Bill Parcells says New England is spoiled by the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Bill Parcells says New England is spoiled by the Patriots

In response to EASON11's comment:

He is spot on dead right .In 12 years we won 11 Divison titles , 7 AFC titles games and 5 Super Bowls...The one year we didnt make a run we were 11-5 .....We could take 20-25 franchises in the NFL and add them up and they still wouldnt have done what BB has done in 12 years in the last 60 years.......people who complain are in for A HUGE CULTURE SHOCK when he leaves with Brady in tow....in my opinion what little save and grace we have is that we have a owner who wants1 to win more then most players . People say the Patriots dont spend is foolishness. We have 5-7 guys that are in the top 2-3 at there respective positions. Like I told the people at work when they ask me who I am going for .I tell them the Patriots and they arent in it so I guess NO ONE .....I ROOT FOR THE PATS OR NO ONE........

You got the Brady leaving part right. As for BB, he is a career loser without Brady. Those are the facts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

as awful as the jets are, they were in back to back afc title games just a few years ago, so its not like there is no competition in the afc east. when you lose to the pats twice a year, obviously its going to negatively affect your record. the dolphins are also in rebuilding mode with a good young qb, while the bills put all their chips in on fitzpatrick and it hasnt worked out. the jets were a very good team when their focus was on defense, now that they have tried too much to add things to their offense, it just hasnt worked out.

The jests had a couple of good seasons, the dolphins had one. Not really much else over the last 15 years. The AFC Least has been a pretty pathetic division over all, no way around that.

[/QUOTE]

More foolishness from a fool. I already shot your AFCleast spin dead troll.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Hardly, you cherry picked one season, and didn't even do a good job at that.

The AFC Least has consistently been one of the weaker divisions in football over the past 15 seasons, that's not even open for debate.

[/QUOTE]

you are right, but things change quickly in the NFL. just look at the nfc west for example, just a few years ago, their division winner was 7-9! now they have two of the best teams in the league in that division.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you are right, but things change quickly in the NFL. just look at the nfc west for example, just a few years ago, their division winner was 7-9! now they have two of the best teams in the league in that division.

I agree, but the point is the landscape in the AFC Least hasn't really changed in the last 15 years, thus enabling the patsies with a pretty easy path to the playoffs year in and year out.

And gives them a strong shot for a first round bye as well.

Look at last year for example.

They beat ONE team that finished the season above .500 and played in the SB.

[/QUOTE]

yes and ive said before i think that it hurt them last year that they hadnt played any good competition in the playoffs....people will say how? they made it to the super bowl! but if anyone watched the games closely, they were able to run over the broncos, an inferior team...but once they met the two physical teams they played [ravens and giants], they got outplayed. to their credit, they pulled off the ravens game [cundiffs leg pulled it off]. but their offense was shut down in the giants game after halftime. similar to the ravens game, once coughlin and harbaugh made adjustments against the pats offense, they werent productive at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

.If put into proper perspective it's pretty amazing that they've had sustained success for more than a decade during the salary cap era.

Not all that amazing. Put a MEDIOCRE team around a guy many call the greatest QB who ever lived and you're probably going to make the playoffs just about every time and might come close to winning it all. Put a good team around him and you probably have a dynasty.

brady did not play well, i dont know what game you were watching. he was throwing the ball at receiver's feet, forcing the ball into tight spots that werent there....he is lucky he didnt throw 4 int's with how awful he was that game. lloyd and welker made some great catches in that game to make brady's stats look respectable. yes, wes dropped one easy pass that could have changed the game. he also made 4 or 5 catches that only a select few of receivers can make. also, the pats do have a good team around him, the gronkowski injury definitely hurt, but they still had a good o-line, a young and good running game, [ranked 1st in td's], a receiving core that included welker, lloyd, and hernandez....yes i know hern is a TE, but hes really more of a receiver the way they use him. the defense was also a top 10 defense once talib arrived....the defense was playing very well in the first half while talib was out there. once he was injured, they were forced in to putting marquice freakin cole and arrington in coverage, that was the game right there. so i agree they need more good players in the secondary, but besides that, you cant score 13 f.ucking points on offense and blame the defense, its just ignorant.

Ya, it sux your boy Ridley personally killed 2 scoring drives and 7-11 points.

TB killed 3-7 with the pick

BB killed  potentially, 6-14 with his decision to punt from the 38 twice, because he respected the Balt D and didn't trust the Pats D.

The Pats D made ZERO RZ stops. Case closed!

the pats d made zero red zone stops because the ravens had an excellent gameplan once talib got injured and they attacked the mismatch of the century which was marquice cole on anquan boldin. obviously they were going to have a HUGE advantage in the red zone with that kind of a mismatch...also the pats made it to the ravens 25 six times, they only scored one TD....so whats more unacceptable, the #1 offense in the league scoring 13 points, or the #10 defense allowing three td's and one td when the pats turned the ball over at midfield? you see the difference in the game is that when the ravens defense made a play, their offense took advantage of it with the points, the pats offense didnt do that. they had the ball at midfield and went 7 yards and punted the ball right back to the ravens....that is awful. if you want to disagree with BB for him choosing to punt, fine....but what had the offense shown him to make him trust they could convert those plays????

OK, One more time.  BB respected the Ravens D with good reason and didn't trust his own D with good reason.  Zero RZ stops, Zero picks and Zero fumble recoveries is not a good reason to trust your D, as a Pick, a fumble recovery, and 3 RZ stops is good reason to respect the other D.

All teams punt, the Ravens did, and Flacco wasn't spectacular in fact he was down right poor in the first half, missing throws.  The D did fine up until the half but failed miserably in the second half as usual.

If Ridley doesn't fumble ( a good Defensive play and gets one yrd into the RZ, it's a completely different game)

The Ravens made the stops when needed and the Pats D, didn't.

Defenses win championships!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

.If put into proper perspective it's pretty amazing that they've had sustained success for more than a decade during the salary cap era.

Not all that amazing. Put a MEDIOCRE team around a guy many call the greatest QB who ever lived and you're probably going to make the playoffs just about every time and might come close to winning it all. Put a good team around him and you probably have a dynasty.

brady did not play well, i dont know what game you were watching. he was throwing the ball at receiver's feet, forcing the ball into tight spots that werent there....he is lucky he didnt throw 4 int's with how awful he was that game. lloyd and welker made some great catches in that game to make brady's stats look respectable. yes, wes dropped one easy pass that could have changed the game. he also made 4 or 5 catches that only a select few of receivers can make. also, the pats do have a good team around him, the gronkowski injury definitely hurt, but they still had a good o-line, a young and good running game, [ranked 1st in td's], a receiving core that included welker, lloyd, and hernandez....yes i know hern is a TE, but hes really more of a receiver the way they use him. the defense was also a top 10 defense once talib arrived....the defense was playing very well in the first half while talib was out there. once he was injured, they were forced in to putting marquice freakin cole and arrington in coverage, that was the game right there. so i agree they need more good players in the secondary, but besides that, you cant score 13 f.ucking points on offense and blame the defense, its just ignorant.

BB killed  potentially, 6-14 with his decision to punt from the 38 twice, because he respected the Balt D and didn't trust the Pats D.

the pats d made zero red zone stops because the ravens had an excellent gameplan once talib got injured and they attacked the mismatch of the century which was marquice cole on anquan boldin. obviously they were going to have a HUGE advantage in the red zone with that kind of a mismatch...also the pats made it to the ravens 25 six times, they only scored one TD....so whats more unacceptable, the #1 offense in the league scoring 13 points, or the #10 defense allowing three td's and one td when the pats turned the ball over at midfield? you see the difference in the game is that when the ravens defense made a play, their offense took advantage of it with the points, the pats offense didnt do that. they had the ball at midfield and went 7 yards and punted the ball right back to the ravens....that is awful. if you want to disagree with BB for him choosing to punt, fine....but what had the offense shown him to make him trust they could convert those plays????

OK, One more time.  BB respected the Ravens D with good reason and didn't trust his own D with good reason.  Zero RZ stops, Zero picks and Zero fumble recoveries is not a good reason to trust your D, as a Pick, a fumble recovery, and 3 RZ stops is good reason to respect the other D.

All teams punt, the Ravens did, and Flacco wasn't spectacular in fact he was down right poor in the first half, missing throws.  The D did fine up until the half but failed miserably in the second half as usual.

If Ridley doesn't fumble ( a good Defensive play and gets one yrd into the RZ, it's a completely different game)

the offense and defense both stunk in the 2nd half, that i agree on. but when your top rated offense doesnt score a single point after halftime, you cant expect to win, espescially when they are turning the ball over. and yes, it wasnt all on brady, ridley caught the fumbilitis once again which has really held him back from being an elite running back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

the offense and defense both stunk in the 2nd half, that i agree on. but when your top rated offense doesnt score a single point after halftime, you cant expect to win, espescially when they are turning the ball over. and yes, it wasnt all on brady, ridley caught the fumbilitis once again which has really held him back from being an elite running back.

Well hate to disagree again, but if the D doesn't pizz away a half time lead, you can expect to win games.  Yes it does royally suck that the O couldn't score again but when that happens, you have to have a recourse.   They do not and haven't for years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

of course we are, id still like to see the pats win one more super bowl before brady and BB retire....that would be nice. i would be satisfied for a long time as far as being a patriots fan is concerned, if that happens.

Agreed! Although I am not as worried about post Brady/Belichick - I think that as long as the Kraft family owns the team, the Patriots will never be the Patsies again! Their organization building is solid - wouldn't suprise me if they have a short list in some file of BB's replacement. It would be that person's job to replace TB12.

Section... good point.  With Kraft as the owner, I am certain he will assure the succession plan for BB is a sound one to maintain the continued success of the franchise as we have seen with player moves when a key player leaves or retires.  Also, it is never easy to replace a HoF player and not go missing a step once in a while.  Look at the Colts, for example.  The one year they go without Peyton was a miserable one for the team and their fans. One year later, with some good moves, they make the playoffs.  It is not like the Pats haven't missed the playoffs in this 12 year run, they missed twice.  It is just the fact this organization has been to the AFCCG 7 times and the SB 5 times in 12 years is what has spoiled this fan base to expect nothing less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey Section36...  what course and golf hole is that?  Pretty sight!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Well hate to disagree again, but if the D doesn't pizz away a half time lead, you can expect to win games.  Yes it does royally suck that the O couldn't score again but when that happens, you have to have a recourse.   They do not and haven't for years.

keep a 6 point lead the whole second half without their top cb playing? cmon, i know you are smarter than that. if the offense had scored another td, you may have a point, but they didnt score at all in the 2nd half. you cant expect the defense to hold on to that slim of a lead the whole second half, espescially when the offense is turning the ball over.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Spoiled?

It's outrageous to say fans watching a GM squander one of the greatest periods of opportunity in NFL history to completely dominate the SB legend by failing repeatedly to replace good defensive players is the fans being spoiled.

It's more like, though they do appreciate a winning team, they are simply frustrated with the huge number personnel blunders committed that have stifled what could have otherwise amounted to so so much more.

It's actually a damned shame.

BB shouldn't be bringing in the groceries.

It all goes back to that gut wrenching SB 42 loss, that left the Pats 18-1. I don't think that Patriots' fans have ever truly gotten over it...being so close to football immortality. With all that was riding on that game, that might have been the most heartbreaking defeat of all-time, from the standpoint of the losing fan base.

Boston sports fans have had some truly terrible losses to deal with over the years...SB 42, SB 46, that Buckner-ball Game 6 loss to the Mets in the "86 WS, the doubly-disappointing loss to the Reds in Game 7 of the "75 series, the Bucky Dent homerun playoff loss to the Yankees in "78, and the Ben Drieth game in the "76 play-offs to the Raiders. 

Raider fans can spout off all they want about the tuck rule. But, the fact remains that, technically, it was the right call...and, despite the call, the Raiders still had a chance to win that game. But, that very late, BS roughing the passer call on Sugar Bear Hamilton by Drieth took that game away from the Pats, and handed it to the Raiders...who would eventually go on to win the SB that year.    

It's going to take another championship in the Brady Era to finally wipe away the memory, and bad taste from the mouths of Pats' fans, for that SB 42 loss.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

keep a 6 point lead the whole second half without their top cb playing? cmon, i know you are smarter than that. if the offense had scored another td, you may have a point, but they didnt score at all in the 2nd half. you cant expect the defense to hold on to that slim of a lead the whole second half, espescially when the offense is turning the ball over.

A 6 pt. lead, a 9 point lead, a 11 point lead, a 13 point lead, it doesn't matter.

Look at all the losses, with the exception of the 9'rs, (tied in the 4th)  they all have the same ending.

A lead with seconds or minutes left, it doesn't matter, they all have the same ending.

And that includes when the O is scoring 30 +

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hardly, you cherry picked one season, and didn't even do a good job at that.

The AFC Least has consistently been one of the weaker divisions in football over the past 15 seasons, that's not even open for debate.

[/QUOTE]

Put up or shut up troll. Believe me, NOBODY is going to take your word for anything.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Spoiled?

It's outrageous to say fans watching a GM squander one of the greatest periods of opportunity in NFL history to completely dominate the SB legend by failing repeatedly to replace good defensive players is the fans being spoiled.

It's more like, though they do appreciate a winning team, they are simply frustrated with the huge number personnel blunders committed that have stifled what could have otherwise amounted to so so much more.

It's actually a damned shame.

Please post Brady's stats in the last 3 AFC title games at home in Foxborough.

I'm not going to help you cherry pick junior.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey, pinkhat:

Does that ALSO include multiple turnovers by our offense with Brady tossing 2 or 3 INTs?

Hey troll.

Does your football knowledge acknowledge a defense likely losing THREE Lombardis lost from defensive collapses late in the game?

Learn the game dumbkoff.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

A 6 pt. lead, a 9 point lead, a 11 point lead, a 13 point lead, it doesn't matter.

Look at all the losses, with the exception of the 9'rs, (tied in the 4th)  they all have the same ending.

A lead with seconds or minutes left, it doesn't matter, they all have the same ending.

Hey, pinkhat:

Does that ALSO include multiple turnovers by our offense with Brady tossing 2 or 3 INTs?

Does it?

They all have the same ending since we switched to a shotgun base spread where our offense DOES JACK SQUAT FOR ENTIRE HALVES, allowing the opponent to crawl back into it.

I don't care if it's a D with Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Samuel, Vrabel, etc, on it or not.

It all includes a defense that cosistantly puts up a 100+ DPR and sends every opposing QB to the HOF and gives them huge raises because of their incompetencies and can't hold there own bladders on the field for the past 5-6 years.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hey, pinkhat:

Does it?

They all have the same ending since we switched to a shotgun base spread where our offense DOES JACK SQUAT FOR ENTIRE HALVES, allowing the opponent to crawl back into it.

I don't care if it's a D with Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Samuel, Vrabel, etc, on it or not.

It all includes a defense that cosistantly puts up a 100+ DPR and sends every opposing QB to the HOF and gives them huge raises because of their incompetencies and can't hold there own bladders on the field for the past 5-6 years.

Does it include the games where Brady throws 2-3 INTs and gives those QBs short fields and chance after chance after chance so quickly?

LMAO

Show me Brady's stats in his last 3 AFC title games.

You won't do it and why is that, Pezzy?  We know you have a small wee-wee, but that's not why you won't post his stats.

LOSER

Don't have to post Brady's stats, you've already done that 1000+ times.

Why don't you post the defensive passer ratings for both teams defenses during those games, win or losses?

Won't or can't do it, will ya?