BOB's play calling.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

BOB's play calling.....

I will reserve my judgement after hearing from many of you...only one thought...deep to Matt Slater better not happen in 2 weeks...please comment..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: BOB's play calling.....

In Response to BOB's play calling.....:
    [QUOTE].deep to Matt Slater better not happen in 2 weeks...please comment..
    Posted by chiz33[/QUOTE]

Agree. B O'B called a poor game. we should have won this game 35-20

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

He likes to forget about the running game and he call aggressive plays at times when we need to protect the ball. Can't wait till we win and he can be gone and forgotten about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It appeared to be TOO conservative to a degree...  seems the wrong plays called at the wrong time.  They should have been much more aggressive after the INT and they weren't.  That was the time to put a nail in the coffin..gave the Ravens life if not for Condiff's foot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't whether that is his call or Brady's. Looking at the game as a whole I'm tempted to blame Brady for forcing it deep into double coverage. We may never know though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We have been winning in spite of him all year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

That throw to Slater wasn't the only one...what about the throws to Edelman?  He's a 4th-5th target too.  What is wrong with throwing to the horses that brought you here?...just bizarre

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: BOB's play calling.....:
    [QUOTE]He likes to forget about the running game and he call aggressive plays at times when we need to protect the ball. Can't wait till we win and he can be gone and forgotten about.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

And call conservative plays when we need to move the chains.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Agree it was bad game calling from whoever either Brady or O'brien. After Spikes got the interception I thought a couple of runs from the LawFirm would be in order but that deep pass to Slater into double coverage was 1 of the worst calls not only today but all year. Shocking call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

Agreed....the Edelman factor was hard to stomach and to a degree understand the "element of surpirse" in the game...in fact Parcells talked about it on CBS today in these types of games...but let's go Gronk, Deion, Hernandez, Welker as the horses and throw to your Edlemans and Slaters after a few checkdowns....in the end let's put Josh into play and come up with a great game plan in two weeks......against the 49ers as it looks right now!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I don't whether that is his call or Brady's. Looking at the game as a whole I'm tempted to blame Brady for forcing it deep into double coverage. We may never know though.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

brady was forcing it a lil early in the game too. Hindsight is always 20-20. if they had gotten a td instead of an INT....we'd be singin praises

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]I will reserve my judgement after hearing from many of you...only one thought...deep to Matt Slater better not happen in 2 weeks...please comment..
    Posted by chiz33[/QUOTE]

I'll have to say...there was no reason, nothing, to justify calling this play.  Pats were up by 3 with 7 minutes left.  They were doing a good job dinkin an dunkin and without a doubt would've burned at least 5 mins off the clock before they invariably score a TD or at the very least a FG.  I really wonder who was to blame for this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I agree completely tcal and nypatsfan, I hope BB took notice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BOB's play calling..... : I'll have to say...there was no reason, nothing, to justify calling this play.  Pats were up by 3 with 7 minutes left.  They were doing a good job dinkin an dunkin and without a doubt would've burned at least 5 mins off the clock before they invariably score a TD or at the very least a FG.  I really wonder who was to blame for this.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

And Slater is not a good reciever !!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]It appeared to be TOO conservative to a degree...  seems the wrong plays called at the wrong time.  They should have been much more aggressive after the INT and they weren't.  That was the time to put a nail in the coffin..gave the Ravens life if not for Condiff's foot!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail on the head. Wrong plays called at wrong time. First way too conservative and then recklessy agressive. Head scratchers and Heart Stoppers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BOB's play calling..... : And Slater is not a good reciever !!!!!!
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  My best guess wass that since he's a relative unknown, he wouldn't generate the same coverage others would've.  But Brady did not even look at who was open.  He just went ahead anyway and like a robot threw it based on the designed play.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]I don't whether that is his call or Brady's. Looking at the game as a whole I'm tempted to blame Brady for forcing it deep into double coverage. We may never know though.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have never liked OB's play calling but at least he committed to up tempo, and after that it's hard to tell whether it was Brady or OB making the calls. Not a great game plan, but not horrible either, just poor execution by Brady, and not quite enough different looks (e.g. went to the Hernandez run well way to much!)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I will reserve my judgement after hearing from many of you...only one thought...deep to Matt Slater better not happen in 2 weeks...please comment..
    Posted by chiz33[/QUOTE]

i was all over it on the gaem thread.

his playcalling on offense and bb on defense (rushin 3 and killing the clock at the end of first half with  111 left) 

were the only reason ravens were in teh game.
    otheriws it would not havce been close

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BOB's play calling..... : Agree. B O'B called a poor game. we should have won this game 35-20
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I agree we stopped running when it was working..not playing Ocho was not smart since Gronk had to block quite a bit..mini receivers running routes outside the hashes were bad calls Brady trying to force it..

We didnt grind the clock out after the Spikes interception..That play call to Slater was stupid.. call that from the 50 on first down in the middle of the game..timimg was ugly..

Brady played like crap overall at least he admitted it..

We needed Ridley as well..and will in the Super Bowl

Flush it and move on..Great Win!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Agree it was bad game calling from whoever either Brady or O'brien. After Spikes got the interception I thought a couple of runs from the LawFirm would be in order but that deep pass to Slater into double coverage was 1 of the worst calls not only today but all year. Shocking call.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

i agree, they were running the ball well and probably would have come out with at least a fg while killing some clock. it was the worst call of the year and he's made some bad ones. the patriots should have won this game by at least 10 points, maybe more. bjge played very well and the defense made some plays too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I highly doubt that O'Brien would've called that play in that situation.  It was either an audible or it was Brady's call all the way. 

If O'Brien did call that play, I guarantee he doesn't want to hear what Bellichick has to say about it.  There's just no way that play gets dialed up with 7 minutes to go, a 3 point lead, the ball at the fifty, in the 4th quarter, against this defense.  No way.