Bills Lynch arrested on felony weapons charge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

CULVER CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested in Southern California on a weapons charge, police said Sunday.

Police said Lynch was arrested Wednesday night after officers approached him and two other men sitting in a 2006 Mercedes-Benz in this Los Angeles suburb and found a loaded firearm.

Lynch was arrested after officers determined the gun belonged to him. He was released that night on $35,000 bail.

Culver City police did not immediately return a phone message seeking information about why officers approached Lynch and his companions.

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic incident. Schwartzbach said the player was in California to visit friends.

A Bills spokesman had no comment.

The 22-year-old Lynch was the Bills' first-round draft pick out of California in 2007. He played in his first Pro Bowl earlier this month after being added to the team in place of injured Tennessee running back Chris Johnson.

Lynch's arrest marked the second time in less than a year that he has been in trouble with the law.

In June, Lynch pleaded guilty to a traffic violation and admitted speeding off in his Porsche Cayenne SUV after striking a female pedestrian near Buffalo's downtown bar district on May 31. The victim, a 27-year-old woman from suburban Toronto, was treated and released from the hospital later that day after sustaining a bruised hip and cut to her thigh that required seven stitches.

Lynch said it was raining hard when he saw a woman dancing in the street and slowed to let pass, then continued on his way. He said he was unaware he had hit anybody.

A judge ordered Lynch's driver's license revoked but the player appealed and was allowed to keep his license.

From SI.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

More Woe for Buffalo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Further proof that you can take the punk out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the punk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

If both he and Plaxico were regular folks like you and I they would be cellmates in Attica. But we all know celebrities/sportstars don't go jail in America.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

This is Lynch's 2nd infraction against the NFL personal conduct policy....

Last June he was speeding, he hit a woman and left the scene of the the accident

He should be suspended!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Nobody who has millions goes to jail unless
    it's murder (and sometimes not even then). Or stealing from the government!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Lynch looks like he belongs in jail... this cat can do either one or two things... stay home and hide his ugly mug from everything and anything or go to jail...

this cats has to be the ugliest brother i have ever looked at in my life... he is lucky he wheres a helmet for a living... i hope he does what is best for his family and just stays out of sight...

he just ran somebody over last year...!

if i was a ugly football player who made way to much money and i had just ran over some dude a year ago and got away with that... the last thing i would be doing is carrying a gun...

these idiots kill me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, Leon, think what you like. Punk was the nicest word I could think of to describe this jack@ss. There are other words I know that I'm quite certain are unprintable, but I don't see how identifying someone as what he is makes anyone racist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Mike Vick is jail and he's got more money then Plaxico and Lynch combined.You nelly do gooders are really something else.

Hess, you really should learn to read above a second grade level! If you had read the whole post (I know with your ADD reading TWO whole sentences is taxing to your pea-sized brain), you would know I included "stealing from the government". Illicit income (especially millions) is in their opinion staling, as you're not giving them their cut. But I suppose you're already daydreaming about Broadway Joe in his pantyhose again and not understanding what you're reading!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Prairie Mike

I really hate agreeing with Leon on anything but the "can't take ghetto out of the punk" comment, if not intentionally racist, does sound completely determinist, damning and unacceptable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

"most" celebrities/sportstars don't go to jail....better?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'll tell you what's unacceptable: People treating @asholes with kid gloves because of the color of their skin, because, gosh -- oh my -- we wouldn't want to be considered racist, now would we?. I couldn't care less if this dude was blue with pink polka dots or if he grew up in Fairfax. Morons wandering around in public with loaded weapons is not okay with me and, no, you don't get a free pass because you're black. Whether some douchebag comes from an acutal ghetto (with actual Jews) isn't the point. This tough-guy gangsta pose is a "ghetto" mentality -- hence the comment -- and if the majority of these stories tend to involve our African American brothers (talk to an actual African sometime and see if you can tell the difference), that isn't racism, kids, that's real life in this century. Don't lay your guilt on me. I got no use for it.

Now I'm done with this topic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

amen Mike

I dont think what you said was racist