Billy Sullivan on Babe Parilli.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Billy Sullivan on Babe Parilli.

"Babe is immensely popular with the players. I've been in professional sports for 32 years and I have never met a nicer man, a man with a better character than Babe. He'll sit for hours talking to little kids. I've never even heard him swear." Billy Sullivan

I knew a guy who wrote a book a couple of years ago about the Pats who interviewed Babe several times in that endeavor. He said exactly the same thing; super nice man and very generous with his time.

Our beloved Babe is 83 now. I hope he remains with us many many more years. I loved watching Babe play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnaddar1. Show johnaddar1's posts

Re: Billy Sullivan on Babe Parilli.

I remember the days of Babe rotating with Butch Songin at quarterback.  My best memory of Babe was at the end of the first half.  Babe handed to running back twice making it look he was running out the clock.  Then on 3rd down, he threw a touchdown pass completely surprising the other team.  I don't remember anything else about the game except for that series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

From what I have seen (and Babe was well before my time) he was a straight up Tecmo Bowl QB. Fun to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Babe is immensely popular with the players. I've been in professional sports for 32 years and I have never met a nicer man, a man with a better character than Babe. He'll sit for hours talking to little kids. I've never even heard him swear." Billy Sullivan

I knew a guy who wrote a book a couple of years ago about the Pats who interviewed Babe several times in that endeavor. He said exactly the same thing; super nice man and very generous with his time.

Our beloved Babe is 83 now. I hope he remains with us many many more years. I loved watching Babe play.

[/QUOTE] yes but i remember listening to Babe play on a transistor radio.

also does anyboby know that Babe played for the Bear?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] yes but i remember listening to Babe play on a transistor radio.

also does anyboby know that Babe played for the Bear?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. As did Namath (different colleges). Him and Namath were both from Pittsburgh area - (two of the many renowned Monongahela QBs).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

old people are rather boring

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post Babe. This was a bit before my time (not enough I'm afraid) but history is everything!!

And NYCPatsfan 12 - GFY! DB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Oh, I thought this was about the OP and he personally knew Billy Sullivan.  Silly me.

Just kidding... I remember Babe and his playing days....  also, the OP and his posting days!  (-;

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

wow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Old people might be boring but they have one distinct advantage over younger people.

They've survived long enough to be considered old.   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

So true. They aren't into cool things like idiotic tats, ear gauges, nose rings, garbage music or living home until they are 40.