BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

1. Green-Ellis & history of Bengals' backs. In a piece on Bengals.com, former Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis talks about the history of productive Bengals rushers and hopefully joining that group. He also noted that while he didn't have a lot of receptions in New England, he feels like he can be a contributor as a pass-catcher. "There's a difference between not being able to catch and not being thrown to," he said.

Some of us hear ya, BJGE. Wish you could have went off with a ring on that finger.  Opportunity lost.

Class act, good luck in Cincy, except not too much luck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

I am not a big fan of BJGE as a feature back but I am a big fan of BJGE as a player. What is does well he does VERY well. I hope he has a great period with the Bengals. Sorry to see him leave but I think we will end up with a more dangerous running game and that can only help the passing game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

And we will miss him every time someone fumbles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Oh please.  He left because he got more money, plain and simple.  Sad part is it wasnt that much more and after a year in Cincy he will be wishing he never left NE.  Cincy really???  Thats were players go to watch their careers die.  Live and learn law firm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BJGE had 12 targets and caught 9 of them. That is pretty good at 75% of your targets caught if you ask me. Btw Gronk was I think 2nd in the league at 73%. Just saying.

"There's a difference between not being able to catch and not being thrown to," he said

That statement says everything about our one dimensional offense. Guys do not get opportunity to succeed lately in our offense. We have very little patience. It is the reason why 3 players caught over 3,800 of our 5,300 passing yards, and 33 of our 39 td passes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

EDIT...oh sorry he had 13 targets and caught 9. Damn stone hands only caught 69% of his targets!!! LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I mentioned this before, but I am not sure we ever lost a game with BJGE as the feature back, either in 2010 or 2011.

The fact our offense isn't finding ways to at least start with him to see how he does as the lead back, only to go Woodhead as a change of pace, is disturbing based upon this fact.

I'd need to go back and look, but it's either an incredible rarity we lost with him as a feature part of the gameplan at the RB slot, or we never seriously lost a game with him. 

The only loss for NE was against Cleveland in Cleveland in 2010 after Moss was dealt and BJGE was leaned on more.  Then, think about vs NY and Oakland where he ran amuck.  Then consider games where the offense couldn't m ove the ball with Woodhead as the lead back and pass based offense when BJGE was out with turf toe. Hmm.

Edit: Yep. He only had 9 carries in the Cleveland game before it got out of hand.  Woodhead also had 9 carries.

Again, disturbing this wasn't noticed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    [QUOTE]Oh please.  He left because he got more money, plain and simple.  Sad part is it wasnt that much more and after a year in Cincy he will be wishing he never left NE.  Cincy really???  Thats were players go to watch their careers die.  Live and learn law firm.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Nope. Wrong again. Cincy is trending up now. Pitt and Balt down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty the title of this thread is absurdly misleading.  I just read the article and nowhere does it mention him leaving because he wasn't thrown the ball.  He just commented that despite not getting thrown the ball that often in NE he thinks he can be productive in that aspect with the Bengals.  He left here because he was offered more money there.  End of story.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]Oh please.  He left because he got more money, plain and simple.  Sad part is it wasnt that much more and after a year in Cincy he will be wishing he never left NE.  Cincy really???  Thats were players go to watch their careers die.  Live and learn law firm.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

I'm with this, I think he'll be fine in Cincy though... they have something good going there but to think he left this team that gave him everything over a few targets in the passing game is just moronic, he left for the dollar plain and simple. No need to pull on your blinders because you liked the guy Rusty!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Targets aren't the same thing as drops. You can be targeted and the throw stinks. What's his drop percentage. That goes for any receiver. Most recievers don't have  a 25% drop rate. They would not be very good. For example Branch was 9th  in the league at dropping passings. Like 2 out of 50+ catches under 4% while Brandon Marshall was near 15%.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

PCMIV,

Umm, his own words are misleading?  Now, how does that make sense?  The title of this thread is "one reason", not "the reason. So, you're wrong.

Of course he left for money, but it's very clear he sees himself as a more all round kind of lead back, and the fact is, he's correct. So, he wins on both fronts. Money and being a lead back that is not subbed for over and over and over.

I repeat, I don't think this team lost a game in his two years here as a split starter.  That's like ignoring the idea that in the BB/Brady era, NE is someting like 31-1- when a lead back goes over 100 yards rushing, simply by being on the field the majority of the time.    It's just a stat that is impossible to ignore.

We saw it in 2010 here.  I'd suggest not jerking responses with my comments.  He wouldn't have said what he said if there wasn't something behind it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Nope. Wrong again. Cincy is trending up now. Pitt and Balt down.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Hey..who wouldn't want to be coached by Jay Gruden ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Poor BJGE.  If we had just made him the primary target, all would have been fine. What is wrong with Tommy throwing to guys like Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead & Branch when they continually drop the ball and ruin his awful completion %.  Sounds like someone has forgotten how to spell TEAM.  I suspect this is the real reason that Bill decided to cut him lose.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE
    Do you not see the irony of your post? You infer it was fine to use primarily 3 guys in the passing game but then throw out this gem " Sounds like someone has forgotten how to spell TEAM"

Using our lead back in the passing game has nothing to do with making him the "primary target"..

Brady's favorite receiver used to be the open receiver. Perhaps you don't remember that?  Since 2007 our offense has been focused on 2-3 parts and it is not conducive to winning championships. See our 15.5 ppg average in our last 2 SB's.

but your probably right the offense is fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Exactly.   Note how the sneaky trolls try put words in our mouths on this.  NO one said "primary", but just more so of a target.  They're such sneaky little turds.

Those designed checkdowns to him were fantastic, but then O'Brien couldn't wait to sub him in and out and then never do it again in the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]Poor BJGE.  If we had just made him the primary target, all would have been fine. What is wrong with Tommy throwing to guys like Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead & Branch when they continually drop the ball and ruin his awful completion %.  Sounds like someone has forgotten how to spell TEAM .  I suspect this is the real reason that Bill decided to cut him lose. Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE Do you not see the irony of your post? You infer it was fine to use primarily 3 guys in the passing game but then throw out this gem " Sounds like someone has forgotten how to spell TEAM" Using our lead back in the passing game has nothing to do with making him the "primary target".. Brady's favorite receiver used to be the open receiver. Perhaps you don't remember that?  Since 2007 our offense has been focused on 2-3 parts and it is not conducive to winning championships. See our 15.5 ppg average in our last 2 SB's. but your probably right the offense is fine.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

OK OK OK OK guys guys guys, the past 4 years have all just been a practical joke by me....that's right your favourite QB Tom Brady. I was waiting for someone to mention the difference in the offense for the 1 millionth time and it's finally happened. WELL DONE TRUE CHAMP!! And let's not forget Rusty's tireless efforts! Now that's all wrapped up i'll go right to Foxborough to have a talk with Coach and Josh. I'll see you at the superbowl parade in February!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]PCMIV, Umm, his own words are misleading?  Now, how does that make sense?  The title of this thread is "one reason", not "the reason. So, you're wrong. Of course he left for money, but it's very clear he sees himself as a more all round kind of lead back, and the fact is, he's correct. So, he wins on both fronts. Money and being a lead back that is not subbed for over and over and over. I repeat, I don't think this team lost a game in his two years here as a split starter.  That's like ignoring the idea that in the BB/Brady era, NE is someting like 31-1- when a lead back goes over 100 yards rushing, simply by being on the field the majority of the time.    It's just a stat that is impossible to ignore. We saw it in 2010 here.  I'd suggest not jerking responses with my comments.  He wouldn't have said what he said if there wasn't something behind it.

His words aren't misleading.  Your interpretation of them is.  What is he going to say? "No I suck at catching I am useless".  The fact is he gave NE a chance to match any offer he received meaning all else equal he wanted to stay here no matter how he was being used.  I'm not saying the guy can't catch, but to suggest that because he says he can despite limited reps is evidence that he left NE because of how we run our offense is a stretch to say the least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Maybe it wouldn't be mentioned if some drips here just admitted, it is in fact, a major problem in the postseson against good front 7s?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This wouldnt be the first time an athlete had a bloated opinion of himself. You should know all about that Rusty, well minus the athlete part...lol j/k

The fact is, Yes he can catch a pass. Why did he only have one screen pass thrown to him all year?  Maybe it was O'brein, who knows. The thing is, there is more to just catching the ball. There is the matter of doing something with it after the catch. Aligning yourself up with the blockers so the timing is right. Alot goes in. Also you have to able to run routes even as a RB. The Rb route tree is pretty vast here. Fades,flat routes, jerk routes, digs, etc

The bottomline all you are doing is continue to show that you dont think B.B. is a good coach or g.m. , despite saying otherwise any other time... I dont get it.

Is this Brady's fault too??  Ahhhhh, I see now.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe it wouldn't be mentioned if some drips here just admitted, it is in fact, a major problem in the postseson against good front 7s?

You're right man it's totally predictable and non beneficial to our team. But you know exactly what's going to happen when you start a thread like this it's going to end up being a 3 day pis sing contest between you and a few others. If you wish to continue fair enough i won't be butting in again it's futile though absolutely futile!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

No, what it does is it proves there was truth behind it. That's what it does. I said I did not blame him for leaving.   They under-appreciated his value whether being benched at halftime v.s. Balt on 8 carries and 50 yards or in the SB where he ended up with 9 carries total with a 17-15 lead, before the last subbed in and pointless obligatory hand off at the end.

That said, if the plan is to get a really talented guy in here to FORCE Brady to use more lead RB plays, then great! I am all for it. But, it doesn't change what happened in the postseason with BJGE and the fact we seriously did not lose games when he was used as a lead back.

We need to stop subbing for the RBs on drives, minus a breather or an injury.

The only time we'd ever pull off Antowain Smith or Dillon was due to them needing a breather.

Or, if they saw something that Faulk could expose as a lead back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If B.B. WANTS to run Benny more and throw to him more but doesnt because he is scared to tell Brady to do so, does that still make him the great coach you claim him to be?

If he let him get away, does that not make him a good G.M.?

Was Brady the one negotiating the contract and decided that Benny was too expensive right before he himself restructured his own??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Right here's the thing guys. Running the football is part of the game! There has to be a reasonable ratio of run to pass in order to keep the D honest and respect the D. We haven't been doing that, we have maybe the best 11 man group on offense in the NFL but when you get to the playoffs and you play the best defence in the NFL it becomes a tie and how do you confuse the D when you are tied......misdirection!! If they know we are going to pass then it makes them a much much better D and our O much much worse. It's like having say two 210 pound back running at you which is better the one who tries to run straight through you or the one who does a jump cut and sends you one way while they head for pay dirt?