BILLS Sunday JETS Thursday... now it makes sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

BILLS Sunday JETS Thursday... now it makes sense

2 games with only 3 days rest between to start the season must be a major consideration for BB and his staff.

Guys will be more prone to injuries.  Think...  Hamstrings, strains, pulls, etc.  Its the first 60 minute live bullets flying since last January.  Then you do it again 4 days later?

Personnel...  The roster must be juggled with 2 ganeplans in mind right?  Calling guys in off the street is anticipated.  

Leon Washington is a virtual certainty for jets game.  Develin, forston, fells, all might be suiting up for jets.

Who gets let go...? Maybe the guys you just signed? Are these new players rentals to help get past this demanding glitch in the schedule?

Good news its bills and jets but bad news is its bills and jets, since a slip up here would set bad tone for season and be a set back in the division.

These games are huge, but 9 day break awaits if the plan and execution gets the team through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gslinger66. Show gslinger66's posts

Re: BILLS Sunday JETS Thursday... now it makes sense

I hadn't thought of the roster moves being made as BB trying to manage for two games.  I can see where some of what you mentioned makes some sense.   Interesting...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't subtract points from teams playing on Thursday because they have an equal penalty. 

I add 2 points to teams playing after their Thursday game because they have 10 days of preparation time for their next opponent.  In other words, a Thursday game is generally considered a gift to both teams.  A Monday night game is a 1 point penalty on both teams.

Any given Sunday, but the Bills, Jets and Buccaneers are really down there on the charts. Based solely on 2012 numbers I have Patriots by 9 points over the Bills but I suspect a lot more, owing to the Bills' circus atmosphere right now -- their starting safety wants to be traded, their QB has never played a game with their start receiver, ...  I have the Pats by 12.7 points over the Jets but I suspect a lot more because the Big Apple Circus beats those little guys out in Buffalo.  The Jets have to start their rookie QB because of Snoopygate.  I have the Pats by 12.8 point over Tampa Bay right now.  I'd love to get some real 2013 numbers to modify what I have. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

2 games with only 3 days rest between to start the season must be a major consideration for BB and his staff.

Guys will be more prone to injuries.  Think...  Hamstrings, strains, pulls, etc.  Its the first 60 minute live bullets flying since last January.  Then you do it again 4 days later?

Personnel...  The roster must be juggled with 2 ganeplans in mind right?  Calling guys in off the street is anticipated.  

Leon Washington is a virtual certainty for jets game.  Develin, forston, fells, all might be suiting up for jets.

Who gets let go...? Maybe the guys you just signed? Are these new players rentals to help get past this demanding glitch in the schedule?

Good news its bills and jets but bad news is its bills and jets, since a slip up here would set bad tone for season and be a set back in the division.

These games are huge, but 9 day break awaits if the plan and execution gets the team through.

Great thought. Some guys may be back in time for the Jets game having rested up a liitle. We we see when all the cuts  / adds come in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I don't subtract points from teams playing on Thursday because they have an equal penalty. 

I add 2 points to teams playing after their Thursday game because they have 10 days of preparation time for their next opponent.  In other words, a Thursday game is generally considered a gift to both teams.  A Monday night game is a 1 point penalty on both teams.

Any given Sunday, but the Bills, Jets and Buccaneers are really down there on the charts. Based solely on 2012 numbers I have Patriots by 9 points over the Bills but I suspect a lot more, owing to the Bills' circus atmosphere right now -- their starting safety wants to be traded, their QB has never played a game with their start receiver, ...  I have the Pats by 12.7 points over the Jets but I suspect a lot more because the Big Apple Circus beats those little guys out in Buffalo.  The Jets have to start their rookie QB because of Snoopygate.  I have the Pats by 12.8 point over Tampa Bay right now.  I'd love to get some real 2013 numbers to modify what I have. 

Playing on Thursday would be an equal penalty if coaching were equal, which it isn't.  Playing on Thursday would be an equal penalty if conditioning were equal which it likely isn't. 

Hard to quantify these inequalities but that's where the insight and observations come in from quasi experts like yourself.

My insight tells me that BB will use his insight to counteract the Thursday penalty thereby giving his team an advantage, hence the roster activity...IMO.

Pats record on Thursday is good , except they're good all the time ...lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

How is this not an issue of concern for fans...?  You love your Thursday football...?  If you think the NFL product is the same on Thursday nights after teams play on Sunday, then you qualify as a card carrying member of the Roger goodell fan club.  Send him a thank you note.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Great thought. Some guys may be back in time for the Jets game having rested up a liitle. We we see when all the cuts  / adds come in.

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that. Leon Washington wouldn't be visting with the Giants if that was the case.

[/QUOTE]

Visiting...?  is that an official term now? 

" Leon Washington is now visiting a new contract"...  fascinating...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

More likely the 68 year old coughing Coughlin is playing old school head games with the youngster Belichick...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So far, we have Washington back and fresh for jets game as predicted.

Others like Dobson or even gronk could see action and be fresh.  If gronk can't go do you bring in fells?

If fells, then drop develin, ( again). Develin will be this years ventrone.  TE position needs more production.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Are we seeing any late roster moves for this game...? Like if sudfeld pulled a hamstring, why not fells or Ballard?  Maybe gronk will be enough????