Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats?

The Patriots have historically had a tough time with Denver teams, and it looks like the Bills are pretty serious in talking to Mike Shanahan, Denver's former head coach. I know that Bill has a lot of respect for Shanahan, but is this a scary thought to have to play a Shanahan-coached team twice every year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats?

In Response to Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats?:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots have historically had a tough time with Denver teams, and it looks like the Bills are pretty serious in talking to Mike Shanahan, Denver's former head coach. I know that Bill has a lot of respect for Shanahan, but is this a scary thought to have to play a Shanahan-coached team twice every year?
    Posted by cwiegmann24[/QUOTE]Shanahan will not be moving to Buffalo, anytime soon. He is going to wait to see what is out there. Unfortunately for the Bills, Coaches like Shanahan and Cower will be using Ralph wilson and the Bills to drive up their asking price at a more viable place.Let's wait and see about Dallas and Tampa Bay coaching possibilities,maybee even Carolina.The Bills do want to hire a big time coach though. I feel they are tired of the Gregg Williams, The Malarky's and now Dick Jaurans of the world.They are looking for a big Splash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots have historically had a tough time with Denver teams, and it looks like the Bills are pretty serious in talking to Mike Shanahan, Denver's former head coach. I know that Bill has a lot of respect for Shanahan, but is this a scary thought to have to play a Shanahan-coached team twice every year?
    Posted by cwiegmann24[/QUOTE]cant help pats' cause. shanahan automatically raises the divisonal's competitive  IQ. he's one of the few coaches who can match wits and play chess with bel (as others bring their checkerboard). denver was always the toughest matchup for the pats. this dude can find RBs from anywhere, will have a decent QB in there also. could be vick or fitzpatrik. plus he has the kind of gravitas that can recruit some top guys to come in. plus, this is the same dude able to keep marshall and cutler in check while winning. also, gutsy enough to call the pass rather than settling for extra point in that crucial game last year, with no time left! hope bills go cheap for another rethread or unkown assistant again. idiot organizational calls. bringing in shanahan or cowher shows too much common sense. division will be too physical, from jets to dolphs then to shanahan-buffalo.. who is the patsy????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I welcome the challenege, we cant say BB is teh best coach of all time and then be afraid to go up against other great head coaches. I would look forward to this if it came to pass. And I wouldnt be so sure about him not wanting to come to the Bills, they have some players that might intise him. He loves him some running backs and they have two very good running backs. It is a possibility that Shanahan might end up with the Bills. If he waits long enough though he can get the job with the Chargers as I am sure Norv Turner will be fired by the end of the year. And he would love a chance to stick it to the Bronco's twice a year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Neither John Elway nor even Jake Plummer are playing QB for Buffalo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Tapple that is a very short sighted way of looking at things. The Bills are not a good football team so they will have a nice draft pick. So if Shanahan was to take the job he could draft a QB with in teh next few years and I dont know about you but I think Shanahan is a good drafter so I wouldnt put all your eggs in that "no John Elway" basket if he takes the job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Strange, Shanahan gets fired, and you people are afraid of him. I also agree, Buffalo has no John Elway!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

No Elway and no defensive line.  Also has no offensive line.

He would be at least 4-6 new linemen and a QB away from having a football team that's built for success.

I'd be more worried about the Dolphins, who seem like they're only a stud receiver away from making the leap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

shanny likely will go to Houston. that would be a much better fit! they already have a great qb, receiver, and a stable of potentially good running baks and an overall great offense! minus the colts, he should be able to hold his own against both TN and jacksonville. easier road!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I gotta go with Yapple on this one.

What did Shanahan ever accomplish without Elway?

And how long did it take him to accomplish what he did even with Elway?

My primary concern if Shanahan brings his style of offense to the AFC East is for the knees of our defensive line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

In Response to Re: Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats?:
    [QUOTE]I gotta go with Yapple on this one. What did Shanahan ever accomplish without Elway? And how long did it take him to accomplish what he did even with Elway? My primary concern if Shanahan brings his style of offense to the AFC East is for the knees of our defensive line.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...so by the some token some would be quick to say the same about Bel/Brady, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I didn't know we played Shanahan.  Does he play for Buffalo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I still say, not a problem. Bill has beaten smarter, and if he's so great, why hasn't some other team signed him over the past yrs.??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]...What did Shanahan ever accomplish without Elway?...
    Well for one, he squashed the Pats bid for the Superbowl in 2005.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

[QUOTE]I gotta go with Yapple on this one. What did Shanahan ever accomplish without Elway? And how long did it take him to accomplish what he did even with Elway? My primary concern if Shanahan brings his style of offense to the AFC East is for the knees of our defensive line.

One thing Shanahan did without ELWAY is beat the PATS in the playoffs a few years back with JAKE PLUMMER....  Great defensive plan that kept Brady off kilter all game... I was devastated!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats? : One thing Shanahan did without ELWAY is beat the PATS in the playoffs a few years back with JAKE PLUMMER....  Great defensive plan that kept Brady off kilter all game... I was devastated!
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]Joe I can't remember the game but wasn't that one of those PI games? Weren't the Broncos afforded the patented Colts Pass interference call late in the game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by cwiegmann24[/QUOTE]

Interestng, but the Bills need a heck of a lot more than a talented head coach. 

If someone told me that a good head coach could turn around the program in Oakland, I would have the same doubts.  Bills are barely a passable NFL team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats? : cant help pats' cause. shanahan automatically raises the divisonal's competitive  IQ. he's one of the few coaches who can match wits and play chess with bel (as others bring their checkerboard). denver was always the toughest matchup for the pats. this dude can find RBs from anywhere, will have a decent QB in there also. could be vick or fitzpatrik. plus he has the kind of gravitas that can recruit some top guys to come in. plus, this is the same dude able to keep marshall and cutler in check while winning. also, gutsy enough to call the pass rather than settling for extra point in that crucial game last year, with no time left! hope bills go cheap for another rethread or unkown assistant again. idiot organizational calls. bringing in shanahan or cowher shows too much common sense. division will be too physical, from jets to dolphs then to shanahan-buffalo.. who is the patsy????
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

I agree that the bills are more likely to get a bargain basement coach that a big name. I mean, let's face it, if you're a shanahan or a cowher with multiple options, are you really going to take your family to live in Buffalo? I know my family would mutiny at the prospect.

I'm sure someone will get on me for this but I can't imagine a worse place to play. Sure the Vikes' and Bears' cities are just as cold or colder but at least there's some civilization there. I've been to buffalo and its truly a wretched, decaying city. Think worchester but colder and further from civilization.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

Your are are correct ,you are just forgetting the cut blocking which the refs never call,kind of the reverse of  the bs pi calls we get.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobopeelot. Show bobopeelot's posts

The Bills are stanky and the  Shannapotamus needs excellence to cover his mediocrity.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]Strange, Shanahan gets fired, and you people are afraid of him. I also agree, Buffalo has no John Elway!!
    Posted by southnpatsfan[/QUOTE] as i recall, bel also was FIRED!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bills talking with Shanahan. Bad news for Pats? : I agree that the bills are more likely to get a bargain basement coach that a big name. I mean, let's face it, if you're a shanahan or a cowher with multiple options, are you really going to take your family to live in Buffalo? I know my family would mutiny at the prospect. I'm sure someone will get on me for this but I can't imagine a worse place to play. Sure the Vikes' and Bears' cities are just as cold or colder but at least there's some civilization there. I've been to buffalo and its truly a wretched, decaying city. Think worchester but colder and further from civilization.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE] damnnnn, buffalo really is the SIBERIA of the NFL. kind of like utah in the NBA except that utah wins. TO knew that his career would die there. what else do u go there for? i dont c a prime coach ending up there right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think coaches with options are going to take the job that gives them the best chance of winning now.  Buffalo is a sucker bet, they fired thier coach mid season which say's they're desperate and impatient.  I think having the pats in the same division keeps good coaches away, the Pats are dominant and have a young QB and plenty of talent.  There is no reason to think they won't keep being dominant, and you would have to believe you could usually beat the Pats to win the division. 

I see Shanahan trying to get a job this offseason with a weaker division and hopefully an established QB.  I wouldn't be surprised to see GB, Chicago, Washington and TB try to get him.  I'll start the rumors-  Jay Cutler reunion!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I agree with most on this one...

The Pats have the best HC in the NFL, Tom Brady, etc... 

This may be bad news for the Jets and Fins... but still. 

I think Shananigan's post ^ nailed it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

If you truely believe this, then the same could be said for Belicheck. Belicheck hasn't won without Brady. Shanahan is a great coach and one of the better offensive minds in football. As I recall, the Patriots had a pretty tough time beating the Broncos even without Elway.

In 14 years as head coach of the Broncos he is had only two losing seasons and his overall record is 146-98.

Belicheck's overall record is 145-89

The guy's a great coach, but he needs to get a better set of false teeth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Shanahan