Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs

Sorry if this has already been posted

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/08/13/bill-belichick-provides-some-great-answers-about-the-slow-death-of-300-carry-backs/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs

LOL.   Uh, Oh. There goes the "we need to rush more", right down the hopper.
    "I'm all for what ever is going to help us win" !
    " Don't see Corey Dillion out there."  Priceless!
    PRODUCTION!!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs

This too, from the Globe's report on the WEEI interview with Brady:

Brady cautioned against fans expecting some kind of revolutionary changes with McDaniels and said that change would come more from new personnel the team has added. Last year's offensive coordinator, Bill O'Brien, is now the head coach at Penn State.

"Every coach has a different style," said Brady. "But [McDaniels and O'Brien] coached with each other. In terms of our offense and the style of our offense, it's the same playbook. Every coach has a different flavor to it."

There's no doubt this team continues to look for ways to revamp the offense, but those expecting wholesale changes to offensive philosophy may be disappointed.  We do, however, have some new talent that may allow us to do a some different things--including, I hope, run better and utilize more passes to backs as well as revitalize the perimeter passing game.  I assume, though, that you are still going to see an awful lot of spread formations with Brady in the shotgun.  I don't think that's going away.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs:
    [QUOTE]Umm, what have we won? Whoops!  Walked right into that door again, didn't you Pezz? lmao So easy.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

80% of our games with a bad D.  Best win / loss record in the NFL.
    Can't seem to recall BB mentioning passing league in that article as an excuse.
    Just something about production, 50 QB sneaks if that's what works, oh, and NO Correy Dillion out there.
    Guess TB isn't calling for all those passing plays after all.
    Too easy.
    BB slams rusty bottoms.  Maybe he does read these threads, after all.  LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Prolate, Pezz. That's all that needs to be said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"Every coach has a different flavor to it."

McDaniel's tastes better...  

He has always had a better grasp of the play book, offensive philosophy and produced the single most explosive, well balanced single season the league has ever seen from this system in 2007.

That's why he was promoted to OC long before O'Brien ever got the call up and was the youngest head coach in the league.  Talent or no O'Brien's play calling in the playoff's against playoff caliber defense's tasted like salty turds.

Funny how there is no love for Laurence Maroney here at all, but Josh was the last guy to production out of him.  

Question; was Law Firm and Ridely last year more talent than Maroney in 07?' 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think Corey Dillon was very underrated. Loved his stiff arm, it was really just a punch. Guys like him don't grow on trees, his numbers speak for themselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs:
    [QUOTE]Prolate, Pezz. That's all that needs to be said.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

correction:  Prolate, Pezz, TB and BB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let's be real, Corey Dillon was a Pro Bowl back multiple times before becoming a Patriot, he didn't come out of nowhere.  BB getting him was the master stroke...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs": [QUOTE]Let's be real, Corey Dillon was a Pro Bowl back multiple times before becoming a Patriot, he didn't come out of nowhere.  BB getting him was the master stroke... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] Yes, is anyone saying otherwise?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Prolate, Pezz. That's all that needs to be said.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Why is it that I'm hearing REM lyrics . . . 

That's me in the corner
    That's me in the spotlight
    Losing my religion
    Trying to keep up with you
    And I don't know if I can do it
    Oh no I've said too much
    I haven't said enough

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm saying it's hard to call a Pro Bowler "underrated."  I sure do miss his style of football though...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]"Every coach has a different flavor to it." McDaniel's tastes better...   He has always had a better grasp of the play book, offensive philosophy and produced the single most explosive, well balanced single season the league has ever seen from this system in 2007. That's why he was promoted to OC long before O'Brien ever got the call up and was the youngest head coach in the league.  Talent or no O'Brien's play calling in the playoff's against playoff caliber defense's tasted like salty turds. Funny how there is no love for Laurence Maroney here at all, but Josh was the last guy to production out of him.   Question; was Law Firm and Ridely last year more talent than Maroney in 07?' 
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I do think that McDaniels brings more creativity and energy to the OC position.  Add the new personnel to the mix and you've got to be excited about what this offense can do. 

Honestly, though, I'm most excited after watching the defense last week . . .

Can Sep 9 come fast enough? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I'm saying it's hard to call a Pro Bowler "underrated."  I sure do miss his style of football though...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Me too. One of my most vivid memories of the championship years is Dillon charging down the left sideline at Gillette knocking multiple defenders over with his stiff arm on a 20 or 30 yard run.  I can't even remember what game it was, I just have that image of Dillon burned into my head. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs : I do think that McDaniels brings more creativity and energy to the OC position.  Add the new personnel to the mix and you've got to be excited about what this offense can do.  Honestly, though, I'm most excited after watching the defense last week . . . Can Sep 9 come fast enough? 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Agreed, frankly I could care less if a single one of our young backs get 300 carries or for personal stat's at all.  But I'd like to see us ranked top ten in team carries by the triumvirate of Ridely, Vereen and Bolden.  We have a bunch of young talent, hopefully they can match the production of Dillon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs": [QUOTE]I'm saying it's hard to call a Pro Bowler "underrated."  I sure do miss his style of football though... Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] I mean I think he would've been a HOFer if he didn't play in CIN. 6 straight thousand yard seasons to start his career- that's amazing production and rare durability these days. 17th all time in yards, but most of the guys ahead of him played a lot more years or were in the 3 yards and a cloud of dust era. What he accomplished on bad teams, in modern football was impressive. He was at the end of his career when he got to NE but I have no doubt he could have been putting up 1500 yard seasons his whole career if he went to a good team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]LOL.   Uh, Oh. There goes the "we need to rush more", right down the hopper. "I'm all for what ever is going to help us win" ! " Don't see Corey Dillion out there."  Priceless! PRODUCTION!!!  
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

the hoppa?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]I think Dillon is a HOFer if Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis are.  Yep. Yes I do. Plop Dillon on the Jets or Steelers and he destroys Martin's and Bettis's numbers.

True. As much as I liked Martin, Dillion was a much better runner

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]LOL.   Uh, Oh. There goes the "we need to rush more", right down the hopper. "I'm all for what ever is going to help us win" ! " Don't see Corey Dillion out there."  Priceless! PRODUCTION!!!  
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. We still need a strong enough running game to keep defenses honest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs": [QUOTE]I think Dillon is a HOFer if Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis are.  Yep. Yes I do. Plop Dillon on the Jets or Steelers and he destroys Martin's and Bettis's numbers. Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE] Agreed, look at the guys who played in the same era, Martin, Bettis, Sanders, Edgerrin James, Tomlinson, M. Faulk. How many of those guys can you say are convincingly better and how many just played on better teams. To me it's just Sanders and Faulk (Faulk a lot for receiving ability). So when you look at it as the Pats had on of the top 3 or 5 RB's in a ten year period you can see why it's hard to replace him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No, no, no. Yards allowed does not equate to a bad D. Please learn the game on that topic. Bad Ds dont' bail out the team in AFC Title games at home. Tony Mazz, as a complete and utter dork attempting to analyze the game, also has that premise and it's incorrect in this day and age, especially off a lockout.

Yards allowed are a result of a Defensive breakdown; ie poor 3rd down conversion ratio, ect..... That is why they use it as a rating tool.
    It can also mean teams are throwing at them because they are behind and it can meam teams are throwing at them because they are awful.
    You throw against a bad pass D and run against a bad run D.  You do what ever helps you win.
    The D DID NOT Bail out the O in the AFC game.   They almost lost the lead AGAIN!  Sterling Moore is the one who allowed the long completion in the first place.  Luckily he was able to redeem himself or they would have lost the lead with 6 seconds left. AGAIN!!!   Did you conveniently forget that part?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs : No it doesn't. We still need a strong enough running game to keep defenses honest.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Yes, we do.  Apparently coach didn't think they had one if he is basing usage on production."  YOU do what helps you win".  Can't be more clear.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs : It was the divisional round game vs the Colts.  The next week, the Pats used playaction to set up that bomb to Branch, and they never looked back.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a regular season game . . . maybe against the Jets.  But regardless, it was fun to watch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

All the run freaks read this:

“Corey Dillon was good enough to do it,” Belichick said. “If the Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I’m sure he’d get it 300 times, too. I have not seen Corey out there lately.” BB

Let BB coach the team. He's WAY better at it than you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Belichick provides some great answers about the slow death of 300-carry backs :  NE is infamous for having a bend but don't break D allowing teams to et up yards, but NE's dynasty era Ds would get stops or hold teams to FGs.

More lies from the twit.

2004 was top 10 in yards against, same with 2003, same with 2001. Not 31st like 2011. You lose again junior.