets in that last playoff game.  Amazing you are thinking one more season and BB should be gone!  How about ticking off the names of some of the greatest coaches in history who have NEVER won a SB or even got their team to a SB!  BB has done it 4 times in the last 10 years and you are worried about what he may or may not be able to achieve NEXT season? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

A lot of you are mindless and emotional when it comes to BB. 

I didn't say BB "should be gone" and I didn't say "one more season"

I said IF he can't win a single play-off game next year - it would be time for Kraft to move on.  In other words, BB gets held to the same standard as all the patriot players do.  You win and you play well - or you are gone.  That's the Patriot Way and it applies to BB too.  Kraft should let him know this now.

"Bill if you have another season where we don't win a SINGLE playoff game - we are going to have to have a long talk.  We can't just keep failing every year"

Are you going to be satisfied with a 4th straight season without a single playoff game victory?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : A lot of you are mindless and emotional when it comes to BB.  I didn't say BB "should be gone" and I didn't say "one more season" I said IF he can't win a single play-off game next year - it would be time for Kraft to move on.  In other words, BB gets held to the same standard as all the patriot players do.  You win and you play well - or you are gone.  That's the Patriot Way and it applies to BB too.  Kraft should let him know this now. "Bill if you have another season where we don't win a SINGLE playoff game - we are going to have to have a long talk.  We can't just keep failing every year" Are you going to be satisfied with a 4th straight season without a single playoff game victory?
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Your post is self-contradictory whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.   'I didn't say he should be gone' and  'it would be time for Kraft to move on' are contradictory statements.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This is what BB's girlfriend had to say about the award:

"Bill, what do you want to do with all this stuff in the garage?"Wink 

Seriously, congratulations to Bill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

to all you koolaid fans who think the whole league and the entire non-pats media is against us, the interesting part is that out of 50 writers who vote, bel won by a bigger margin than BRADY. brady got 21, bb got 30!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR! : Yes, it is an excuse.  The Jets replaced 11 starters going into 2009 with a new coach and then 10 more last year and without the luxury of having the 'best qb in the history of the NFL' and without the 'best coach in the history of the NFL' and still finished better than the patsies both years.  Poor drafting, poor FA signings and allowing your entire defense to get old at the same time forcing you to draft 20+ players in two years is poor management of the team.  In other words an excuse for not doing your job.

There were not too many top free agenst available the past two years and those the patriots tried to get were signed elsewhere: Taylor returned to Miami in 2009 and Peppers signed with Chicago in 2010. AD Thomas did not work out well in NE and the Pats cut him and he was out of football in 2010.

You might be giving fat rex too much credit - Mangini/Tannenbaum did well enough rebuilding the team through the draft:

2008 Draft:
    1st Round: Vernon Gholston (the only bust)
    1st Round: Dustin Keller
    2007 Draft:
    1st Round: Darrelle Revis (best corner in the league)
    2nd Round: David Harris
    2006 Draft:
    1st Round: D’Brickashaw Ferguson (Pro-Bowler)
    1st Round: Nick Mangold (Pro-Bowler)

Rex hired Scott, Sheppard, Faneca, Izzo, Leonhard, and the like in 2009 - half of which were gone at the end of the season.

In 2010 rex hired Kidmartie, LT, Taylor, Holmes, Edwards all of which most likley will not be back in 2011.

Add to that the Jets have to look at resigning/replacing defensive guys like Ellis, Harri and Pool and you have a tough 'rebuilding' year in 2011.

Two time afc championship finalists (09/10) to miss the playoffs in 2011 - yep!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You also need to look at the money spent, who they need to resign and the fact no one knows what the new CBA looks like right now.

So, they can gamble on resigning people or wait. If they wait, they run the risk of other teams plucking their FAs with better contracts, leaving them empty handed.

I think it's hilarious we know more about the Jets position than Phat Rex does.

And for the record, NE was devastated by injuries with 15 players on IR, one less than GB.

Funny how the truth holds:

One set of expectations/barometers for 31 NFL teams one special, irrational one just for NE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

With a few obvious exceptions the Jets build via free agency and draft poorly compared to the Patriots. Those exceptions are, however, Ferguson, Revis , Greene and Harris. My guess is they let Cromartie and either let Holmes or Edwards go and try to sign Asmogha. The Jets are essentially trying to employ the Yankees (win now and at all costs) philosophy in a league with a cap. Eventually they will either have to draft well with a limited # of picks or face serious cap restrictions (cap hell). McKnight, Wilson, Ducasse, and Connor did very little  compared to McCourty, Spikes, Gronk, Mesko, Cunningham and Hernandez. I like the Patriots future more than the Jets present. I guess having more picks in any draft does help your chances alot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well deserved.