Bill Polian's Rationale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Bill Polian's Rationale

So, apparently they only records the Colts were interested in is the regular season winning streak record and the most reg. season wins in a decade.

So, in other words, a regular season winning streak records (with a crushing home playoff loss in the middle of it) is more legit, and more historical, than a perfect 19-0 season, which obviously would have ended with a Super Bowl victory? LOL!

All I have to say is that I am extremely thankful that our coaches and front office do NOT think the same way. 16-0 may not be historical....but 19-0 ABSOLUTELY IS and would be the most impressive season in NFL history.

What do you all think? Would you rather have a "regular season winning streak record" to brag about....or would you rather have a perfect 19-0 season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Bill Polian's Rationale

The pinnacle in the NFL is the elusive 19-0, no-one has done it. The team that does will be considered the best ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Exactly Harley....at one time we had that winning streak record.....and if I remember correctly, it didn't really mean anything (including the one with a Super Bowl victory mixed in it. The run at 19-0 was the exact opposite. I don't get it.....

They deserve to have the Jets make the playoffs and beat them (the Colts) in Indy in the divisional round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

What Indy did was not football--not college football, not nfl football, not any kind of football.  Football is not Tame. 

What Indy did on Sunday was, if not plain weird, certainly Tame.  Too tame for words.  Let's hope that such tameness is not rewarded by a championship.  Uck

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koot. Show Koot's posts

I think the Colts organization knows that, even though they will be the top seed in the playoffs, they are not the best team in the AFC.  They can't beat the Chargers, and I don't see them being any better than the Patriots or the Bengals.

I think this was a pre-emptive strike on being the team that goes 16-0 in the regular season, only to go one and out in the playoffs.  The Colts organization saw the joy most everyone took in watching the 18-0 Patriots lose in the Super Bowl, and I think they know they have a snowflake's chance in hell of even making it that far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

"If you can win, then win if you can't be brave in the attempt"

Obviously Bill Polian and the Gelding organization never heard of Eunice Kennedy Shiver.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Rationale was Polian was not paying attention to the game - he was looking for the Jets intern he attacked a few years back....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Albatross!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

Bill "The Loser" Polian seen below in 2008 lobbying for more rule changes to help Peyton's passing game. This is the biggest scandal of the past decade in the NFL in my opinion. Just ask the Pats, Steelers, Chargers, and the Ravens for their opinions on the rule changes that benefited the gutless Dolts.