Blount...5 carries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Blount...5 carries?

"When your offense fiddles with itself and has the D on the field so much, it's not hard to do that especially against the all time greatest offense in NFL history, at home and in perfect 60 degree weather."

Classic from leg drippings, That's because the losers weren't capable of making a 3rd down stop and getting off the field.

How did your Boy Dink do last night?  Did he even play?

He came up really small again in a game that counts.  Now

stop calling him Mike Vrabel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In my opinon, we should've tried to the run the ball more.

yeah Im so dumb because it wasnt working, but in all honesty, until Denver chilled with a 3 score lead the pass game didn't do squat either.

maybe if our best runner, Ridley, got more carries he could make more plays with more opportunity. I think the run could have been est. but wasnt attempted to and it needed to be.... why?

cause our D was giving up 8 minutes drives, 2nd & 20's 3rd & 10's and Arrington never knows where the ball is.

the run could've been est. more or atleast tried more

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Sure keep running into a concrete wall while the other team is doing this in consecutive drives:

TOUCHDOWN

FG

TOUCHDOWN

FG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They weren't able to run the ball against Denver today.  Did that really surprise you?  If you can't run then you pretty much need to pass. 

Umm, you call that trying to run the ball? LOL!

Pathetic excuse.

[/QUOTE]

Running against #26 ranked Colts and # 28th ranked Bills isn't the same as running against # 7 ranked Denver.    Learn the game!

[/QUOTE]

^^MORON

When your own offense is the all time leading offense in history you should be ranked pretty high vs the run, dummy, because your team is always so far ahead.

What a moron.  LOL

Embarrassed yet?

[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot!  Why don't you do your homework?  You always say things that push your agenda..... but you are always wrong. 

Tell me this... Were the Giants always so far ahead of other teams during the season?  Giants had 601 passing attemtps against their defense, the Broncos had 615 passing attempts against their defense.  Were teams trying to catch up to the Giants too?  How about this..   Dallas didn't even make the playoffs, were they always so far ahead during games that opponents had to pass against them?  Dallas had 623 passing attempts vs them, more then the Broncos.  Or how about the Browns?  605 passing attempts against them, not much less then the Broncos had against them.  Were teams playing catch up to the Browns too?

Your argument is a joke! Embarrased yet? 

Why don't you check out rushing attempts and compare those to other teams also  Opponents rushed 421 times vs the Jets and 420 times vs the Broncos.  Your argument would indicate that teams stopped running against the Jets because they were fdown and trying to play catch up.  Hahahaha!!  You don't know what you are talking about!

OWNED again! 

While you are at it... Please tell me again how Amendola was going to help this team win a SB this season.  You tool!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure keep running into a concrete wall while the other team is doing this in consecutive drives:

TOUCHDOWN

FG

TOUCHDOWN

FG

[/QUOTE]

Now, that's embarrassing. 

If the receivers suck and the entire defense sucks, how is Brady supposed to help them win?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I think we all knew Blount has the ability to have games like this, he's not quick enough to go through small spaces and that's what Denver did...made the spaces small. It's called good run D - you know, the stuff we used to be able to do.

Truth is none of it mattered, nothing matters when your defense gives up 500 yards in the AFC championship game. Has that ever been done before? Is that a record? And to think they were out there for that long without our offense turning the ball over once. You can't win like that...running/not running, throwing/not throwing makes no difference when your defense craps

When your offense fiddles with itself and has the D on the field so much, it's not hard to do that especially against the all time greatest offense in NFL history, at home and in perfect 60 degree weather.

Has there ever been a HOF QB to not string together two good postseason games in a row, in a decade like Brady?

lol

[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a HOF defensive genius that repeatedly (year after year) puts out some of the worst defenses in the league and can't string together two good games?

Heads need to roll.

[/QUOTE]

Heads need to roll with the D losing as many starters as they did and the D allowing 26 points to the best offense of all time on the road?

LOL!

Social services should be called and your kids should be rescued from their psycho daddy named Pezzy.

Pezzy makes nonsensical commentary on the BDC Pats board for a living with fresh stock of Brady dolls in his closet. lol

[/QUOTE]

26 points on 7 possessions.  You do know most games are 12, right?

Do you undertand that?   nah... that would take a brain.

We all know yours is preserved in alcohol.

So, tell us.  When does the defensive genius put out a good D?

I thought nothing could be worse than that 2011 D, boy was I wrong. 

Getting worse every year.  Scores on all but one possession.  No T/o's, no 3 & outs, no sacks, no hits, allowed the O, 7, freaken possessions.  Hard to beat that one.  At least there were 8 possessions in 11.  Hey, maybe next year they can get it down to a 6 possession game.  That would be awesome.

Maybe you're too busy playing with dolls to notice it's SUCKED for years. eh?

[/QUOTE]

Still bashing BB for not knowing the D would be destroyed by injuries all year as he wins Exec of the YEar and possibly COTY, huh?  If your anger stems from BB not knowing certain humans would be injured, not having a crystal ball, then you have some serious mental problems.

Kinda funny how the best coach of all time is being blamed repeatedly on here when Brady is mediocre all the time, whether it be 2007 and an udefeated season meltdown with an All Star team or now.

Will Brady ever just be good throughout an entire postseason, because if he continues on doing this, we aren't winning anything anyway. See, most real fans get this concept.

If you can't get to 20 points, don't bother taking the field in this era, Tommy Boy.

lol

I am what you call a rational and reasonable person. The Pats D picked Luck 4 times last week and held to 20 points which is what they normally do every week. The Pats D has been DECIMATED by injuries to the point no NFL defense has ever seen that many Pro Bowlers or quality other players (Kelly, Spikes), lost either most of the season or in a big game like yesterday (Talib).

To expect some locked down D after all that, means you're flippin' moron and should be arrested for child abuse simply for existing.  bawhah

My god are you an angry, little sex stared married dork or what, huh? Look at the anger in every keystroke as you lube up another Brady doll.  My god.

If our CRAPPY, fading prima donna QB would ever get off his butt and stop looking like a scared crybaby before the game starts in the postseason, maybe we'll see improved QB play from Brady, huh?

Unlikely at this point.    We ain't going anywhere without a good postseason QB. Average ain't cutting it.

A 66.1 QBR ain't cutting it.

What was he even doing taking up all the time running plays that slowly in the second half?

Mindboggling.

[/QUOTE]

No coach/Gm' whose D gives up over 500 yards in a playoff game is ever going awarded for anything.

No Coach/Gm who has had some of the worst D's ever, for years, should even have a job.

Brady had a 94.1 QBR yesterday with 64% completions despite throwing to smurfs and 2 Mathews  ( W T F) and despite being harassed and sacked and despite his OWN DEFENSE causing the game plan to be thrown in the trash, because they couldn't get off the field.

How the hell can a D never leave the field unless they allow a score is beyond the most pathetic thing I can think of.  Well, except for you, that is.

That's what happens every single time the D can't get off the field limiting possessions, allows scores on all but one possession or 75% of them as in 011, and gives up the lead. 

They throw the balance in the trash! 

BB relies on TB too much cuz he can't trust his own D.

Sucks, BB's D is so freaken bad they have to do that every year.  Really does.

Change needed ASAP!

You are the furthest thing from rational, pickled brain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He did absolutely nothing to earn a 6th carry.  I guess you weren't watching the game.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Some people are on life support with this thing. 

I wouldn't call another Blount play if you paid me. 

[/QUOTE]

I doubt you felt this way the last 3 weeks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well, Denver has been holding teams running backs to 1 ypc every game of the season. We knew we would never be able to run on this chicago bears type defense!. Total domination, and our run game is terrible....9th in the league what is that crap? We know we can't run, we've seen it the last 3 weeks of the year.  We also know that the power run game never works,  we have tried and tried and tried. I will show below.

We also know that Brady has proven he doesn't need a balanced offense when playing the best defenses in the league. He has to air it out, it is the only we have hit our 15.5 ppg average in the last 6 playoff losses.  If we used more balance we would have scored like negative 3 points because running more with an aggressive o line leads to less scoring, like we showed the last 3 games of the year.

I mean I used to think balance was important,  but this is just outdated b.s cooked up by a bunch of old time great super bowl winning coaches just trying to keep the secret that passing 2 or 3 to 1 ratio against the run is really what does it, especially against great pass rushing defenses like the gints, ravens,  jets and this years broncos!

Lets take a look at our last 6 playoff losses and we'll all see this as" FACT, TRUTH, DUMMIES, AND LEARN THE GAME."

We have passed 268 times in our last 6 playoff games. I dont think that includes the 17 sacks for minus 158 yards. We have done great too with 9 passing tds to only 7 interceptions,  and only 3 qb fumbles so 9 tds to 10 turnovers...not bad?

We were smart in these games to get rid of power running in favor of this pass heavy offense as we see, we had 66 power runs(meaning ridley, blount, bjge, maroney) and 47 scat back runs out of spread formations.

So we had 268 plus 17 sacks is 285 passes to 113 runs of which 66 were power runs...like we did with Blount and Ridley the 3 weeks before this broncos debacle.so, yes 285 passes to 66 power running plays.

This lead to 15.5 ppg scored in these 6 playoff losses, but we know that the points scored was our defenses fault, so our gameplans of heavy spread offense with finesse runs and a few token power runs was responsible for a mammoth 9 passing tds to 10 qb turnovers, with only 17 sacks for minus158 yards in 6 straight playoff losses!

I just wish we would have gotten rid of those 66 power runs in our last 6 playoff losses and gone straight up pass every play, 285 passes should have been 351 as it works so well!  Then keep our 47 finesse scat runs as they always worked great!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He did absolutely nothing to earn a 6th carry.  I guess you weren't watching the game.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Some people are on life support with this thing. 

I wouldn't call another Blount play if you paid me. 

[/QUOTE]

I doubt you felt this way the last 3 weeks

[/QUOTE]

He didn't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Well, Denver has been holding teams running backs to 1 ypc every game of the season. We knew we would never be able to run on this chicago bears type defense!. Total domination, and our run game is terrible....9th in the league what is that crap? We know we can't run, we've seen it the last 3 weeks of the year.  We also know that the power run game never works,  we have tried and tried and tried. I will show below.

We also know that Brady has proven he doesn't need a balanced offense when playing the best defenses in the league. He has to air it out, it is the only we have hit our 15.5 ppg average in the last 6 playoff losses.  If we used more balance we would have scored like negative 3 points because running more with an aggressive o line leads to less scoring, like we showed the last 3 games of the year.

I mean I used to think balance was important,  but this is just outdated b.s cooked up by a bunch of old time great super bowl winning coaches just trying to keep the secret that passing 2 or 3 to 1 ratio against the run is really what does it, especially against great pass rushing defenses like the gints, ravens,  jets and this years broncos!

Lets take a look at our last 6 playoff losses and we'll all see this as" FACT, TRUTH, DUMMIES, AND LEARN THE GAME."

We have passed 268 times in our last 6 playoff games. I dont think that includes the 17 sacks for minus 158 yards. We have done great too with 9 passing tds to only 7 interceptions,  and only 3 qb fumbles so 9 tds to 10 turnovers...not bad?

We were smart in these games to get rid of power running in favor of this pass heavy offense as we see, we had 66 power runs(meaning ridley, blount, bjge, maroney) and 47 scat back runs out of spread formations.

So we had 268 plus 17 sacks is 285 passes to 113 runs of which 66 were power runs...like we did with Blount and Ridley the 3 weeks before this broncos debacle.so, yes 285 passes to 66 power running plays.

This lead to 15.5 ppg scored in these 6 playoff losses, but we know that the points scored was our defenses fault, so our gameplans of heavy spread offense with finesse runs and a few token power runs was responsible for a mammoth 9 passing tds to 10 qb turnovers, with only 17 sacks for minus158 yards in 6 straight playoff losses!

I just wish we would have gotten rid of those 66 power runs in our last 6 playoff losses and gone straight up pass every play, 285 passes should have been 351 as it works so well!  Then keep our 47 finesse scat runs as they always worked great!

Do you even watch the games or do you just look at the box score afterwards to count the runs? A lot of those early runs were power runs.  I formation, two TE.  The Broncos were ready for them.  We threw because that's what you do when you are in third and five and are only getting one yard running the ball. 

First seven runs (if I caught them all) were from these formations:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'll just add those first seven runs went for:

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They weren't able to run the ball against Denver today.  Did that really surprise you?  If you can't run then you pretty much need to pass. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, you call that trying to run the ball? LOL!

Pathetic excuse.

[/QUOTE]

Running against #26 ranked Colts and # 28th ranked Bills isn't the same as running against # 7 ranked Denver.    Learn the game!

[/QUOTE]

Bingo! 

[/QUOTE]

Denver's Run D is not really ranked #7.  Denver's offense was so far ahead in games, they were always defending the pass because they were so far ahead.

And, you're saying "bingo" after the moron tells others to "learn the game"?

LOL!

Anyone who watched that Denver D this year knows how poor it was and it has been.

Balt's Run D is easily better than Denvers and Indy's about the same quality.

I have never seen a real Pats fan look at where a D ranks vs the run or pass and then just say "well, we won't bother using the pass or run today because the other team is ranked highly defending it".

Pure lunacy. You have to attempt both every week if you want to try to achieve balance

1st half of SB 38 is a very good example.  NE's D allowed a measly 10 points, but Antowain Smith still set the tone and ended up with 26 carries that day and Carolina's D got worn down. So, did our D, as a matter of fact.

[/QUOTE]

Not the point. I didn't say don't run it. I said run it off tackle and around the edges. Using Blount up the middle was clearly not working, 6 yards on 5 carries is pitiful. Looking at that one might think Denver's run D is ranked #1.

whatever your logic..."they are really not ranked 7" doesn't matter. We simply couldn't run behind mankins, Connolly and Wendell. Try outside where we had the 2 TEs plus the tackles and Brady was under center where you like him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vasolinecatbust. Show vasolinecatbust's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrbungle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really? 5 times he gets the ball?

FIVE times? I'd say he deserved to get more touches. He earned it. 

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

I do hope we sign Blount to at least a 2 year deal. 

We had probably be wise to draft another QB in this draft. 

I'd be perfectly fine if we drafted all defensive players this year. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

Hello? Who came up with this?

[/QUOTE]

Just think, if he had gotten just 10 more carries, that would have been an additional 12 yards in offense.

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good pics PRo real telling how we sold out to the Broncos when we were running and throwing. last week's stat of blount playing like 26 snaps and getting 24 carries was alarming becuase whenever he's on the field its a run... too much of a giveaway. Ridley was a better option this game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what im saying pro, like every game. We always get stopped dead, and you never want to give guys more then 1 carry on 2 pass to 1 run drives! That's why we have passed 285 times to 66 power runs in our last 6 playoff losses and 113 runs by RB's total...Right?

Like our power back and his 4.5 ypc in the last SB with 3 of his whopping 10 carries on s-h-o-r-t yardage where he converted all of them, and against the jets, with his 4.5 ypc but received 9 of them, in favor of woody and his 3ypc on 14 draws out of finesse spread formation! Its  f ing genius buddy and it works everytime!

I finally see the light. 285 passes to 66 power runs lead to dominate offense where we have score FIFTEEN POINT FIVE POINTS PER GAME IN 6 CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF LOSSES. 9 passing tds to 10 QB turnovers, and 17 sacks! F ing genius buddy! Nothing wrong with the offense buddy! Nada!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

WOW! That was probably a lot of research.

Too bad it's irrelevant.

Each game is it's own entity.  The pass/run balance in week 17  has no bearing on what happened last week or any other week, for that matter.

The only thing that matters is how many points the O scores and how many Points the D gives up, in the allotted amount of time.

Since each game is different, there are a few things one (coaches) have to consider in game planning, to try and gain an edge.  That Almost always depends on the strength and weakness of the opposition.  Avoid the strengths and exploit the weakness.

Depending on success or FAILURE of the plan, there are often adjustments made throughout the games.  Right?

There are really only a limited amount of adjustments you can make on offense.

Run more, pass more, go hurry up, go shotgun, more play action, dink and dunk, ect..

Utilizing those doesn't always mean success but is a counter to an undesirable situation.

What are undesirable situations?

Your Qb getting sacked/hurried a lot might be one that warrants an adjustment either changing protection or going shotgun often helps.  Counter to a bad situation, right?

Different situations require different counters, like being behind in the 4th normally requires more passing.  The Pats came back from being behind at least 5 times this year.  Good job!

They also didn't come back a few times, yesterday being one.  Sometimes, that's a matter of execution ( a dropped pass or an overthrow or a stuffed run) but the most common theme I am seeing in these losses is the one a lot of you dismiss, which I don't understand how you could because it's an immense part of the game, (especially since it's extremely common in their losses)  It's also been a matter of game plan for 100 years.

That reality is that the D not getting off the field IS killing this team.  It not only helps the opposition but stifles their own offense.  This is really not that hard to see, if you look.

It's probably in most games every week, sometimes more grave than others.  It always seems to be grave for the Pats.

The number of plays that an offense runs per drive (as the D allows) affects the number of plays that the opposing offense runs per game.  (understand that?)  As a result, an increase in the number of plays that an offense runs per drive will lead opposing offenses to score fewer points per game because they will run fewer plays each game.  Strictly related to a timed game.

There is no mathematical way to avoid this.  If the D is using too much time, the O must use less or if the opposing O is using a lot of time your own O is forced to use less.

Same thing.

Having less time on O, always relates to fewer plays, because it HAS TO.

There is no choice.  Bad D's lose games with more than just points given because they are taking away, too.

If that is the case, you are always more likely going to pass because you have less plays  and less time to try and score.  Running two,  4 yard run plays does not make sense because of the diminished plays and lack of time.  You have to try and advance quickly.

So TC, after all that work, the morale of the story is, If you want balance and you want to increase your runs, you have to have the time and a good amount of plays to do it.

The D gives you that time or in the Pats case, takes it away.

In other words, THE D HAS TO STOP GIVING UP SO MANY 1ST DOWNS AND SCORES AND GET OFF THE F'N FIELD!!!

Or maybe you missed during the broadcast yesterday, them mentioning a few times that the D has to find a way to get off the field.  It's not mindless chatter, it's the truth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

[/QUOTE]

It's mindboggling, but that's what happens when you open up a game with your QB in the shotgun or using playaction as a gimmick instead with a methodical purpose.

Basically they ran amuck over Baltimore, Buffalo and Indy because they were wearing them down.  I could see if NE was down by 14+ early or something, but they weren't.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Manning not only opened this game in shotgun but hardly ever came out of it all season?  Seems not to have hurt that offense. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They tried running Blount 5 times inside. I said it before, Denver's middle is pretty good, knighton is a load. Why run at him? We should have run off tackle or around the edges all day with Ridley and Vereen. Did you see Vereen get stuffed at the end on the 2 pt conversion? Because he ran over the guard. Bad game planning period. We should have spread Denver out with wide runs and then lots of receivers.

[/QUOTE]

They did run several WR screens to attack the edges. While those go down as pass plays, they are essentially outside runs. They ran some stretch plays, but Denvers LBs were moving well. I don't think edge running was the answer.  

As I said before the game, the key was our defense being able to disrupt Manning's timing and slow Denver's offense.  Our offense isn't good enough right now to compete in a  s h o ot  out .   Edelman is a scrappy player, but when he's (by far) your best receiver, you really are undermanned in the passing game. And the run game simply wasn't productive enough against the Denver defense to carry the offense.  We didn't lose the game because of bad playcalling or coaching mistakes.  We lost it because we didn't have the talent to compete.  Without all the injuries, we would have been more competitive.  Add Gronk and our offense is much better.  But the team we sent to the field on Sunday was talent deficient compared with the Broncos. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly the opposite is true. 

The patriots should have gone 5 WR, empty backfield, and done the Charlie Weiss treatment to the Broncos who were forced into starting Champ Bailey at CB.

But the Patriots don't have 5 WRs. 

Which mean Mr. Kraft needs to spend some $$$

Needs to spend some $$$ on a new GM.

Time to read BB the riot act. Coach only, or move on.

[/QUOTE]

babe. maybe you're right.Kraft may have to decide, BB is either GM or Coach. He's been winning no doubt, but the product keeps coming up empty with results. Kraft may need to visit it. BB is too close to the product and he doesn't see the flaws or thinks Kraft will settle with winning during the regular season and be happy.

The  biggest indicators are 2006 AFCG game, SBs 42 and 46 where the defense couldn't hold to close the game out, after the offense got the lead.

BB needs to build a bullet proof defense, so the offense doesn't always have to bail out the team.

The past 2 AFCCGs speak for themsleves, out coached 

13 winning seasons should equal more ROI

[/QUOTE]

Kraft is going to change nothing. BB will do the same things he always does. We will ride Brady until he retires to some division titles, nothing more.

And someday, a bright guy will come along and do great things. But we may not see that in our lifetime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what im saying pro, like every game. We always get stopped dead, and you never want to give guys more then 1 carry on 2 pass to 1 run drives! That's why we have passed 285 times to 66 power runs in our last 6 playoff losses and 113 runs by RB's total...Right?

Like our power back and his 4.5 ypc in the last SB with 3 of his whopping 10 carries on s-h-o-r-t yardage where he converted all of them, and against the jets, with his 4.5 ypc but received 9 of them, in favor of woody and his 3ypc on 14 draws out of finesse spread formation! Its  f ing genius buddy and it works everytime!

I finally see the light. 285 passes to 66 power runs lead to dominate offense where we have score FIFTEEN POINT FIVE POINTS PER GAME IN 6 CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF LOSSES. 9 passing tds to 10 QB turnovers, and 17 sacks! F ing genius buddy! Nothing wrong with the offense buddy! Nada!

[/QUOTE]

There are problems with the offense, but the run-pass balance is a symptom not a cause.  The cause is the talent we have. 

I know you think it's the best talent in the NFL, but when Edelman is your absolute best receiver and every other receiver is far behind him in productivity you aren't a very talented offense.  The run game looked good against some teams toward season's end, but Denver's defense easily stopped it as did other good defenses during the season.  To score, you need to move the ball and get first downs.  There was nothing in the game Sunday to suggest that running more was going to allow us to get more first downs.  Passing wasn't working well either, but the odds of getting the yardage we needed to maintain drives were far higher throwing Sunday than running.  The pass-run balance was primarily the result of the situations we were in.  More longish runs and more completions and we would have been able to run more.  Lots of s h o r t runs and incompletions like we actually had, and you end up having to throw because you are in second and long or third and long. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TOUCHDOWN

FG

TOUCHDOWN

FG

[/QUOTE]

Now, that's embarrassing. 

If the receivers suck and the entire defense sucks, how is Brady supposed to help them win?

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5 carries for 10 yards or 20 carries for 30 yards.   bad running is bad running

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

D. Thomas> Edleman

J. Thomas> Hoo; when healthy Gronk> Thomas

Welker> Amendola

Decker>Dobson

And no pressure on Manning. Manning had the weapons and plenty of time to use them. Broncos had better weapons on offense and had nice time-consuming drives that wore the defense down. So the standard response is well the D did not give up 30+ points to great offense. No TOs and too many injuries.