Bill Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Bill Polian

The point is Polian never planned to have a decent back-up until he absolutely needed one. The Colts should have at least drafted a capable back-up within the last two years. You don't sign Collins if you believe your  capable back-up is already on the roster. We also get to see just how good the coaching staff in Indy really is without Manning.

It would be a miracle if the Colts lost Manning for the season and still managed to make the playoff or win 11 games. I'd be very surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Polian is responsible for Peyton's success.  The guy had to build a team around a perennial choke artist.  Things just got easier now that Polian doesn't have to worry about Manning throwing another playoff game away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Oh, I'll be here.  Your comment suggest you are a novice and don't know me very well. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
     Novice these nu**!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bill Polian doesn't need to be a good GM he is the head of the competition committee all he does is institute new rules and his teams weaknesses disappear,oops he can't institute new rules during the season....The Colts are doomed 6-10 at best without Goober at the controls. Kerry Collins whose best friend has always been Tom Collins, will be lucky too finish the season upright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The point is Polian never planned to have a decent back-up until he absolutely needed one. The Colts should have at least drafted a capable back-up within the last two years. You don't sign Collins if you believe your  capable back-up is already on the roster. We also get to see just how good the coaching staff in Indy really is without Manning. It would be a miracle if the Colts lost Manning for the season and still managed to make the playoffs or win 11 games.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Hannah, you know as well as I that drafts are crapshoots.  No one knew Brady was going to be as good as he is.  Cassel worked out.  O'connell did not.  Does anyone really know yet if O'connell will be a capable back up?  How are these things to be known until someone is thrown into the fire. 

Further what purpose has it been for Indy to have a capable back up over the past 13 years.  In hindsight - back up QB has been a wasted spot. 

Now that it isn't, they've picked up someone (who's been a damn decent qb) to see if he can provide some help. 

Indy's coaches aren't great.  Need proof look at the last minute of the Jets game last year with the colts up. 

As for making the playoffs, the only way I see it happening is if something happens to Houston.  They are now in the drivers seat.  Fortunately, there's been a complete overhaul in Tennessee and Jacksonville just dumped Garrard.  That at least gives indy a fighting chance. 

Defense will need to find a way to step up.  Receivers will have to figure out how to adapt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Sneaking out in the night and stealing the name.... like i said, at least the old browns team had the class and dignity to start anew, not steal a cities identity and run.
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

That's not an answer runer.  Maybe you are not good at that thing or maybe you just ignorant about it.  Feel free to look up what eminent domain means then look at the saga about the colts leaving. 

The action may have been crappy, but when survival is on the line, one does what one must. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian :  Novice these nu**!
    Posted by patrick69[/QUOTE]
    Shouldn't their be 3 ***.  If you are talking about the pats superbowl victories under belichick, the * won't win you any friends here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Oh, I'll be here.  Your comment suggest you are a novice and don't know me very well. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I don't post much anymore because of all the BS posted by you an several others.  "you are a novice and don't know me very well", your ego is appalling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : That's not an answer runer.  Maybe you are not good at that thing or maybe you just ignorant about it.  Feel free to look up what eminent domain means then look at the saga about the colts leaving.  The action may have been crappy, but when survival is on the line, one does what one must. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Like screwing over fans.... no issue. Karma and curse will always follow them. Stay classy Indianapolis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Because of all the $$$ given to Manning, EVEN IF HE DOESN'T PLAY, the Dolts cannot afford a decent backup...they are screwed...someone (the GM?) didn't do his due diligence before that contract was signed and the franchise will pay for it....if Crag Face No Neck doesn't play, I'd watch the NFL offices to see if they allow the Dolts to tank games on purpose to get Luck.....because I don't see them winning a whole bunch of games this year without Crag Face No Neck.

BTW....who would YOU rather have as an owner, an acknowledged NFL statesman like Kraft, or a fat faced twittering twit loser like Irsay....oh yeah, THAT'S a tough choice...lmao!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]Well yes Polian's prowess will be tested, but when you have the best in the game on the field and he is as much a general as he is - directing the offense completely in camp, etc - when he's gone the team is left with a void. 

And this is good for you as a fan? One person being the most important in a 53 man team? This is good management for you? A good manager my friend, ensures that his underlings are so well trained that there is no void in the absence of the leader. Thats good amanegement UD6. You will learn very soon as the season goes on.

By contrast - Brady's simple game management style can be duplicated as we saw by a capable (but unspectacular) back up.  Add to that the marvelous defense and the high quality offensive players that Cassel had around him, and while 11-5 is surprising, that the pats had success, is not.  the thing that will stink is if the colts d actually steps up this year, then it could have been a superbowl year for us.

Ah, so your own words betray you. If your so-called "unspectacular back-up" has a good season (what would be GREAT for the other 31 teams) just by being plugged in, how does that not constitute good management? You just ate yourself up. Thats what happens when you talk without using your head. Now we have a whole season to judge the colts without manning. From where I sit, it doesnt look pretty. And yes, we do it simple and effective here in NE. You can keep your complicated and ineffective management style in Hoosier country.

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : The best QB in the game would have won more than one superbowl.
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

Why do you think the league had scanners at the blade?  Why do you think Big Belly had his number early on?  Wake up...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I don't post much anymore because of all the BS posted by you an several others.  "you are a novice and don't know me very well", your ego is appalling.
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE]
    Really?  LOL.  Maybe you didn't see the post to which I responded or maybe your morality is selective.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Like screwing over fans.... no issue. Karma and curse will always follow them. Stay classy Indianapolis.
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]
    As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Maybe the Colts can steal Rick Pitino's line this season when they're getting spanked all season long: Peyton Manning is not walking thorugh that door.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Because of all the $$$ given to Manning, EVEN IF HE DOESN'T PLAY, the Dolts cannot afford a decent backup...they are screwed...someone (the GM?) didn't do his due diligence before that contract was signed and the franchise will pay for it....if Crag Face No Neck doesn't play, I'd watch the NFL offices to see if they allow the Dolts to tank games on purpose to get Luck.....because I don't see them winning a whole bunch of games this year without Crag Face No Neck. BTW....who would YOU rather have as an owner, an acknowledged NFL statesman like Kraft, or a fat faced twittering twit loser like Irsay....oh yeah, THAT'S a tough choice...lmao!
    Posted by hambonawilliams[/QUOTE]
    Hmm - I thought Collins was pretty good, and they paid him.

Oh and didn't you know.  The NFL has already bequeathed Luck to the colts.  Polian asked, and Goodell said sure, whatever you need Bill, and whatever can scruw the pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And this is good for you as a fan? One person being the most important in a 53 man team? This is good management for you? A good manager my friend, ensures that his underlings are so well trained that there is no void in the absence of the leader. Thats good amanegement UD6. You will learn very soon as the season goes on.

Then I guess by your definition (not mine) Belichick isn't a good manager.  Look at all of these players Belichick drafted and trained (e.g. o'connell) but ended up cutting.  the colts didn't need a back up before and weren't comfortable with Painter now, so they went out and got collins, how is that any different than what Belichick has done.  Belichick drafted Chad Jackson #36 but went out the next year and got Welker AND Moss.  Maybe to your way of thinking, good management whatever the pats do and poor management is whatever the colts do.  Ok, but don't blame fans of other teams if we don't call that line of thinking logical.

Ah, so your own words betray you. If your so-called "unspectacular back-up" has a good season (what would be GREAT for the other 31 teams) just by being plugged in, how does that not constitute good management? You just ate yourself up. Thats what happens when you talk without using your head. Now we have a whole season to judge the colts without manning. From where I sit, it doesnt look pretty. And yes, we do it simple and effective here in NE. You can keep your complicated and ineffective management style in Hoosier country.

Well, I never called our backup unspectacular.  I think Collins is a pretty decent QB.  And if the colts win with Collins, I will call that good management, because they were smart enough to go get someone.  As for "talking without using your head", I'll leave that to you, because I am not really sure what you are getting at.  Regardking the colts without Manning, I've said 8-8.  They may get a break b/c Del Rio was an idiot to let Garrard go.  Should Houston somehow falter (not a crazy thought) the colts still stand a chance.  Collins is proven QB - and in this scenario a heckuva back up.  But that doesn't mean Collins is not less than Manning.  And it doesn't change the colts very difficult schedule vs. the AFC N and NFC S unlike the pats easy road with Cassell at the helm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Hmm - I thought Collins was pretty good, and they paid him. Oh and didn't you know.  The NFL has already bequeathed Luck to the colts.  Polian asked, and Goodell said sure, whatever you need Bill, and whatever can scruw the pats.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Here's a question only a Colts troll can answer. Would you want manning to try to come back even if it means he'd be seriously jeopardizing his health?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't we all seriously jeopardize our health when we drive a car? 

But if you mean "would I want manning to play if all of the evidence from his recovery is that he shouldn't", then the answer for me is no. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the Colts can steal Rick Pitino's line this season when they're getting spanked all season long: Peyton Manning is not walking thorugh that door.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Probably not = I think that's reserved for dumbest boston lines.  BTW - how'd it work?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

He was good.  Recently, I'm not so sure.

Here are recent Colts #1 draft picks under Polian.  I'm only including #1's here since the expectations on players drafted in this round are higher than any other round, so it is important to get it right with this pick.

2005 - Marlin Jackson
    2006 - Joseph Addai
    2007 - Anthony Gonzalez
    2009 - Donald Brown
    2010 - Jerry Hughes
    2011-  Anthony Costanzo

Addai is average, jury is still out on Costanzo.  Everyone else, not exactly stellar picks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]What is not smart about building a team around Manning, a player who didn't miss a game in 13 seasons and has been the best QB in the game.  Sounds like a smart idea to me.  I think when you put franchises you've built into 6 super bowls that is worthy of being called smart.  I think when you start a franchise from scratch and take it to the conference championship game in the franchises 2nd year, that's pretty smart. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Come on, you aren't this stupid.  What isn't smart is not having a viable backup.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  What isn't smart is giving the contract with all the up front money without knowing they guy had a bum neck.  Understood much of that was tied into the lockout, but then, that should have made them slow up on doing the deal.  Now they are nowhere, and desperately trying to convince people Kerry Collins suddenly became good.  
    As far as putting teams into the superbowl 6 times, you didn't follow up with not being smart enough to win 5 of them, and BARELY getting the one you did win.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]He was good.  Recently, I'm not so sure. Here are recent Colts #1 draft picks under Polian.  I'm only including #1's here since the expectations on players drafted in this round are higher than any other round, so it is important to get it right with this pick. 2005 - Marlin Jackson 2006 - Joseph Addai 2007 - Anthony Gonzalez 2009 - Donald Brown 2010 - Jerry Hughes 2011-  Anthony Costanzo Addai is average, jury is still out on Costanzo.  Everyone else, not exactly stellar picks.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]
    Hughes and brown don't look the part. Gonzalez has constantly been injured.  Just no knowing what might have been. 

I think you can add Ugoh to the mix - not good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Come on, you aren't this stupid.  What isn't smart is not having a viable backup.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  What isn't smart is giving the contract with all the up front money without knowing they guy had a bum neck.  Understood much of that was tied into the lockout, but then, that should have made them slow up on doing the deal.  Now they are nowhere, and desperately trying to convince people Kerry Collins suddenly became good.   As far as putting teams into the superbowl 6 times, you didn't follow up with not being smart enough to win 5 of them, and BARELY getting the one you did win.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Collins isn't a decent option?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

They have a team built around Peyton's strengths....
    Quick WR's and dancing RB's... they idea with them if for Peyton to build a lead and the Defense to attack the opposing QB looking for mistakes.

I amnot sure they do well if they are already down by 10-14 with no Peyton to rescue them.... They will have to be true to stop the opposition's run and that isnot what they are built to do.  They are built defensively to stop an oppositions depsartaion offense that is trying to catch up.... "IF" the opposition can use their RB's well I believge they will push all over the field Freeney and Mathis... making them absolutely useless.

In Response to Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]I think this is the year we find out how overrated Polian may be. He's touted as an excellent GM who built his team around the draft...i say FALSE. He built his team around Peyton Manning...or Peyton Manning built the team with Polians picks I think Pitt showed last year they could win without Big Ben as they went 3-1 to open last season NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008 And if last year's game was any indication, GB can compete without Rodgers Most of these teams probably would not have won the super bowl if their franchise QB was out the whole season. that's expected. But good GMs will build teams that can remain playoff contenders even without the Franchise Qb...Its the franchise Qb that makes the team a Super Bowl Contender
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]