Blount is a beast who runs a lot like Dillon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Blount is a beast who runs a lot like Dillon

shades of 2004...  ?    Could we ride this dude as our power back behind a newfound OT beast (Mankins) and a retooled offensive line  all the way to Jersey...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Blount is a beast who runs a lot like Dillon

He runs with Blount force.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Ridley was excellant also. Great job today by the running backs. If Vereen's injury is serious the Pats will need the defense to play like today from here on out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

No... he's... just, no.  He is not Dillon.  He is nothing like Dillon.  He's an effective back, but let's not overhype a 16-carry, 76-yard performance.  I know this board loves to overreact hilariously to every game, but please, just stop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He's not Dillon by a long shot, but: him, Ridley (assuming no more fumbles) and Bolden to mix it up are more than good enough as they showed today. Great win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not only that,  but he has that open field vision like Dillon had where he can cut back into space behind the flow .  Great stride upfield to get that momentum into the sedondary.  Finishes like Dillon   Has that attitude like a bad Dude...  Lol.   Seems to be feeding off it kind of on the rise...

I want to see continued  mixing everybody in there with similar roles trying to maintain the run-pass option as part of the premium along with ball security.  Blount can catch the ball too (like Dillon) and can be utilized passing on early downs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No... he's... just, no.  He is not Dillon.  He is nothing like Dillon.  He's an effective back, but let's not overhype a 16-carry, 76-yard performance.  I know this board loves to overreact hilariously to every game, but please, just stop.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, and you stole my post, although I love the fact we have 3 good looking backs now with their own skill sets! But Corey Dillion? No, imo Ridley is closer to Dillion, just not as tall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Impressive ground game today particularly the drive for the second Blount TD against a stout D who was expecting the run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think they worked on his technique a bit. Think he is les upright and leans forward a bit more. Seems to break off 10 yard more often than not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The O-line opened up some massive holes for Blount and once he gets some momemtum he's hard to stop.

That 4th quarter drive though Ridley carried like three Ravens for extra yardage a couple of times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's putting it Blountly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Blount does have a better career ypc than Ridley.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I said this two weeks ago when I converted and said we should stick with him as the 1A back, he runs just like Antwoin Smith.  Dillon, not quite that talented...

Nothing flashy, just a pile driver type with a good cut back, I hope we ride him heavily in the playoffs, if we do we have a chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's not Dillon by a long shot, but: him, Ridley (assuming no more fumbles) and Bolden to mix it up are more than good enough as they showed today. Great win.

[/QUOTE]

I think the best part of this RB crew is that they are all different types of backs. If someone does not work, someone else will. The team just has to be patient at finding who it is that the opponent cannot stop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

He's really progressed as a player. He's a different player than what he was in Tampa. The media would call him a "power back" and I use to say he was a "power back" that didn't run with power. He has light, quick feet and I feel like he relied on them a little too much when he first came into the league. He was looking for the big run too much and ignored his obvious strengths. Which is hitting the hole with force as an north to south runner. Instead he was trying to make guys miss, as opposed to picking up 3-4 yards and wearing down a D. He's the type of back that gets better throughout a game and makes a D not want to tackle his 250lb body.

He's a great fit for this team and perfect compliment to the rest of the back's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

That was what was so maddening about Fins game. Both times in short goal to go situations they didnt give him a carry!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I dont know about comparing, but what he does is punish a Defense. Ridley, not that far behind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Blount is best when he's fed a steady dose of the football. You can't be willy nilly with him and give him a carry once in awhile, he gets stronger the more you run him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cory Dillion was one of the greatest backs ever. He carried a bengals O until he got frustrated ans threw his gear in the stands. He was a perfect compliment to Brady and was one f the best in the game.  Course he beat his wife/girl and became a slimeball. 

Blount is no Dillion. Although Blount is  talented player he needs Ridley and vareen/boldin to be effective. Dillion did it by himself. I think dillon still holds the pats singe season record with over 1500 yards. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Fidd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's really progressed as a player. He's a different player than what he was in Tampa. The media would call him a "power back" and I use to say he was a "power back" that didn't run with power. He has light, quick feet and I feel like he relied on them a little too much when he first came into the league. He was looking for the big run too much and ignored his obvious strengths. Which is hitting the hole with force as an north to south runner. Instead he was trying to make guys miss, as opposed to picking up 3-4 yards and wearing down a D. He's the type of back that gets better throughout a game and makes a D not want to tackle his 250lb body.

He's a great fit for this team and perfect compliment to the rest of the back's.

[/QUOTE]

I like blount for his combination of size and shake which is rare...  You don't want a big guy to be going sideways all the time but if he has that vision to see those cutback lanes (a la Dillon) then I'll take it...lol.  Then he has surprising sneaky speed maybe due to longer strides...  Probly not as fast as Dillon in his prime but I'm ccomparing them as Patriots so its young Blount vs older dillon. 

Another comparison I like to make is Vereen to Thurman  Thomas.  Just for fun I googled their size comparison...

Vereen 5'10" , 205.        Thurman Thomas...  5'10",  206  .... lol.

then ...

Blount 6'1" 241                Dillon 6'1" 225.   

Also.. Both are from NW schools Oregon, Washington (resp.).  Both had off-field issues.  Blount's height varied from 6'2 in college to 6'0 with patriots and some at 6'1 so I took the average.

Antowain Smith   6'2"  232.   I met Antowain and shook his hand when he came to Vermont with Kraft and the lombardi in 2002.    He looked even bigger than that. (i'm 6'0 190)...lol.   His neck was wider than his head I think...  lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like blount for his combination of size and shake which is rare...  You don't want a big guy to be going sideways all the time but if he has that vision to see those cutback lanes (a la Dillon) then I'll take it...lol.  Then he has surprising sneaky speed maybe due to longer strides...  Probly not as fast as Dillon in his prime but I'm ccomparing them as Patriots so its young Blount vs older dillon. 

Another comparison I like to make is Vereen to Thurman  Thomas.  Just for fun I googled their size comparison...

then ...

Also.. Both are from NW schools Oregon, Washington (resp.).  Both had off-field issues.  Blount's height varied from 6'2 in college to 6'0 with patriots and some at 6'1 so I took the average.

Antowain Smith   6'2"  232.   I met Antowain and shook his hand when he came to Vermont with Kraft and the lombardi in 2002.    He looked even bigger than that. (i'm 6'0 190)...lol.   His neck was wider than his head I think...  lol.

[/QUOTE]

And watch SB 36 - Smith got hosed HE should have got MVP he had 92 yards rushing in that game....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Blount was money against the Ravens. He's looking good. I espiecally liked seeing him carry Ravens players along with the ball. That was beastly!  His TD  end zone dance was a piece of work. All good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Looks like Belichick knew what he was doing when he traded Demps to Tampa Bay for Blount. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they worked on his technique a bit. Think he is les upright and leans forward a bit more. Seems to break off 10 yard more often than not.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right, it does look like they have worked on his technique a little bit...not a ton, but just enough. He looks like he lost a little weight too - during the preseason it looked like his head could not fit in his helmet, they either gave him a bigger one or he dropped five pounds.

I still don't think this guy is the answer to our problems, but if you give him a little room he's proven to be effective.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

then ...

[/QUOTE]

And watch SB 36 - Smith got hosed HE should have got MVP he had 92 yards rushing in that game....

[/QUOTE]

right ,  I could see that but Brady was immense on that last drive .  total team effort including D and vinnatieri.  Great game , still makes me tear up when that ball goes through the uprights...   "It's good.......  IT'S GOOD....   "  -GIL SANTOS