BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    [QUOTE]No, what it does is it proves there was truth behind it. That's what it does. I said I did not blame him for leaving.   They under-appreciated his value whether being benched at halftime v.s. Balt on 8 carries and 50 yards or in the SB where he ended up with 9 carries total with a 17-15 lead, before the last subbed in and pointless obligatory hand off at the end. That said, if the plan is to get a really talented guy in here to FORCE Brady to use more lead RB plays, then great! I am all for it. But, it doesn't change what happened in the postseason with BJGE and the fact we seriously did not lose games when he was used as a lead back. We need to stop subbing for the RBs on drives, minus a breather or an injury. The only time we'd ever pull off Antowain Smith or Dillon was due to them needing a breather. Or, if they saw something that Faulk could expose as a lead back.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

This is the most important point of all by a long long way especially when like last year we had 2 backs with such defined skill sets : the power runner and the pass catcher. I literally cringed at times this season when they did this!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]If B.B. WANTS to run Benny more and throw to him more but doesnt because he is scared to tell Brady to do so, does that still make him the great coach you claim him to be? If he let him get away, does that not make him a good G.M.? Was Brady the one negotiating the contract and decided that Benny was too expensive right before he himself restructured his own??
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

No, I JUST SAID, if BB upgrades from BJGE then I am all for it. Also, I do think BB under-valued BJGE this postseason/listens/caves in to Brady's wants too much.

Flaw of BB to me as a coach in 2011 and I'd say it to his face right now. I don't really care who agrees, who doesn't or what anyone thinks of my opinion, including Tom Brady, Bill O'Brien or Bill Belichick. To varying degrees, they screwed up what should have been a SB win.

Why do agre with me and then try be all bi-polar like this? You're one strange little guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm sure he will be burning up the league with all his superior skills, cuz that BB just doesn't know how to get the best out of a guy, LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The reason Benny is benched in the postseason is exactly correlated to B.B. knowing the defenses in the playoffs are better.

1.) he just doesnt have that much confidence(over a Brady pass) that Benny will move the chain.

2.) Our bad defense(bad on 3rd downs) is on the field so much, that when our offense finally takes the field, we have to work quickly because our M.O. is outscoring teams and will continue to be until our defense improves.
    This is football 101.

This is why in the 2nd half, Benny dissapears because our offense is under the gun to get more posessions and so we throw and when we throw,, we want Woody in there, being more dynamic in the passing game.

Or, B.B. is an idiot.

I choose the first the scenario.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : This is the most important point of all by a long long way especially when like last year we had 2 backs with such defined skill sets : the power runner and the pass catcher. I literally cringed at times this season when they did this!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

I've said it all year.  It's part of the root cause tied directly to them wanting to pass more, which means then plopping in Woodhead to do so in shotgun packages.

So, any lethal aspect of our offense is actually compromised by the subbing itself.

The second Woodhead comes in I say: 75% chance of a pass.
    The second BJGE comes in I say: 75% chance of a run.

It almost seemed like O'Brien had no real roadmap of how to call a game and just wanted keep Brady entertained by trying to run pass plays at a 60% clip.

That's just how it looked to me all year, starting in Buffalo with that disaster. Brady throwing for 500 yards in Week 1 actually became a detriment, because he looked to chase that down all year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : I've said it all year.  It's part of the root cause tied directly to them anting to pass more, which means then plopping in Woodhead to do so in shotgun packages. So, any lethal aspect of our offense is actually compromised by the subbing itself. The second Woodhead comes in I say: 75% chance of a pass. The second BJGE comes in I say: 75% chance of a run. It almost seemed like O'Brien had no real roadmap of how to call a game and just wanted keep Brady entertained by trying to run pass plays at a 60% clip. That's just how it looked to me all year, starting in Buffalo with that disaster. Brady throwing for 500 yards in Week 1 actually became a detriment, because he looked to chase that down all year.

You have an issue with the shotgun/spread? First I've heard of it. Are you sure you've mentioned it before?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]The reason Benny is benched in the postseason is exactly correlated to B.B. knowing the defenses in the playoffs are better. 1.) he just doesnt have that much confidence(over a Brady pass) that Benny will move the chain. 2.) Our bad defense(bad on 3rd downs) is on the field so much, that when our offense finally takes the field, we have to work quickly because our M.O. is outscoring teams and will continue to be until our defense improves. This is football 101. This is why in the 2nd half, Benny dissapears because our offense is under the gun to get more posessions and so we throw and when we throw,, we want Woody in there, being more dynamic in the passing game. Or, B.B. is an idiot. I choose the first the scenario.

Or BB is wrong and screwed up not knowing he's 31-1 with Brady and lead back going 100 yards or more and paid his roadgrading LG, Logan Mankins 9 million dollars per year to run block with beasts at TE and Tackle, etc?

Maybe?

Football 101 is fielding a team that plays like a chameleon week to week, game to game, half to half and qtr to qtr. Also, BB does not call the plays.

He can't be constantly microcmanaing every decision and move Bill O'Brien makes.

FInally, NE has not lost a game with BJGE as a lead back, so your statement with B not having confidence in BJGE, an RB who runs AMUCK on teams when he's incorporated as a lead back, is pretty silly to say.

We got a problem and McDaniels has a chance to fix it by getting through to Brady and ALSO now upgrading from BJGE so we don't see an excuse like the one you just made.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]If B.B. WANTS to run Benny more and throw to him more but doesnt because he is scared to tell Brady to do so, does that still make him the great coach you claim him to be? If he let him get away, does that not make him a good G.M.? Was Brady the one negotiating the contract and decided that Benny was too expensive right before he himself restructured his own??

I think BB regularly calls Brady out. Brady has always been quick to tell how BB will verbally abuse him in practice, that is why they have a great player/coach relationship. I don't know why Russ thinks Brady has an ego problem or whatever but whether or not we agree with Russ he certainly has a point about this team being one dimensional and relying on the pass to much has been a detriment to this offense in the playoffs.

That is not all BB's problem, if it was BB's fault that we use the pass too much then we would never have need for offensive and defensive coordinators. It takes more then 1 coach to coach a football team. O.C's need to stand alone and ours didn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

2011 Benny's longest run was 18 yards. Pats looking for more from the lead back. Pats would have loved Benny back as a complimentary back, but also at the complimentary cost.
    I said it last camp. I was there the one day Vareen played in camp. He can turn the corner like no one the Pats have had in a long time. And he is built to be the lead back in a rotation.
    I think the Pats are fine with what they have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

BJGE should be thankful to the Patriots for giving him a chance.   He was an UDFA that ended up on the practice squad.  He worked his way into the lineup.  He would not even have been concidered for a starting role on most NFL teams.  He should be greatful for what he got and how well it paid off for him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Oh, RustyII, you are just as dumb as RustyI.  Essentially, you are claiming that our receiver talent now is the same as the talent in 01-04 and therfore should be treated the same way.   Here we have a slot receiver and a couple of TEs that the entire league struggles with stopping and you think we should throw them the ball less often.  Double down, RustyII, double down.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

yeah good talking with you Busted. Sounds like you are a master debater. I am clearly out of my league on this one and will graciously bow out of our converstion. Well done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

What else could the problem be if it wasn't Brady addicted to chasing down dreams of 2007? I am not saying it's intentional, but there is no way on earth Weis would have allowed this poor management during games to go on.

It's 2012, guys. This ain't anything new.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : yeah good talking with you Busted. Sounds like you are a master debater. I am clearly out of my league on this one and will graciously bow out of our converstion. Well done.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

That's Phat Rex and one of his many new board names he created in December when the Jets imploded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : yeah good talking with you Busted. Sounds like you are a master debater. I am clearly out of my league on this one and will graciously bow out of our converstion. Well done.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Out of your league "on this one"? Try every single last damned one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I can agree with something you say without agreeing with your whole agenda.

We all want the same Rusty. Do I think that SB should have been a Pats win?

Yes, the only difference is I place blame on other things like Obie being out to lunch. Our defense not getting ONE single 3 and out and Brady being hurt most of the 4th quarter.

You agenda is that everything wrong with the offense is Bradys fault, and this I cannot agree with.

If not for Brady, we arent even in the SB.  Try putting Mallet or Hoyer back there in the gun all day and throw for 5k. It aint happening. I dont really like it, but I understand it. You dont because you fail to see any faults in the defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]What else could the problem be if it wasn't Brady addicted to chasing down dreams of 2007? I am not saying it's intentiona, but there is no way on earth Weis would have allowed this poor management during games to go on. It's 2012, guys. This ain't anything new.

What's intentiona? The name of the fantasy land you live in?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]BJGE should be thankful to the Patriots for giving him a chance.   He was an UDFA that ended up on the practice squad.  He worked his way into the lineup.  He would not even have been concidered for a starting role on most NFL teams.  He should be greatful for what he got and how well it paid off for him
    Posted by msteven[/QUOTE]

THis is one of the worst posts I've seen here.  If anyone worked their tail off and deserved everyting he earned, it was him. He put the team on the right track when BB called on him more after the Moss trade and had a fantastic season, one many felt he could have if given a chance over Maroney in 2009.

Humble, hardworking, class guy who did his job and did it well when called on.  It's ridiculous to think he was a product of something other than his hard work.

Also, just because you don't get drafted, doesn't mean you aren't any good. LIke that's saying rian Foster owes HOuston something. NO, the player EARNED his way.

You're attitude is one that apparently is set and ready to watch another SB debacle where Brady throws 40+ times, we lose, and you don't see why. Why would you want that again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"BJGE should be thankful to the Patriots for giving him a chance.   He was an UDFA that ended up on the practice squad.  He worked his way into the lineup.  He would not even have been concidered for a starting role on most NFL teams.  He should be greatful for what he got and how well it paid off for him "

Bravo Steven!!!

That is basically it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I can agree with something you say without agreeing with your whole agenda. We all want the same Rusty. Do I think that SB should have been a Pats win? Yes, the only difference is I place blame on other things like Obie being out to lunch. Our defense not getting ONE single 3 and out and Brady being hurt most of the 4th quarter. You agenda is that everything wrong with the offense is Bradys fault, and this I cannot agree with. If not for Brady, we arent even in the SB.  Try putting Mallet or Hoyer back there in the gun all day and throw for 5k. It aint happening. I dont really like it, but I understand it. You dont because you fail to see any faults in the defense.

I bet Malllet or Hoyer would have done better than Brady in the AFC Title game because we would have run BJGE more than 8 times for his 50 yards. I'd also guess neither would have thrown an INT as bad Brady did.

Dude, Brady was TERRIBLE in that game. We didn't get to a SB due to Brady. Our offense was LOADED.

Brady hurts this team by audibiling to too many pass plays and being in the shotgun too much.  And with just the worst INTs one could draw up as a QB. Talk about out to lunch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]"BJGE should be thankful to the Patriots for giving him a chance.   He was an UDFA that ended up on the practice squad.  He worked his way into the lineup.  He would not even have been concidered for a starting role on most NFL teams.  He should be greatful for what he got and how well it paid off for him " Bravo Steven!!! That is basically it.

Wow. Some of you are sick.  That's like saying 6th rd pick Tom brady was lucky to be taken and be placed on a legenadry 2001 team coached so well by BB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    [QUOTE]1. Green-Ellis & history of Bengals' backs . In a piece on Bengals.com, former Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis talks about the history of productive Bengals rushers and hopefully joining that group. He also noted that while he didn't have a lot of receptions in New England, he feels like he can be a contributor as a pass-catcher. "There's a difference between not being able to catch and not being thrown to," he said. Some of us hear ya, BJGE. Wish you could have went off with a ring on that finger.  Opportunity lost. Class act, good luck in Cincy, except not too much luck.

Sorry but that does not sound anything like a hint at a reason for leaving.

It sounds like an assertion of confidence that he can catch when called upon to because he was most likely asked or questioned about his versatility by the Cincy press.

...just my opinion.

players most often leave for more money, and they should.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"Brady hurts this team by audibiling to too many pass plays and being in the shotgun too much.  And with just the worst INTs one could draw up as a QB. Talk about out to lunch."

Rusty, I think this whole board would appreciate you atleast bieng factual in your rants.

This bolded statement is a flat out lie. You have no idea what the h3ll is going on and your brady bashing campaign is getting real old wouldnt you say? If you have to resort to just flat out lying and making stuff up, your whole argument goes out the window. I have seen no evidence of this. In fact the only time I remember Brady constantly audibling is when he handed off to Woody a whole drive that ended in a score after we were struggling to move the ball. I forget which game...but cmon rusty. You can do better than that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"That's like saying 6th rd pick Tom brady was lucky to be taken and be placed on a legenadry 2001 team coached so well by BB"

Ummmm, he was lucky. He could have easily went to the Niners. Or gone to a team that didnt have parcells grocery list still in their prime.

Are you drinking again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]"BJGE should be thankful to the Patriots for giving him a chance.   He was an UDFA that ended up on the practice squad.  He worked his way into the lineup.  He would not even have been concidered for a starting role on most NFL teams.  He should be greatful for what he got and how well it paid off for him " Bravo Steven!!! That is basically it.

I believe Benny was a priority UDFA which means the Pats had to outbid a number of other teams vying for his services so he would have had a number of other options and did not "need" the Pats.

But by that logic, Wes Welker must be worshipping and eternally thankful for the Chargers giving him chance. I mean they signed him as a UDFA and he made their practice squad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rusty alwasy says the same crap but loves Belichick and never blames him. It's like he pretends Brady tells Belichick and the OC what personel to put on the field. They go shotgun empty set because it is called. You can't run the ball if they call a formation that might not even have a RB on the field. That's Brady's fault of course. Brady tells them to put Woodhead on the field and tells them Law firm shouldn't be the lead back. All Brady. All the time. It's too bad the coaching staff don't have the balls to tell Brady no.